Page 138 of 313 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 4692
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I always thought that a good way to introduce Helena Wayne was to reveal Helena Kyle was actually Bruce's kid not Sam's.

That way they could bypass the pregnancy and baby stages.
    I didn't know Sam and Selina were married. Didn't she date Slam Brady. Sam's dad?

I was lowkey disappoined when the baby turned out to be Sam's
    i thought they was married, i was wrong but it was jr she had helena with. i have to reread catwoman

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    Justice League: Generation Lost. Vol 1 Issue 14
    Thank you for your answer. It's interesting that on that comic Damian was able to live longer than usual by using lazarus pit, when on prior after his death, he was said that he can't be revived by lazarus pit (CMIIW)
    So many Damian's future persona, is it usual for Robins to have that many future possibilities?

I always thought that a good way to introduce Helena Wayne was to reveal Helena Kyle was actually Bruce's kid not Sam's.

I didn't know Sam and Selina were married. Didn't she date Slam Brady. Sam's dad?

I agree. I always find it weird that Selina had daughter named Helena but not with Bruce. If they write Selina had daughter named Helena whom she gave up for adoption then she had daughter with Bruce and named her Helena too, then she decides to keep her, that will be pretty messed up for her character.

But on the other hand, on Batman Brave and Bold they also wrote Batman and Catwoman's son named Damian, so maybe it's kinda common in comic industries.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-03-2020 at 10:38 AM.

I think, if Selena is already pregnant, like for 3 months, and Bruce and she breake up (because it's the title of batman cover, what don't mean too much), so Selina will show up when Helena is almost borning or just born. But I also think they can not brake up because Selena is pregnant and a new BATCAT will be released for not interfer too much in normal storie.
    Again I think Helena will be one more think for break Damian, and this is because Duke will became Robin some years after.
    Was Louis pregnance showed in superman's comics? I don't read superman without Damian or 10 years old Jon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I agree. I always find it weird that Selina had daughter named Helena but not with Bruce. If they write Selina had daughter named Helena whom she gave up for adoption then she had daughter with Bruce and named her Helena too, then she decides to keep her, that will be pretty messed up for her character.

But on the other hand, on Batman Brave and Bold they also wrote Batman and Catwoman's son named Damian, so maybe it's kinda common in comic industries.
    You...you didn't watch that episode, did you?

Which is weird as it's on Netflix. Selina is not Damian's mother. It was a fanfiction written by Alfred and a way for the series writers to get a popular new character acknowledged in their series despite having established that Talia and Bruce have no interest in each other.

That's really messed up that you think Selina is Damian's mom despite the episode being very clear that it was Alfred's fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I think, if Selena is already pregnant, like for 3 months, and Bruce and she breake up (because it's the title of batman cover, what don't mean too much), so Selina will show up when Helena is almost borning or just born. But I also think they can not brake up because Selena is pregnant and a new BATCAT will be released for not interfer too much in normal storie.
    Again I think Helena will be one more think for break Damian, and this is because Duke will became Robin some years after.
    Was Louis pregnance showed in superman's comics? I don't read superman without Damian or 10 years old Jon.
    I don't think Selina is pregnant at all in main continuity. King is done shaping Batman, he said so himself. Everything since his run ended is set in its own continuity.

I REALLY hate that they did that in Brave and the Bold.
    Alfred and his dodgy fan fics.

However a few days ago while passing time scrolling through DC's various twitter account's I discovered why and who made the choice.

James Tucker. He produced the Batman: Brave and the Bold show and he said he to wanted to do the new dynamic duo Dick and Damian. Selina was already set up in that universe and due to episode numbering restrictions they had to just go with it.

He is a fan of Dick and Damian team and had wanted to do more episodes with the duo but sadly the show was only green lit for the number of seasons and he had added responsibilities to boot heading DC's Animation Department.

On different James Tucker and DC Animation Topic it appears that the shared Universe might be a one off and that end might just be the End.

On an old interview on DC.Com James says the connected universe [DCaMU] was a pet project of his.

The suit's took inspiration from Lee's redesign of the JL uniforms and they made the choice to use the new 52 JL comic as inspiration for the story of how the jL comes together in the new connected Universe.
    He goes on to add that they would not be adapting just tales from the new52 but will be sourcing material for all DC's continuity.

This was from a very old interview and Tucker has remained vague on whether the end of JLD:AW will lead us into a new shared universe of movies.

