Page 147 of 313 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 4692

I doesn't matter if we would consider Damian a villain for killing or not. If DC decides to treat him like one he will be considered a villain in the DC universe.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Crush being the new leader? I have my doubts on weather the remaining members even choice her or she just appointed herself, and if anything it's the latter; otherwise it would make zero sense as she's not even close to leader material because she's the one that likes to just charge in without thinking the most. Red Arrow or KF should lead in Damian's absence, period. We can't blame Glass anymore because he's done, this is Thompson's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    She's not exactly get along with Emiko, and she once called Kid Flash Damian's boyfriend or something.
    Actually, she gets along quite well with, Emiko as evident from issues #22, #27, #31, and #37. Next to Djinn she's closet to Emi, who would be the one usually keeping Crush sane and calm if Djinn wasn't there. Roundhouse DID get along with Crush as well before the trapping Djinn in her ring, so they might be strain now. Kid Flash is probably the only one left not exactly the best of friends with her. He'll probably reject the idea but do little about it as he tends to do the entire run.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's going missing. Crush is the new leader of the Teen Titans!

TEEN TITANS #45
    written by ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    ON SALE 09/15/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    After the shocking events of last month’s Teen Titans Annual, Crush has been named the new leader of the Teen Titans. With Damian Wayne missing, can Crush hold the teen team together? And now that she’s in charge, which villains will Lobo’s daughter go after first? And will Red Arrow, Kid Flash, and Roundhouse follow their hotheaded new leader into battle?
    I do not know what to think. Damian and Djinn were my reasons to read this comic and both are out..

Not sure if continue in this for Red Arrow.. She is not the new leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    This bring me memories. Is almost like return to the day that I saw Rebirth Damian sketches.

I like your Damian design.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-13-2020 at 01:36 AM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Crush being the new leader? I have my doubts on weather the remaining members even choice her or she just appointed herself, and if anything it's the latter; otherwise it would make zero sense as she's not even close to leader material because she's the one that likes to just charge in without thinking the most. Red Arrow or KF should lead in Damian's absence, period. We can't blame Glass anymore because he's done, this is Thompson's doing.

Actually, she gets along quite well with, Emiko as evident from issues #22, #27, #31, and #37. Next to Djinn she's closet to Emi, who would be the one usually keeping Crush sane and calm if Djinn wasn't there. Roundhouse DID get along with Crush as well before the trapping Djinn in her ring, so they might be strain now. Kid Flash is probably the only one left not exactly the best of friends with her. He'll probably reject the idea but do little about it as he tends to do the entire run.
    Sorry, I'm really not great at noticing relationship (either friendship or romance) when it's not very obvious. That's why when on issue 41 we were shown that Emiko loves Kid Flash, I am probably the only one who is shocked even though actually they got many hints on this TT run. On this team, relationships who are obvious enough for me is Crush-Djinn borderline romance, Kid Flash-Roundhouse broship, and Damian-Emiko professional teammate. But when I think deeply again, Emiko and Crush are quite friends with each other. So perhaps that explains this picture :

Screenshot_2020-06-13-15-45-05-094_com.instagram.android (1).jpg

That picture is from TT #44, one issue before issue when Crush is the leader. So there's possibility that Emiko herself who ask Crush to be leader. Even though why will she choose Crush and not Kid Flash when she once admitted that Kid Flash has the most moral ground among them and even asked him for advice is beyond me.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-13-2020 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Oh Wow Crush is the new Leader1? The only one of them that can be found being Promoted on Glass's Social media?!
    Colour me surprised.

Yeah I'm done with this
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    lolol This is a joke right? Glass is delusional. The Main Man can barely make not to talk about this knock off.
    Uh, guys? You do realise Glass has left the book, right? You should be blaming Thompson.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    I know some JL heroes HAVE killed, such as WW and GA, but it's not a common thing by any stretch and is presented as a moral failing most of the time, ex. the Maxwell Lord incident with Diana.

Batman is NOT fine with killing, no matter who or where, in or outside of Gotham. He was even disappointed in Dick for preventing a criminal from being killed when he could have stopped it. It's literally his most defining stance.

Red Hood used to kill, sure, but not anymore, which is why Bruce gave him another chance, agree or disagree on that stance. As soon as he showed willingness to kill again during the Penguin incident, Bruce beat him pretty savagely.

I agree personally, killing doesn't make Damian a villain in my eyes, but it would act against the development he's had since his introduction. As long as he's a Bat character, which will be always, killing will never be positioned in a morally positive or even justifiable light. It's Batman's world; all other characters are just living in it.

However, if Damian did kill again, it wouldn't make him irredeemable or something Bruce is unable to forgive. The last time Damian killed a man was in the New52, Nobody, and Bruce certainly didn't disown him for that. I guess it would depend on the context. And the writer.

