Page 109 of 313 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 4692
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Yeah I understand. I also has a friend who know Damian from Supersons comic and horrified that Damian is...... darker than she thought. She refused to read current Teen Titans because of prison thing and when I tried to persuade her to read Terminus agenda because honestly for me that arc is amazing she just said 'what the heck he has a plan to kill all the prisoners! That's not Damian!'. But she loves RSOB and Batman & Robin. So I understand that most Damian's fans love to read his good potential, redemption and lighter side. And as much as I love to explore Damian's ruthless darker side, I also don't want him to lose his fanbase. Let's hope that my anti-hero imagination will not happen and DC let Damian develop toward goodness.
    Its funny I was on Twitter the other day talking to someone who created a Damian Wayne reading list and they did not put Teen Titans on the list. They told me that they didn't put it on the list because they felt it took away Damian's character development. In my opinion I feel like that view is wrong. Characters development does not mean that a character will never have setbacks or struggles if that was the case what would a hero have to overcome to become greater than what they are in the moment. People forget that Damian is not the only Robin to under go setbacks for character development. If you read Nightwing during the 90s Dick was angry. In the the 2000s Tim while dealing with the death of Connor tries to clone him. Additionally, during the period when Bruce was thought dead beats up Stephanie Brown out of paranoia. I remember people being upset especially by the Tim's actions during this time but both of the series I mentioned are considered must read for Tim's development as a character. Red Robin and Teen Titans. Not every defining moment for your favorite character is going to be sunshine and rainbows if it was think about it would you still want to read?

Fiction often has a problem a hero has to overcome in Damian's case it's his relationship with Bruce and their separate views on crime. How can a character grow without overcoming any obstacles? They can't, that's why I never take the whole idea of Damian losing character development seriously.

Also remember a lot of these characters have existed for decades there will always be a interpretation of that character your not going to like throughout their history. But comics often go through cycles where the thing you like eventually become the norm for a character again. Also, remember this too a lot of comic book fans have short memories the moment that a character is given a writer they like or a well received run they are fans again.

So, I am really not worried about Damian's future.

Fantastic Member

Yeah I understand. I also has a friend who know Damian from Supersons comic and horrified that Damian is...... darker than she thought. She refused to read current Teen Titans because of prison thing and when I tried to persuade her to read Terminus agenda because honestly for me that arc is amazing she just said 'what the heck he has a plan to kill all the prisoners! That's not Damian!'. But she loves RSOB and Batman & Robin. So I understand that most Damian's fans love to read his good potential, redemption and lighter side. And as much as I love to explore Damian's ruthless darker side, I also don't want him to lose his fanbase. Let's hope that my anti-hero imagination will not happen and DC let Damian develop toward goodness.
    I just remembered about Batman and Robin that Damian killed Maya's father in that run and at the very beginning literally kills a bat in the cave in one of the first issue due to being angry. Also, Tomasi himself talks about how Supersons is not how he normally writes Damian in fact he says he nerfed his personality to have him fit in more with Jon. I just kind of wondering what is your friend's line in the sand on Damian being dark. Also, I remember being in your friends shoes and refusing to read the current Teen Titans run. But I realized it's not fair to say I don't like a book without giving it a shot. Now it's the book I look forward to each month. The prison was such a non issue once you read the book and only matters in the crossover with Deathstroke.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 04-08-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I just remembered about Batman and Robin that Damian killed Maya's father in that run and at the very beginning literally kills a bat in the cave in one of the first issue due to being angry. Also, Tomasi himself talks about how Supersons is not how he normally writes Damian in fact he says he nerfed his personality to have him fit in more with Jon. I just kind of wondering what is your friend's line in the sand on Damian being dark. Also, I remember being in your friends shoes and refusing to read the current Teen Titans run. But I realized it's not fair to say I don't like a book without giving it a shot. Now it's the book I look forward to each month. The prison was such a non issue once you read the book and only matters in the crossover with Deathstroke.
    I think she hated it at first, but not long after Titus came and Damian became a vegetarian, also Damian killed Nobody because he was half-conscious and want to protect Bruce she kinda....tolerated it? (Even though I saw her wince when she looked the panel of Damian's finger drilled into Nobody's skull). She loves redemption plot, and she thinks that current Teen Titans erased those development. The thing is, Damian is a kid who literally saw blood and murder on the first day of his life, and raised to commit countless murder until he was 10. You can't just expect him to be heartful sunshine child just because his father said 'no murder!' and gave him dog. His ruthlessness came from his early assassin training, his arrogance came from his grooming as a prince of League of Assassin, and it can't be erased easily. That's what built Damian as a character, and if you want to erased that, means that you want to erase what makes Damian Damian.

I also didn't like prison arc at fist, not because of morality behind it, but because to me Damian's private prison and his claim to find a solution better than Batman's is pointless without the proof that his prison is not as breakable as Arkham Asylum. The problem of Arkham Asylum is that prison is ridiculously easy to break out, to the point that I think if you get a job as Arkham Asylum therapist, you sealed your fate, you will either die or severely traumatized (popular example: Harley Quin. honorary example : Deathstroke's therapist and Arkham Knight's father), what's the point to compare a breakable prison with another breakable prison and claim that the latter is better? Needless to say Terminus Agenda solved that problem for me, I still remember how my hand shivered with excitement when they revealed the true nature of Damian's Terminus protocol. Plus Deathstroke's performance, he really live up to his reputation (as a grown-ass man whose hobby is harass teenagers). And of course, now Teen Titans is also the book I eagerly look forward too.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-08-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    No MORE RICK NONSENSE? I would like that.. But the coronavirus will delay it..

