Page 164 of 313 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 4692

In most Teen Titans runs I'd say I wasn't reading for one single character. But I was legitimately only in this for Damian and, to an extent, Djinn. This team just...doesn't appeal to me. I've said it before. This has been a good-ish book...but it's not what I wanted from a Teen Titans book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    In most Teen Titans runs I'd say I wasn't reading for one single character. But I was legitimately only in this for Damian and, to an extent, Djinn. This team just...doesn't appeal to me. I've said it before. This has been a good-ish book...but it's not what I wanted from a Teen Titans book.
    'Good-ish' is a bit generous, the current run basically turned all of the negative cliches/tropes associated with the Teen Titans franchise(team dysfunction and betrayal) up to eleven. The only positive thing about this run(so far) is that the writers haven't killed off characters for shock value.

I wonder if it was Glass's intention for readers to think that all the bad things that happened to the roster were justified, because that's how I felt while reading.
    Last edited by king81992; 06-28-2020 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    See I'm different. Never been a fan of TT [still not] so was only reading for Damian. This run was the 1st time TT was ever interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I am probably one of few people who don't want Duke to become Robin after Damian. Not that I hate him as Robin, but on this continuity, as far as I know he already declared out loud that he's not Robin 3 times, on Robin War, on Bat-Burger, and when Alfred announced Selina-Bruce engagement. Unlike Dick, Tim, Steph, even Jason and Damian who on their first time saw Robin title as something amazing, he already know what kind of crazy, fucked up will happen on Robin. Him willingly become Robin just like a stupid person who willingly jump into the abyss. But who knows? Perhaps after Damian is missing his heroic sense will take Robin title to safe whoever innocent kid Bruce adopts next XD XD After all, like dietrich said Duke once supposed to be Damian's replacement if his death on Batman Incorporated became permanent.

Cass? I don't think she will be Robin, she's too skilled to be Batman's sidekick. I can see Steph become Robin again, but after what happened on her time as Robin, I don't think she will take that title again willingly.
    Sad thing to say (because I want Tim to have new cool independent identity which is not DRAKE), but if Batman doesn't adopt another child and choose someone from his family to be Robin after Damian, for me the most possible person is Tim. His independent identity doesn't get good response from fans, he's still called Robin on some occasion on YJ, BTAS have Tim as Robin and that book quite popular, and the writer of next Batman era is Tynion, one of Tim's biggest fan. Tynion will have excuse to write more Tim than any Batfam member if Tim become Robin.
    What are the numbers for BTAS?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    See I'm different. Never been a fan of TT [still not] so was only reading for Damian. This run was the 1st time TT was ever interesting
    TT was interesting before Damian, but this run was interesting for all the wrong reasons.

I wasn't a fan of the recent DC cartoon movies, but they did one thing right: Damian grew as a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    wasn't it announced a while back that Tim will be returning to the Bat books along with Steph. I think that Tynion is going to try to push Tim as the new side kick just like he did when he was on Rebirth Tec
    So long as Damian doesn't go back under the batman office . The superman office has been great for him. Rebirth gave us so many amazing writers using him. I was spoilt for choice. I doubt he would have gotten that under the bat office.

having read the experiences of the batgirl writer. The bat office is a joke and fosters the worst working conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    TT was interesting before Damian, but this run was interesting for all the wrong reasons.

I wasn't a fan of the recent DC cartoon movies, but they did one thing right: Damian grew as a leader.
    It wasn't. I've never been able to get into TT not even the old gold standard ones like NTT
    Damian, Crush and co made TT interesting for me.

Damian got older in the animated world. Age = wisdom
    Comic Damian isn't as old as Movie Damian so why do yo expect him to act the same?

You never did enlighten me on which Established members should be included to make TT a success.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-28-2020 at 04:41 AM.

Fantastic Member

It wasn't. I've never been able to get into TT not even the old gold standard ones like NTT

Comic Damian isn't as old as Movie Damian so why do yo expect him to act the same?

You never did enlighten me on which Established members should be included to make TT a success.
    Percy's run used established members and to be honest I don't want to read about the established members of the Teen Titans. I want to read about a new generation of Teen Titans something that Glass' gave me and other people who wanted something new with his run. If I wanted to read about the old established characters I can go read New Teen Titans, Titans, Teen Titans from Geoff John's, or the silver age or bronze age stories. Then there is the Young Justice show and the orginal Teen Titans show that basically is a greatest hits of the New Teen Titans in animated form. Those stories are all ready out there and written.

