Page 122 of 313 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    At first I thought that's Bruce with Damian, but from the bat-costume the Batman is Damian. Who will be his next Robin I wonder. Terry?

And can I complain about a CBR article on CBR community? Because I have SO MANY things to say about this article.
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-characters-de...xt-era-comics/
    Attachment 96621
    Attachment 96622

CBR just.... what the f**k? There are so many things wrong on that article.
    Opposing force to his father?
    Who he clearly resents in many ways???
    Both as an enemy and sidekick??????
    He's sure to be a threat that Batman will have to face again????????????

SINCE WHEN??????? WHO THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????? BECAUSE NO WAY YOU TALK ABOUT DAMIAN????
    The writer of this article clearly only know Injustice Damian. Damian is insanely loyal to Bruce, even Green Arrow told him about that on Metal event. He's maybe Batman's most loyal sidekick after Tim.
    I agree that he could define the next era in comics though. Hell, his existence gave Superman's creative board confidence to create Jon, the biological son of Superman. And Teen Titans annual #2 solicitation said "confrontation between father and son that will alter the very course of the DC Universe" (if they doesn't cancel it). Obviously he will be one of main force of DC's next era.
    CBR has a mixed bag of contributors so their articles are always hit and miss
    Last year there was an article on Dick and Damian where the writer was unaware of the Dickbats era. The article was all about how Metal managed to build the steps to Dick and Damian having a positive dynamic

At first I thought that's Bruce with Damian, but from the bat-costume the Batman is Damian. Who will be his next Robin I wonder. Terry?

And can I complain about a CBR article on CBR community? Because I have SO MANY things to say about this article.
    Attachment 96621
    Attachment 96622

SINCE WHEN??????? WHO THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????? BECAUSE NO WAY YOU TALK ABOUT DAMIAN????
    The writer of this article clearly only know Injustice Damian. Damian is insanely loyal to Bruce, even Green Arrow told him about that on Metal event. He's maybe Batman's most loyal sidekick after Tim.
    I agree that he could define the next era in comics though. Hell, his existence gave Superman's creative board confidence to create Jon, the biological son of Superman. And Teen Titans annual #2 solicitation said "confrontation between father and son that will alter the very course of the DC Universe" (if they doesn't cancel it). Obviously he will be one of main force of DC's next era.
    I agree wholeheartedly that that article is just plain wrong, the amount of times Damian has chosen to be loyal to Bruce no matter what is overwhelming. I can't even think of a main universe story where Damian turned against Bruce for real, not counting the current TT run. And even then it's not like he's actively fighting Bruce there.

But I'm not sure if the annual will even come out at this point. We have release dates for 41, 42 and 43, but not for the annual. Annuals for other books have release dates. With bleedingcool reporting that 5G is dead and Lee saying some time ago that they weren't planning to replace the big heroes, do a timeskip or a full reboot I wouldn't be suprised if the extra time they got because of the lockdown was used to make changes to the story to fit with new plans for the future.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

DCEASED: DEAD PLANET #2
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by TREVOR HAIRSINE and GIGI BALDASSINI
    cover by DAVID FINCH
    card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    card stock movie homage variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    The sequel to the bestselling miniseries continues! The Justice League is trapped on Earth, and they’ve discovered that life still survives on this dead planet! Survival is precarious, though—and with billions of infected still roaming the surface, death lies around every corner. But it isn’t just the anti-living our heroes have to worry about, because John Constantine, Swamp Thing, and Zatanna are about to discover another evil growing...
    ON SALE 08.04.20
    $3.99 US | 2 OF 6 | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $4.99 US
    This issue will ship with three covers.

SUPER SONS BOOK THREE: ESCAPE TO LANDIS TP
    written by RIDLEY PEARSON
    art and cover by ILE GONZALEZ
    Finishing the thrilling adventure that began in The PolarShield Project, a mysterious new foe plans to release a deadly virus, launching the sons of the world’s two greatest superheroes on their biggest mission yet!
    With the news of the Four Fingers taking refuge in the land of Landis, Batkid, Superboy, and Tilly begin their journey to stop the deadly virus from being unleashed onto the world. Meanwhile, Candace has found her way to Landis and is taken underground to a group of people who still believe her to be the true queen of Landis. Our team is reunited in an action-packed adventure through the desert of Landis, an unknown territory filled with unknown dangers!
    New York Times bestselling author Ridley Pearson (Kingdom Keepers) and artist Ile Gonzalez bring the epic conclusion to a story three books in the making. Don’t miss the Super Sons of Superman and Batman as they spring into action on what might be their final mission!
    ON SALE 09.29.20
    $9.99 US | FC | 5.5” x 8”
    160 PAGES
    DC GRAPHIC NOVELS FOR KIDS
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8641-5

BATMAN BEYOND #46
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by SEAN CHEN
    cover by DAN MORA
    variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Mr. Zero’s plan is a success as weather around the world gets worse and a new ice age begins! Gotham is covered in a mountain of snow and ice—and the rest of the world isn’t much better. To set things right, Batman, Damian, and Batwoman Beyond must declare war on the League of Assassins !
    ON SALE 08.25.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 05-15-2020 at 01:02 PM.

