Page 150 of 313 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 4692
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It seems that you might be right and none of this is on Glass.

The decision and Damian's arc in TT might have been partly mandated. Robin is afterall a corporate character so the decision isn't made by a single writer or editor.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/batma...77910/?page=94

Check out the bottom of the page. Damian fanboy and Glass convo
    Some fans have no chill
    Oh god comicvine. That site is full of barbaric fans. Especially most of topics on there are Someone vs Someone, which should I say pointless except it's connected to the main plot. I'm glad I found CBR community, at least in here we can have logical and healthy discussion, even though some of CBR articles don't make any sense

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Kid Flash has the morality, but no backbone whatsoever and it doesn't help that the others(except Roundhouse) ignore him when he calls them out. I do agree that Emiko asking Crush to lead would be out of character.
    I think the role as leader is the backbone Kid Flash need to change the team toward DC's style of good morale team, at least like Dick or Tim's team. Emiko loves him and Roundhouse is his best friend, so if he become leader, he already has 2 person who devoted to him. If Emiko chooses him as leader, Roundhouse will definitely agree and Crush maybe mostly doesn't really care, if she objected that she will still lose by majority votes. As leader, Kid Flash opinion will have more value than as a mere member. My first choice of replacement leader after Damian is Emiko, next is Kid Flash.

Besides, isn't the core three of this group is supposed to be Damian, Emiko, and Wallace? Why it's always Crush, Djinn and Roundhouse who become the pushing plot? It's not like Emiko and Wallace is an old character like Starfire and Raven, whom their plot, character and conflict already established multiple times. Emiko and Wallace is also new characters, much newer than Damian, they still have many good potential plot and development, why they always get pushed back? I feel sorry to Emiko or Wallace fans who read TT for their favorite character. At least we still have Batman Beyond and DCeased, unlike them.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-14-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Not sure if this thread already talked about this, but what are your theories on Robin King?

Connected to Damian? Another version of Bruce? Something entirely different?
    According to a tweet Snyder made he'll get his own special during the Death Metal event after his short story in Dark Nights: Death Metal Legends of the Dark Knights. He also teased that Robin King might be his scariest creation yet, but stayed pretty secretive about his background.
    It might just be another evil Bruce, but what are your thoughts on this? Could he also be a alternative version of Damian?

It seems that you might be right and none of this is on Glass.

The decision and Damian's arc in TT might have been partly mandated. Robin is afterall a corporate character so the decision isn't made by a single writer or editor.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/batma...77910/?page=94

Check out the bottom of the page. Damian fanboy and Glass convo
    Some fans have no chill
    Wow! So it was indeed a hit job. If this is to be believed.

If the decision or direction was already agreed then they could have at least tried to make seem more organic. It's just feels so forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Not sure if this thread already talked about this, but what are your theories on Robin King?

Connected to Damian? Another version of Bruce? Something entirely different?
    According to a tweet Snyder made he'll get his own special during the Death Metal event after his short story in Dark Nights: Death Metal Legends of the Dark Knights. He also teased that Robin King might be his scariest creation yet, but stayed pretty secretive about his background.
    It might just be another evil Bruce, but what are your thoughts on this? Could he also be a alternative version of Damian?
    I'm leaning towards Dick Grayson or Duke.

Duke because Synder said he had plans for Duke [he didn't specify if it was Death Metal related]
    Dick because he's the OG Robin so in a way the King of all the Robins. He was Robin into his late teens which means Synder doesn't have to write bad things happening to a kid and he's the only Robin Synder actually is a fan of.

Although Synder also tweeted that an Adult version of Damian has a short story in Legends when asked if Damian was going to be a part of the event.

I wasn't aware Robin king also had a short story in Legends of the Dark Knights now I'm wondering if that slip is a hint?

It might be Damian but I feel since we saw Dark Damian in Metal this time it's going to be someone else.
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-15-2020 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I'm leaning towards Dick Grayson or Duke.

Duke because Synder said he had plans for Duke [he didn't specify if it was Death Metal related]
    Dick because he's the OG Robin so in a way the King of all the Robins. He was Robin into his late teens which means Synder doesn't have to write bad things happening to a kid and he's the only Robin Synder actually is a fan of.

Although Synder also tweeted that an Adult version of Damian has a short story in Legends when asked if Damian was going to be a part of the event.

I wasn't aware Robin king also had a short story in Legends of the Dark Knights now I'm wondering if that slip is a hint?

