Page 155 of 313 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Oh for the love of God, Bendis really said that? On where? I don't really mind if Tim will get his Robin title back but please not under Bendis's writing.

At this point, I'm not surprised if Damian will outgrown Tim, not only on height but also on age. I can see DC will age-up Damian if they want to make him as villain or independent hero and Tim is 16 years old for like eternity.
    I recall something on his twitter page recently. I believe the link is available on the Tim Drake thread and on here. It's the same interview where he says he has more plans for Damian and Talia in Leviathan

The link should be on the last couple of pages of the Tim thread on tthis site

Perhaps they will age-up Damian like they did with Jon. Hell, they didn't hesitate to write 10 years old got tortured on volcano planet for 5 years, they can pull the same stunt to Damian and make him get tortured somewhere for a long time, but unlike Jon (even though I still think that's impossible even for him), Damian will get messed up on head. Then add bonus point of angst to Bruce by write him blames himself for letting that happen to his son.
    Man, sometimes I'm scared of my own idea.

Damian in Terry's comic is not very bad I think. He got LoA's assets, cool costume, and Bathug. The whole plot is basically he built a nuke and announce it to the world so Terry will come to him, then because Bruce knew that Terry is no match for Damian, he also went to stop Damian. On that book, Damian knew that Bruce is alive and active from his bank account activity, and Bruce also knew Damian alive as Demon Head because he's the greatest detective in the world. But both of them didn't want to approach the other first (Damian tried but Terry is already on Bruce's side), hence the nuke.
    Sigh, why must they wait for something to get exploded first for them to talk with each other?

In Supersons, that future is created by Hypercube imagination (who is apparently a JonDami shipper), so not canon, but I agree that it's refreshing to see Damian grow old together with his best friend and shares stories with their grandchildren.
    No... Still too bad for me, ah, I forgot it was Hypercube imagination :/ So, no happy life for Dami at now...

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Accordsing to Bendis Tim is getting yet another identity. It might be Robin. Tim clearly can't move on and a large subsection of fans can't move on so while it's regression I don't think those fans mind.

The same fans who every week make lots of threads hoping, saying or suggesting it's time for Damian to die or get lost so Tim can be Robin again and the shortest bat again
    Which shows once and for all that Tim is not a great character. he's made to be Robin and can't be anything else with any sort of success... And if Damian gets a really great new identity, at the next reboot/change of reality, I expect him to be the Robin before Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    It's okay if I people hate me for this, but hardcore Tim fans are probably the most annoying side of the batman fandom to me. The character is okay, but some of the fans...
    Agree.

The Robin fandom is pretty toxic in general due to been forced to compete against each other but fans of certain Robins [the ones who feel like they are treated like DC's red headed middle kid] can be extreme and just take it too far.

I recall what some Tim fans did to Duke here or a Jason fan who tried to rig a favourite Robin poll on here just so Damian doesn't win or something.
    That is pathetic and unhealthy. These characters are fictional.

No one likes seeing their favourite treated/written badly but when you find yourself attempting to rig something like a useless comic forum poll or calling for another characters death then it's time to find another hobby.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I think Tim is still more popular than Damian.
    No, he's not. The maximum they are equal now, but obviously he's not more popular. He was, but he’s been used much less for a long time, plus, during New 52 his character was pretty hurt. Damian was used way more than him, that says something.
    No one will erase him, relax. We're getting reboot anyway, he obviously will have a place there. Maybe even better, than anyone think. We just have to wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    But I don't think a character being popular can hold him. Alfred is dead Dick is Ric and Bruce stayed like 2 years without showing up.
    All of that was Didio's decisions, especially with Dick. They kicked his ass out of company. So, I believe we'll see some changes.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-18-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Which shows once and for all that Tim is not a great character. he's made to be Robin and can't be anything else with any sort of success... And if Damian gets a really great new identity, at the next reboot/change of reality, I expect him to be the Robin before Tim.
    Is Bendis even trying though. Bendis keeps talking about how Tim is the best Robin. is not was
    He still sees Tim as Robin.
    Much of fandom and even artists working for DC still default to Tim Robin when drawing or writing him. I find that interesting. These people rardless of everything still see Tim as Robin or co-Robin which sadly means he'll never move on

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    No, he's not. The maximum they are equal now, but obviously he's not more popular. He was, but he’s been used much less for a long time, plus, during New 52 his character was pretty hurt. Damian was used way more than him, that says something.
    No one will erase him, relax. We're getting reboot anyway, he obviously will have a place there. Maybe even better, than anyone think. We just have to wait.

