Page 151 of 313 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 4692

Looking at the disaster this apparently editorially mandated current plan for Damian shapes up to be I just don't have enough trust left in the way DC handles Damian to believe their next plan for him to be good.
    Tynion can claim they have "big, big plans" for him as much as he wants, I don't trust DC.
    The execution of Damian's fall is just too messy, thoughtless and disrespectful to the previous work done on his character for me to believe that DC got this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    They, it seems to me now, just want to follow the path of Dick and Jason (especially Jason, given that they are just alike), in that sense, to make Damian go on an absolutely independent path, and give him different alias. Setting everyone against him, starting up a series of terrible events and completely destroying relationship with his father is a cheap trick, but for them this is apparently the only acceptable way to do this. Such an idiotic vision of character. And, perhaps, this just goes into this certain Tynion plan for Batfamily in 2021, he, in fact, confirmed that Damian will return to batcomics. The truth is how they will do it and what it will be - that’s another question and pretty dangerous one.
    And by the way, it seems to me that Damian will not return to the Titans. DC already, in fact, intentionally signed that he simply does not fit into this team, he could not get along in the original concept of the team, and he simply set up a new team against himself. I would like to see something else, but it seems that the only person who is now really interested in socializing Damian is Tomasi, who is clearly there in the minority in terms of the vision of this character.
    I hope that Damian doesn't come back to the Titans, but DC has shown a tendency not to see the writing on the wall. Intentionally or unintentionally they've turned Damian into 'team obliterator' the character but they may include him on future rosters for cheap drama.

Astonishing Member

They may want to keep him there because of sales, probably. Without him it will be hard to sale with current line-up.
    But otherwise entire "Damian in Teen Titans" plot seems like complete failure. Damian failed as Titans member in Pre-Flashpoint era, he failed with the first team (if to be more precise, he just turned away from them even after all those words about "friends" etc) and now failed with the second team. And this is in contrast with Dick and Tim, for whom the Titans were a family, just like Batfamily, especially for Dick. And now we have Damian, who failed with them three freaking times (the third time was complete his damn team), because writers just for some reason don't want him to be on good terms with them. So, from a logical point of view, it's time to end it all, the whole point is that he's not the leader and not team player with others. Or change the damn approach to the team, maybe Tomasi could handle it, or someone else, and at the same time add Jon and Maya to the team, who at least could help his character.
    The problem is that all this stagnation of Damian is hurting the Titans themselves, who were simply turned into a group of toxic kids, although this very team should have been a ray of light and hope.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-16-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Amazing Member

I liked he isn't a team player neither a leader but it's fine, he could be the lancer, the plainer or the brain in a team, it makes him different but not in a bad way. The trust issues are an aspect to explore and there are consequences for his actions and for the team's actions which are worthy things to address, his team could be used to accomplish specific things but they don't need to become a family, pragmatic reasons to gather a team are valid, not nice but useful either way.
    Last edited by Dazai_Osamu; 06-16-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

They may want to keep him there because of sales, probably. Without him it will be hard to sale with current line-up.
    But otherwise entire "Damian in Teen Titans" plot seems like complete failure. Damian failed as Titans member in Pre-Flashpoint era, he failed with the first team (if to be more precise, he just turned away from them even after all those words about "friends" etc) and now failed with the second team. And this is in contrast with Dick and Tim, for whom the Titans were a family, just like Batfamily, especially for Dick. And now we have Damian, who failed with them three freaking times (the third time was complete his damn team), because writers just for some reason don't want him to be on good terms with them. So, from a logical point of view, it's time to end it all, the whole point is that he's not the leader and not team player with others. Or change the damn approach to the team, maybe Tomasi could handle it, or someone else, and at the same time add Jon and Maya to the team, who at least could help his character.
    The problem is that all this stagnation of Damian is hurting the Titans themselves, who were simply turned into a group of toxic kids, although this very team should have been a ray of light and hope.
    I feel like the current line up(except for Emiko and Kid Flash) are probably heading for limbo after this run.

I just had this vision and want to comment, I know it is totally impossible, but, imagine Damian is angry and Bruce and Damian are in this big conflict and Bruce says "I just want to say one more thing" silence silence silence "happy birthday" because in I was Robin just made 1 year since Damian went away for the manor and now he's 14 years. Plot twist (I think).
    I knoooow this is too much manga and is not going to happen, and just this couldn't fix anyanyanything, but would be precious.
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 06-16-2020 at 06:54 PM.