It might be Damian but I feel since we saw Dark Damian in Metal this time it's going to be someone else.
    Could be Dick, but the name Robin King might simply be a title because the Batman Who Laughs has all those other Robins and this one might stand above them. Dark Damian had that position in Metal before he was killed. Dick is the original Robin, but he also hasn't been Robin in a long, long time.

No idea what Duke is doing at the moment, he's in Batman and the Outsiders and that's all I know about him right now.

Legends of the Dark Knights is supposed to include Robin King's origin story. Snyder said the story with an adult Damian would be in the death metal guidebook about evil batmen, so if that's true and Snyder didn't get the books mixed up I guess it's unlikely that Robin King is Damian.
    The only reason I thought about the possibility is that even with Damian losing the mantle in August he's still the most recent Robin.

Honestly more likely to be Jarro than Damian. Williamson and likely Morrision Batman being the foundation for Metal was the reason we got any Damian in Metal. Synder had originally said he wasn't going to be in it till Williamson pitched Dick and Damian looking for Bruce [Gotham Resistance]

I can see Synder wanting to use other characters who missed out on a good role in metal especially since this time he has a whole multiverse not just 7 worlds.

If one of the Batmen is literally a living city then there are no limits on who Robin King could be

Honestly more likely to be Jarro than Damian. Williamson and likely Morrision Batman being the foundation for Metal was the reason we got any Damian in Metal. Synder had originally said he wasn't going to be in it till Williamson pitched Dick and Damian looking for Bruce [Gotham Resistance]

I can see Synder wanting to use other characters who missed out on a good role in metal especially since this time he has a whole multiverse not just 7 worlds.

If one of the Batmen is literally a living city then there are no limits on who Robin King could be
    I doubt it's Jarro. Robin King is supposed to be extremely scary. Also a regular Death Metal issue already teases the arrival of "everyones favorite wannabe Robin", that sounds more like Jarro.
    Robin King is most likely pretty evil.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 06-15-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    If anyone wants to see Bruce absolutely get told off and told about his mistreatment of his sons. Read Batgirl after Alfred's death. Babs really let's Bruce have it. Quite frankly I wish more writers would use Babs this way. Because unlike most of the Bat kids Babs knows what a good father looks like. She has one of the best in the DC Universe in my opinion. Also Babs doesn't lose a father by telling Bruce he is wrong unlike the boys. So, in this issue we really see her tear Bruce a new one and its really good.
    I will definitely read this. The only thing I didn't like about Barbara in Alfred RIP is that she didn't talk with Damian, since she was the only not idiot for notice how much Damian needed help, she could look for Damian after her noticed Bruce was not going to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Yes, he thinks Bruce's method is not enough and Bruce literally didn't give him any reason to believe him. Bruce didn't give him any talk, any explanation, just this :
    Attachment 97578
    He literally let him be? Bruce literally let his 13 years old son, former assassin son, unstable teenager son to do as he please and didn't check him out?

Now let's imagine that you go hiking together with your son, your 13 years old son. You point him a good path to climb the mountain. When your son ask you, why do we must take this path, you answer 'believe me son, I'm more experienced than you about how to climb this mountain. This path is the right path'. You're right of course, no one will deny it. But what if your 13 years old son doesn't believe you, and say 'No! This path is too long! This path is not effective! I will find my own way to climb this mountain!'. Will you say 'okay son, I'll let you find your own way, and I'll come to you only when you do some mistakes' ? Or will you follow him, check him out, warn him, guide him??????????

Just, I don't care that as big hero he probably can't spend all his time watching over his son, I will say that Bruce Wayne is utterly, definitely failed as parent. Hell, like okay after Alfred died, if he want to starve himself, go ahead. But as father you have a responsible to gave your son something to eat????? Not only the money, you have responsible to provide meals on your house for your son?????? A healthy food, because your son is on development age so you can't just give him money and let him buy junk food for himself or something?????????
    I think I just found someone is more hatter than me in "batman is the worst dad in earth".
    I don't know about this climb analogy. He guarantees a good break fast, but will not eat together, if someone became upset about this he will ignore the problem at this looks like disappeared , and he will runs way when someone needs a hug.
    He loves Damian, but can't handle with someone he can't control. He is not supportive with Damian doing what he wants, he is just more coward than awarded for have a conversation.

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.************/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRzOXPJbmSg2vvYN3QHpky0zZurcTc zMdxSyRI-fgdN-mVRCq_D&usqp=CAU[/IMG]

Is this a abandoned idea, or a alternative universe or a no canon storie?
    Nobody talk about this here, but for me now is the time that Damian can lost his contact with Batfamily and lost himself in a way for Bruce don't even know where/how he is/ is he alive.
    I think Damian maybe decides stop being Robin in a "you don't fire me, i quite " style, for don't need to deal with one more rejection.
    For me the only way Damian don't lose himself in a bad path now is if Bruce says "i love you son" + feelings conversation + hug or Dick coming back and holding Damian for go way.

