Page 148 of 313 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Great idea.

Loving the Kyrptonite sword. I see Tom Taylor Is a fan of JLD AW
    my one gripe is that Damibat looks so much like Brucebat

My Damian's wish list.

Offspring Heroes - A group with Damian, Jon, Maya, and other two heroes. (It's just like TT, but with other name).
    Offspring heroes - Besties Special - It's Damian, Damian's pets, including Jerry the Turkey, and BB.
    Super Sons - with Damian and Jon confessing love, with a ending that is not "ohh, we did it, but let's act like don't happened and suffer in silence and prolong this for one decade".

I am in the "negation" phase. Early I was in the "rage" phase.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Remind me people who are still reading (which is not me, lol)

How does the difference of portrayal between Damian in Teen Titans, Justice League, Leviathan, Batman and Detective? Especially the latest appearances
    - He still angry at Batman for whatever happened in No Justice that caused his actions in Teen Titans?
    - He still blamed himself for Alfred's death?
    - Bruce still hasn't done anything about that?
    - He still begrudgingly working with Batman or Batfam when necessary?

Mine follow up question would be his relationship with Jason following Leviathan and their meeting in Teen Titans Annual, but that can wait.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Remind me people who are still reading (which is not me, lol)

How does the difference of portrayal between Damian in Teen Titans, Justice League, Leviathan, Batman and Detective? Especially the latest appearances
    - He still angry at Batman for whatever happened in No Justice that caused his actions in Teen Titans?
    - He still blamed himself for Alfred's death?
    - Bruce still hasn't done anything about that?
    - He still begrudgingly working with Batman or Batfam when necessary?

Mine follow up question would be his relationship with Jason following Leviathan and their meeting in Teen Titans Annual, but that can wait.
    Okay, it seems like this TT run want to establish the fact that between Batman and Damian collision, Damian IS the angry side, Damian IS the closed side, like Batman already tried his best but Damian rebels and become secretive and turn evil yadda yadda.

This is Damian from Detective Comic

Look who's there for his loved one's birthday Bruce...

This is Damian from Batman City of Bane

The 'still angry' Damian was willing to be literal sacrifice when Bruce and Selina had couple yoga on beach, and still acknowledge Bruce as family

This is Damian from Nightwing annual 2

The 'rebellious' and 'still angry' Damian defended Bruce when Dick was angry to Bruce because his 'shock therapy', something that Damian think it's not a good idea and looking that they still did it, apparently Bruce ignored his opinion
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-14-2020 at 06:03 AM.

This is Damian from... honestly I forgot where this is come from hehehe

13 years old Damian, came home to eat or take a rest from mission maybe, looked at the refrigerator and deduced that Bruce didn't take care of himself, left that note because he was worried about his father. What an evil son indeed..

And THIS IS what Bruce did all this time.

On Alfred R.I.P, Damian is maybe the only one who didn't blame Bruce for what happened (Ric isn't count). He wasn't even angry at Bruce even though he literally watched with his own eyes how Bane broke Alfred's neck, how it was sound, and that's because he just follow Bruce's plan. He even take the blame to himself, and beat himself for it.

That's why I swear.... IF they will make it as if Damian is the one who has FULL FAULT on their collision, just like they did about TT's brainwashing method, if they make Damian the rebel one, the angry one, the evil one, IF whatever Bruce will do on annual that makes Damian lost his Robin title and literally MISSING is justified, and they say that it's what Damian DESERVE..... well DC, before I was your hater solely because of my distaste of outside panty, now it looks like I will have solid reason for my hatred
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-14-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay so to summarize everything, Damian is angry at Bruce, but he doesn't want to lose Dick so he approves of Bruce's method, and he still places Alfred's life in higher priority than his own life and anger at Bruce, and he's there for Bruce's birthday because his anger was at his method and it doesn't mean he hates him personally (That's the feud, right? He thinks Bruce's method is not enough?).