***Trying repost

Is this a abandoned idea, or a alternative universe or a no canon storie? Nobody talk about this here, but for me now is the time that Damian can lost his contact with Batfamily and lost himself in a way for Bruce don't even know where/how he is/ is he alive.

My cronology for this would be:
    - Now Damian break up with Batfamily
    - He completely disappears, anybody knows where he is, what is he doing and even if he is alive.
    - So Bruce is getting older and need a new Robin, who is Duke.

* It is from "Future’s End Batman and Robin #1"
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 06-16-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Everybody wants Damian-Jon-Maya + some others characters team.
    First Damian's TT have 3 characters of original series, what I though was a lazy idea, now all characters are new and have any TT vibes. We need a half term. actually I keep thinking Crush unbalance the team. She has all bad Damian's characteristics but any Damian's good characteristics. And she is a "bad person" too.

Sorry, I needed to share this:

Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 06-16-2020 at 07:20 PM. Reason: share image

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post

***Trying repost

Is this a abandoned idea, or a alternative universe or a no canon storie? Nobody talk about this here, but for me now is the time that Damian can lost his contact with Batfamily and lost himself in a way for Bruce don't even know where/how he is/ is he alive.

- He completely disappears, anybody knows where he is, what is he doing and even if he is alive.

duke already 15 he has his own identity, its better for him to not be robin
    robins die

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post

***Trying repost

If Duke become Robin and discard his Signal identity, somehow I will see it as character regression. I think Robin title is just like student title, when you find you own identity name, that means you've graduated from Robin and become full-fledged hero.

It's the same case with Tim. Someone I know on twitter said that with Damian's loss on Robin title and Bendis leaving, it's the best opportunity for Tim to discard Drake title (which nobody likes) and reclaim Robin title. But I think it will be Tim's character regression. Like or not, he already separated himself from Batman sidekick status and become full-fledged hero, first as Red Robin, and now as Drake.

(But on the other hand, on latest Young Justice issue Tim's teammate called him Robin. I already give up on understanding Bendis's way of thinking
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-16-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    If Duke become Robin and discard his Signal identity, somehow I will see it as character regression. I think Robin title is just like student title, when you find you own identity name, that means you've graduated from Robin and become full-fledged hero.

It's the same case with Tim. Someone I know on twitter said that with Damian's loss on Robin title and Bendis leaving, it's the best opportunity for Tim to discard Drake title (which nobody likes) and reclaim Robin title. But I think it will be Tim's character regression. Like or not, he already separated himself from Batman sidekick status and become full-fledged hero, first as Red Robin, and now as Drake.
    Robin could be a regression, but it is also a brand name with a strong recognition and connection to Batman

It is more likely writers want to use a character that has Robin identity than a character that has the Signal identity.
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-16-2020 at 10:38 PM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

This picture is debuted on latest DC comic issues like Nightwing annual 3, Young Justice, Batman and The Outsiders, etc. Not gonna lie, at first i thought that meme is fan made, like Batman slap social distancing version. Turns out it's official from DC. It's funny because it's true, it's hurt because it's true, so I don't know I want to laugh or cry.

I wonder if they will use that meme on Teen Titans annual...
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-16-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Mighty Member

(But on the other hand, on latest Young Justice issue Tim's teammate called him Robin. I already give up on understanding Bendis's way of thinking
    Actually its kind of logical that he gets called ROBIN.

If you read ACTION COMICS than you know that he identified himself to SUPERMAN as Robin,because he changed his identity during YJ and he is known to others as RED ROBIN or ROBIN.

Could also be that he's already changed his mind about the Drake thing, after Steph complained about the costume last issue.

Do you post that picture on different thread and copy the link to this thread? Because this site will shorten the link you've posted and I think this red part is the problem
    [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.************/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRzOXPJbmSg2vvYN3QHpky0zZurcTc zMdxSyRI-fgdN-mVRCq_D&usqp=CAU[/IMG]
    That wasn't the problem. Those asterisks were caused by the swearing filter. Whatever website they linked to must be blacklisted here. I see it's been reposted, so the problem is solved anyway.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-17-2020 at 12:48 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If they make Tim Robin again he's officially the guy who can't evolve and move on.
    How old is he right now? 17?
    It would actually be a pretty sad statement about his character if DC makes him Robin again.
    But Bendis making terrible decisions is nothing new I guess.