Page 120 of 313 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I kind of like that look, just a capeless batsuit with a trench coat on is a surprisingly good look. Give it a brighter bat symbol on the chest and a good utility belt and were in business.
    Agreed. The simplicity make it work. Some hero looks eg Azbatsuit and 666 have the downside of looking too busy.

This looks like you can move, jump and kick in it

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    So with the isolation I got bored and finally finished City of Bane and I now reconsider Pennyworth RIP.

In Batman 83 it's made very clear that Alfred committed suicide to not be a hindrance rather to be a salvation. That was the reason why he lied to Bruce.

With this in mind I can understand Bruce not knowing what to say when Damian blamed himself [none of the others were privy to Alfred's suicide note so are unaware] How does he explain to them that Alfred choose to die?

Even worse Bruuce was onto Bane's plan even before City of Bane so he must be really blaming himself for his plan which allowed Bane to take over Gotham. [was part of the plan for Alfred to be taken hostage just like Bruce also planned for Damian to be taken hostage?]

Anyway reading Batman 83 it makes it harder to know how I feel about Bruce's silence.
    I kinda understand that the writers [Tomasi and Tynion] might not want to get entangled in King's messy and idiotic narrative of having Alfred commit suicide and then tell Bruce he did it for his sake [King just doesn't know anything about this subject or trauma writing and he should stay away from the area]

I'm conflicted now and not sure what to think of Bruce's action's. Damian isn't to blame and Bruce should make that clear but Bruce is still dealing with the knowledge that Alfred killed himself. That is a headfuck.

Bruce also wouldn't want the family to know that Alfred choose to leave them. That will have a heavy impact on all of them. I don't know how they deal with this going forward but I hope we get to see it dealt with.

Also what does this mean for 5g? If Alfred died so that Bruce as Batman could live on [Alfred knows that Batman saved Bruce from committing suicide aged 10 and believes he should continue]

What moves him to give up what Alfred gave his life for?
    First, I want to say that for me Bruce (or perhaps I should say King's Bruce) is completely at fault for Damian's traumatic experience. No matter if Alfred lied or not, he should not send his 13 years old son as sacrifice pawn when he enjoyed beach with Selina. I know his plan, sent Damian to Gotham, willingly became their hostage and let them bring him into manor, opened manor's defense from inside, and let the rest of Batfam enter the manor to subdue Flashpoint Batman. And I know he used Damian because he has blood relative with Thomas Wayne as his blood grandson so Thomas Wayne maybe will not kill him, but how can Batman be sure that Bane will not touch Damian? And how can he be sure that Thomas Wayne definitely will not kill Damian? I know that Batman's prediction is correct, Thomas Wayne couldn't kill Damian because he's "family", but still it's 50:50 chance, 60:40 at most. To gamble his son's life like that, it's a jerk move, even for him.

But that's King's shitty writing, now let's move to Pennyworth R.I.P.
    Damian blamed himself. Bruce said that there's no blame. And yes, he isn't to blame for Bruce's plan, and Alfred suicide note sealed the fact. But for me, Bruce, Batfam and we, are misunderstand. What EXACTLY Damian blamed himself for? For entered Gotham when Alfred was still on hostage, like Jason's said? I don't think so. Barbara said that Jason should know Damian isn't responsible for that. He just followed order from Bruce. So all Batfam know that. Damian know that too. Damian isn't pushover type, he will not willingly take blame and regret himself when he knows that he's not the one at fault. Him fired Kid Flash and refused to apologies shows that. Then why he still blames himself? The answer lied on this page.
    damiiii.jpg

"I should have been able to stop him. I should have been more."
    Now you see? He didn't blame himself for entering Gotham. He blamed himself because he DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WHEN BANE BROKE ALFRED'S NECK. HE WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ALFRED AND HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO STOP BANE'S HAND FOR BREAKING ALFRED'S NECK. Perhaps he thought 'I should have woken up earlier, I should have broken free from the chair and stop Bane's hand. I can free myself when I was hanged upside down why I didn't free myself on that time?". He SHOULD NOT blame himself for that of course, he's thirteen, waayy smaller than Bruce and Bane broke Bruce's back like a twig. There's no way he can defend Alfred from Bane, he probably will get killed and Bruce's plan will be failed. But still, this is Damian we're talking about, a kid who always think that he's as capable as any adult. No matter that he went because of Bruce's order, no matter that Alfred lied and he willingly let himself get killed, for Damian, the fact remain that he was in front of Alfred and he can't save him. And Bruce failed to catch that, which is ,unfortunately, in character for that damned emotionally constipated man.

