Page 126 of 204 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3049
  1. #1876
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Attachment 96865
    Attachment 96866

    Trying to understand how forum posts work.
    I get you feel free to ask any of us if you have any problems/questions

  2. #1877
    Amazing Member Matches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Is it a given that all Batman collectors/readers read Teen Titans due to Damian being in the group?

    Putting together my pull list and really want it due to Damian but not sure if the stories are my bag

  3. #1878
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Is it a given that all Batman collectors/readers read Teen Titans due to Damian being in the group?

    Putting together my pull list and really want it due to Damian but not sure if the stories are my bag
    I doubt that all TT readers read it for Damian.
    This last run is different because it's a new team with new characters but I would say that a part of the readership is made up of TT fans who don't care who Robin is.

    few Damian fans actually buy the current TT disliking how Damian is being used.

  4. #1879
    Amazing Member Matches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I doubt that all TT readers read it for Damian.
    This last run is different because it's a new team with new characters but I would say that a part of the readership is made up of TT fans who don't care who Robin is.

    few Damian fans actually buy the current TT disliking how Damian is being used.

    Oh cool thanks. So I may want to just skip it then. I like the hardcore, smart azz, future Batman Damian. He is not that way in TT?

  5. #1880
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Oh cool thanks. So I may want to just skip it then. I like the hardcore, smart azz, future Batman Damian. He is not that way in TT?
    No. It's confusing. TT has Damian going down a dark path but we don't get the reason why because there are no thought boxes.

    It has Damian making a bunch of mistakes and bad decisions
    Being less than smart and acting out of character. One scene has Damian strap a suicide vest to himself!

    There's so many plot holes and hanging threads. Plot lines that go nowhere. The mainly good arc was the 3 parter that was written by Priest.

    This run ties into nothing and is pretty much contained so you can ignore it while collecting Batman, Nightwing, RHATo or any other of the Batbooks

  6. #1881
    Amazing Member Matches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No. It's confusing. TT has Damian going down a dark path but we don't get the reason why because there are no thought boxes.

    It has Damian making a bunch of mistakes and bad decisions
    Being less than smart and acting out of character. One scene has Damian strap a suicide vest to himself!

    There's so many plot holes and hanging threads. Plot lines that go nowhere. The mainly good arc was the 3 parter that was written by Priest.

    This run ties into nothing and is pretty much contained so you can ignore it while collecting Batman, Nightwing, RHATo or any other of the Batbooks

    Cool thanks! I will skip it. What about Super Sons, worth my time, either run?

  7. #1882
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Cool thanks! I will skip it. What about Super Sons, worth my time, either run?
    A delightful run

  8. #1883
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Cool thanks! I will skip it. What about Super Sons, worth my time, either run?
    No worries
    Supersons is one of the highlights of Rebith
    Adventures of the Supersons is still better than 50% of what Dc put out at the time but it's not as good as the original series which was just Outstanding.

    A big part of what killed the second series for me was the knowledge that it was set in the past which killed all tension and meant there were no stakes.
    Also the adventure felt a bit drawn out.

    I would recommend both if you can afford it. However if you are on a budget then Just the 1st series and Rebirth Superman issues 10 and 11 which is where the boys 1st meet and get the name Supersons

  9. #1884
    Spectacular Member Rebeca Armus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Thanks. I will ask you if I need :>

  10. #1885
    Spectacular Member Rebeca Armus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Welcome Rebecca. happy to have you
    Those are only possible in the realm of fanfiction.
    Robin isn't a supportr character for nightwing so never going to happen

    If the issue is Damian making mistakes while doing hero work then he wouldn't be able to do ANY hero work

    Selina's baby is a one shot that's already been published and isn't in continuity

    Damian and Djinn isn't a thing

    The most likely thing is that Damian is told off by Bruce, ground for a while and then back as Robin with TT [new or current] once all the titles are relaunched.

    Jon and Damian I believe we'll continue to get stories featuring the Supersons hopefully with maya and Kathy. DC doesn't seem ready to leave that duo alone just yet.
    Yeah, I read many fanfics, much of #brucewayneisagoodparent, because the comics is too cold.

  11. #1886
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,953

    Default

    WELCOME REBECCA ARMUS

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I have to say to all the Damian fans lamenting his poor treatment and raging on king.
    Damian has had the best treatment of all the bat kids so please bear that in mind when you start your woe is me.

    It in't king's job to write a decent Damian/Bruce story. King's job is to write a good batman story and to use his support staff to support that story.

