Page 107 of 313 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 4692
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    A guy even presented WB or DC with an animated Super Sons/Super Family series. A family friendly kind of series, but was flat out rejected (some sample images are floating around here and there).
    .....what the heck is DC's problem with family-themed superhero content?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Man I miss these two. So much! Hurry up and kill the Ric nonsense, DC. Damian needs his dad back!
    It doesn't list Damian specifically, but I'm afraid it's not unlikely that Dick is going to fight him in Nightwing #73 because Dick is under mind control:

NIGHTWING #73
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by RONAN CLIQUET
    cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    variant cover by ALAN QUAH
    The Joker knows Dick Grayson is Nightwing—and the plans The Joker has set in motion in this summer’s event “Joker War” will haunt Batman forever. Under the control of The Joker’s new henchperson, Punchline, Nightwing must battle the people he once loved most: Batgirl, the Robins, and…himself.

So Dick isn't really Ric anymore, but that doesn't stop DC from doing nonsense with him.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 04-06-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    It doesn't list Damian specifically, but I'm afraid it's not unlikely that Dick is going to fight him in Nightwing #73 because Dick is under mind control:

NIGHTWING #73
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by RONAN CLIQUET
    cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    variant cover by ALAN QUAH
    The Joker knows Dick Grayson is Nightwing—and the plans The Joker has set in motion in this summer’s event “Joker War” will haunt Batman forever. Under the control of The Joker’s new henchperson, Punchline, Nightwing must battle the people he once loved most: Batgirl, the Robins, and…himself.

So Dick isn't really Ric anymore, but that doesn't stop DC from doing nonsense with him.
    Hmm on the same month and the same day teen titans solicitation said that Damian will take some revenge to KGBeast, and I think we've already discussed about how strange that Damian choose to take revenge so long after Ric shenanigans happened. Is it a coincidence or both of the issues are related? So probably what happened in Nightwing #73 is Damian's trigger to attack KGBeast? Like for example he almost kills Dick or Dick almost kills him. That's enough to make Damian snaps. After field trip to hell and recall his memories in hell, then Djinn war and probably one of his teammate doesn't make it back, then his confrontation with his father, the last thing he needs next is his beloved big brother attacks him.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-07-2020 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Hmm on the same month and the same day teen titans solicitation said that Damian will take some revenge to KGBeast, and I think we've already discussed about how strange that Damian choose to take revenge so long after Ric shenanigans happened. Is it a coincidence or both of the issues are related? So probably what happened in Nightwing #73 is Damian's trigger to attack KGBeast? Like for example he almost kills Dick or Dick almost kills him. That's enough to make Damian snaps. After field trip to hell and recall his memories in hell, then Djinn war and probably one of his teammate doesn't make it back, then his confrontation with his father, the last thing he needs next is his beloved big brother attacks him.
    Maybe those issues establish the ground for Damian's new self... What I think it could be a possibility is that the confrontation with the Batman will go extremely wrong. They will be further apart and this, combined with Nightwing #73, will set him free from all of the boundaries the Batfam and the Al Ghul house has set. He denies the Al Ghuls because he knows they are villains and he denies the Batfam because he thinks they are inefficient. So I think this is why he took that much to act on his revengful ways.

So a whole new person will be created, the classic antihero with the extremely controversial moral system etc. and that's how we will enjoy our trip to the 666 and/or LOH's Damian...
    As dietrich said... We have to make peace with the fact that we love an anti-hero/ borderline (baby) villain on the making....

I don't believe the April TT solicit is accurate. Was probably setting up 5G, but now that's on hold and TT's current run will be continuing. Nobody dies and Damian remains as Robin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't believe the April TT solicit is accurate. Was probably setting up 5G, but now that's on hold and TT's current run will be continuing. Nobody dies and Damian remains as Robin.
    I am kind of thinking that too. Because if you look at the variant cover for Teen Titans in April the entire cast of the book is on the cover. I feel like 5Gs was Didio baby and now that he is gone no one cares about 5Gs. I mean April solicitations are out and there is not sign of that series anywhere. Also no one at DC can even say what exactly 5G is. I said series but is it a series of books? Is it a one shot like DC Rebirth? Does it just affect Justice League members? Where are the so called replacements like Luke Fox I haven't seen him in a book in years at this point. I really don't think 5G is happening anymore. Which I am fine with I am reading a lot of series I was interested in and like to see were they go.