Conclusion is, Damian is a mess. Bruce is a mess. Both of them can't talk properly with each other to save their lives (like Damian and Bruce "good talk" from Robin Anniversary). At this point we need the Wayne whisperer a.k.a Dick Grayson (I mean, he helped Bruce when he blamed himself over Damian's death and he helped Damian when he was worried of Bruce's life on Metal), but he's still on Ric mode. So that sucks.

As for 5G, perhaps DC want to recreate Bruce-Alfred partnership with Luke-Lucius. So my prediction is Bruce at some point just think that he can't be Batman without Alfred and Lucius as current 'Alfred' ask Luke to be Batman.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 05-10-2020 at 08:50 AM.

So with the isolation I got bored and finally finished City of Bane and I now reconsider Pennyworth RIP.

In Batman 83 it's made very clear that Alfred committed suicide to not be a hindrance rather to be a salvation. That was the reason why he lied to Bruce.

With this in mind I can understand Bruce not knowing what to say when Damian blamed himself [none of the others were privy to Alfred's suicide note so are unaware] How does he explain to them that Alfred choose to die?

Even worse Bruuce was onto Bane's plan even before City of Bane so he must be really blaming himself for his plan which allowed Bane to take over Gotham. [was part of the plan for Alfred to be taken hostage just like Bruce also planned for Damian to be taken hostage?]

Anyway reading Batman 83 it makes it harder to know how I feel about Bruce's silence.
    I kinda understand that the writers [Tomasi and Tynion] might not want to get entangled in King's messy and idiotic narrative of having Alfred commit suicide and then tell Bruce he did it for his sake [King just doesn't know anything about this subject or trauma writing and he should stay away from the area]

I'm conflicted now and not sure what to think of Bruce's action's. Damian isn't to blame and Bruce should make that clear but Bruce is still dealing with the knowledge that Alfred killed himself. That is a headfuck.

Bruce also wouldn't want the family to know that Alfred choose to leave them. That will have a heavy impact on all of them. I don't know how they deal with this going forward but I hope we get to see it dealt with.

Also what does this mean for 5g? If Alfred died so that Bruce as Batman could live on [Alfred knows that Batman saved Bruce from committing suicide aged 10 and believes he should continue]

What moves him to give up what Alfred gave his life for?
    I’m taking this only from the Damian stand point but him and Bruce’s relationship has been strained for a little while now. Clearly Bruce loves Damian as he went to Apokolips and back to revive him and we’ve seen cases where Damian cares about his Dad like in Metal, problem is they don’t talk out their issues or communicate.

Clearly since No Justice and the formation of Damian’s new Teen Titans that they been distant. They no longer agree about what is the best way to fight crime even though Damian still refuses to kill and they both use similar methods, mainly secret prisons under team bases. Not just that but there were definitely some issues lately concerning Deathstroke and how that has gotten to Damian. If anything the death of Alfred made it worse since they aren’t talking about how guilty Damian must fill for technically causing it on Bruce’s orders and the trauma he feels for bearing witness to it.

I want the annual to come out, not for them to fight but I think because it’s finally time these two have a serious talk about the problems they have right now.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    First, I want to say that for me Bruce (or perhaps I should say King's Bruce) is completely at fault for Damian's traumatic experience. No matter if Alfred lied or not, he should not send his 13 years old son as sacrifice pawn when he enjoyed beach with Selina. I know his plan, sent Damian to Gotham, willingly became their hostage and let them bring him into manor, opened manor's defense from inside, and let the rest of Batfam enter the manor to subdue Flashpoint Batman. And I know he used Damian because he has blood relative with Thomas Wayne as his blood grandson so Thomas Wayne maybe will not kill him, but how can Batman be sure that Bane will not touch Damian? And how can he be sure that Thomas Wayne definitely will not kill Damian? I know that Batman's prediction is correct, Thomas Wayne couldn't kill Damian because he's "family", but still it's 50:50 chance, 60:40 at most. To gamble his son's life like that, it's a jerk move, even for him.

