Page 160 of 313 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 4692
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Damian's defining character trait is starting to look like 'team killer'.
    For at least the past two years, DC, unfortunately, has almost shouted that Damian is not suitable for the Titans. And in this regard they create a strong contrast with Dick and Tim, for whom they were friends, family and a ticket to independent life without Batman.
    Damian, in turn, failed where they succeeded. And twice. All attempts to become better than Batman led to lies and bloodshed, he ruined the team twice (and also he quickly left Titans before Flashpoint), and he was never able to build at least normal relationship with them, even despite the attempts. True, he is justified by the fact that they themselves were shown like assholes (SuperSons of Tomorrow say hi), but the consensus of the DC writers seems to be just that, unfortunately.
    That is why I think that after August they will generally remove him from the Titans, at least for a while.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-21-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    That is why I think that after August they will generally remove him from the Titans, at least for a while.
    According to 45 he's definitely missing and it doesn't sound like the team is looking for him, so yeah sounds like it for now.

Which asks the question where he'll show up next while he's "missing"
    According to Tynion not in Joker War. He did promise Damian would be back to the Batman titles eventually. That could take a few months though if you ask me.
    Detective Comics has a special in September, the last few specials always had one story connected to current events in the main universe, but if Damian will show up in there is unclear.
    I don't think Damian should show up in another team book to recover from Teen Titans, but who knows.
    Right now DC is ending a lot of books, most likely preparing to relaunch a lot of them. I'm not sure if DC would be willing to give Damian a solo book right now. It's what I would like to see the most, but DC is a company, they have to consider financial aspects as well, not just creative ones.
    Last option I can think of is Damian simply vanishing for a few months until either Teen Titans or one of the batman titles feels like using him again.

Thoughts?

When is Dceased Dead Planet Out?
    Damian hopefully will pop up all over the place in different titles like he always does till he sorts thing's out with Bruce.

Doomsday Clock teased future Damian stories with Helena.

Sadly with all the scrambling and power grabs going on behind the scenes at DC a lot of plans are up in the air.

I'm curious o know what motivated DC's decision re Damian.

WB is working on a new Batfamily game not based on the Arkham series. Curious to find out more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    According to 45 he's definitely missing and it doesn't sound like the team is looking for him, so yeah sounds like it for now.

Which asks the question where he'll show up next while he's "missing"
    According to Tynion not in Joker War. He did promise Damian would be back to the Batman titles eventually. That could take a few months though if you ask me.
    Detective Comics has a special in September, the last few specials always had one story connected to current events in the main universe, but if Damian will show up in there is unclear.
    I don't think Damian should show up in another team book to recover from Teen Titans, but who knows.
    Right now DC is ending a lot of books, most likely preparing to relaunch a lot of them. I'm not sure if DC would be willing to give Damian a solo book right now. It's what I would like to see the most, but DC is a company, they have to consider financial aspects as well, not just creative ones.
    Last option I can think of is Damian simply vanishing for a few months until either Teen Titans or one of the batman titles feels like using him again.

Thoughts?
    Titans will be relaunched for sure. They, of course, will keep these characters (at least Emiko and Wally for sure), but I think they either mix them with Raven's elder Titans (if they'll be a thing after Death Metal) or they'll just add some new characters like Jon, for example. Actually, it's even make sense in terms of this story - to have Jon there to help "redeem" Titans after Damian's actions. Or it can be Tim, or even Young Justice members.
    Regarding where he'll show up next, it can be immediately after relaunch. I still think that he can get his solo series. He's popular and if he'll get new alias, well, it's a good way to develop him as something new. I'm not sure, but it's really possible. Detective Comics can have some tease-story, just like Robin 80-anniversary had story, which is leading to August Annual.
    Or maybe it can happen in Joker War finale (Tynion maybe just doesn't want to spoil), something like saving the day, arriving at the last moment to fight with Joker, maybe even already under new alias. Anyway, in Nightwing tie-in description there was a mention of Robins, who Dick will be fighting. And Jason wasn's associated with this alias for a long time. So, we'll see. Anyway he'll use him later.
    Oh, and also, if Gotham Knights will include Damian, I guess he'll be used more frequently in Batcomics, to help promote game. He can appear, because originally it was planned to have him as a protagonist of next Batman game, so, I think we can see him there.

Titans will be relaunched for sure. They, of course, will keep these characters (at least Emiko and Wally for sure), but I think they either mix them with Raven's elder Titans (if they'll be a thing after Death Metal) or they'll just add some new characters like Jon, for example. Actually, it's even make sense in terms of this story - to have Jon there to help "redeem" Titans after Damian's actions. Or it can be Tim, or even Young Justice members.
    Regarding where he'll show up next, it can be immediately after relaunch. I still think that he can get his solo series. He's popular and if he'll get new alias, well, it's a good way to develop him as something new. I'm not sure, but it's really possible. Detective Comics can have some tease-story, just like Robin 80-anniversary had story, which is leading to August Annual.
    Or maybe it can happen in Joker War finale (Tynion maybe just doesn't want to spoil), something like saving the day, arriving at the last moment to fight with Joker, maybe even already under new alias. Anyway, in Nightwing tie-in description there was a mention of Robins, who Dick will be fighting. And Jason wasn's associated with this alias for a long time. So, we'll see. Anyway he'll use him later.
    Oh, and also, if Gotham Knights will include Damian, I guess he'll be used more frequently in Batcomics, to help promote game. He can appear, because originally it was planned to have him as a protagonist of next Batman game, so, I think we can see him there.
    Why would they have Jon help redeem the team? The team should redeem itself.

