Page 16 of 313 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It sounds like he writes him like a normal little kid, which is kinda cute, but also weird.

That one scene where Damian saw 17-year-old Jon the first time and just chucked him Batarangs without saying anything until he finally yelled what happened feels more Damian.
    Correction! Bendis writes Damian like a slightly miffed, normal little kid. Not all that dissimilar from Battle for the Cowl Damian, sadly.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Correction! Bendis writes Damian like a slightly miffed, normal little kid. Not all that dissimilar from Battle for the Cowl Damian, sadly.
    How can I forget Damian stealing Batmobile to nyoom around with a goth chick and then screamed mommy when he almost got nommed by Crocomire

Basically a less amusing version of the Damian in Harley Quinn.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Suffice it to say I don't think this issue is going to change people's minds on how Bendis writes Damian.
    And the worst part is, he probably sees no reason to improve his writing of them. Bendis writes almost every character the exact same, he will keep writing them this way and nothing is going to change :/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I keep giving him a fair chance because he's clearly in this for the long haul and he's handling two of some of my favorite characters but....I just want this man away from DC, so bad.
    What does DC even see in him? What kind of contract does he have?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I doubt it'll change much he's still a teenager and his team mates are about similar ages to him so TT will still be his team. I know that they teased Damian's sisters being needed to save him.

Perhaps everyone in the Batfamily is about to die which is why Superman is needs to find this unknown sister.
    Isn't Damian (and his team) about to die (again) to save Djinn in march?
    Maybe the Teen Titans will spend 5g in purgatory lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    What does DC even see in him? What kind of contract does he have?
    Only that he's worldbuilding Marvel since 200...5? I don't remember, but it was a very long run. He created Miles Morales, the Civil War, and so on.

Only that he's worldbuilding Marvel since 200...5? I don't remember, but it was a very long run. He created Miles Morales, the Civil War, and so on.
    Are we counting Civil War as a positive mark on his track record?

Are we counting Civil War as a positive mark on his track record?
    It's better than Civil War 2, inspired a movie, and defined the Cap vs Iron Man for a whole generation... it was controversial but he brings in money and the word of mouth. The first time I heard Marvel doing anything in a long time was because of his run. Avengers Disassembled, House of M, Miles Morales, Civil War, its effect on Peter and MJ, and all the events afterward. I didn't even look at Marvel before that.

If I'm not mistaken he's been compared to Morrison. The run divided fans and changed a female character for a long time. Talia for Morrison and Wanda for Bendis. It's like there were two Marvels in the modern era. Pre-Bendis, and Post-Bendis. At least until Nick Spencer came and caused new controversy.

Wait, I thought we were talking about Civil War 2 (one of the last big strikes I held against him at Marvel). How involved was he with the first Civil War? He certainly didn't write it.

Wait, I thought we were talking about Civil War 2 (one of the last big strikes I held against him at Marvel). How involved was he with the first Civil War? He certainly didn't write it.
    CV was Mark Millar's event, as far as I recall.
    CVII was Bendis. And Avengers Disassembled. And House of M. And a few other events.

I think Hickman may have had a bigger role handling the Marvel Universe as a whole concept in the early to middle 10's than Bendis had, though.

Incredible Member

I don't know much about Marvel, but according to Wikipedia Civil War was written by Mark Millar and Civil War II was written by Bendis. And for some people Civil War II seems to be one of the worst Marvel events in recent memory, but I can't comment on that.

Edit: You got there first.
    Last edited by Ansa; 01-14-2020 at 07:19 AM.

Oh, wait he did write Civil War 2, not 1. I thought he wrote the first one because I viewed Disassembled. New Avengers, House of M and Civil War kinda back to back, so I thought he did that too.
    Secret Invasion is the one he wrote.

And yeah, 2 is the bad one, but by that time I already stopped paying attention, so I only heard word of mouth.

Back to topic, mistakes aside, my point was, despite fans not liking the stories, it doesn't matter for DC. They have Tom King and Heroes in Crisis, Remender and Identity Crisis, Morrison when he first created Damian was also hated. They're used to that kinda thing. As long as the writer can world build, bring money and garner attention that's what matters. That's what they've been doing.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-14-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I don't know much about Marvel, but according to Wikipedia Civil War was written by Mark Millar and Civil War II was written by Bendis. And for some people Civil War II seems to be one of the worst Marvel events in recent memory, but I can't comment on that.

Edit: You got there first.
    Yeah both Civil Wars were dumb and featured MULTIPLE character assassinations (both literally and figuratively) but the second one (which Bendis did write) was one of the most awful crossover events I'd ever had the displeasure of reading. It even briefly brought back that annoying habit Bendis gave the young Jean Grey, where she'd knowingly invade other people's minds, with no regard for their privacy.

She's probably the only person he writes with worse care than Damian. And that's saying something considering he's the one who created her xD

Back to topic, mistakes aside, my point was, despite fans not liking the stories, it doesn't matter for DC. They have Tom King and Heroes in Crisis, Remender and Identity Crisis, Morrison when he first created Damian was also hated. They're used to that kinda thing. As long as the writer can world build, bring money and garner attention that's what matters. That's what they've been doing.
    As Claude would say, point of order: Identity Crisis was Brad Meltzer, not Remender.