Page 13 of 313 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

What issues is Colin from

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian running on a Rope by Ryann Winn for Digital PlayGround

https://twitter.com/ryanwinn
    He's running on a rope? That's impressive.

Is this balancing feat thank's to Dick teaching him some tricks or Talia's training I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He hasn't been in any new seines but Dustin Nguyen [his creator] said he'll be returning in the upcoming Batman&co Title Once Upon A Crime.

Fairy Tales retold with a Twist featuring the characters from the Batverse/Gotham. The Book is Bruce trying to entertain a Sick Damian by telling him tales but with the Villains and heroes of Gotham in place of Fairy Tale characters and with twists.

Not sure when the title is due.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He was introduced in Streets of Gotham issue 12

He was also in multiple issues of Lil Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He's running on a rope? That's impressive.

Is this balancing feat thank's to Dick teaching him some tricks or Talia's training I wonder?
    Both. He already had skills thanks to his training and DickBat thought him a few tricks during there time as B&R.

He hasn't been in any new seines but Dustin Nguyen [his creator] said he'll be returning in the upcoming Batman&co Title Once Upon A Crime.

Fairy Tales retold with a Twist featuring the characters from the Batverse/Gotham. The Book is Bruce trying to entertain a Sick Damian by telling him tales but with the Villains and heroes of Gotham in place of Fairy Tale characters and with twists.

Not sure when the title is due.
    That's the unfortunate thing about so many writers creating original characters in their stories is that once they get abandoned by other writers.

There's no reason why other writers who handled Damian after Nyuyen couldn't have used Colin.

Gleason I give a pass since RSOB was not set in Gotham but Tomasi and Percy acting like Damian didn't already have a pal wasn't cool.

A similar thing's happening to Maya now.

New characters created for specif story arcs or comic runs should have a better chance of sticking round since they are supporting cast so there's less risk.

However that's almost never the case. Why do writers almost always ignore original support characters from previous stories? Acknowledging those interactions and reusing those character helps flesh out Damian's world.

One of the criticisms that often comes up with Damian is that writers regress or ignore the character's development. Acknowledging past interactions and occasionally using original characters from previous runs helps avoid regression.

This is titled Pyjama Party and that's all. There's no English translation.

Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-11-2020 at 12:46 PM.

This so so adorable and whiny.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1215407906914521096

When an animated series about Harley Quinn, of all people, can do a better Damian then Bendis...

Anyway, the above comics look good, but I have absolutely NO idea what they're saying. Not the first time I've had such a dilemma, and I doubt it will be the last.

That's the unfortunate thing about so many writers creating original characters in their stories is that once they get abandoned by other writers.

There's no reason why other writers who handled Damian after Nyuyen couldn't have used Colin.

Gleason I give a pass since RSOB was not set in Gotham but Tomasi and Percy acting like Damian didn't already have a pal wasn't cool.

A similar thing's happening to Maya now.

New characters created for specif story arcs or comic runs should have a better chance of sticking round since they are supporting cast so there's less risk.

However that's almost never the case. Why do writers almost always ignore original support characters from previous stories? Acknowledging those interactions and reusing those character helps flesh out Damian's world.

One of the criticisms that often comes up with Damian is that writers regress or ignore the character's development. Acknowledging past interactions and occasionally using original characters from previous runs helps avoid regression.
    Percy's Damian saying he has no friends and the way Supersons presented Damian and Jon's road to friendship can be read as resetting to fans familiar with Colin, Maya and Suren. Since we know he has friend's.

It's not resetting since Damian has zero issues making friends is just that he doesn't. We've never seen him struggle to make friends or even have any problems with imitating contact and charming a stranger into a friend.
    #

Percy's Damian was lying since Batman told him to go form the team [well manipulated]

I have no idea why writers don't build on or develop his relationship with those characters or even use them in a different way.

They only ever show up in stories by their creator and that's a shame.

I misread the comment I was responding to. Sorry Rac7d
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-11-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    When an animated series about Harley Quinn, of all people, can do a better Damian then Bendis...

Anyway, the above comics look good, but I have absolutely NO idea what they're saying. Not the first time I've had such a dilemma, and I doubt it will be the last.
    Bendis just writes crappy teen speak except for Jon. Jon isn't as cringy as Damian and some of YJ.

Bendis just writes crappy teen speak except for Jon. Jon isn't as cringy as Damian and some of YJ.
    I still refuse to acknowledge that character as Jon. That is Earth 3 Ultraboy, inserting himself deep within Earth 1/Prime/whatever and relaying information to the Crime Syndicate. Real Jon is stuck in the Daycare from Hell on Earth 3, with his powers neutralized, and dealing with annoyingly evil things. Like pencils that stay dull, frustratingly inaccurate educational materials, awful tasting healthy food, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I still refuse to acknowledge that character as Jon. That is Earth 3 Ultraboy, inserting himself deep within Earth 1/Prime/whatever and relaying information to the Crime Syndicate. Real Jon is stuck in the Daycare from Hell on Earth 3, with his powers neutralized, and dealing with annoyingly evil things. Like pencils that stay dull, frustratingly inaccurate educational materials, awful tasting healthy food, etc.
    lol. That's a story I'd like to read.