Fortunately what he said about Maya is fake. I miss her but I donīt want to see her returning to die in the same saga that she appears
    I never said anything about Maya. When I said nobody, I meant no-one. Should've worded it differently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I've said it before development isn't always forward or positive.
    Damian is a child and only made the choice to leave his mother and her ways 3 years ago in story time.
    It's unrealistic that Damian's not going to falter.
    What he is doing in the TT right now isn't because he is evil rather it's because he's good.
    He isn't hardened like the rest of the No Justice crew who were able to shake off the death of billions.

The only problem's I have with Tt is that they had him wear a bomb [that's OCC]
    They had Damian agree to be mentored by one who he doesn't respect and who his story is going in the opposite direction to Damian
    They seem to be about to ignore that Bruce is doing exactly the same thing.

I don't mind Damian having a prison or mind wiping so long as he learns and he's shown to be deeply regretful.

I don't want Damian to be a bad but I also don't want him to be pure.

that's what I dislike about SS. Fans who met Damian through that don't know the real Damian and are always shocked when they find out that he's a lot more grim than cute smol faux grumpy bff.

I'm not that interested in reading lighter stuff or just reading stories where Damian is good. That is boring.

All Robin's have Dark sides. 3 have killed, one has grown to become evil batman. Tim Damian in all his possibly bad teases has never been evil.
    He has almost as many good futures as Dick Grayson so i don't think it's all that bad for Damian
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-08-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I've said it before development isn't always forward or positive.
    Damian is a child and only made the choice to leave his mother and her ways 3 years ago in story time.
    It's unrealistic that Damian's not going to falter.
    What he is doing in the TT right now isn't because he is evil rather it's because he's good.
    He isn't hardened like the rest of the No Justice crew who were able to shake off the death of billions.

The only problem's I have with Tt is that they had him wear a bomb [that's OCC]
    They had Damian agree to be mentored by one who he doesn't respect and who his story is going in the opposite direction to Damian
    They seem to be about to ignore that Bruce is doing exactly the same thing.

I don't mind Damian having a prison or mind wiping so long as he learns and he's shown to be deeply regretful.

I don't want Damian to be a bad but I also don't want him to be pure.

that's what I dislike about SS. Fans who met Damian through that don't know the real Damian and are always shocked when they find out that he's a lot more grim than cute smol faux grumpy bff.

I'm not that interested in reading lighter stuff or just reading stories where Damian is good. That is boring.

All Robin's have Dark sides. 3 have killed, one has grown to become evil batman. Tim Damian in all his possibly bad teases has never been evil.
    He has almost as many good futures as Dick Grayson so i don't think it's all that bad for Damian
    Thank you, I completely agree Damian has shades of grey like all the Robins. I just feel like the fans he gets from Supersons sometimes aren't willing to look deeper than Damian did a bad thing I don't like it. Instead of actually looking at his reasons. Damian is the most like Bruce in that Bruce Wayne often does things that would be considered bad because he genuinely believes it's for the greater good. Like I still look back at stories like Tower of Babel and genuinely think Bruce was right to have plans to take out the Justice League. To not have plans to take out the most powerful beings in the DC Universe is irresponsible regardless of how much Bruce trusts them.

I also I don't think Bruce would be upset with Damian but more worried about how his own methods have affected his relationship with his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I never said anything about Maya. When I said nobody, I meant no-one. Should've worded it differently.
    Dangit, cat's out of the bag. Selina didn't like it in there. Nobody won't be forgotten. Spoiler for President. Robin the rich to give to the poor...

I'll stop now.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

https://twitter.com/i/status/1245418314093953031

Damian as batman in Harley Quinn The Animated series season 2

Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-08-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

Oh wow look at that.. Hahahaha!

I think what some of you don't seem to realize is yes, Damian shouldn't be a sunshine child that doesn't suffer from any problems anymore, but that a lot or people are tired of the arc Damian keeps going through.
    They're not interested in it, because they already read Morrison's take on it and then they read Tomasi's take on it, maybe they read Percy's take on it and now with Glass they dropped the book. And the idea of getting another "dark Damian" take isn't exciting either.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 04-08-2020 at 11:29 PM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

For some of us who miss Super Sons, I found a great fan animation video about them.

Screenshot_2020-04-09-19-38-33-255_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvuQVogm4ko

The animation is smooth and makes me wonder, again why DC won't let us have Super Sons animation series?
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-09-2020 at 05:40 AM.

For some of us who miss Super Sons, I found a great fan animation video about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvuQVogm4ko

The animation is smooth and makes me wonder, again why DC won't let us have Super Sons animation series?
    I haven't lost hope yet especially since DCuniverse is now a thing.
    There's DcSHg so why not Supersons?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

That's funny.

I thought they said Damian's voice actor wasn't available for season 2? This is a Nice surprise

That overside batman hood is soooooo cute on him ��
    Can I ask something irrelevant? Do you think the pandemic will push all the dates further? E.g. of JLD:AW or generally of the comics'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    That overside batman hood is soooooo cute on him ��
    Can I ask something irrelevant? Do you think the pandemic will push all the dates further? E.g. of JLD:AW or generally of the comics'
    It should release normal