How will Dick react if he came back and discovery that Damian went way because of a fight with Bruce, and he will remember about Alfred RIP and it's going to be a snowball of disaster? I just tought about this, should get some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.************/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRzOXPJbmSg2vvYN3QHpky0zZurcTc zMdxSyRI-fgdN-mVRCq_D&usqp=CAU[/IMG]

Nobody talk about this here, but for me now is the time that Damian can lost his contact with Batfamily and lost himself in a way for Bruce don't even know where/how he is/ is he alive.
    I think Damian maybe decides stop being Robin in a "you don't fire me, i quite " style, for don't need to deal with one more rejection.
    For me the only way Damian don't lose himself in a bad path now is if Bruce says "i love you son" + feelings conversation + hug or Dick coming back and holding Damian for go way.

How will Dick react if he came back and discovery that Damian went way because of a fight with Bruce, and he will remember about Alfred RIP and it's going to be a snowball of disaster? I just tought about this, should get some sleep.
    The picture isn't working, at least not for me. So I don't know what exactly you're talking about.

I don't think the annual will end in a good way. Teen Titans 45 says Damian is missing after the annual, Tynion says Damian won't show up in Joker War even though almost everyone else in the family is taking part in it, the art from the annual Eduardo Pansica, the artist for the annual, has posted on his Instagram has Bruce looking pretty grim and Damian kinda cocky, so honestly I expect Damian to get a beatdown in this and then vanish.
    This run never really let Damian have a triumphant moment, I don't expect to get one now. The book seems only interested in humiliating him and proving him wrong.

I wouldn't count on Dick saving the day either. Dick is still not completely back in September and when he is I'm not sure if Damian will be the writers first priority.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 06-16-2020 at 04:32 AM.

I think I just found someone is more hatter than me in "batman is the worst dad in earth".
    I don't know about this climb analogy. He guarantees a good break fast, but will not eat together, if someone became upset about this he will ignore the problem at this looks like disappeared , and he will runs way when someone needs a hug.
    He loves Damian, but can't handle with someone he can't control. He is not supportive with Damian doing what he wants, he is just more coward than awarded for have a conversation.
    My point of climbing analogy, you can't just let your 13 years old child to do difficult thing by himself just because the said child told you that he already decided to do things on his own way, doesn't check him or watching over him, and then go angry on the child when the child do something you don't like. I don't want Batman, and the writers put all the blame to Damian, and make him the only wrong one. Many fans like to picture him as mature character, but for me he's as immature as 13 years old can be. I just lost my teenager title on March before, but if my 13 years old relatives come to me and say "I will do this difficult and dangerous thing with my own way and I will not follow your way" I will be very worried and at least ask "hold on, what exactly your own way will be?"
    I know he did the same with Dick, and the result is Teen Titans, but Dick is 18 that time and not former assassin.

I'm not exactly Batman hater, nor I see him as worst dad in earth. He has his good father moments, but right now, he's downright bad not only for Damian but for his other children as well. I hope some competent writers will fix that, and no, one random hug is not the way to fix it (like they did on Jason's case, and many cases before). Let him talk and use his words goddammit, you are freaking writer and Batman is not a gorilla. I certainly have my hope for Tynion, scene when Bruce depicted each Robins good aspects to Damian on Batman & Robin Eternal is one of my favorite Batman moment.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-16-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Do you post that picture on different thread and copy the link to this thread? Because this site will shorten the link you've posted and I think this red part is the problem
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-16-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

They, it seems to me now, just want to follow the path of Dick and Jason (especially Jason, given that they are just alike), in that sense, to make Damian go on an absolutely independent path, and give him different alias. Setting everyone against him, starting up a series of terrible events and completely destroying relationship with his father is a cheap trick, but for them this is apparently the only acceptable way to do this. Such an idiotic vision of character. And, perhaps, this just goes into this certain Tynion plan for Batfamily in 2021, he, in fact, confirmed that Damian will return to batcomics. The truth is how they will do it and what it will be - that’s another question and pretty dangerous one.
    And by the way, it seems to me that Damian will not return to the Titans. DC already, in fact, intentionally signed that he simply does not fit into this team, he could not get along in the original concept of the team, and he simply set up a new team against himself. I would like to see something else, but it seems that the only person who is now really interested in socializing Damian is Tomasi, who is clearly there in the minority in terms of the vision of this character.