The interview it was intended as one off but hopefully the success of the project will lead to another shared uni.
    One thing is certain, it won't be leading into the Rebirth DCAMU as some have been speculating since there was never a new 52 DCAMU [only 4 out of the 15 movies were based on new 52 comics]

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I don't think Selina is pregnant at all in main continuity. King is done shaping Batman, he said so himself. Everything since his run ended is set in its own continuity.

It's funny really. King has employed the carrot and stick method since he landed on the main Batman title.
    he's still doing the same only the carrot on the end of the stick isn't real just a painting of a carrot.

Unbelievable and at the same time Impressive.

Just process the fact that this man spent like 4 years on 85 issues of Batman.

More than half of which [up till the end of the Knightmares arc] every single that had happened, everyone and all outcomes had been planned and orchestrated by Bane.

Then other half [from the issue where Bruce punched Tim to the point where bruce is about to break Banes back. Before Thomas shot him] was pre planned by Bruce and he was merely acting to fool his enemies who were presumably watching.

ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU

Talk about taking a meme too far

King adds nothing of value to the Batman lore because what we got were puppets and pretence.
    In a run praised by some to show the human side the REAL batbruce we got Puppets and Pretence and Fake outs.

And yet they follow the carrot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    You...you didn't watch that episode, did you?

Which is weird as it's on Netflix. Selina is not Damian's mother. It was a fanfiction written by Alfred and a way for the series writers to get a popular new character acknowledged in their series despite having established that Talia and Bruce have no interest in each other.

That's really messed up that you think Selina is Damian's mom despite the episode being very clear that it was Alfred's fantasy.
    I watched. I know that's only Alfred's fanfiction. Of course I didn't think that Damian is Selina's child for real. I just point out that it's usual for comic industries to borrow popular character's name for new character whose their aspects are completely different than the original, but share one aspect similarity. Like, oh Catwoman's daughter is named Helena, oh Batman's son is named Damian. Yes just like you said it's a way to make a new character get acknowledged by common people.

It's fine for Damian because Batman Brave and Bold exists in different realities and again it's only fanfiction, but for Catwoman's case, if she will have new baby with Bruce and name it Helena when Helena Kyle as Sam's daughter exists, it makes Catwoman (and DC writer) looks uncreative at choosing names.
    So I think either they will retcon Helena Kyle's existence, or just like CPSparkles said they will write that grown up Helena Kyle learns that she is actually Bruce's child all along. But it will make Bruce looks like he never wears condom while having sex with woman, and make him once again unintentionally miss his child's childhood, maybe it's worse on Helena Kyle's case because Bruce helped Selina to hand over Helena Kyle for adoption. I don't know which one is the worse option.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-03-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It's funny really. King has employed the carrot and stick method since he landed on the main Batman title.
    he's still doing the same only the carrot on the end of the stick isn't real just a painting of a carrot.

Unbelievable and at the same time Impressive.

Just process the fact that this man spent like 4 years on 85 issues of Batman.

More than half of which [up till the end of the Knightmares arc] every single that had happened, everyone and all outcomes had been planned and orchestrated by Bane.

Then other half [from the issue where Bruce punched Tim to the point where bruce is about to break Banes back. Before Thomas shot him] was pre planned by Bruce and he was merely acting to fool his enemies who were presumably watching.

ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU

Talk about taking a meme too far

King adds nothing of value to the Batman lore because what we got were puppets and pretence.
    In a run praised by some to show the human side the REAL batbruce we got Puppets and Pretence and Fake outs.

And yet they follow the carrot.
    I agree.

Some people are still waiting for the wedding, even though I think it's pretty obvious that there isn't going to be a real wedding and I'm sure King knew all along there was never going to be one. He also never promised a real one after 50, he said something along the lines of there being something similar, but fans only saw what they wanted to see in his statements and claimed he had promised it, desperately hoping for it for the rest of the run.

The last page of this new story makes it pretty clear it's set in King's annual 2 continuity. Which is not canon. It also wouldn't make sense to use King's story as a set up for Helena in the main book, since the story ends with a grown-up Helena. That's not how you set up a new storyline in the main universe. You probably would have ended with Helena's birth in that case. Batman and Catwoman is most likely also set in King' annual 2 continuity from what he said about the story so far. A story spanning 50 years and ending with the death of your protagonists isn't a main universe story.

