Page 124 of 313 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I never said I liked the previous run, I'm a Damian fan not a Teen Titans fan.
    As a Damian fan I think this whole direction for Damian is ridiculous.
    No Justice had no connection to Damian personally and the Justice League failing had nothing to do with prisoners breaking out all the time, they were facing aliens not Batman villains.
    Throwing a family in the story that we've never seen before and never hear about again to make Damian snap is also pretty weak explanation for me.
    Other characters get entire arcs to get characters to snap, but Glass didn't do that.
    Damian going back to believing people shouldn't get the chance to change out of their own volition and are even unable to change which is why you need to lock them up permanently or need to brainwash them is also dumb when you consider what he learned in Robin: Son of Batman and by his own logic Damian should be locked up or brainwashed himself.
    By going back to this mindset Damian only comes off as a hypocrite.

If we're talking about the team, the gaybaiting with Crush and Djinn is strong, Glass reminding us of Damian's arab heritage but also immediatly presenting him as a psycho and giving him a suicide vest in his fight with Jason is pretty racist in my opinion, Emiko shouldn't be a female Damian and overall this team seems to go nowhere.

As for them becoming a true team, considering that we are over 20 issues in, they failed to rescue Djinn two times and are about to fail a third time from the looks of it and because I suspect the annual got moved to take place after 44 and not after 41 to end the book at 45, considering the bad sales numbers and the amount of other titles wrapping up around the same time, I highly doubt there will be enough time to see this team actually be a team and not a group of dysfunctional people that barely have a reason to still talk with each other.

Yes i found the suicide bomb vest in poor taste and OCC. It becomes even more malicious when you realise that the issue before the jason fight Alfred pulls the old 'He gets it from your side of the family' with Damian.

"You are becoming like your father. No not your father... You are becoming like your Grandfather. Ra's Al Ghul"

Excusing his Jewish side of the family [Glass is Jewish] This Damian is nothing but the Al Ghuls'

That REALLY bothered me. When viewed along with the HUGE focus on Damian's Arabic heritage where Damian says that he's never felt at home in Gotham.
    The Arabian restaurant [or whatever the place he was enjoy his traditional Ox Blood was in] being the only place he feels at home.
    It seems intentional.

Glass really really wanted us to Know Damian was mixed. More than that he wanted us to know that Damian himself viewed himself as Arabic.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-18-2020 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Not holding out hope though since Glass is co writing and this is his story.
    Not any more. Glass leaves next issue. Glass and Thompson were originally solicited to do the Robin 80th anniversary story but it was just Thompson in the end. Same goes for the annual. When Djinn War is over, so is Glass's run on the book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Tom Taylor is working on a new Supersons and Steph Brown project

From August Solicitations:

DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHTS #1
    The DC Universe has become engulfed by the Dark Multiverse, where demons dwell and reality is overrun by monstrous versions of the Dark Knight, all ruled by the Batman Who Laughs. In this collection of short tales, learn the terrifying secrets of these new Bats out of hell and other creatures of the night like Robin King, whose origin is just the worst! Plus, read about the secret buried beneath Castle Bat, the sentient Batmobile, and…how did Batman turn into a dinosaur?

https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDo...8xNTg5NDEyMjQy

I am really TIRED of BATMAN WHO LAUGHS.. Robin King. Now another Evil Damian?(the guy closely to Man-Bats)

I want say GOODBYE Bat Who laughs and Perpetua.. They are not Good for us the fans.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-19-2020 at 06:49 AM.

I missed Goliath.. Thanks Batman Beyond.

By 46.jpg

spoilers:
    Well it appears that in Dead Planet Damian will be able to see Jason, Cassandra, and Commissioner Gordon five years after leaving the earth. In fairness I’m only saying this because of Taylor’s interview that the survivors of Unkillables will be in the sequel, but I can’t imagine that Taylor wouldn’t write some emotional meeting between them and Batman/Damian after he’s lost everyone else.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    From August Solicitations:

DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHTS #1
    The DC Universe has become engulfed by the Dark Multiverse, where demons dwell and reality is overrun by monstrous versions of the Dark Knight, all ruled by the Batman Who Laughs. In this collection of short tales, learn the terrifying secrets of these new Bats out of hell and other creatures of the night like Robin King, whose origin is just the worst! Plus, read about the secret buried beneath Castle Bat, the sentient Batmobile, and…how did Batman turn into a dinosaur?

https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDo...8xNTg5NDEyMjQy

I am really TIRED of BATMAN WHO LAUGHS.. Robin King. Now another Evil Damian?(the guy closely to Man-Bats)

I want say GOODBYE Bat Who laughs and Perpetua.. They are not Good for us the fans.
    Robin King isn't on the cover. We've already seen him in Dark Nights Metal.