Not sure why some are thinking Death metal is a relaunch. It isn't.

LOSH, YJ and TT are individual franchises operating out of different areas and times periods under different offices. Unlikely that any of the members are going to be crossing over. The TT will carry on till Damian returns.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Who said it isn't?) It's Crisis-type event, which is connected to all of them, and also connected to Doomsday Clock and Manhattan. Entire universe is doomed, lots of people are dead, and Diana, Bruce and Wally's goal is to reset BWL and Perpetua actions, and also undo all Crises. Snyder already said, that the main goal is to fix timeline, which was hurt by Crises, that's why all of this Anti-Crisis thing is existing. So, yeah, that's a relaunch. Not like New 52 probably, but it will relaunch universe in some way.
    They would have him to replace Damian, because Titans won't have popular enough member if he will be gone. It's just speculation.

Astonishing Member

The only character I see making it to the next TT run is Wallace.

Astonishing Member

Why would they have Jon help redeem the team? The team should redeem itself.

LOSH, YJ and TT are individual franchises operating out of different areas and times periods under different offices. Unlikely that any of the members are going to be crossing over. The TT will carry on till Damian returns.
    Death Metal is probably going to wind up as a psuedo- reboot, not an official one like Crisis, but it will probably alter continuity/ canon, most likely by making things more convoluted. That first issue was am incoherent mess, I worry about what's to come.

Not sure how adding Jon would redeem the team either. The entire franchise needed redemption long before the current roster came into play.

The way to redeem the Titans franchise is to have a good run with established members. If a writer manages a good run with unestablished members/ new characters, fans will be saying it doesn't count Titans in name only or say that the established members were shafted.
    Last edited by king81992; 06-22-2020 at 04:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Wrong word, not my first language, sorry)
    I was meaning having him to help them become better team, something like that, to help in a way Damian couldn't. It's not needed, of course, just an idea, that they can use. Who knows.
    If we talk about team's redemption, at first they need a really good writer.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

When is Dceased Dead Planet Out?
    Damian hopefully will pop up all over the place in different titles like he always does till he sorts thing's out with Bruce.
    DCeased Dead Planet will come out on June 30. Also I think DCeased : Hope at World End issue #4 will come out on June 30 too, from Tom Taylor's preview pic, that issue will be featuring Jon and Damian.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-22-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Doomsday Clock teased future Damian stories with Helena.

Sadly with all the scrambling and power grabs going on behind the scenes at DC a lot of plans are up in the air.
    I'm not really up to date with all things surrounding doomsday clock, crisis and relaunches because I kinda don't care that much, but I don't think that possible future in doomsday clock is going to matter much going forward.

I don't like the idea of Damian having to be saved by a new Helena anyway. The only one I would accept is Earth 2 Helena, they already have history and she's an adult.

Who said it isn't?) It's Crisis-type event, which is connected to all of them, and also connected to Doomsday Clock and Manhattan. Entire universe is doomed, lots of people are dead, and Diana, Bruce and Wally's goal is to reset BWL and Perpetua actions, and also undo all Crises. Snyder already said, that the main goal is to fix timeline, which was hurt by Crises, that's why all of this Anti-Crisis thing is existing. So, yeah, that's a relaunch. Not like New 52 probably, but it will relaunch universe in some way.
    They would have him to replace Damian, because Titans won't have popular enough member if he will be gone. It's just speculation.
    Synder also said that it isn't a reboot or a relaunch it's just fixing the fractured timeline that's all.
    It's not like New 52 and it's not like Rebirth. It's not even like Final Crisis.

Synder has nothing to do Titans Franchise and the comic doesn't generate the type of capital to be taken into consideration when making decision as big as replacing Damian.

[Damian's solo sold more than this book] Comics barely factor in when such decision are made since the real value adding avenues for brands like TT and Robin are outside media and the wider on comic reading market.

TT comics can survive without Damian/Robin. With how much they despise this run I doubt majority are wasting their money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I'm not really up to date with all things surrounding doomsday clock, crisis and relaunches because I kinda don't care that much, but I don't think that possible future in doomsday clock is going to matter much going forward.

I don't like the idea of Damian having to be saved by a new Helena anyway. The only one I would accept is Earth 2 Helena, they already have history and she's an adult.
    I believe that tease was for Earth 2 Helena. Doomsday Clock also announced their return

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Synder also said that it isn't a reboot or a relaunch it's just fixing the fractured timeline that's all.
    It's not like New 52 and it's not like Rebirth. It's not even like Final Crisis.

Synder has nothing to do Titans Franchise and the comic doesn't generate the type of capital to be taken into consideration when making decision as big as replacing Damian.

[Damian's solo sold more than this book] Comics barely factor in when such decision are made since the real value adding avenues for brands like TT and Robin are outside media and the wider on comic reading market.

TT comics can survive without Damian/Robin. With how much they despise this run I doubt majority are wasting their money on it.
    I am curious, why Damian never seems to have persistent series with persistent writer (excluding Morrison as his original creator)? Many of his project was canceled, like Robin Son of Batman, Supersons, and Damian Son of Batman. He also doesn't have any companions who stays long, Colin is forgotten, Maya is forgotten, the closest he has for friend is Jon, and he's gone to join legion. We can't say Percy's TT and Glass's TT as one series because there's too many difference between them, Percy's TT lasted for 20 issues, and Damian left Glass's TT after 24 issue. I want to try to see it from business perspective, is it because there's so many writer who want to write him, but doesn't want to keep him longer than necessary? Or he's still hated by common fans and didn't get many profit so DC have to repeatedly switch his writers?
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-23-2020 at 02:02 AM.