That interview with Tynion I have seen a few people use to claim that he confirmed he had to take King's batcat book into account doesn't actually do that. Tynion simply said that it's difficult to write them after the previous run was so centered around that relationship and hints that how he writes them might clash with how King is going to write them in his book. Nothing more. It's not a confirmation for what they claim it confirms.

Of course nothing of this being main continuity doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I enjoy DCeased and it's not main continuity.
    But I don't expect things like Damian and Jon growing up together and being part of a new Justice League to happen in main continuity.
    I also think that after 85 issues of King's Batman and my personal disinterest in the batcat ship I can safely say that it's probably for the better if King doesn't touch main continuity Batman again.
    He didn't add anything of value in 85 issues, Tynion already has me more interested in what happens to Batman in under 10, probably because I don't feel like throwing his version of Bruce repeatedly against a wall because he's so annoying.

If people want to know where main continuity is going they should look at what Tynion is writing on Batman and look at what the new creative team for Catwoman starting September has teased so far, which is heists and crime/action drama.
    They shouldn't look to King.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 06-03-2020 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I REALLY hate that they did that in Brave and the Bold.
    Alfred and his dodgy fan fics.

However a few days ago while passing time scrolling through DC's various twitter account's I discovered why and who made the choice.

James Tucker. He produced the Batman: Brave and the Bold show and he said he to wanted to do the new dynamic duo Dick and Damian. Selina was already set up in that universe and due to episode numbering restrictions they had to just go with it.

He is a fan of Dick and Damian team and had wanted to do more episodes with the duo but sadly the show was only green lit for the number of seasons and he had added responsibilities to boot heading DC's Animation Department.

On different James Tucker and DC Animation Topic it appears that the shared Universe might be a one off and that end might just be the End.

On an old interview on DC.Com James says the connected universe [DCaMU] was a pet project of his.

The suit's took inspiration from Lee's redesign of the JL uniforms and they made the choice to use the new 52 JL comic as inspiration for the story of how the jL comes together in the new connected Universe.
    He goes on to add that they would not be adapting just tales from the new52 but will be sourcing material for all DC's continuity.

This was from a very old interview and Tucker has remained vague on whether the end of JLD:AW will lead us into a new shared universe of movies.

The interview it was intended as one off but hopefully the success of the project will lead to another shared uni.
    One thing is certain, it won't be leading into the Rebirth DCAMU as some have been speculating since there was never a new 52 DCAMU [only 4 out of the 15 movies were based on new 52 comics]
    I hope the next era of DC animation can show Dick and Damian dynamic as Batman and Robin properly. Dick as Batman scene on Batman:Bad Blood hardly enough to satisfy Dickbats era fans like me..
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-04-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Double post sorry

Thank you for your answer. It's interesting that on that comic Damian was able to live longer than usual by using lazarus pit, when on prior after his death, he was said that he can't be revived by lazarus pit (CMIIW)
    So many Damian's future persona, is it usual for Robins to have that many future possibilities?
    I don't know! Maybe because as the blood son he has so many potential!

Also..... Did King just write a heavily pregnant woman...... Fighting the bad guys? I was among those who thought that a heavily pregnant Catwoman on the building would be a dream... So he didn't really wrote a pregnant woman doing dangerous things... Cute and very sweet story. Helena being a Selina with blue eyes was beautiful. But then again it was ridiculous when those panels came. Anyways. I hope you are all safe whenever you are! And I hope things will turn out well for all of you. <3

When I re-read Teen Titans #41 (yes I love to torture myself lately) I realized something. That issue is the last issue written by Glass right? Not only Damian didn't launch any attack on battle with Djinn except became Djinn's moral support and call Roundhouse corny, he didn't have any interaction with Elias or any genie or demon. He looks like he didn't have any role on Djinn war at all (CMIIW). So why on that issue Damian ask the team to trust him to defeat Elias? Okay fine, Glass hates Damian, we've already established that fact, but why on previous issue he wrote that Elias had met Damian before? Elias said 'So good to see you again my boy' or something like that to Damian? And then left that matter without any explanation (just like Jason's Pandora box)? Is it related to the fact that Damian went to hell when he died? I have little knowledge about Dante Inferno, does genie came from hell or something? The more I read that issue, the more I become confused. Anyone can give me some explanation about those matters?
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-05-2020 at 09:20 AM.