What I mean is, whether or not the reader personally agrees, Batman doesn't kill or approve of killing, and especially in Gotham you play by those rules or not at all.
    For me, the term of villain is always means one thing, someone who want, will, and intentionally harm innocent people. That's why even Jason's UTRH and Morrison day is not considered a villain for me. And you don't have to kill to be a villain. Someone who abuse childs? Villain. Someone who rape helpless woman? Villain. That's why I'm not very fond of DC's 'definitely no killing' and 'any physical damage is fine as long as it doesn't kill' morale concept. And I think the only thing that prevent Damian from killing villains are Dick's tutelage, his honor and promise to his father. Dick is gone and already on Joker's grasp, and if because TT annual or something before it he lost his respect to Bruce, it's understandable if then he rebels and just follows his own version of justice.

But yeah, if Damian will kill again, it definitely will create rift between Batman and Damian. Rather, I think it must create rift between Batman and Damian. Some fans of other Robins already berated DC writer because Bruce's reaction of Damian's killing tendencies is rather weak compares to Bruce harsh reaction to other Robins killing (in Dick's case, almost killing and failed to save), something like 'favorite blood son privilege'.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-13-2020 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    "However, if Damian did kill again, it wouldn't make him irredeemable or something"
    Reading this now I totally agree that Damian killing would be the worst regresses of all. Maybe he get really close and then say "I am not going to do this", DRAMATIC, but I would not know how Damian will go way from comics if this happening, maybe it could be like movie when he goes to Tibet for stay with monks? Lazy.
    Maybe Damian have some more solo like "Robin son of Batman". The secret about why He was called "baby Hitler" will define next comics :/ I don't think it's gonna be good for fandom.

I think talk a couple words without fight with this characters don't make this " quite well with them", they are team workers, everybody needs to do this in job, you know? Like saying "good morning, how are you? Oh, nice.", this is the dynamic of this group, she didn't care if someone DIE, she can't say incentives words unless she is in love.

Sorry, I'm really not great at noticing relationship (either friendship or romance) when it's not very obvious. That's why when on issue 41 we were shown that Emiko loves Kid Flash, I am probably the only one who is shocked even though actually they got many hints on this TT run. On this team, relationships who are obvious enough for me is Crush-Djinn borderline romance, Kid Flash-Roundhouse broship, and Damian-Emiko professional teammate. But when I think deeply again, Emiko and Crush are quite friends with each other. So perhaps that explains this picture :

That picture is from TT #44, one issue before issue when Crush is the leader. So there's possibility that Emiko herself who ask Crush to be leader. Even though why will she choose Crush and not Kid Flash when she once admitted that Kid Flash has the most moral ground among them and even asked him for advice is beyond me.
    It is just a image when Emiko is behind Crush, means nothing. Emiko may ask Crush to be the leader, but still make no sense. No matter how much I think, Crush as TT leader is like Lobo being JL leader.

Thanks, >3<)/ I want he to have elements of my favorite design, that is his Robin debut, but that some one to see know it's not a canon design, so I put this bulletproof vest (super easy to notice in closer scenes), but when this became black white I still think need to be more different. Any suggestion?

Still Kid Flash and Emiko relationship was EXCELLENT if you compare with Kid Flash and Raven forced couple. Lol. I think Kid flah don't fit in this group anymore.

Fantastic Member

I going to keep reading to see what happens. Crush being the leader of the Teen Titans probably happened because Emiko hasn't been thinking well of herself since the crossover with Deathstroke. Also she unlike KF did go along with Damian's more extreme methods. I kind of look at this way Crush may be the "leader" but Emiko would most likely make tactical decisions for the team. Also since Emiko and Crush get along she probably asked Crush to do it since she didn't feel good enough to lead the team. I will keep reading I got this far and the fact that I can't predict what will happen next is really fun for me.

As many people can tell I am not one of those people who constantly thinks characters have to be in a good place. They can have conflicts with others or themselves. Comics are one of those mediums that often has cyclical nature Damian and Djinn will be back. So I will keep reading.

Some positive Damian stories. I'm going to splash out on both the Special movie Variant [V for Vendetta] above and the normal cover. put my TT funds to Better use.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Some positive Damian stories. I'm going to splash out on both the Special movie Variant [V for Vendetta] above and the normal cover. put my TT funds to Better use.
    Great idea.

Loving the Kyrptonite sword. I see Tom Taylor Is a fan of JLD AW

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Uh, guys? You do realise Glass has left the book, right? You should be blaming Thompson.
    Uh you do realise this is still Glass' story?

uh You do realise that this has been set up way before Thompson ever got this gig?

I'm not going to blame a writer for a story they don't have ownership of. That's like Blaming City of Bane on Tynion.

Thompson has zero say here he's just completing a story he walked into so plz less of that.