Page 127 of 313 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 4692
    Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    It seems that some people here will be happy with Glass run ending.
    I think it's more just happy when he's off the book, maybe Thompson's direction will win some over. But no matter who's the writer, I would like the team to remain.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    I think it's more just happy when he's off the book, maybe Thompson's direction will win some over. But no matter who's the writer, I would like the team to remain.
    I want aqualad back

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I get you feel free to ask any of us if you have any problems/questions
    Whats is the difference in "reply with quote" and just "reply" ('=__=)/

Why DC put Aqualad for a so short time?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Yeah, I read many fanfics, much of #brucewayneisagoodparent, because the comics is too cold.
    Damian don't have a character for make a couple, (I don't think this you happen with Raven or Mar'i Grayson).
    Who could be Damian's future crush and correspond his feelings?

Whats is the difference in "reply with quote" and just "reply" ('=__=)/
    Reply with quote has the comment you are replying to highlighted in your reply. Like above.
    I replied with Quote

This is Just reply

I don't think it was DC's choice. Adam Glass could have used him but he didn't. Honestly it feels like Glass just had stories for his new characters and to make another failed Robin. Bruce's dialogue and handling of the situation will reveal his true aim.

I thought he wanted to challenge Damian but lately others have highlighted how that might not be the case and on going back and re reading this isn't a fallout from No Justice as was implied.

Damian don't have a character for make a couple, (I don't think this you happen with Raven or Mar'i Grayson).
    Who could be Damian's future crush and correspond his feelings?
    I think Damian is too young and emotionally under developed for a romantic relationship but in the future I don't mind Maps [if DC bring her back] or Emiko or Djinn. I don't really mind so long as it's well written and doesn't take over his narrative

Mighty Member

Why DC put Aqualad for a so short time?
    Aqualad is in YOUNG JUSTICE and it could be that he is also in ACTION COMICS, since Young Justice showed up there..
    He is just in a new Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not any more. Glass leaves next issue. Glass and Thompson were originally solicited to do the Robin 80th anniversary story but it was just Thompson in the end. Same goes for the annual. When Djinn War is over, so is Glass's run on the book.
    That's true. Glass is still listed in the solicitation for August though. If he wasn't involved anymore that would have been their chance to just list Thompson, but they didn't do that.

Yes i found the suicide bomb vest in poor taste and OCC. It becomes even more malicious when you realise that the issue before the jason fight Alfred pulls the old 'He gets it from your side of the family' with Damian.

"You are becoming like your father. No not your father... You are becoming like your Grandfather. Ra's Al Ghul"

Excusing his Jewish side of the family [Glass is Jewish] This Damian is nothing but the Al Ghuls'

That REALLY bothered me. When viewed along with the HUGE focus on Damian's Arabic heritage where Damian says that he's never felt at home in Gotham.
    The Arabian restaurant [or whatever the place he was enjoy his traditional Ox Blood was in] being the only place he feels at home.
    It seems intentional.

Glass really really wanted us to Know Damian was mixed. More than that he wanted us to know that Damian himself viewed himself as Arabic.
    It definitely came off as malicious to me to highlight Damian's cultural heritage that way and then connect it to Damian going rogue.
    It always bothers me when writers pretend Damian got all his bad traits from the al Ghuls and all the good ones from the Waynes. Ra's isn't the opposite of Bruce and as Bruce admitted in Batman and Robin himself, he and his son struggle with a lot of the same problems.

In a way it's even funny how similar Bruce and Damian actually are right now. Secret prisons they didn't tell team mates about, prisons designed to keep the worst criminals inside, lying to everyone, accusing Jason and fighting him for things he didn't do, a general frustration with criminals becoming worse and worse...but more on that at the end of my post.

It's not like Damian wouldn't have had reasons to start doubting Bruce, that's not my main issue with this run.
    It's that Glass wrote Damian going rogue without really exploring the legitimate reasons Damian would have for doing so, he connected Damian acting this way to his blood from his mothers side, to an event that Damian didn't play a huge role in and to a man dying the audience had no reason to care about. Meanwhile things that should have had a big impact on Damian that readers would have cared about, like what happened to Dick, Jon and recently Alfred, get ignored in TT.
    The overall feeling I got since the very beginning of this run is that Glass isn't interested at all in developing Damian, making him sympathetic to readers or letting him grow. I would even go as far as to say that he possible just wants to tear him down.

Thompson did a lot better than Glass did in Bat and Mouse. I still can't help but fear that we might get a pretty black and white confrontation in the annual and not Bruce and Damian facing their mistakes with honesty and trying to find a solution together though. It's not impossible, I just know from experience that Bruce gets away with being a hypocrite all the time.
    I also wonder if "Damian making criminals pay the ultimate price" again is a reaction to DC realizing Bruce and Damian are actually at a pretty similar point right now and need Damian to commit something worse to make Bruce look justified should it really come to Bruce fighting Damian or firing him. That's just speculation though.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 05-22-2020 at 02:12 AM.

No. It's confusing. TT has Damian going down a dark path but we don't get the reason why because there are no thought boxes.

It has Damian making a bunch of mistakes and bad decisions
    Being less than smart and acting out of character. One scene has Damian strap a suicide vest to himself!

There's so many plot holes and hanging threads. Plot lines that go nowhere. The mainly good arc was the 3 parter that was written by Priest.

This run ties into nothing and is pretty much contained so you can ignore it while collecting Batman, Nightwing, RHATo or any other of the Batbooks
    That's something I've noticed too.

Sure, they touched the topic of Bruce and Damian being at odds here and there when Damian made an appearance in Detective Comics, but overall it's like Teen Titans is in its own little bubble.

TT Damian and Damian in every other book are like two different characters.
    TT Damian is off the grid, doesn't talk to Batman and doesn't work with him.
    Meanwhile every other book has Damian coming to help Bruce enact his plans or help him with cases, coming when Bruce calls for battle, worrying about Bruce's safety, refusing when villains ask him to betray his father...

It's like Glass wanted one direction for Damian and most other writers don't agree. But TT is Damian's main book, so it might have more weight than Damian's appearances outside his book for his overall direction.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Justice League of China v Teen Titans

Bernard Chang

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Justice League of China v Teen Titans

Bernard Chang
    Nice! Whatever happened to the JLA of China?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Nice! Whatever happened to the JLA of China?
    I only know that Avery, the Flash of China, constantly appears in Williamson’s Flash(also I think a panel in Batman/Superman) even appearing in the upcoming final story arc from Williamson. In fact I think she’s dating Wallace, though I might have that wrong.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.