So far I recommend Freedom Fighters by Robert Venditti. I also really enjoyed Crimes of Passion. Also planning on catching up with Red Hood and the Outlaws, Green Lantern, Dectective Comics, and Nightwing. Also going to check out Robert Venditti's Hawkman series. Venditti to me is a really underrated writer he writes really well and I enjoyed his world building in Freedom Fighters. He takes what Morrison established in Muitversity and builds on it. If you like Multiversity and wanted a squeal to what happens in the Earth X story give Freedom Fighters a read.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maya, no! NOOOO!

Extraordinary Member

Maya, no! NOOOO!
    Tell me it’s not true

Maya, no! NOOOO!
    lol. Good one

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tell me it’s not true
    Digifiend confirmed it. We shall hold services.

On this day, we remember Nobody. Nobody is being put to rest now. RIP, Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    Maybe those issues establish the ground for Damian's new self... What I think it could be a possibility is that the confrontation with the Batman will go extremely wrong. They will be further apart and this, combined with Nightwing #73, will set him free from all of the boundaries the Batfam and the Al Ghul house has set. He denies the Al Ghuls because he knows they are villains and he denies the Batfam because he thinks they are inefficient. So I think this is why he took that much to act on his revengful ways.

So a whole new person will be created, the classic antihero with the extremely controversial moral system etc. and that's how we will enjoy our trip to the 666 and/or LOH's Damian...
    As dietrich said... We have to make peace with the fact that we love an anti-hero/ borderline (baby) villain on the making....
    I will be honest here, Damian wanting to become a hero despite being raised to be a villain and proving that you can achieve that goal in DC got me interested in the character, so turning him into a version of Morrison's Red Hood (or something along those lines) would probably kill my interest. So no, I'm not going to make my peace with that, I'm simply going to stop buying and reading his character.

I also have a problem with "he breaks with Batman because his methods are ineffective" not because he doesn't have a point, but because we all know no matter what Damian does, he's not going to improve anything by choosing a different path. Crime isn't allowed to improve in Gotham and especially not because of something a character other than Bruce did. No matter what Damian does, he's going to fail and he's going to look bad while doing it.

Man, what have I started... nice joke, but of course you know I meant nobody, not Nobody. Maya's not even in the book. Only reason it was capitalised is because it was at the start of a sentence.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I am kind of thinking that too. Because if you look at the variant cover for Teen Titans in April the entire cast of the book is on the cover. I feel like 5Gs was Didio baby and now that he is gone no one cares about 5Gs. I mean April solicitations are out and there is not sign of that series anywhere. Also no one at DC can even say what exactly 5G is. I said series but is it a series of books? Is it a one shot like DC Rebirth? Does it just affect Justice League members? Where are the so called replacements like Luke Fox I haven't seen him in a book in years at this point. I really don't think 5G is happening anymore. Which I am fine with I am reading a lot of series I was interested in and like to see were they go.

So far I recommend Freedom Fighters by Robert Venditti. I also really enjoyed Crimes of Passion. Also planning on catching up with Red Hood and the Outlaws, Green Lantern, Dectective Comics, and Nightwing. Also going to check out Robert Venditti's Hawkman series. Venditti to me is a really underrated writer he writes really well and I enjoyed his world building in Freedom Fighters. He takes what Morrison established in Muitversity and builds on it. If you like Multiversity and wanted a squeal to what happens in the Earth X story give Freedom Fighters a read.
    According to bleedingcool DC hasn't told their writers and artists to hold production yet, editorial wants to use the "break" to get late titles back on time or to get ahead on other books.
    Some Black Label and 5G creators have apparently been told to cease production now though.
    So maybe they'll use this unusual situation to kill 5G for good.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    .....what the heck is DC's problem with family-themed superhero content?
    Oh, that one they actually like, WB said they actually like the fun Superfamily Super Sons idea, but the reason they rejected it was, I believe because it's not in line with the animated universe they currently have. The one that originally based on New 52
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-07-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

I never been with the whole idea that DC is against family content like a Supersons animated show. In fact, with shows like DC Superhero Girls being so successful both in children's comics and as a television show Supersons would be perfect for a young boys demographic. Don't get me wrong DC Superhero Girls is very well written and you can tell was written by comic book fans due to all the references in it to the larger DC Universe. But I think Supersons would be a great animated series also.

The only reason I think it hasn't happened yet is because executives and marketers at DC probably already think the majority of their products and properties appeal to young boys. Therefore, there is no need for them to make a Supersons show. Over the years there has been more of a focus on getting girls and young women interested in comic book properties. But the things these executives don't understand is that little girls love Robin and Superboy just as much as little boys. In fact, I have seen more girls on Twitter asking for Supersons to come back as a comic than boys. If its quality fans regardless will often watch or read it. Perfect example Wonder Woman as maintained popular because little girls and boys brought he comic for over 80 years. In fact, in the 1940s more boys were reading Wonder Woman than girls.