He is the damian who leads all the other Robin Crows. Damian killed him.
    We saw the Batman who laughs kill all the other Robin and we saw what he did to Al;red but Damian was off screened. we don't know what was done to him aside from getting jokerised.

He seems to have some kind of powers because he is able to turn the TT's instantly.

We also just got a teaser of what that Damian did to Jon kent

This might mean we get to see the full story.
    Which means we get 2 stories of Damian in this book since we already have one about a Damian Batman

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    Well it appears that in Dead Planet Damian will be able to see Jason, Cassandra, and Commissioner Gordon five years after leaving the earth. In fairness I’m only saying this because of Taylor’s interview that the survivors of Unkillables will be in the sequel, but I can’t imagine that Taylor wouldn’t write some emotional meeting between them and Batman/Damian after he’s lost everyone else.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I would like it if they did meet up wiyh Jason and Cass. I hope he writes a better reunion than he did in Injustice where Damian redeems jason and he betrays him in the end.
    It would be nice for Damian to have some family asidde from Alfred on Earth 2.

There's also another DCeased title Hope at world's end which has the Supersons, wally and Steph Brown
    end of spoilers

"DCeased: Hope at World’s End will expand the story of the Anti-Life War, featuring Superman and Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Stephanie Brown, Wally West, Jimmy Olsen, and more," reads DC's official description.

With Hope at World's End, we finally get to tell the tale of what Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Black Adam, Wink, the Aerie, Martian Manhunter, Black Manta, Steph Brown, Robin, Superboy and more did to save as much of humanity as they could,” concluded Taylor. “And Super Sons fans won't want to miss the apocalyptic adventures of Damian and Jon as they stand up to the worst crisis the Earth has ever seen, and take their first steps on the road to becoming the next World's Finest.”

iT'S OUT NOW FOR 0.99P DIGITAL FIRST

Last preview page that I missed

This out now and has the Supersons so show your support for the duo by finally supporting content with them.

It's the same with Damian as Robin. While Adam Glass doesn't have the power to take Robin away
    [Robin is a corporate character so a writer doesn't have the power to change who is the official Robin They can only do a story where someone else takes the mantle but only for the story it doesn't affect who is officially Robin.}

Supporting good Robin content helps us get more of the same and is an incentive for more writers to use him.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-19-2020 at 12:05 PM.

I read the first chapter, while I’m sure we will see Damian as the period in time Taylor is describing is when Damian would become Batman so we are likely to see his first attempts at being Batman. However this first chapter is about Jimmy Olsen.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I read the first chapter, while I’m sure we will see Damian as the period in time Taylor is describing is when Damian would become Batman so we are likely to see his first attempts at being Batman. However this first chapter is about Jimmy Olsen.
    I wasn't aware there was another DCesaed series. That's a pleasant surprise. The series is about the whole DC universe so not surprised this is about Jimmy. It's hard work balancing all the characters in a series like this.

I'm glad he remembered people like Jimmy, steph and cass. Characters like that don't normally get much love.
    I'll check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I wasn't aware there was another DCesaed series. That's a pleasant surprise. The series is about the whole DC universe so not surprised this is about Jimmy. It's hard work balancing all the characters in a series like this.

I'm glad he remembered people like Jimmy, steph and cass. Characters like that don't normally get much love.
    I'll check this out.
    Honestly it just got announced and then released today, it’s digital exclusive at 99 cents an issue and I think there’s going to be 14 issues total.

Then there’s the sequel series Dead Planet that’s coming out June 30th, DC is really trying to take this DCeased series and run with it.
    Words to live by.

watched the Justice League Dark Apokolips War movie and it was bitter sweet.
    There where so many storuies that I hopedwe'd still get and characters that I wanted flesh to see more from but it's all over.

Not surprised it's getting rave reviews it's on a whole other level and there are thing they did that we'll never get the chance to see ever again.

spoilers:
    TrigonSuperman
    Trigon v Darksied "so you are one of the so called New Gods? I'm not impressed" This movie was the ****.

The conclusion to 3 Damian story lines with Dick, Bruce and Raven
    Kori and Dick even at the end with all the fuckery are together. I don't even ship them but man they deserved more love.
    Dick giving his life in an effort to save Damian was heartbreaking and then they followed up with Pit madness which just killed me.
    Just once I'd love to have a universe where neither dies or gets hurt or crazy
    Damian with a Kryptonite sword
    Damian threatening to chop of Constatine's hands
    Damian's 1st kiss
    This movie is a must see. So many people that it made you feel for and then took away. Like Lex I felt for Lex Luthor
    end of spoilers

Honestly it just got announced and then released today, it’s digital exclusive at 99 cents an issue and I think there’s going to be 14 issues total.

Then there’s the sequel series Dead Planet that’s coming out June 30th, DC is really trying to take this DCeased series and run with it.
    Just read the synopsis and it sounds interesting. I was already going to pick it up for Steph and the Supersons any way.