Page 110 of 313 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    That overside batman hood is soooooo cute on him ��
    Can I ask something irrelevant? Do you think the pandemic will push all the dates further? E.g. of JLD:AW or generally of the comics'
    Physical copies may end up having problems being distributed, but otherwise, it really shouldn't be affected much.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Physical copies may end up having problems being distributed, but otherwise, it really shouldn't be affected much.
    and translations in other languages could also be a problem at the moment...

Not really. That can be done from home. And Europe doesn't have the same distribution problems the US does.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

well in my country this whole culture isn't popular anyway.. We literally have no comics, or we have SOME of the comics and in english. Definitely, if you want to keep up with the stories monthly, you have only internet.. So I didn't know how the pandemic would affect those who publish them ...
    In other news... Pattison's Batman will reportedly get married and have a child with Catwoman. I guess this is the official and main direction we will follow... This paranoia is starting to make an appearance in every media...
    Last edited by Yennefer; 04-13-2020 at 03:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not really. That can be done from home. And Europe doesn't have the same distribution problems the US does.
    Getting floppies in Europe (or at least in my country) is in general a problem.
    Real comic book stores are super rare, while some new stands may have some, they are hardly a reliable source, for the most part it is easier to stick to TPBs.

I think most series are not even published as floppies and go directly to TPB, and for some series even only published as double sized TPBs that contain roughly 2 US TPBs.

Translated comics anyway lack behind a few month, I think the most recent translated issue of Batman that came out here is Batman #78.

well in my country this whole culture isn't popular anyway.. We literally have no comics, or we have SOME of the comics and in english. Definitely, if you want to keep up with the stories monthly, you have only internet.. So I didn't know how the pandemic would affect those who publish them ...
    In other news... Pattison's Batman will reportedly get married and have a child with Catwoman. I guess this is the official and main direction we will follow... This paranoia is starting to make an appearance in every media...
    In fairness Catwoman does have a kid with Bruce and they were married.
    Helena was even in that Birds of Prey TV Show.

Helena was here before Damian.

I was hoping for Dick Grayson since they had rumoured that Robin was going to be in it.

I guess that means that the Robins aren't going to be in any of the movies that follow on from this universe. Can't see Bruce scoping out The Flying Grayson's for a kid to recruit and dress up when he already has one alive at home along with a full grown adult sidekick.

Hopefully the Nightwing movie is still in the works.

DC isn't known for following Official direction. Batman retired in his the last movie. He just up and left while still having many good years in him. He just choose to walk away and not even micro manage. That's pretty much the opposite of Bruce Wayne in the comics.

Rumours are rumours and this latest doesn't make much sense when you sit back and consider it. It's got so many Cons and very few Pros.

Edit speaking of direction:
    this isn't Damian related but Anyone here who can should check out Gotham high. Bruce gets the Ian Wayne treatment but much worse. It's worth the read while in isolation and it's unintentionally funny

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Getting floppies in Europe (or at least in my country) is in general a problem.
    Real comic book stores are super rare, while some new stands may have some, they are hardly a reliable source, for the most part it is easier to stick to TPBs.

I think most series are not even published as floppies and go directly to TPB, and for some series even only published as double sized TPBs that contain roughly 2 US TPBs.

Translated comics anyway lack behind a few month, I think the most recent translated issue of Batman that came out here is Batman #78.
    I guess it depends where in Europe. Where I am depend's on the city. Comic shops are located in the most cosmopolitan cities.

Comics are still fairly niche/new culture in Europe [England is the exception] compared to the USA and Asia

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Helena was here before Damian.

I was hoping for Dick Grayson since they had rumoured that Robin was going to be in it.

I guess that means that the Robins aren't going to be in any of the movies that follow on from this universe. Can't see Bruce scoping out The Flying Grayson's for a kid to recruit and dress up when he already has one alive at home along with a full grown adult sidekick.

Hopefully the Nightwing movie is still in the works.

DC isn't known for following Official direction. Batman retired in his the last movie. He just up and left while still having many good years in him. He just choose to walk away and not even micro manage. That's pretty much the opposite of Bruce Wayne in the comics.

Rumours are rumours and this latest doesn't make much sense when you sit back and consider it. It's got so many Cons and very few Pros.

this isn't Damian related but Anyone here who can should check out Gotham high. Bruce gets the Ian Wayne treatment but much worse. It's worth the read while in isolation and it's unintentionally funny

when I say official direction I mean canon. What I meant is that this baby is appearing more and more in many media, perhaps because they want us to prepare us for another huge and permanent change of Batman's status quo. I don't know if it happened again... But this pairing and this pregnancy is literally everywhere at this moment.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Helena was here before Damian.[/SIZE]
    Speaking of Helena a.k.a Huntress, what is her origin in Birds of Prey TV show? Because not long ago I stumbled upon Bird of Prey song video by coincidence and.......traumused (traumatized + amused). I have no idea how it can be aired on TV. Helena is not Batman and Catwoman's daughter on that show, right?
    Oh, found Batboys version of it later did not help my mental health at all. Poor Bruce...

I haven't read it, but did Bruce lose all of his broodiness, like Ian Wayne? If it is, then what a shame. That's the most charming aspect of Wayne genes, IMO.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-13-2020 at 06:01 AM.

I am still searching this monstrosity online..... But I can't find it.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

when I say official direction I mean canon. What I meant is that this baby is appearing more and more in many media, perhaps because they want us to prepare us for another huge and permanent change of Batman's status quo. I don't know if it happened again... But this pairing and this pregnancy is literally everywhere at this moment.
    Batman's daughter is mentioned at Doomsday Clock as part of 5G and she will save Batman's son(which one?). So I think it's only matter of time for Helena to appear on main canon. Even though I don't know how DC will handle Helena's age gap with the rest of Batkids.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Batman's daughter is mentioned at Doomsday Clock as part of 5G and she will save Batman's son(which one?). So I think it's only matter of time for Helena to appear on main canon. Even though I don't know how DC will handle Helena's age gap with the rest of Batkids.
    Well, it could be Earth2 Helena, whom actually got along pretty well with Damian (once he found out who she was).

Extraordinary Member

I guess it depends where in Europe. Where I am depend's on the city. Comic shops are located in the most cosmopolitan cities.
    Maybe but finding one and getting there, is still often not that easy.

Comics are still fairly niche/new culture in Europe [England is the exception] compared to the USA and Asia
    France and Belgium have afaik their own comic tradition, most other countries not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Even though I don't know how DC will handle Helena's age gap with the rest of Batkids.
    And Bruce as a baby - dad (And Selina as a baby - mom)... Unless they do a dramatic time pass it is an issue... (or make something like what happened to Jon Kent happen ?). If DC has a problem with showing families, then how is it possible to have baby scenes? And wouldn't it be awkward for this baby to be all the time off - screen?
    Many people say that something will happen (the lost daughter etc) ... And this will be another thing that will make Bruce even broodier (inovation... "wow").
    Either way I am not sure it will be good.

Extraordinary Member

It is literally no where, comics are currently dead, thier is not current animation or live action depicting this