Page 144 of 313 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    This looks so good. I'm glad Taylor is interested in Damian. There's a lot of politics behind the scenes at DC.
    Bendis has it in for Damian and has made no attempt at hiding it. Glass oi whatever. The guy is pretty abhorrent and has just been the worst thing to Happen to Damian ever. How can one writer single handedly set back the growth it took nearly 400 comicx appearances to build up,

Thankfully Bendis is a crap seller. Glass is a crap seller and he's leaving. Thing's might be looking up for the character.

I've got something fun to look forward to thanks to Taylor.
    Dead Planet is already looking sick! Can't wait.

spoilers:
    I was bummed at Black Adam's faith. I was hoping that he might join up with the heroes.
    end of spoilers
    The problem with the secret prison, brainwashing and potentially killing criminals again stuff is that if Damian crosses those lines, especially the last one, that all the things we thought he learned in the previous books didn't mean anything.
    This isn't like the Nobody situation where Damian did kill someone, but only did it because he wanted to protect his family. This time Damian seems to go back to his League ways. Which means that even if Damian eventually relearns that killing criminals is wrong it won't really mean anything. The readers know he could cross the line again and the characters would probably know that to.
    It breaks Damian's character arc.

And yes, I know comic characters regress all the time, Bruce keeps relearning to not push people away yadayadayada, but that's not the same. Bruce doesn't stop being a hero because of that. Being nice to his friends and family is not the core of his character. Damian trying to be a better person however is.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    The problem with the secret prison, brainwashing and potentially killing criminals again stuff is that if Damian crosses those lines, especially the last one, that all the things we thought he learned in the previous books didn't mean anything.
    This isn't like the Nobody situation where Damian did kill someone, but only did it because he wanted to protect his family. This time Damian seems to go back to his League ways. Which means that even if Damian eventually relearns that killing criminals is wrong it won't really mean anything. The readers know he could cross the line again and the characters would probably know that to.

And yes, I know comic characters regress all the time, Bruce keeps relearning to not push people away yadayadayada, but that's not the same. Bruce doesn't stop being a hero because of that. Being nice to his friends and family is not the core of his character. Damian trying to be a better person however is.
    I think DC want Damian to have constant struggle between Batman No Killing and Al Ghul Mercilessly Killing rule as his main conflict which they will repeated for him many, many times. Just like Raven's countless battle with Trigon, or Starfire with Blackfire.

If it's true, definitely disapprove that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I think DC want Damian to have constant struggle between Batman No Killing and Al Ghul Mercilessly Killing rule as his main conflict which they will repeated for him many, many times. Just like Raven's countless battle with Trigon, or Starfire with Blackfire.

If it's true, definitely disapprove that plan.
    I find "Boy was raised to be an evil world leader but tries his hardest to be a hero" a much more compelling and inspiring story. Killing will never be seen as heroic in a Batman comic and since Damian is Bruce's bio son his chances of getting away from Batman comics are basically zero.

Yep I agree. I was hoping for the longest time that Glass was just challenging Damian. Progress and development isn't always forward.
    I don't mind the Prison, Ihave issues with the mind wiping. All these are thing's we've seen better and more experienced heroes do. Even the ones who don't have the luxary of being only human.

I don't even mind heroes killing nor do I mind grown Damian who is an anti-hero but Damian should remain true to his ideology/direction of his story or his beliefs.

Damian believes that innocent people should be protected, shouldn't suffer and he's willing to die for that.
    His direction is redemption and Proving that his nature is heroic and good.

He isn't just an Al Ghul nor is he just a Wayne. Damian is something different. He is Damian so I'm cool with him being more pragmatic than Bruce and more conventionally Heroic than the Al Ghul's [they are eco terrorists so ...]

Glass however hasn't given us reason enough for Damian to change direction. He is just doing because reasons which is bad.

I don't normally hate writers since they are only creating in an attempt to entertain but Glass seems to be malicious and deliberate in what he is doing. He isn't creating to entertain. It feels more like he is tearing down on purpose.

However Glass is leaving and DC's office's are full of writers who are keen to use Damian in a positive manner. So what ever he destroys will hopefully get fixed in time. look at Injustice Damian or Animated universe Damian.

I would pay Bendis to stop attempting to write Damian.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    We have seen most of the other preview art so I thought I would at least post the brand new ones that feature Damian, also it meets exactly the three image limit.

Attachment 97472

Attachment 97473

Attachment 97474
    What happened here? The humans affected for the Antilife Equation mutated into these monsters years later?
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-11-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Same here.

What happened here? The humans affected for the Antilife Equation mutated into these monsters years later?
    It's probably just a random alien threat to showcase the new Justice League in action at the start of the story.

Place your bets which of the new Trinity will sacrifice themselves and become a zombie!

Im super looking forward to Dead Planet!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Place your bets which of the new Trinity will sacrifice themselves and become a zombie!