TEEN TITANS #44
    written by ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by JAVIER FERNANDEZ
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    In this issue, Crush, Roundhouse, Kid Flash, and Red Arrow chase down Robin, who’s on the hunt for villains he thinks must pay the ultimate price for their crimes. With Batman also on the case, can the Teen Titans get to Damian Wayne before his father does?
    ON SALE 08.18.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC

TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #2
    written by ADAM GLASS and ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    After Batman discovers the Teen Titans’ most shocking secrets, he arrives at Mercy Hall…and he wants a word with Robin. Don’t miss the confrontation between father and son that will alter the very course of the DC Universe. Will the Teen Titans ever be the same?
    RESOLICIT | ON SALE 08.25.20
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue is resolicited. All previous orders are canceled.

ROBIN: 80 YEARS OF THE BOY WONDER HC
    stories and art by VARIOUS
    cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    Over eight decades, Batman’s crime-fighting partner has become nearly as recognizable a pop culture icon as the Dark Knight himself—and this collection celebrates the many incarnations of comics’ greatest sidekick! From Dick Grayson’s debut to the dark side of Jason Todd, the dawn of Tim Drake, and the debut of Damian Wayne, experience pivotal Robin moments throughout history! Collects stories from Batman #368, #410, #411, and #466; Detective Comics #38, #165, #394-395, #535, and #796; Robin #25-26; The Batman Chronicles: The Gauntlet #1; Star Spangled Comics #65 and #124; Teen Titans #14; and Batman and Robin #0.
    ON SALE 09.01.20
    $29.99 US | 416 PAGES | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-721-1

SUPER SONS OMNIBUS HC EXPANDED EDITION
    written by PETER J. TOMASI and others
    art by PATRICK GLEASON, JORGE JIMENEZ, ALISSON BORGES, TYLER KIRKHAM, CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO, CARLO BARBERI, SCOTT GODLEWSKI and others
    cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    All adventures of the Super Sons are collected in this new, expanded version of the omnibus hardcover! These stories first put them on a collision course with Lex Luthor and introduce Kid Amazon before bringing the Teen Titans into the picture! Then, the young duo blast into space, where they become targets of the Gang—and they’ll have to face a galactic juvenile detention center and a wild West planet before they find their way home again! Collects Superman #10-11, Superman #37-38, Teen Titans #15, Super Sons #1-16, a tale from DC Rebirth Holiday Special #1, Super Sons Annual #1, Super Sons/Dynomutt Special #3, and Adventures of the Super Sons #1-12.
    ON SALE 11.04.20
    $99.99 US | 888 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-177950666-5

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

TEEN TITANS #44
    art by JAVIER FERNANDEZ
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    In this issue, Crush, Roundhouse, Kid Flash, and Red Arrow chase down Robin, who’s on the hunt for villains he thinks must pay the ultimate price for their crimes. With Batman also on the case, can the Teen Titans get to Damian Wayne before his father does?
    ON SALE 08.18.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC

TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #2
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    After Batman discovers the Teen Titans’ most shocking secrets, he arrives at Mercy Hall…and he wants a word with Robin. Don’t miss the confrontation between father and son that will alter the very course of the DC Universe. Will the Teen Titans ever be the same?
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | DC

ROBIN: 80 YEARS OF THE BOY WONDER HC
    stories and art by VARIOUS
    cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    Over eight decades, Batman’s crime-fighting partner has become nearly as recognizable a pop culture icon as the Dark Knight himself—and this collection celebrates the many incarnations of comics’ greatest sidekick! From Dick Grayson’s debut to the dark side of Jason Todd, the dawn of Tim Drake, and the debut of Damian Wayne, experience pivotal Robin moments throughout history! Collects stories from Batman #368, #410, #411, and #466; Detective Comics #38, #165, #394-395, #535, and #796; Robin #25-26; The Batman Chronicles: The Gauntlet #1; Star Spangled Comics #65 and #124; Teen Titans #14; and Batman and Robin #0.
    ON SALE 09.01.20
    $29.99 US | 416 PAGES | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-721-1
    My current theory is that Damian is going too temporarily snap due to a mix of Jokerized Ric and Djinn's death? or her being permanently trapped in Hell? The other members of the team lasting without Damian for 5 issues. and him relaunching a new team with Issue 50

I suspect he will be back to his heroic self by the end of Joker War.

