Page 169 of 313 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    The have also shied away from adressing how messed up Bruce's plan in City of Bane was. Pennyworth RIP criticized parts of it, but not that. That arc would have made for a good reason for Damian to break with Bruce.
    He was treated like a tool and had to watch a beloved family member get murdered.
    I don't see Damian thinking he was used like a tool for Bruce. For me Damian thinks all the guilty is of him and he was failed totally for him own mistake. Since he still has a soldier thinking it was his mission, he didn't talkback when Todd blame him or was angry for no one else trying help.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Batman: Gotham Nights #12
    Every current and former Robin has been captured by a mysterious villain! Will these distinctly different students of Batman be able to stand each other long enough to fight off a horde of their greatest enemies?

Damian will be featured on Batman: Gotham Nights #12 next week. With Tim on his Drake costume and maybe Drake codename. There's no way Damian will let go of the chance to roast the heck out of Tim for his choice of costume and codename, like Steph did.
    Speaking about costume, didn't Jason use that costume on when Damian confront him? I wonder, this issue will be placed before their fight or after their fight?

"Will these distinctly different students of Batman be able to stand each other long enough"
    Oh boy.

Oh my God. Do my eyes deceive me!? A Robin story that includes Steph!? That's almost more exciting than seeing Dick and Damian in the same book again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I don't see Damian thinking he was used like a tool for Bruce. For me Damian thinks all the guilty is of him and he was failed totally for him own mistake. Since he still has a soldier thinking it was his mission, he didn't talkback when Todd blame him or was angry for no one else trying help.
    I'm not talking about how this was handled in Pennyworth RIP. I was talking about what would have made for better starting points for Damian breaking away from Bruce than the restaurant owner getting killed. I already explained this.

Bruce's entire plan in city of Bane was dumb and Bruce turned out to be wrong, especially with the parts his family was involved in. Alfred was there even though Bruce said he wouldn't be there. Bruce knows that is because Alfred lied, but Damian doesn't know that. Bruce thought the family would be stong enough to take on Thomas. They got beaten and brainwashed instead. The city distrusts Batman after Batman let them get ruled by Bane for months.
    If DC wants a story about Robin doubting Batman's methods and feeling angry at him they could have waited for an story opportunity like this instead of pulling it out of their ass as they did with the current Teen Titans book.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post

Batman: Gotham Nights #12
    Every current and former Robin has been captured by a mysterious villain! Will these distinctly different students of Batman be able to stand each other long enough to fight off a horde of their greatest enemies?

Damian will be featured on Batman: Gotham Nights #12 next week. With Tim on his Drake costume and maybe Drake codename. There's no way Damian will let go of the chance to roast the heck out of Tim for his choice of costume and codename, like Steph did.
    Speaking about costume, didn't Jason use that costume on when Damian confront him? I wonder, this issue will be placed before their fight or after their fight?

"Will these distinctly different students of Batman be able to stand each other long enough"
    Oh boy.
    Did Damian and Steph ever interacted in the New 52?
    Plus, Damian should definitely call Steph fat in the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh my God. Do my eyes deceive me!? A Robin story that includes Steph!? That's almost more exciting than seeing Dick and Damian in the same book again!
    I'm suspecting they're not exactly in continuity though. I mean, it's not only calling Steph a Robin in the prewview, it's calling Jason a mercenary too, which he isn't. He's a free agent, but that doesn't mean he's a soldier for hire. A pitty, to be honest. Maybe none of these digital first are mean to be in cont: they're mean to catch new readers, so being loosey with continuty helps. Edit: I mean, they aren't mean to. Slipped my finger there.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-04-2020 at 08:21 AM.

It would have to be after Joker War if it was in continuity, as Young Justice hadn't started yet when Dick was shot and therefore, obviously, Tim wasn't Drake yet. Steph's Robin tenure IS currently canon by the way, it's only her Batgirl stint that apparently isn't.

It SHOULD be in continuity though, unlike The Flash's Giant/Digital First series (which can't be because of Iris being black like on TV), because one of the previous Giant stories (reprinted as Batman Universe) was the debut of Young Justice member Jinny Hex.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-04-2020 at 08:01 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It would have to be after Joker War if it was in continuity, as Young Justice hadn't started yet when Dick was shot and therefore, obviously, Tim wasn't Drake yet. Steph's Robin tenure IS currently canon by the way, it's only her Batgirl stint that apparently isn't.

It SHOULD be in continuity though, unlike The Flash's Giant/Digital First series (which can't be because of Iris being black like on TV), because one of the previous Giant stories (reprinted as Batman Universe) was the debut of Young Justice member Jinny Hex.
    But Damian is still Robin, and from Tynion's statement Joker War probably will be happened after TT annual 2. I don't think it's in continuity. Damian's fate after TT annual 2 is one of fans's biggest mystery right now, there's no way DC will announce Damian's status as still Robin on 99-cent issue.

Astonishing Member

It's just out of continuity.
    Or they drastically changed their plans, but that's highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I'm not talking about how this was handled in Pennyworth RIP. I was talking about what would have made for better starting points for Damian breaking away from Bruce than the restaurant owner getting killed. I already explained this.

Bruce's entire plan in city of Bane was dumb and Bruce turned out to be wrong, especially with the parts his family was involved in. Alfred was there even though Bruce said he wouldn't be there. Bruce knows that is because Alfred lied, but Damian doesn't know that. Bruce thought the family would be stong enough to take on Thomas. They got beaten and brainwashed instead. The city distrusts Batman after Batman let them get ruled by Bane for months.
    If DC wants a story about Robin doubting Batman's methods and feeling angry at him they could have waited for an story opportunity like this instead of pulling it out of their ass as they did with the current Teen Titans book.
    Wait, did Bruce knows Alfred was still there? Are you share? And Damian don't know about this?

I know by the point of view of readers this is a good reason for Damian break up with Bruce, but inside comics the other characters don't know, for example, Bruce was doing couple yoga in beach, I read this batman issue after know about Alfred's death (I don't read Batman comics frequently) and I listened Bruce was out because he "needed to rest" I immediately tought he was so injured that he was not capable for walking. And I think it must be the what characters inside comics understand.

Why is superman alive in DCeased: Hope At World's End? Part of what happened in DCeased in 2019 was rebooted?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Why is superman alive in DCeased: Hope At World's End? Part of what happened in DCeased in 2019 was rebooted?
    It’s set during the weeks long gaps that they skipped over during either issue 4 & 5, when they start building the arks, take down the internet, and establish refuge sites. So this happens before he gets infected and before Damian dons the batsuit.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's just out of continuity.
    Or they drastically changed their plans, but that's highly unlikely.
    Actually, we know they DID drastically change their plans, as 5G is no longer happening.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Actually, we know they DID drastically change their plans, as 5G is no longer happening.
    Thankfully.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the "next gen up" kind of thing, but not the way that 5G was doing it. Now I'm hoping a number of things done in "preparation" of 5G are undone going forward.

According to Taylor this will be Damian's first adventure as Batman. It definitely looks a lot better then the one from the Harley Quinn show.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-05-2020 at 01:30 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.