Page 111 of 313 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 4692
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    I am still searching this monstrosity online..... But I can't find it.
    What monstrosity are you talking about? If you mean Gotham High online, I also don't know.
    But if you means Bird of Prey song, here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMnJNjo2SGg

And Robins version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDyN6zL6Ylk

Let's suffer together muahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Getting floppies in Europe (or at least in my country) is in general a problem.
    Real comic book stores are super rare, while some new stands may have some, they are hardly a reliable source, for the most part it is easier to stick to TPBs.

I think most series are not even published as floppies and go directly to TPB, and for some series even only published as double sized TPBs that contain roughly 2 US TPBs.

Translated comics anyway lack behind a few month, I think the most recent translated issue of Batman that came out here is Batman #78.
    I'm not referring to US import floppies. British comics (2000AD, Beano) are still coming out weekly. Panini's reprints are also still coming out every month. I would imagine the same applies for translated comics in mainland Europe. It's only US comics that are being crippled by the Coronavirus.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    And Bruce as a baby - dad (And Selina as a baby - mom)... Unless they do a dramatic time pass it is an issue... (or make something like what happened to Jon Kent happen ?). If DC has a problem with showing families, then how is it possible to have baby scenes? And wouldn't it be awkward for this baby to be all the time off - screen?
    Many people say that something will happen (the lost daughter etc) ... And this will be another thing that will make Bruce even broodier (inovation... "wow").
    Either way I am not sure it will be good.
    DC does have a problem showing families which is why so far regardless of all babies only one hero has a kid who is a minor and he is the outlier that's Damian.
    Jon got aged up because Bendis wasn't interested in Jon doing chores [as he put it] and DC wasn't happy about the focus on family
    Bruce isn't a family man
    Helena always comes at the expense of Selina and Bruce. Her story requires them to die. At least all the stories where we have followed Helena as Huntress or Batwoman have required her folks to die giving her the spotlight.

Regardless of the rumours DC is very much still the same.

Doomsday Clock we already know it's Earth 2 Huntress who has a relationship with Damian and who was also promoted as returning.

Earth 2 is coming back.

Tom King's Catwoman isn't canon and fans should know by now that King is a hype man.
    The two weddings that turned into Bane manipulation to wed in our hearts should be enough to let us know that what he advertises is never what we end up with.

King's Catwoman is about as indicative of official direction as Teen Titans GO
    The Reeves movie rumour I also doubt not just because it makes no narrative sense but because he would be copying Nolan

I don't think you should think too much about the rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm not referring to US import floppies. British comics (2000AD, Beano) are still coming out weekly. Panini's reprints are also still coming out every month. I would imagine the same applies for translated comics in mainland Europe. It's only US comics that are being crippled by the Coronavirus.
    I thought your avatar looked familiar. It is from the Beano right. My dad used to bring back those comics when I was little. There was a another character called Piehead in their book as well if I recall

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Speaking of Helena a.k.a Huntress, what is her origin in Birds of Prey TV show? Because not long ago I stumbled upon Bird of Prey song video by coincidence and.......traumused (traumatized + amused). I have no idea how it can be aired on TV. Helena is not Batman and Catwoman's daughter on that show, right?
    Oh, found Batboys version of it later did not help my mental health at all. Poor Bruce...

I haven't read it, but did Bruce lose all of his broodiness, like Ian Wayne? If it is, then what a shame. That's the most charming aspect of Wayne genes, IMO.
    That programme was abominable. So bad. Helena was Bruce's kid in the live action version but we never got to see her folks. It's just mentioned in passing.

The Birds of prey animated huntress isn't Wayne's child. I liked their song and that show. On that show Brave and the Bold. Damian is Selina's son which is trippy.

spoilers:
    Gotham High has extra pouty Bruce B' dub Wayne and his best bud Jack Joker Napier pinning over Selina . Fighting over her. She dating both of them.Being used by her and generally being led around by her till she dumps them both for Ivy.

This Bruce has a broody face but he's not broody he's a member of the Photography club, has the best parties, is openly love sick, campaign's for salads and has followers.
    He's bland as heck.

It's such ridiculous self insert fan fiction it's crazy. Dick is a doe eyed Black kid that Bruce saves.
    Alfred is Gay
    Martha is the the rich one and she's Asian
    Bruce is an offensive Asian Stereotype because the writer wanted to make him more relatable. pretty much saying in an interview that she made from Hong Kong because it was more believable.

It's implied that the reason Joker goes the bad is because selina broke his heart
    end of spoilers

It made me laugh so much.
    Joker and Bruce being members of the photography club and Joker calling Bruce 'B'dub' is the best thing.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-14-2020 at 06:10 AM.