All of that was Didio's decisions, especially with Dick. They kicked his ass out of company. So, I believe we'll see some changes.
    Tim isn't anywhere as popular as Damian or any of the other Robins.
    Not only is he not as popular, most of the general public don't even know he is a thing

Tim's lack of outside media exposure means that he is largely unknown to the world out side of comics.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-18-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Then his origin must get some changes. Tim became Robin because of Batman's grieving over Jason's death. To put Damian between Jason's Robin period and Tim's Robin period, I don't know how that will work.

I think that's why Tim story is so difficult to get featured on other media such as live action TV or animation movie. His origin is heavily related to Robins before him, so to explain Tim's origin they must include Dick and Jason and that will increased the budget.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-18-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Is Bendis even trying though. Bendis keeps talking about how Tim is the best Robin. is not was
    He still sees Tim as Robin.
    Much of fandom and even artists working for DC still default to Tim Robin when drawing or writing him. I find that interesting. These people rardless of everything still see Tim as Robin or co-Robin which sadly means he'll never move on
    Well, Bendis isn't writing Batman (but he leaves Superman next year and we don't know, where will he go next, damn), so, he can talk whatever he want)
    Anyway, all Robins are awesome. I just hope that they'll do better things for both of them after reboot.

Then his origin must have some changes. Tim became Robin because of Batman's grieving over Jason's death. To put Damian between Jason's Robin period and Tim's Robin period, I don't know how that will work.

I think that's why Tim story is so difficult to get featured on other media such as live action TV or animation movie. His origin is heavily related to Robins before him, so to explain Tim's origin they must include Dick and Jason and that will increased the budget.
    That is an origin that DC has been kicking back against.
    new 52 erased it.

It makes batman look very bad.

I think DC would pay someone to help them get rid of that... Hold on they did.

They can just change his origin

Well, Bendis isn't writing Batman (but he leaves Superman next year and we don't know, where will he go next, damn), so, he can talk whatever he want)
    Anyway, all Robins are awesome. I just hope that they'll do better things for both of them after reboot.
    Robin isn't in Batman.
    Robin was in YJ and bendis is still going to be writing YJ

DC isn't having a Reboot are they?

I assumed Death metal might lead to the fractured Dc time being mended but didn't know it was a reboot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Robin isn't in Batman.
    Robin was in YJ and bendis is still going to be writing YJ
    I guess Tim is not gonna stay there next year.
    But again, he can talk whatever he wants, but at the end it's not him, who chooses Batfamily's direction, so, it doesn't really matter right now if he sees him as true Robin or doesn't.
    By the way, I think, that the best option is get rid of Robin title at all. Just give Damian and Tim new aliases (Drake is horrible).

DC real life Team looks like a mexican novel. but think about this.

There is Black Panter movie:
    1 - They made the movie because the character was popular?
    2 - The movie was made and the character became more popular?

Aquaman is the best exemple of how a character that nobody have deep interest can become popular.
    Big Companys can decide what peoples wants, I think Steve Jobs said this.

"No one will erase him, relax. We're getting reboot anyway, he obviously will have a place there. Maybe even better, than anyone think. We just have to wait. " But I will save this phrase in my heart, you was the first person making me be otimistic of the next issues (>TuT)>

I guess Tim is not gonna stay there next year.
    But again, he can talk whatever he wants, but at the end it's not him, who chooses Batfamily's direction, so, it doesn't really matter right now if he sees him as true Robin or doesn't.
    By the way, I think, that the best option is get rid of Robin title at all. Just give Damian and Tim new aliases (Drake is horrible).
    The point I was trying to make is that part of Tim's inability to move and the hate/bias against Damian as Robin is due to the writers and fans.

Astonishing Member

Tim getting a new identity/going back to Robin or Red Robin is just Bendis caving in and catering to butthurt fans who dislike the codename 'Drake'. In my humble opinion Drake is a better codename than Red Robin. Drake sounds slightly intimidating while Red Robin makes me think of an overpriced fast food restaurant.