Astonishing Member

Given that this is already inevitable, now the most important thing is that this should be Damian's decision. It has to be his decision, no Bruce's. Because if Batman will just stupidly kick him out, then that's it, finish. After that, looking at him as a normal character simply won't be possible.
    And there is still a moment that could smooth the corners between these two. I read the assumption a few days ago that maybe all of this description of Annual can actually be one complete misleading, and in fact Damian will meet there not with Bruce, but with Batman Who Laughs. And this the actual reason why Damian is considered missing and doesn't appear in Joker War, because BWL abducted him and turned into Robin King, whom, for some reason, Snyder did not show in anticipation of Death Metal and said that his identity was hiding intentionally, in order to surprise readers. So maybe that's can be the reason. It is, of course, far-fetched, but on the other hand Death Metal by that time will already be underway and there should be some kind of connection. And so far nothing is known about Damian in this event, although he should appear.

Fantastic Member

Well Thompson who is the one who wrote the Damian and Bruce story in the 80th anniversary issue for Robin. He showed that not only does Damian blame himself for Alfred's death but feels the other members of the family blame him too. Although, its not true Babs especially ends up being upset with Bruce for his treatment of Damian and basically tells him that he ran off with Salina and didn't bother to look after Damian during this time.

Not to mention Thompson doesn't make Damian's tone towards Bruce as angry but really not knowing what to do now that he's taken his current path we see in Teen Titans. Thompson writes him as a 13 year old boy who is dealing with guilt who needs guidance from his father but doesn't know how to ask for it and repair their relationship. Bruce is in the boat of one not knowing Damian is carrying guilt for Alfred's death but also not knowing how to repair his relationship with his son. He knows something is going on with Damian but worries that if he comes in guns blazing he could lose him forever. When it comes to Alfred's death Babs is the one who calls out Bruce saying that he basically allowed Damian to place the guilt on his shoulders instead of addressing what happened. She also talks about Bruce not being a good father to any of his sons right now when they need him the most.

So, no Thompson and other writers don't make Damian the bad guy or evil. But rather a child who really wants and needs guidance. He doesn't have Dick or Alfred right now so Bruce has to step up as a parent and provide it.

Which I like Bruce for a while now has gotten to skate by on his parenting of Damian because of Alfred and Dick being huge positive figures in his life. But it shouldn't be that way Bruce is supposed to be Damian's father not Dick or Alfred even though they have both done a great job with him. I am not saying that Damian and Bruce don't love each other but Bruce needs to step up and be Damian's father right now not Batman. Especially if he has another child on the way.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 06-14-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay so to summarize everything, Damian is angry at Bruce, but he doesn't want to lose Dick so he approves of Bruce's method, and he still places Alfred's life in higher priority than his own life and anger at Bruce, and he's there for Bruce's birthday because his anger was at his method and it doesn't mean he hates him personally (That's the feud, right? He thinks Bruce's method is not enough?).
    Yes, he thinks Bruce's method is not enough and Bruce literally didn't give him any reason to believe him. Bruce didn't give him any talk, any explanation, just this :
    30b336d0-13d2-4775-9382-3023cbaa2644.jpg
    He literally let him be? Bruce literally let his 13 years old son, former assassin son, unstable teenager son to do as he please and didn't check him out?

Now let's imagine that you go hiking together with your son, your 13 years old son. You point him a good path to climb the mountain. When your son ask you, why do we must take this path, you answer 'believe me son, I'm more experienced than you about how to climb this mountain. This path is the right path'. You're right of course, no one will deny it. But what if your 13 years old son doesn't believe you, and say 'No! This path is too long! This path is not effective! I will find my own way to climb this mountain!'. Will you say 'okay son, I'll let you find your own way, and I'll come to you only when you do some mistakes' ? Or will you follow him, check him out, warn him, guide him??????????

Just, I don't care that as big hero he probably can't spend all his time watching over his son, I will say that Bruce Wayne is utterly, definitely failed as parent. Hell, like okay after Alfred died, if he want to starve himself, go ahead. But as father you have a responsible to gave your son something to eat????? Not only the money, you have responsible to provide meals on your house for your son?????? A healthy food, because your son is on development age so you can't just give him money and let him buy junk food for himself or something?????????
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-14-2020 at 07:09 AM.