I don't want to keep reading the same characters over and over again in the same situation. I never want to see the old guard of Titans on Damian's team again because not only do I find it rather boring because nothing new is really going to happen. But also I think it is really damaging to a character to keep them stagnant. There is only so many times I can watch the Titans fight Trigon before I lose interest.

Astonishing Member

I've been thinking about that and I've come to the conclusion that having established members on the team means NOTHING if the people writing the comics insist on rehashing the same old, obsolete cliches of team dysfunction, betrayal and shock value death. If the current run had a different roster and the storyline stayed the same, it would still be an awful run.

Fantastic Member

I've been thinking about that and I've come to the conclusion that having established members on the team means NOTHING if the people writing the comics insist on rehashing the same old, obsolete cliches of team dysfunction, betrayal and shock value death. If the current run had a different roster and the storyline stayed the same, it would still be an awful run.
    That's just how Teen Titans is written if you look back a DC history Wolfman established with new Teen Titans that the book is best written as a soap opera. He literally said that the book is meant to be a soap opera so you have these cliches. Also I've said this before they're teenagers if they were able to handle things efficiently they will be adults and they will be on the Justice League. You are expecting a maturity from characters who literally are undergoing the process of maturing.

Also, comics like all art is subjective Glass' run to me is probably one of the most interesting comics I read in a while at DC. So I respectfully disagree with you on his run being awful.

I really wanted to ask this here since Damian will be a big part of the sequel, but is it true that comics for this week including DCeased: Dead Planet have been pushed back to July 7th?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

Everyone always talks about how bad Damian is as a leader but his big brothers Dick and Tim also started out as rather bad leaders too. None of the Robins were effective leaders when they first started out. Dick really didn't grow to the leader we know today until he was in his late teens nearly becoming Nightwing. Tim wasn't truly effective until he was Red Robin. Damian is 13 by the end of the those movies he was nearly 15 or 16. If you read any old Teen Titans books you will see Dick and Tim underwent serious growth in their leadership throughout the years to become what they are known for today. That is the point of Teen Titans to see that growth in these young heroes as they learn from their past mistakes. So I completely agree that with age comes wisdom. Damian is still only 13 in the comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    That's just how Teen Titans is written if you look back a DC history Wolfman established with new Teen Titans that the book is best written as a soap opera. He literally said that the book is meant to be a soap opera so you have these cliches. Also I've said this before they're teenagers if they were able to handle things efficiently they will be adults and they will be on the Justice League. You are expecting a maturity from characters who literally are undergoing the process of maturing.

Also, comics like all art is subjective Glass' run to me is probably one of the most interesting comics I read in a while at DC. So I respectfully disagree with you on his run being awful.
    The soap opera angle worked(though there were a few things I thought went horribly wrong as the series progressed) in the 1980s when Wolfman was writing, but it's not working now and hasn't worked for years. A new angle is needed.

Fantastic Member

So long as Damian doesn't go back under the batman office . The superman office has been great for him. Rebirth gave us so many amazing writers using him. I was spoilt for choice. I doubt he would have gotten that under the bat office.

having read the experiences of the batgirl writer. The bat office is a joke and fosters the worst working conditions.
    Last I checked, I think those very same editors moved over to the Superman Offices. So, you might want to have seconds thoughts over that.

Fantastic Member

The soap opera angle worked(though there were a few things I thought went horribly wrong as the series progressed) in the 1980s when Wolfman was writing, but it's not working now and hasn't worked for years. A new angle is needed.
    But, at this point I wouldn't remove the soap opera angle from Teen Titans because then what makes it different from other books featuring young heroes? Now the comic book market has so many options for reading about young heroes Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Runaways, Wonder Twins, Young Justice, Naomi, Champions if Marvel Comics brings that back. Although, I find it interesting that Champions was the kind of fun book that some people say they wanted Teen Titans to be. It had established characters who either had their own books or just completed their runs on their titles. Not to mention fun stories.
    But, that book got canceled. So, being different from the norm of Superhero titles is really a good thing for Teen Titans overall.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 06-28-2020 at 06:00 PM.