But that's King's shitty writing, now let's move to Pennyworth R.I.P.
    Damian blamed himself. Bruce said that there's no blame. And yes, he isn't to blame for Bruce's plan, and Alfred suicide note sealed the fact. But for me, Bruce, Batfam and we, are misunderstand. What EXACTLY Damian blamed himself for? For entered Gotham when Alfred was still on hostage, like Jason's said? I don't think so. Barbara said that Jason should know Damian isn't responsible for that. He just followed order from Bruce. So all Batfam know that. Damian know that too. Damian isn't pushover type, he will not willingly take blame and regret himself when he knows that he's not the one at fault. Him fired Kid Flash and refused to apologies shows that. Then why he still blames himself? The answer lied on this page.
    damiiii.jpg

"I should have been able to stop him. I should have been more."
    Now you see? He didn't blame himself for entering Gotham. He blamed himself because he DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WHEN BANE BROKE ALFRED'S NECK. HE WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ALFRED AND HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO STOP BANE'S HAND FOR BREAKING ALFRED'S NECK. Perhaps he thought 'I should have woken up earlier, I should have broken free from the chair and stop Bane's hand. I can free myself when I was hanged upside down why I didn't free myself on that time?". He SHOULD NOT blame himself for that of course, he's thirteen, waayy smaller than Bruce and Bane broke Bruce's back like a twig. There's no way he can defend Alfred from Bane, he probably will get killed and Bruce's plan will be failed. But still, this is Damian we're talking about, a kid who always think that he's as capable as any adult. No matter that he went because of Bruce's order, no matter that Alfred lied and he willingly let himself get killed, for Damian, the fact remain that he was in front of Alfred and he can't save him. And Bruce failed to catch that, which is ,unfortunately, in character for that damned emotionally constipated man.

Conclusion is, Damian is a mess. Bruce is a mess. Both of them can't talk properly with each other to save their lives (like Damian and Bruce "good talk" from Robin Anniversary). At this point we need the Wayne whisperer a.k.a Dick Grayson (I mean, he helped Bruce when he blamed himself over Damian's death and he helped Damian when he was worried of Bruce's life on Metal), but he's still on Ric mode. So that sucks.

As for 5G, perhaps DC want to recreate Bruce-Alfred partnership with Luke-Lucius. So my prediction is Bruce at some point just think that he can't be Batman without Alfred and Lucius as current 'Alfred' ask Luke to be Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m taking this only from the Damian stand point but him and Bruce’s relationship has been strained for a little while now. Clearly Bruce loves Damian as he went to Apokolips and back to revive him and we’ve seen cases where Damian cares about his Dad like in Metal, problem is they don’t talk out their issues or communicate.

Clearly since No Justice and the formation of Damian’s new Teen Titans that they been distant. They no longer agree about what is the best way to fight crime even though Damian still refuses to kill and they both use similar methods, mainly secret prisons under team bases. Not just that but there were definitely some issues lately concerning Deathstroke and how that has gotten to Damian. If anything the death of Alfred made it worse since they aren’t talking about how guilty Damian must fill for technically causing it on Bruce’s orders and the trauma he feels for bearing witness to it.

I want the annual to come out, not for them to fight but I think because it’s finally time these two have a serious talk about the problems they have right now.
    Man these are two very written and well thought out analysis of the the current situation and what transpired.

Lightof Justice, I never even considered that Damian was blaming himself for not been able to take on Bane [a man who nearly killed Dick,Jason and Damian simultaneous] even while restrained as he was.
    I thought that he meant that like Jason he should have respected Bane and Thomas and not ventured in to the city as decreed. Complied with their wishes.

Poor Damian. This means that it will be even harder talking him around. Getting him to see sense will be an up hill battle.

They need The Sanctuary
    Or it needs to tie into what Sifighter said. That's the best case scenerio.

Bruce finally steps up and does some hands on parenting. Not just with Damian but Jason [another son he's broken and pushed away]

King's Batman run was about father's. I hope Bruce learnt from that. This is the time to turn ever thing around and make positive changes.