    The people at fault are Damian's writers. Glass deliberate ignored Bruce, wrote Damian going bad because reasons [there are no thought boxes for Damian so we are left in the dark as to why he is doing what he is doing.

    bendis might have called Damian Baby Hitler in reference to his locking up and mindwiping villains. That's simply canon and it's not as bad as Tim going full hitler in both the present and the future.

    it's not as bad as Tim attempting to kill Damian
    it's not as bad as Tim attempting to kill Kate
    it's not as bad as Tim attempting to kill 10 year old Jon kent
    It's not as bad as tim attempting to kill bruce with Joe Chill's gun
    It's not as bad as Jason threatening to kill innocent teenagers
    It's not as bad as Bruce coming out as a child abuser

    All the instance os Bruce been a good dad all the positive bruce being Human and positive family moments [not counting the fan service that was Bat burger] we've had since 2016 have been with
    Bruce and Damian
    Dick and Damian
    Bruce, Dick and Damian
    Bruce and Dick
    Bruce and Jarro
    the rest included those mentioned above + Alfred, babs and strangers.

    my point is Damian has it the best out of the bat kids so stop complaining
    Consider the fact that Bruce ignoring Damian's Birthday, Bruce being neglectful, Bruce beating up Jason all those are bruce being portrayed as the worst to serve Damian and Jason's story.

    Damian isn't about to lose Robin permanently and there's plenty of positive Bruce and Damian stories.
    Damian isn't about to become evil and not one story since rebirth has made him or even remotely hinted at that being the case.

    Metal is a series about evil Batmen and Robins so what were you expecting?
    NOTHING AGAINST KING. I canīt remember the last time that he used him.

    It seems that some people here will be happy with Glass run ending.

    BENDIS called him HITLER 1000 years later using the LEGION. To me it sounds like if he is saying that in some years he will leave Batman Family and transform in another RAīS AL GHUL and spend the rest of his life like that. That is what makes what he made TERRIBLE saying that there is NO HOPE for him.


    In the end I will leave Damian fanbase if DC is only able to make things like SS with him.. I prefer read true Damian stories or something like Batman&Robin than that.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-21-2020 at 04:33 AM.

  12. #1887
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    WELCOME REBECCA ARMUS



    NOTHING AGAINST KING. I canīt remember the last time that he used him.

    It seems that some people here will be happy with Glass run ending.

    BENDIS called him HITLER 1000 years later using the LEGION. To me it sounds like if he is saying that in some years he will leave Batman Family and transform in another RAīS AL GHUL and spend the rest of his life like that. That is what makes what he made TERRIBLE saying that there is NO HOPE for him.


    In the end I will leave Damian fanbase if DC is only able to make things like SS with him.. I prefer read true Damian stories or something like Batman&Robin than that.
    Last time King used him was the climax of Bane arc, after escaping Thomas' hold, he fought him with the rest of the family, then alongside everyone got hypnotized by Psycho-Pirate... and I forget the resolution

  13. #1888
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Last time King used him was the climax of Bane arc, after escaping Thomas' hold, he fought him with the rest of the family, then alongside everyone got hypnotized by Psycho-Pirate... and I forget the resolution

    Same here. Because I am unable to remember what happened I am unable to hate him..

    I think that all of them(the batfamily) were under Mind control for the Pirate fault against Bruce.

  14. #1889
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Last time King used him was the climax of Bane arc, after escaping Thomas' hold, he fought him with the rest of the family, then alongside everyone got hypnotized by Psycho-Pirate... and I forget the resolution
    There really wasn't any kind of resolution. Bruce passes by the row of mind controlled family members when Selina leads him to Thomas. We get a flashback to how Thomas got from the flashpoint universe to the main universe (King absolutely botched flashpoint) and the final fight starts. The family was so unimportant to the story that the artist didn't even bother to draw them standing in the background, despite being on the cover.
    The only thing we learn about them is Bruce saying that the boys came over for dinner and that they're doing well to Alfred's grave, which considering in what state "the boys" were in at the time was an....interesting statement.

  15. #1890
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I agree with all of your point except one thing.



    I agree that King has no obligation to write Damian/Bruce story, or Batman's interaction with Batfam. But King has obligation to wrote Batman as hero, and wrote him gambled a 13 years old kid, his 13 years old kid is not a heroic act. What kind of superhero writer wrote a middle age hero stayed on the beach and did couple yoga with Selina while he sent Damian to a place full of his enemies, said enemies he ran away from? And made him punched Tim, then had a gall to call that some kind of codes? Then Tim easily accepted that, Damian easily accepted that, and still eagerly helped Bruce? Batman is a hero, role model hero, and King practically made him excused his child abuse acts? It unnerves me a lot. If he wanted to make Batman and Catwoman to be the one who save Gotham with their power of love or something, it's better if he doesn't use Batfam at all like Synder.
    You know what was one of the worst things about how King wrote this?
    The sheer stupidity and recklessness of Bruce's plan to take back the city and King having the gall to use Alfred's last message to Bruce to praise this whole thing as brilliant.

    Yeah, carelessly gambling with your sons life and betting that your father will show more humanity towards Damian than you do.
    Brilliant plan.

    Yes, it was King's obligation to write a good batman story, not a Bruce and Damian story, but he utterly failed with both.
    The run was mostly bad and probably unintentionally a terrible Bruce and Damian story too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •