Page 102 of 313 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The 90s Titans writer was planning for Kori and Dick to wed, Wolfman-approved, but then he found a different job and left.
    At that time, BTAS is super popular, where they also started DickBabs
    Batman's popularity was rising, starting with TDKR and Batman 89, and steadily continue with all the movies and TV, while Titans sales were going down the drain, so they want Dick back in the fold.
    So Wolfman was asked to finish off Dick and Kori and shipped Dick back to the Batman Family, where it's more profitable, and maybe start a relationship that's gaining traction in their more popular media.

So at first, things just fell into place. At first.

Years later though, with Dick and Babs firmly established in and out of comics, they started to redefine Dick's relationship with Kori, saying things like he doesn't really love her.

But the Teen Titans cartoon happen and reignite or begin a new batch of Dick Kori shippers

But by this point, Dick and Kori haven't been dating for more than 10 years I think, Dick and Babs are established in comics, Dick is established as a street hero, Batman family titles remain popular but Titans never got to the popularity and sales they had in the NTT days...

So there's no incentive for higherups to let Dick and Kori back together in Titans when they can't keep that book floating... or don't want to because they view Titans unnecessary group in between Justice League and Teen Titans.

Batman family is more profitable, they personally like it, the DickBabs pairing is known to the world, the Teen Titans show popularity doesn't translate to comic... bringing back Kori as Dick's lover again means involving her in the Batman Family or his street level series if they want to make sense, and it will change all the image they've built for 10 years at least. It's easier to just keep her away and continue with what they already have.

At the very least though, they don't dare marrying Dick off because, on top of making him older, they know there are tons of fans of both pairings.
    I guess the bottom line comes 1st.
    Honestly i don't see how Dick dating Star means she has to be involved in Blud or Batfamily duties in Gotham.
    She's got her own team and her own responsibilities. they both appear in different comics meaning that Nightwing readers for example can still get a title focused on him doing his thing but coming home to her [when she's not off world]

Jason already works with Arty, his series is street level and there isn't an already well opposed pairing to divide the base. So that's all win
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-28-2020 at 01:18 PM.

I mean in the animated movie universe, they're dating. Starfire is dealing with the Teen Titans and their own villains while Dick is at Bludhaven. So in a sense, both can have separate crime-fighting lives. They are keeping Dick and Kori in certain animated things. However, I also like Dick and Babs. However, the issue is also he will be close to Batman still. So it's damn if you do don't if you don't. Kori is far from Batman but the comic doesn't do well. Babs is doing well but close to batman. So maybe like someone said Powergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    While it hasn't appeared in any actual DC content, I about feel obligated (though not a fan by any means) to throw in the Damian and and Marinette thing that has really taken off in fanfics lately. Probably half the ones on I comes across on AO3 are that pairing. And I'm not even looking for Damian or Marinette.
    lol For the longest time I thought damian/mari was a Kingdom come inspired ship.
    Fans are imaginative. I don't watch the Series nor do i read the fics so not sure if there are themes or parallels in the ladybird Show [I think] that somehow led to Fans putting them together.

From what i've seen nothing of the worlds gel.
    Could it be because Robin is teen hero with a Bird name and Mari's hero name has bird in it? they both also have characters with 'Cat' secret identity.
    Damian has a cat with mostly Noir fur = Chat noir
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-29-2020 at 05:32 AM.

No bird in that name. The show is called Miraculous and the character is called Ladybug.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean in the animated movie universe, they're dating. Starfire is dealing with the Teen Titans and their own villains while Dick is at Bludhaven. So in a sense, both can have separate crime-fighting lives. They are keeping Dick and Kori in certain animated things. However, I also like Dick and Babs. However, the issue is also he will be close to Batman still. So it's damn if you do don't if you don't. Kori is far from Batman but the comic doesn't do well. Babs is doing well but close to batman. So maybe like someone said Powergirl.
    Adding a super powered character that fans already ship Dick with in fanon is just chucking petrol on a fire to put it out

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No bird in that name. The show is called Miraculous and the character is called Ladybug.
    Oops my bad. I thought her hero id was Ladybird but yep it's a ladybug and she even wears a ladybug in the art I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    lol For the longest time I thought damian/mari was a Kingdom come inspired ship.
    Fans are imaginative. I don't watch the Series nor do i read the fics so not sure if there are themes or parallels in the ladybird Show [I think] that somehow led to Fans putting them together.

Could it be because Robin is teen hero with a Bird name and Mari's hero name has bird in it? they both also have characters with 'Cat' secret identity.
    Damian has a cat with mostly Noir fur = cat noir
    Well, Digifiend already corrected the character and show names.

As for "why", only thing I can come up with is that Marinette (Laybug's secret identity) is of a similar age to Damian. I will say though, if Selina ever met Cat Noir, she'd demand compensation for basically using her costume.

I think Marvel's Felicia Hardy would want words too, as Cat Noir means Black Cat.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Damian has a cat with mostly Noir fur = cat noir
    If you use noir, better use Chat instead of Cat, to be fully french

Extraordinary Member

I'm sure TT has it's own editorial office. It's not under the Bat Office.

Wonder why the Bat office is opposed to such relationships?
    I mean if it's doing well with the fanbase then what's the issue?
    Dick and Babs, Bruce and Selina, Tim and Steph. Are they trying to restrict it to Batverse characters?
    Their powers don't have to affect the stories.
    I’ve been here for a while and you have too and this is a beat we hit every year. Super-powered folks can visit but they can’t stay. Storylines like city of bane don’t work with starfire Artemis or Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I’ve been here for a while and you have too and this is a beat we hit every year. Super-powered folks can visit but they can’t stay. Storylines like city of bane don’t work with starfire Artemis or Superman
    Damian had powers for a bit and bruce let him stay. Gotham Girl got to stay and live with Bruce

Anyway Nightwing doesn't live in Gotham. Kori has a job and a team so she's too busy. Just because she's dating Dick doesn't mean she has to join the family business. They don't have to use her in stories, Her job is a valid explanation for her not getting involved.

City of Bane, the mayor and Bane holding Alfred hostage kept heroes and family out of the story not batman's flexible no metas in Gotham rule.
    He can date her without affecting the plot.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-29-2020 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    If you use noir, better use Chat instead of Cat, to be fully french
    Nice.

Edited now fully french

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I guess the bottom line comes 1st.
    Honestly, i don't see how Dick dating Star means she has to be involved in Blud or Batfamily duties in Gotham.
    She's got her own team and her own responsibilities. they both appear in different comics meaning that Nightwing readers, for example, can still get a title focused on him doing his thing but coming home to her [when she's not off world]

Jason already works with Arty, his series is street level and there isn't an already well-opposed pairing to divide the base. So that's all win
    True, but I think DC is just stuck on the branding. If they see a status quo or dynamic they like they want to keep that image. We're talking about longtime fans working on longtime works that inspired them. They're as stubborn as any old fandom.

As for Jason, the concept of Outlaws didn't start as street level. It's most likely inspired by the Countdown team of Donna and Kyle, a dimensional-hopping story that Didio really likes. I can see him wanting that concept to carry over to his New 52 universe. This time with Roy and Kori. Their adventures were also more like Titans than UTRH, fighting Blackfire, metahumans, and immortals, then teaming up with Teen Titans.

Speaking of Titans, Didio wanted Jason to be Nightwing way back in Infinite Crisis, and a lot of his plans that he wrote back then, like separating Lois and Clark, happened in New 52. So I can see Countdown and Outlaws series as a fulfillment of his initial wish of making Jason Nightwing and work with his friends.

In Rebirth, they're now street level because Johns' Rebirth concept is to bring back every character to their most recognizable elements. In the case of Jason, it's UTRH, which is street level, darker, no space adventure, and has Black Mask. I guess he likes the Outlaws concept but brings Artemis and Bizarro to replace Kori and Roy, who are more recognizable to wider audience in Titans.

Bringing Kori and Dick back, creating a new concept of them being together in Bludhaven, is not impossible, but someone needs to want to do it first. Otherwise, DC's just gonna go with what's work.

Extraordinary Member

Damian had powers for a bit and bruce let him stay. Gotham Girl got to stay and live with Bruce

Anyway Nightwing doesn't live in Gotham. Kori has a job and a team so she's too busy. Just because she's dating Dick doesn't mean she has to join the family business. They don't have to use her in stories, Her job is a valid explanation for her not getting involved.

City of Bane, the mayor and Bane holding Alfred hostage kept heroes and family out of the story not batman's flexible no metas in Gotham rule.
    He can date her without affecting the plot.
    Was he suppose to kick out his 10 year old so ? And it was played for laughs he rounded up all the bad guys he could in a afternoon to prove the point

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Was he suppose to kick out his 10 year old son?
    Why not? Alfred did XD