Attachment 96621
    Attachment 96622

Damian and Dick are the most loyal. To a fault I think and far too many times even at a personal/great cost.
    Tim in Rebirth alone [SS, Tec and Deathstroke] has been not just disloyal but an enemy and a threat to Batman.
    Honestly they all are very loyal to Bruce.

Damian I can think of two occasions when he disloyal Injustice 1

Damian in Injustice did initially side with the regime because he saw the hypocrisy in Batman's methods [even called him out on it]

Later becoming opposed to The Regime as they became less about creating a safer better world for the innocent law abiding civilians through the application of harsher at times permanent solutions to offenders.

By Injustice 2 while he refuses to return home when asked by Bruce and still not part of the batman's side his goals and mission [protecting and helping those in need. Making the world safer] align with his father's goal to stop ra's from taking over the world and reducing the human population.

Bruce fails while Damian accomplishes it with help from Kara,Jason and a host of others.

In the spin off he organises the new resistance to take down the regime and free his enslaved father.
    Damian now mature admits how wrong he was for siding with Superman initially. He apologizes for accidentally killing Dick Grayson.

pouring his heart out and apologizing for letting Superman use him.

I didn't think he was disloyal so much as being true to himself but Damian felt otherwise
    His actions and rash immaturity did lead to him becoming a threat and a tool against his father

Tom Taylor the writer of Injustice and Injustice 2 said in an interview that Damian was supposed to represent the middle ground between the egos and extremes that were Supes and Bats.

In the Animated Universe
    In Batman v Robin when he sided with Talon this however was based on Born to kill where Damian reminiscent of Tim in rebirth Tec betrays Batman's trust for good intentions and hubris.

spoilers:
    In both Injustice and the animated verse Damian ends up giving his life to save his fathers.

He jumps infront of Darksied's Omega beams which were aimed at Bruce
    end of spoilers

What is the fascination of Bruce's family being threats? Thomas, Tynion wanted to make Tim saviour a major foe for bruce, Joker controlled Dick is coming up and now Damian in tossed in.

Bruce can't catch a break.
    Unless Bruce gives up the mantle to become a hands on parent due to Damian's lack of supervision then I don't see how Damian or TT can affect the DCUniverse.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 05-15-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    My current theory is that Damian is going too temporarily snap due to a mix of Jokerized Ric and Djinn's death? or her being permanently trapped in Hell? The other members of the team lasting without Damian for 5 issues. and him relaunching a new team with Issue 50

I suspect he will be back to his heroic self by the end of Joker War.
    If Dick get shot and forgetting him and Alfred's death didn't do it I doubt those two will.

Djinn is a team mate not even a friend and Dick Jockerized isn't as traumatic as Dick almost dying or forgetting him. Unless you mean as in the straw that breaks the camel's back [I think that's how that saying goes]

If Dick get shot and forgetting him and Alfred's death didn't do it I doubt those two will.

Djinn is a team mate not even a friend and Dick Jockerized isn't as traumatic as Dick almost dying or forgetting him. Unless you mean as in the straw that breaks the camel's back [I think that's how that saying goes]
    I just think a mixture of everything. Dick getting shot in the head, City of Bane and Alfred's Death, Djinn's fate, and Joker War will eventually become too much for Damian. It'd be too much for any teen.

I think Damian would be effected by any of his Teen Titans team dying. Though he wouldn't admit it out loud. Djinn apart from maybe Emiko is probably who he is closest too on the team so im sure it would still effect him. If she didn't matter to him I doubt he would launch a suicide mission to hell and back!

But I have faith he will overcome it! he always has before. and each time he comes back a stronger character!

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

DCEASED: DEAD PLANET #2
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by TREVOR HAIRSINE and GIGI BALDASSINI
    cover by DAVID FINCH
    card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    card stock movie homage variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    The sequel to the bestselling miniseries continues! The Justice League is trapped on Earth, and they’ve discovered that life still survives on this dead planet! Survival is precarious, though—and with billions of infected still roaming the surface, death lies around every corner. But it isn’t just the anti-living our heroes have to worry about, because John Constantine, Swamp Thing, and Zatanna are about to discover another evil growing...
    ON SALE 08.04.20
    $3.99 US | 2 OF 6 | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $4.99 US
    This issue will ship with three covers.

