Page 130 of 313 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 4692
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    AT&T was also in favour of going ahead with 5G which was a risky venture even more risky now that Luke will have to compete with Dickbats [part of the Synder Dick Grayson pitch which will happen] and DamiBats in DCeased.

The TT book with Damian going after KGBeast is likely set just after the 2nd Nightwing Annual which is set before Alfred RIP and the Robin 80th story.

Why would Djinn being in hell lead Damian to hunt him down if shooting Dick Grayson didn't?

Robin isn't a character that is changed just like that. Robin as an IP is far too important to be changed on a whim.
    Why would Damian need to be kicked out for Luke to become Batman it's not like 13 year old shorty Damian would have ever become The Batman.

Luke and 5G were never the reason behind the Glass tT direction. They couldn't have been since Damian's too young and under 5 foot.

There's a lot of change happening and it's difficult to get a read on what the deal with TT. Glass and Thompson don't ever talk or post anything about the series [the4y do for other projects] DC doesn't. It's a barren land out there on the net when it comes to this TT run [Percy's was different]

I don't see this Tt team carrying on though. The new members are divisive, majority Damian fans hate it and the sales figures haven't been great.

Damian will be okay. Wally too but the rest I'not so sure.
    Actually it sells the same as Percy's run in direct sales and it sells quite well in trades. It still on the top selling DC books alongside Percy's run.

If you compare both volume 1 on the sales charts on Amazon Percy's run was ranked 1,288 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels.

Glass' volume 1 was ranked #982 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels. This is a comparison of all DC graphic Novels sold on Amazon. So, I doubt Teen Titans is going to be canceled. Also some Damian fans may not like it but it does well with long time Titans and new fans of the Teen Titans.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 05-25-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    AT&T was also in favour of going ahead with 5G which was a risky venture even more risky now that Luke will have to compete with Dickbats [part of the Synder Dick Grayson pitch which will happen] and DamiBats in DCeased.

The TT book with Damian going after KGBeast is likely set just after the 2nd Nightwing Annual which is set before Alfred RIP and the Robin 80th story.

Why would Djinn being in hell lead Damian to hunt him down if shooting Dick Grayson didn't?

Robin isn't a character that is changed just like that. Robin as an IP is far too important to be changed on a whim.
    Why would Damian need to be kicked out for Luke to become Batman it's not like 13 year old shorty Damian would have ever become The Batman.

Luke and 5G were never the reason behind the Glass tT direction. They couldn't have been since Damian's too young and under 5 foot.

There's a lot of change happening and it's difficult to get a read on what the deal with TT. Glass and Thompson don't ever talk or post anything about the series [the4y do for other projects] DC doesn't. It's a barren land out there on the net when it comes to this TT run [Percy's was different]

I don't see this Tt team carrying on though. The new members are divisive, majority Damian fans hate it and the sales figures haven't been great.

Damian will be okay. Wally too but the rest I'not so sure.
    Do you mean the third Nightwing Annual? Wasn't the second one just about Dick waking up, having an argument with Bruce and getting manipulated by the owls? I know Pennyworth RIP mentioned it taking place before Annual 2 but that doesn't make sense when you consider that the second Nightwing annual takes place before Nightwing 50 and we see Alfred visiting Ric in 51.

And it's not about Damian being a competitor for Luke as Batman, it's about Damian being Robin to Luke's Batman. Doesn't really fit.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Actually it sells the same as Percy's run in direct sales and it sells quite well in trades. It still on the top selling DC books alongside Percy's run.

If you compare both volume 1 on the sales charts on Amazon Percy's run was ranked 1,288 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels.

Glass' volume 1 was ranked #982 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels. This is a comparison of all DC graphic Novels sold on Amazon. So, I doubt Teen Titans is going to be canceled. Also some Damian fans may not like it but it does well with long time Titans and new fans of the Teen Titans.
    No it doesn't sell the same as Percy's run.
    Firsts always sell pretty well, look at the numbers for later issues.
    It sold about the same as the last issues of Percy's run up until the reveal of The Other, since then the sales have been in sharp decline.
    The numbers for single issues have been below 20k since December and have fallen to 16,6k by April.

A lot of titles are wrapping up at the end of summer/next fall, either getting cancelled or preparing for a relaunch. As Dietrich pointed out we don't hear a lot from the creators so it's hard to tell where this is going, but I really wouldn't be suprised if DC simply used Batman shutting this team down to end the book.