Fantastic Member

If anyone wants to see Bruce absolutely get told off and told about his mistreatment of his sons. Read Batgirl after Alfred's death. Babs really let's Bruce have it. Quite frankly I wish more writers would use Babs this way. Because unlike most of the Bat kids Babs knows what a good father looks like. She has one of the best in the DC Universe in my opinion. Also Babs doesn't lose a father by telling Bruce he is wrong unlike the boys. So, in this issue we really see her tear Bruce a new one and its really good.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    If anyone wants to see Bruce absolutely get told off and told about his mistreatment of his sons. Read Batgirl after Alfred's death. Babs really let's Bruce have it. Quite frankly I wish more writers would use Babs this way. Because unlike most of the Bat kids Babs knows what a good fathe5 looks like. She has one of the best in the DC Universe in my opinion. Also Babs doesn't lose a father by telling Bruce he is wrong unlike the boys.
    I have no interest in letting Bruce have it. I want him to heed and change. Unlike some Damian fans I don't mind Bruce forgetting Damian's Birthday or the whole thing of Damian and Tim not been seen in batman titles/the manor = Bruce is negligent. I understand that there's a real world reason for this.

However i'm sick of the lipservice. I'm sick of fans placing blame on batman and the batman writers when Glass, lobdell and the like purposefully write Bruce as a dead beat and fail to build the relationship back up [lobdell does try at times]

I don't want the Batgirl writer handling this. I want Thompson handling it. I wanted Glass to handle it since he set it up.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I have no interest in letting Bruce have it. I want him to heed and change. Unlike some Damian fans I don't mind Bruce forgetting Damian's Birthday or the whole thing of Damian and Tim not been seen in batman titles/the manor = Bruce is negligent. I understand that there's a real world reason for this.

However i'm sick of the lipservice. I'm sick of fans placing blame on batman and the batman writers when Glass, lobdell and the like purposefully write Bruce as a dead beat and fail to build the relationship back up [lobdell does try at times]

I don't want the Batgirl writer handling this. I want Thompson handling it. I wanted Glass to handle it since he set it up.
    I am not to worried about Thompson handling it to be honest. I liked his work during the Robin 80th anniversary issue which is going to be continued in the annual. He writes Bruce as a father who doesn't know how to connect with his son at the moment and Damian as a child who wants to talk to his father about issues going on in his life but doesn't know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Okay, it seems like this TT run want to establish the fact that between Batman and Damian collision, Damian IS the angry side, Damian IS the closed side, like Batman already tried his best but Damian rebels and become secretive and turn evil yadda yadda.

This is Damian from Detective Comic

Look who's there for his loved one's birthday Bruce...

This is Damian from Batman City of Bane

The 'still angry' Damian was willing to be literal sacrifice when Bruce and Selina had couple yoga on beach, and still acknowledge Bruce as family

This is Damian from Nightwing annual 2

The 'rebellious' and 'still angry' Damian defended Bruce when Dick was angry to Bruce because his 'shock therapy', something that Damian think it's not a good idea and looking that they still did it, apparently Bruce ignored his opinion
    I really wish TT handled this whole change in direction and MO better. There's so much they left unexplained not to mention the fact that later issues are now trying to convince us that Damian was in the mind wipe MO all alone when we have previous issues which contradict that.

I wish Tt had given us more of the disagreement between father and son.
    Given us more info on Jason mentoring Damian. What part did he play in this?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I am not to worried about Thompson handling it to be honest. I liked his work during the Robin 80th anniversary issue which is going to be continued in the annual. He writes Bruce as a father who doesn't know how to connect with his son at the moment and Damian as a child who wants to talk to his father about issues going on in his life but doesn't know how.
    He hasn't given us much on Damian's motivation's and is seemingly going along with Glass' retcon of everything being Damian's idea so I don't have any reason to have faith in him yet

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He hasn't given us much on Damian's motivation's and is seemingly going along with Glass' retcon of everything being Damian's idea so I don't have any reason to have faith in him yet

I am willing to suspend judgment on him having to follow Glass' retcon. Sometimes writers have to put up with aspect of characters that maybe problematic to the story they want to tell. I just want to see how he handles it and how he will handle the team in September with Djinn and Damian gone. It will be nice to see other members get some character development.