@lightofjustice you are right Dick Grayson is indeed the Waynewhisperer. Even in RIP he was the only one speaking sense even without his memories the guy was still onpoint and mediating.
    Scottsynder is correct Dick Grayson is the Dc's no 1 Emotional Detective

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Man these are two very written and well thought out analysis of the the current situation and what transpired.

Lightof Justice, I never even considered that Damian was blaming himself for not been able to take on Bane [a man who nearly killed Dick,Jason and Damian simultaneous] even while restrained as he was.
    I thought that he meant that like Jason he should have respected Bane and Thomas and not ventured in to the city as decreed. Complied with their wishes.

Poor Damian. This means that it will be even harder talking him around. Getting him to see sense will be an up hill battle.
    Up hill battle? That was understatement, considering how stubborn and how high he think of himself. I dare, literally any one who are not Dick Grayson, to say, "Damian, you are 13, no one expect you to take Bane down, when even your father failed to do that. Alfred's death is not your fault, you are helpless on that situation, it can't be helped. I'm sure Alfred also didn't want you to hurt yourself to save him." Clark, Ollie, or even Slade, do you want to take that challenge? XD XD

They need The Sanctuary
    Or it needs to tie into what Sifighter said. That's the best case scenerio.
    this is exactly why we need information of TT annual #2. Seriously there are so many unresolved problem between them,
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Considering how things seems to be moving at DC, I'm betting that Annual 2 has been scrapped and that issue 42 and following will be signifcantly different than what was hinted at first.
    so please don't, DC. I want them to have a talk after all.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 05-10-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yo this team would work but

Replace Kon with Jon replace Donna with Crush and beastboy with Red arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Scratch Crush (don't hate her or anything, however...), and put in Kathy or Maya.

Still not sold on Raven in this generation though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Scratch Crush (don't hate her or anything, however...), and put in Kathy or Maya.

Still not sold on Raven in this generation though.
    Since Damian is allowed to age, whereas Tim Drake and Beastboy are locked I don’t see why not. She dated Wally 2 who apparently is 15 soooooo.....

Also Kathy is loss to us no that Jon is almost 20

Since Damian is allowed to age, whereas Tim Drake and Beastboy are locked I don’t see why not. She dated Wally 2 who apparently is 15 soooooo.....

Also Kathy is loss to us no that Jon is almost 20
    Maya and Kathy are both good characters. I'd love to see both in a future Damian team. Jon's loss is Damian's opportunity. He should poach Kathy into his own supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Considering how things seems to be moving at DC, I'm betting that Annual 2 has been scrapped and that issue 42 and following will be signifcantly different than what was hinted at first.
    That annual has simply not yet been resolicited, nor have the issues of TT due originally in May and June. I don't think plans have changed due to Coronavirus - though June's solicit did indicate the plans for the annual had changed already anyway, as the annual cover says Damian is no longer Robin, yet in June he still is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That annual has simply not yet been resolicited, nor have the issues of TT due originally in May and June. I don't think plans have changed due to Coronavirus - though June's solicit did indicate the plans for the annual had changed already anyway, as the annual cover says Damian is no longer Robin, yet in June he still is.
    He does not have a tie in to the Joker War interestingly

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

3 from Dick's gen
    1 from Tim's gen
    1 from Damian's.

Yeah, part of the reason why I like the current incarnation of the TT right now. Good looking art though

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    3 from Dick's gen
    1 from Tim's gen
    1 from Damian's.

Yeah, part of the reason why I like the current incarnation of the TT right now. Good looking art though
    I
    Can’t stand roundhouse, beastboy can vanish, his brand locks him as a child and no one knows what to do with him.
    Arrow, Nobody and Damian are kind of redundant. I like Djinn before the whole love triangle BS

Just saw JlD AW and OH MY GOD that was hands down the best Dc animated movie to date.

It was BOMBASTIC.
    Far too good.
    They went all out.
    It was a dream. Darkseid v Trigon!
    Darkseid v Orm! Those are stuff that I would have never dreamed would ever happen.
    Damian with a Kryptonite sword!

The conclusion of Damian's story.
    Bruce was badass
    Jason Blood's soft spot and fondness for Damian was cute

so much epicness and insanity can't wait for what they have instore for us next

Damian and raven