Doesn't mean the annual has to end with Damian getting fired. Damian founded the team after a falling out with Bruce, them fixing their relationship or wanting to work together again also works as an explanation for why the team might disband.
    Whatever direction DC decides on, things should be different after the annual. If not they could have simply left it at it's original spot.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    No it doesn't sell the same as Percy's run.
    Firsts always sell pretty well, look at the numbers for later issues.
    It sold about the same as the last issues of Percy's run up until the reveal of The Other, since then the sales have been in sharp decline.

The numbers for single issues have been below 20k since December and have fallen to 16,6k by April.
    I noticed that now that I looked at the sales charts. Its interesting. I don't think the book lost many readers in direct sales and it does well in trade and is constant in being at the top of digital sales. I wonder how many people actually dropped the book or are trade waiting. Between 30k to 15k at the lowest end seems to be typical for the Titans books since Rebirth.

Due to the virus I would only be worried about any book if it wasn't at least maybe in the top 100 of digital sales on comixology.

Fantastic Member

Doesn't mean the annual has to end with Damian getting fired. Damian founded the team after a falling out with Bruce, them fixing their relationship or wanting to work together again also works as an explanation for why the team might disband.
    Whatever direction DC decides on, things should be different after the annual. If not they could have simply left it at it's original spot.
    I thought about it the Titans disbanding and coming back together after a while is kind of a stable at this point. Anyone who has read Graduation Day which is really good. Knows that event leads into Geoff John's Teen Titans. Same with the Outsiders ending so the orginal Titans could form the new Titans team. A lot of books are nearing 50 to 60 issues. A lot of them could just be finishing up storylines to reprint a number 1. I would do the same thing at this point since a lot of people don't like buying higher issue numbers.

Although I understand the notion I really want to see books like Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman and Teen Titans reach 100 issues or more. The last book I can remember reaching that many issues was Geoff John's Green Lantern run and maybe JSA.

I just kind of like the idea of watching a story continue its progress. I like that they didn't change Teen Titans numbering when Damian got a new team because I think to read Glass' run you need to see the events that happened in Percy's run. Like if I was collecting them for a Omnibus I would both runs together and No Justice for context.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 05-25-2020 at 04:23 PM.

I noticed that now that I looked at the sales charts. Its interesting. I don't think the book lost many readers in direct sales and it does well in trade and is constant in being at the top of digital sales. I wonder how many people actually dropped the book or are trade waiting. Between 30k to 15k at the lowest end seems to be typical for the Titans books since Rebirth.

Due to the virus I would only be worried about any book if it wasn't at least maybe in the top 100 of digital sales on comixology.
    Digital sales only make up a small percentage of comics DC sells, I would never use those numbers to determine if a book is doing well.

I thought about it the Titans disbanding and coming back together after a while is kind of a stable at this point. Anyone who has read Graduation Day which is really good. Knows that event leads into Geoff John's Teen Titans. Same with the Outsiders ending so the orginal Titans could form the new Titans team. A lot of books are nearing 50 to 60 issues. A lot of them could just be finishing up storylines to reprint a number 1. I would do the same thing at this point since a lot of people don't like buying higher issue numbers.

Although I understand the notion I really want to see books like Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman and Teen Titans reach 100 issues or more. The last book I can remember reaching that many issues was Geoff John's Green Lantern run and maybe JSA.

I just kind of like the idea of watching a story continue its progress. I like that they didn't change Teen Titans numbering when Damian got a new team because I think to read Glass' run you need to see the events that happened in Percy's run. Like if I was collecting them for a Omnibus I would both runs together and No Justice for context.
    A book like this Teen Titans run going for another 55 issues? Highly doubt it. Unless you're a really big title like Batman you're not getting to 100 nowadays. And even that was apparently supposed to be get a new #1 before 5G got canned.

I also think that this team in this form doesn't have a lot of staying power. Glass didn't do a good job with the established characters (Damian, Wally, Emiko) and his own creations don't have many connections to bigger characters.
    The team has stayed in it's own little bubble almost the entire time, so it's not like they would be missed in the DC universe. Unless another writer is really passionate about them I expect most of them to vanish like a lot of former Teen Titans characters have.

Sorry, but I always thought the connection between Glass's run and No Justice was laughable. It explains why the first team disbanded, but it doesn't really explain why Damian suddenly thinks he needs to lock people up for all eternity.

Edit: Didn't mean to post this twice
    Last edited by Astralabius; 05-25-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Fantastic Member

A book like this Teen Titans run going for another 55 issues? Highly doubt it. Unless you're a really big title like Batman you're not getting to 100 nowadays. And even that was apparently supposed to be get a new #1 before 5G got canned.