Wow that is bad. Like bad fanfic bad. And not the funny crack fanfic bad either.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    That programme was abominable. So bad. Helena was Bruce's kid in the live action version but we never got to see her folks. It's just mentioned in passing.

The Birds of prey animated huntress isn't Wayne's child. I liked their song and that show. On that show Brave and the Bold. Damian is Selina's son which is trippy.
    Wow, there is an universe when Damian is Selina's son. I just knew that. I once found a fanfic which basically tell that Damian is actually Selina's son because both of them have green eyes, and Talia stole Damian's fetus from Bruce's true love woman's body. I felt like Damian will be extremely OOC on that fic, so I didn't open it. Nice for the author of the fic that their imagination is not completely impossible.

spoilers:
    Gotham High has extra pouty Bruce B' dub Wayne and his best bud Jack Joker Napier pinning over Selina . Fighting over her. She dating both of them.Being used by her and generally being led around by her till she dumps them both for Ivy.

This Bruce has a broody face but he's not broody he's a member of the Photography club, has the best parties, is openly love sick, campaign's for salads and has followers.
    He's bland as heck.

It's such ridiculous self insert fan fiction it's crazy. Dick is a doe eyed Black kid that Bruce saves.
    Alfred is Gay
    Bruce is an offensive Asian Stereotype because the writer wanted to make him more relatable. pretty much saying in an interview that she made from Hong Kong because it was more believable.

It's implied that the reason Joker goes the bad is because selina broke his heart
    end of spoilers

Joker and Bruce being members of the photography club and Joker calling Bruce 'B'dub' is the best thing.
    Yikes. I have a feeling that the book can physically hurt me, so hard pass. The word OOC can't even describe it. Honestly, why didn't they just create new characters for that book?
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-14-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wow that is bad. Like bad fanfic bad. And not the funny crack fanfic bad either.
    I know right. I don't get why DC makes decisions like this. This is not the way to appeal to Young Adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Wow, there is an universe when Damian is Selina's son. I just knew that. I once found a fanfic which basically tell that Damian is actually Selina's son because both of them have green eyes, and Talia stole Damian's fetus from Bruce's true love woman's body. I felt like Damian will be extremely OOC on that fic, so I didn't open it. Nice for the author of the fic that their imagination is not completely impossible.

Yikes. I have a feeling that the book can physically hurt me, so hard pass. The word OOC can't even describe it. Honestly, why didn't they just create new characters for that book?

yeah in that universe Damian appears twice.
    1st time he is Selina's kid who goes on to become Dick's Robin. Later it turns out to be Alfred writing fan fiction

Later he has another episode where he's grown up and is now Batman. In this one he isn't a figment of Alfred Imagination but I can't recall if we got his backstory.

The word is that DC approached a bunch of writers whose YA novels made it on to the newYork Best sellers list and aske them to choose which characters they would like to write.

The woman who wrote this said that she knew nothing about Batman and his mythos. So she took the bare bones she was told and wrote what she would like to read..

It's not fair on the characters to twist them like this.
    Anyone who gets into this Batman would not like the real deal.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-14-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I just checked the Panini site, it seems that in my country the only DC series that are published as floppies are Batman, TEC, Superman and Justice League (with one floppy containing two US floppies), everything else seems to be only published in trades.

Sofar it looks like the floppies are still published, but a lot of them are probably anyway going to news stands and subscribers.

spoilers:

He's bland as heck.

Alfred is Gay

end of spoilers

Oh so that’s what all the fuss is about, jeez I thought I’d been following Dc to the point where nothing could surprise me but that is something else lol. Well I guess I’m not the target audience, so sure why not, I guess..

Okay. This is fucking adorable XD

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Oh so that’s what all the fuss is about, jeez I thought I’d been following Dc to the point where nothing could surprise me but that is something else lol. Well I guess I’m not the target audience, so sure why not, I guess..
    It is baffling. I'm not sure who this is for or why it's out there. The characters are not recognisable. Joker is the only likeable one and the one the reader ends up rooting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Okay. This is fucking adorable XD
    This guy does so great video's

It is baffling. I'm not sure who this is for or why it's out there.
    Yeah, that's been my biggest question since this thing was first announced. Why has DC suddenly decided to market to fans of lame, cliche, early 2000s high school dramas? I keep hearing people complain about it being "another SJW ploy" (God I hate when that phrase is used, unironically) but aside from Alfred being gay, Dick being black, and Bruce and Martha being Asian...just because (which is the very least of this comic's problems), I'm not seeing much of that either. This is just a...very confusing, uninspired, and poorly written mess.
    Last edited by Blue22; 04-14-2020 at 06:30 PM.