Im super looking forward to Dead Planet!
    cassie. She's the odd one out.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    However Glass is leaving and DC's office's are full of writers who are keen to use Damian in a positive manner. So what ever he destroys will hopefully get fixed in time. look at Injustice Damian or Animated universe Damian.
    Hopefully. It was pretty weird how Damian acted completely different from Glass' Damian in every other title he showed up in during Glass' run.
    Damian was very loyal to Bruce in every story I can think of.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

someone asked Tynion if Damian will be in Joker War and here is what he said "Sorry! Damian's role in Gotham is being shaped by the events of Teen Titans, but we've got a larger plan about when he'll come back in, strong to the Bat-Books. We've got a big, big plan."

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...68824356847626

I feel like he is going to leave the bat family..

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    someone asked Tynion if Damian will be in Joker War and here is what he said "Sorry! Damian's role in Gotham is being shaped by the events of Teen Titans, but we've got a larger plan about when he'll come back in, strong to the Bat-Books. We've got a big, big plan."

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...68824356847626

I feel like he is going to leave the bat family..
    Well, the TT solicits keep teasing him losing the Robin identity...

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    For our bad luck, he's still scheduled to write Event Leviathan : Checkmate, and he said on there there's "treat" for Damien and Talia's fans. I don't know when it will come out though, because every time I want to open newsarama solicitation, +gamesradar site always popped out instead.
    That's because Newsarama has been deleted, and it's staff moved to GamesRadar+ where they're pretending to keep the brand active. With the archive gone, annoying ads, and a prompt to go to the UK site whenever I click on an American link, Newsarama is effectively dead.

Use CBR or AIPT instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the TT solicits keep teasing him losing the Robin identity...
    I really hope this doesn't happen. I already have suspicions that we aren't going to see Damian in Nightwing 73 when he fights the "people he loves the most", since Tynion is determined to keep him largely out of Joker War.

I don't mean to be tinfoil-hat-y, but I know that Tynion prefers Tim by far and it really colors his writing of the other Robins. I am cautious about how he's going to handle the character in future batbooks, and I would dislike it tremendously if Damian was ousted from the role for any reason.

1. I feel Damian has been written OOC in Glass' Teen Titans and his character has been regressed for the sake of the narrative.

2. I don't want to see any other Robins, to be honest. Five is already a LOT, and symbolically Damian should be the last with how he mirrors Dick, unless it's some distant future where one of Dick or Damian's kids takes up the role.

3. I like Bruce as a character but I think he's been written the past few years as utterly negligent of Damian's wellbeing, from disregarding his own son's life to send him into Gotham against Thomas Wayne alone, to not dealing with the fallout of Damian's guilt of indirectly causing Alfred's death on Bruce's order and now not being there for him when he's distraught enough to kill the KGBeast for hurting Dick. I know that he's old enough to make his own choices, but I can't help but read all of these things and feel like he's painfully without guidance or support right now without his father, Jon, Alfred or Dick. Taking Robin away from Damian would further demonstrate that he can't meet this kid's needs.

(I also hate the idea that Bruce gets to decide who is Robin. It was Dick's mantle and he chose Damian. Bruce can decide not to be his partner in the field, which he hasn't really been since the New52, but he shouldn't be able to prevent Robin as a solo hero).

Also, hello. Long time lurker but (second) time posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    I really hope this doesn't happen. I already have suspicions that we aren't going to see Damian in Nightwing 73 when he fights the "people he loves the most", since Tynion is determined to keep him largely out of Joker War.

I don't mean to be tinfoil-hat-y, but I know that Tynion prefers Tim by far and it really colors his writing of the other Robins. I am cautious about how he's going to handle the character in future batbooks, and I would dislike it tremendously if Damian was ousted from the role for any reason.

1. I feel Damian has been written OOC in Glass' Teen Titans and his character has been regressed for the sake of the narrative.

2. I don't want to see any other Robins, to be honest. Five is already a LOT, and symbolically Damian should be the last with how he mirrors Dick, unless it's some distant future where one of Dick or Damian's kids takes up the role.

3. I like Bruce as a character but I think he's been written the past few years as utterly negligent of Damian's wellbeing, from disregarding his own son's life to send him into Gotham against Thomas Wayne alone, to not dealing with the fallout of Damian's guilt of indirectly causing Alfred's death on Bruce's order and now not being there for him when he's distraught enough to kill the KGBeast for hurting Dick. I know that he's old enough to make his own choices, but I can't help but read all of these things and feel like he's painfully without guidance or support right now without his father, Jon, Alfred or Dick. Taking Robin away from Damian would further demonstrate that he can't meet this kid's needs.

(I also hate the idea that Bruce gets to decide who is Robin. It was Dick's mantle and he chose Damian. Bruce can decide not to be his partner in the field, which he hasn't really been since the New52, but he shouldn't be able to prevent Robin as a solo hero).

Also, hello. Long time lurker but (second) time posting here.

Welcome to the Damian Wayne Appreciation Thread. It's great to have you join us.

Yeah it doesn't sound good at all for Damian which is ****.

The worst part is that he's about to lose this in a forced way. He has been acting OCc . That's the thin g that stings. If Damian was doing this for a reason that I could buy then I'd say **** it and support him. However he isn't being himself.

Anyway not long now and we'll see what goes down

I still don't think Damian is losing Robin. I can see him grounded for sometime or falling out with Bruce where he walks away disillusioned but I don't believe the company is about to change Robin.