I also think that this team in this form doesn't have a lot of staying power. Glass didn't do a good job with the established characters (Damian, Wally, Emiko) and his own creations don't have many connections to bigger characters.
    The team has stayed in it's own little bubble almost the entire time, so it's not like they would be missed in the DC universe. Unless another writer is really passionate about them I expect most of them to vanish like a lot of former Teen Titans characters have.

Sorry, but I always thought the connection between Glass's run and No Justice was laughable. It explains why the first team disbanded, but it doesn't really explain why Damian suddenly thinks he needs to lock people up for all eternity.
    I know this run would never reach 100 issues. Geoff John's only got his Titans run to reach 50 issues and that run is one of the most well liked. I kind of feel like a lot of the DC Universe is in it's own bubble now a days. Unless your Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman your not appearing in other books. Also Glass did want to cross over with the Titans at one point but Abnett's run got canceled before they could write it. Some writers have used Glass' characters in other books Crush and Roundhouse have appeared in other titles. I know the team has appeared in Synder's Justice League being trained by Black Canary.

I think the foundation to make them stay is there but your right another writer has to care enough to make that happen. But every character at some point has undergone this move so only time will tell.

There is anybody that think Damian could be Nightwing or Flamebird?
    Even it's no for a long time, just for shake things a little.
    *sorry for interrupt the discussion, I can't go keep understanding this level of knowledge, abbreviations and english >____<

Do you mean the third Nightwing Annual? Wasn't the second one just about Dick waking up, having an argument with Bruce and getting manipulated by the owls? I know Pennyworth RIP mentioned it taking place before Annual 2 but that doesn't make sense when you consider that the second Nightwing annual takes place before Nightwing 50 and we see Alfred visiting Ric in 51.

And it's not about Damian being a competitor for Luke as Batman, it's about Damian being Robin to Luke's Batman. Doesn't really fit.
    Yes i was talking about the Nightwing Annual when Dick wakes up. I assumed that annual was the catalyst for Damian seeking out KGBeast since he asked Bruce whether he he killed him and Bruce said no.

Later on Dick rejects them and doesn't remember him.
    That would be his lowest point

It makes sense that Dick forgetting him would cause Damian to lose it and want revenge.

Both writers of RIP didn't do a good job. That title was full of mistakes. It was the 10th anniversary of Bruce's parents death yet Bruce was mourning Damian in one of the stories we saw. It's just a mess.

I don't think the plan was ever for Damian to be his Robin.
    Batman and Robin haven't been a thing since the days when Jason was Robin.

Morrison brought them back for his run but prior to that the duo were mostly seen in the Robin series or in events.

I don't know I just don't think the event's of TT has anything to do with 5G
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-25-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    There is anybody that think Damian could be Nightwing or Flamebird?
    Even it's no for a long time, just for shake things a little.
    *sorry for interrupt the discussion, I can't go keep understanding this level of knowledge, abbreviations and english >____<
    Damian could be Nightwing but not right now or anytime soon in main continuity for 2 reasons:

Dick and the Nightwing title has been damaged so much since this Ric nonsense started. It needs to be rebuilt. DC needs to get the title and Dick's characters some attention and investment to bring it back where it was [one of DC's best selling IP's]
    so this isn't the time for anyone to be taking over or anything. The focus needs to be on Dick Grayson doing his thing and taking center stage.

-Damian is 13 that's too young for him to be Nightwing and after TT where he made the wrong choices I don't think it's a good direction to give him even more responsibility. Looking after a city is different from working cases on a team.

Nightwing isn't really like Robin that gets passed on but if Dick does ever decide to give it all up then Damian is the one that makes the most sense but not yet.

I know this run would never reach 100 issues. Geoff John's only got his Titans run to reach 50 issues and that run is one of the most well liked. I kind of feel like a lot of the DC Universe is in it's own bubble now a days. Unless your Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman your not appearing in other books. Also Glass did want to cross over with the Titans at one point but Abnett's run got canceled before they could write it. Some writers have used Glass' characters in other books Crush and Roundhouse have appeared in other titles. I know the team has appeared in Synder's Justice League being trained by Black Canary.

I think the foundation to make them stay is there but your right another writer has to care enough to make that happen. But every character at some point has undergone this move so only time will tell.
    The thing with this team is that they don't feel like a team and this whole run has a really mean spirited vibe to it.
    They don't give off the TT's vibe. They are outlaws. Formed without the knowledge of any responsible adults with the objective to do what the JL won't.

They are renegades. Anti-heroes and that's not what TT is about. They came together for the wrong reasons and that reason isn't sustainable.
    I don't know what the future holds but one thing is clear, the days of titles flying under the radar is over.