Page 179 of 313 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 4692
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Wait, Bendis finishing his Legion arc on September? So LOSH will end on September?
    I don't think Damian join LOSH when every members see him as 'baby hitler' will be better than his status on Teen Titans right now. At this point I prefer Damian to cut all his ties with everyone and go solo somewhere like he did on RSOB. Perhaps they can bring Ravi back to provide Damian a temporary sanctuary place.
    Let Goliath swoop in during the annual and let him carry Damian far away from all of DC's current bullshit.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Unlikely that Damian will join LOSH. He has just been returned to the bat editorial offices so Bendis can't use him anymore.
    Damian up till recently has been under the Superman editorial office.
    Wow, I didn't know that about Damian being under the Superman office- man, that makes sense why he's been a mess lately. Hopefully he'll be returning to BATMAN.

Is Teen Titans in the Superman office then?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Seeing big Jon still hurts my heart. I still don't understand that decision. He can be any age and join the Legion. Clark wasn't that old when he was Superboy and part of the Legion during the Silver and Golden ages. Its really weird.
    The Legion didn't exist in the golden age. It debuted in 1958, two years after Barry Allen's debut started the silver age.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    . Anyone else remember the time Batman threatened to blow up Apocalypse or set Martians on fire in JLA? It's the same thing. I actually would prefer that storyline because it would cause Bruce to have to think about how his methods of crime fighting truly affect his son.
    Bruce is not good in notice his mistakes and becoming a better person with it. He should learned how to be a better father after 3 sons, but I think he is getting worst (? Like, Barbara told with all words Damian needed him in Alfred Funeral, and Bruce was "he know he can comeback if he wants".
    I don't read too much Batman, but besides make a progress having a real relationship with catwoman, did Bruce made any other improvements? I know he and Clark became friends after a long time and it was a progress to Bruce, but it was a loooong time ago and seeing by outside ( me) I don't see he learning with his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Bruce is not good in notice his mistakes and becoming a better person with it. He should learned how to be a better father after 3 sons, but I think he is getting worst (? Like, Barbara told with all words Damian needed him in Alfred Funeral, and Bruce was "he know he can comeback if he wants".
    I don't read too much Batman, but besides make a progress having a real relationship with catwoman, did Bruce made any other improvements? I know he and Clark became friends after a long time and it was a progress to Bruce, but it was a loooong time ago and seeing by outside ( me) I don't see he learning with his mistakes.
    Not really. He "kept an eye" on "Ric" during that fiasco. When Jason shot Penguin (with a blank, mind you), Bruce went all out on him, and Jason only escaped Arkham because first, Bizarro, and later Roy, interfered. He still needed quite a bit of time to recover though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I think Bruce has gotten worse over the years, not better. Which would be okay on some level if DC didn't try to sell us that Bruce is still a good person/great hero at the same time. It's kinda infuriating. Just admit that he's crap DC, don't come up with excuses for why his terrible behavior isn't actually that terrible.

Wait, Bendis finishing his Legion arc on September? So LOSH will end on September?
    LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #9
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by ARTHUR ADAMS, BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, JIM CHEUNG, NICK DERINGTON,
    MICHEL FIFFE, GARY FRANK, JENNY FRISON, MITCH GERADS, MIKE GRELL, JAMES HARREN, TULA LOTAY, EMANUELA LUPACCHINO, DAVID MARQUEZ, KEVIN NOWLAN, JOE QUINONES, IVAN REIS, JOHN ROMITA JR., RILEY ROSSMO, NICOLA SCOTT, RYAN SOOK, GENE LUEN YANG and others
    cover by RYAN SOOK
    variant cover by ANDRE ARAUJO
    ON SALE 09/29/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    Continuing a very special two-part comics storytelling event! The United Planets have found the Legion of Super-Heroes guilty of crimes against the galaxy, and it’s up to our young heroes to prove their innocence! Featuring an all-star cast of artists, this issue will feature a surprise 1,000 years in the making! Long live the Legion!

That does not sound like a finale.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, I don't see the Legion ending anytime soon.

But I wonder what the future has in store for Damian. His best stories (Robin:SOB notably) have seen him being away from Bruce and establishing his own friends (Maya, who has sadly also been hijacked by the Supersons "dynamic", and Sorin notably) but never from Robin.

I think that he's a character able to ditch the mantle and not lose its appeal (unlike Tim who never managed to graduate from the mantle without stealing an entire chuck of Bruce's history and relationship with Ra's and co.) but I don't know what DC wants to do with him. Some soul-searching? Some Deathstroke-like run (I'd love for a Priest-written run of Damian, really) ? So many possibilities. Hopefully, no Supersons nonsense ever again.

Astonishing Member

Not Legion's ending, just one arc, in October another will start, I meant that. When solitications for October will be out? They released them only for Batman for some reason.
    By the way, I've been surprised, that Glass completely ignored Maya (but actually it's good he did that, otherwise her character would be harmed with shitty writing). With her backstory she would fit in this team actually. But this is all the idiotic manner of many writers to ignore the supporting characters of previous runs.
    Hopefully, no Supersons nonsense ever again.
    Huh, I guess you're in minority)

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Not Legion's ending, just one arc, in October another will start, I meant that. When solitications for October will be out? They released them only for Batman for some reason.
    By the way, I've been surprised, that Glass completely ignored Maya (but actually it's good he did that, otherwise her character would be harmed with shitty writing). With her backstory she would fit in this team actually. But this is all the idiotic manner of many writers to ignore the supporting characters of previous runs.

Huh, I guess you're in minority)
    Screenshot_2020-07-17-20-39-01-732_com.twitter.android.jpg
    More or less 3 hour from now (CMIIW).

What a strange Batman cowl... Not sure I like the color scheme here.

Astonishing Member

The new suit is... interesting.

Considering there will likely be a relaunch of many comics (and maybe a reboot of the DC universe) after Death Metal, I don't think this will last long.

Astonishing Member

Lighter colors, smiling.
    Something indeed will change in him, probably, just as Tynion promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Lighter colors, smiling.
    Something indeed will change in him, probably, just as Tynion promised.
    Damn it ! I hadn't even noticed that he was smilling ! Now I get why the picture crept me out a little...

Also, why is he smiling ? The man has been horrible and his biological son is going the way of his second adopted son (off the rails). Not really happy ties, except if Tynion keep up with King's depiction of Bat and Cat as the only good thing in his life...

Astonishing Member

I still think, that the most of the Batfamily will have reunion at the end and they'll defeat Joker together, and after battle will work together to rebuild the city. I remember, someone said that Joker War will be something like "anti-Death of the family". With or without Damian that's another question, but I think he'll be there at the end.