SUPER SONS BOOK THREE: ESCAPE TO LANDIS TP
    written by RIDLEY PEARSON
    art and cover by ILE GONZALEZ
    Finishing the thrilling adventure that began in The PolarShield Project, a mysterious new foe plans to release a deadly virus, launching the sons of the world’s two greatest superheroes on their biggest mission yet!
    With the news of the Four Fingers taking refuge in the land of Landis, Batkid, Superboy, and Tilly begin their journey to stop the deadly virus from being unleashed onto the world. Meanwhile, Candace has found her way to Landis and is taken underground to a group of people who still believe her to be the true queen of Landis. Our team is reunited in an action-packed adventure through the desert of Landis, an unknown territory filled with unknown dangers!
    New York Times bestselling author Ridley Pearson (Kingdom Keepers) and artist Ile Gonzalez bring the epic conclusion to a story three books in the making. Don’t miss the Super Sons of Superman and Batman as they spring into action on what might be their final mission!
    ON SALE 09.29.20
    $9.99 US | FC | 5.5” x 8”
    160 PAGES
    DC GRAPHIC NOVELS FOR KIDS
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8641-5

BATMAN BEYOND #46
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by SEAN CHEN
    cover by DAN MORA
    variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Mr. Zero’s plan is a success as weather around the world gets worse and a new ice age begins! Gotham is covered in a mountain of snow and ice—and the rest of the world isn’t much better. To set things right, Batman, Damian, and Batwoman Beyond must declare war on the League of Assassins !
    ON SALE 08.25.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    So in August we will have Batman Damian, Damian Al Ghul, Robin-but-rebellious Damian, possibly-fired-Damian, and.... Ian Wayne(sigh...). That doesn't include whatever Damian's role on Joker War (I know that there's no mention of Damian in Tec solicits but that event is written by Tomasi, I don't think he will exclude Damian from his story). August will be a wild month for Damian. And damn, whoever created Damian Al-Ghul design, you are genius! He's so hot and regal! Even Terry looks plain in comparison!
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 05-15-2020 at 03:58 PM.

TEEN TITANS #44
    art by JAVIER FERNANDEZ
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    ON SALE 08.18.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC

TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #2
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | DC
    Somehow I want to laugh while reading TT#44 solicits. So his teammates will chase Damian down, but with Batman also on the case, instead working together with Batman to capture Damian, they will try to outrun Batman and capture Damian before him. It's just like when you're drunk and pull a stupid stunt, then your friends try to catch and stop you before your parents get you and whoop your ass. Compared to his old Teen Titans teams that gladly snitch him and left him to Bruce, that's almost sweet of them.

And our relief that Damian will stay as Robin after Teen Titans annual #2 is gone, if that issue will be happened after TT#44 (which I have to admit, that makes a lot more sense, except for TT#42 solicits).
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 05-15-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I hope they don't scrap his current team and replace it with a new one. With all of their (many) flaws, I like the current Teen Titans team. It's the team that he chose himself. And if he changes his teammates every 20 issue, I started to think that DC just doesn't want to give Damian long-lasting friendship, considering most of his past friends either forgotten or driven away from him.

An Adult Damian is included in Death Metal. He's one of the Evil Batmen

Contributors to Dark Nights: Death Metal Guidebook #1 include:

-
    @Ssnyder1835

-
    @JamesTheFourth

-
    @Williamson_Josh

-
    @beckycloonan

-
    @definitelyvita

-
    @zdarsky

- Christopher Priest
    -
    @TheDougMahnke

-
    @urbanbarbarian

- Eduardo Risso
    -
    @kharyrandolph

Cover by Yasmine Putri!

Due out 08/08
    So that's 2 DamiBats for august. One good, One Evil and Death Metaly

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

I'm happy to see the Annual isn't getting cancelled but having to wait an extra 3 months still sucks. It wouldn't shock me if maybe D.C. planned on delaying, but confident they had to adjust to covid panic. The cover also confirms what I think most figured was Djinn not making it out of there which indeed would upset, Damian, and even Crush. I wonder how she reacts to it also.

Somehow I want to laugh while reading TT#44 solicits. So his teammates will chase Damian down, but with Batman also on the case, instead working together with Batman to capture Damian, they will try to outrun Batman and capture Damian before him. It's just like when you're drunk and pull a stupid stunt, then your friends try to catch and stop you before your parents get you and whoop your ass. Compared to his old Teen Titans teams that gladly snitch him and left him to Bruce, that's almost sweet of them.

And our relief that Damian will stay as Robin after Teen Titans annual #2 is gone, if that issue will be happened after TT#44 (which I have to admit, that makes a lot more sense, except for TT#42 solicits).
    Lol never mind the fact that one of his friends has super speed and should reach him way before anyone else.

I hope they don't scrap his current team and replace it with a new one. With all of their (many) flaws, I like the current Teen Titans team. It's the team that he chose himself. And if he changes his teammates every 20 issue, I started to think that DC just doesn't want to give Damian long-lasting friendship, considering most of his past friends either forgotten or driven away from him.
    Biggest reason I enjoyed this team for so long is what better way to balance out a kid in Damian than an group of degenerates like himself. Reforming yet another team seems silly to me and would probably make me drop the title if that happens again. Hopefully not, as said they've been through too much.

Can't say agree. This team and this book have been nothing but awful. Glad the sales reflect that.