Page 18 of 313 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    It would be great. The Batfamily being a family again. It's okay Batman rebuilding Gotham but what about his kids?

Bruce dropped the ball hard with Jason, Damian and Dick in the last run. It's time he face the music, eat some humble pie and start rebuilding those relationships.

Knowing DC though it's all going to be forgotten and forgiven with not one writer making Bruce take responsibility for what he put those 3 through.

I'd like all the boys just getting together and hanging in a title that isn't Batman's. Perhaps after Tim returns and Dick regains his memories they can all just get together as a welcome back
    Yeah, I’d love it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Bendis got something big, to be fair. He has:
    -Total control over one big character and his family (or so it looks like). Superman, his books, etc.
    -An imprint for new/young/fresh characters that he heads or controls (Wonder Comics).
    -Publish creator owned stuff, like Naomi.
    -Have a hand in Batman (so far is that walmart book, but could be more).
    -JY, even if so far hasn't been important enough to have any effect in other books.
    -Handle events so far, almost since the moment he has arrived, and probably further, that do effect other writers book.

And I have the feeling that he has had his fair share of influence in how 5G is being projected, even if it's not his idea.

Yeah, he isn't changing the DCU mechanics with any of his stuff. But I think he has a lot in his bag to rule over, honestly. It's a lot of work, too. But he probably is paid a lot too. I don't think they promised him much more control over the DCU than that (and that is a lot, honestly).
    Despite the fact that I’ve known it already, it still baffles me how much control he’s got over the DCU as you’ve pointed out. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I don't know, it's just solicitations. Those are often misleading.

TEEN TITANS #40
    written by ADAM GLASS and ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA and JULIO FERREIRA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    “Djinn War” continues! Elias and his army of genies have begun their assault on heaven, and the only person capable of stopping him is his younger sister Djinn—who is currently trapped in purgatory. But Robin, Crush and the rest of the Teen Titans have a plan to bust her out—and the road to purgatory goes through hell itself. But how do you get to hell, you ask? Simple...you only have to die!
    ON SALE 03.18.20
    The solicitations are out?

OK. This war continues.

Assault the heaven... Is like they want to be a GODS or something like that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    The solicitations are out?

OK. This war continues.

Assault the heaven... Is like they want to be a GODS or something like that.
    That's from the March solicitations published last month. The ones for April should come out on friday as far as I know.

Bendis got something big, to be fair. He has:
    -Total control over one big character and his family (or so it looks like). Superman, his books, etc.
    -An imprint for new/young/fresh characters that he heads or controls (Wonder Comics).
    -Publish creator owned stuff, like Naomi.
    -Have a hand in Batman (so far is that walmart book, but could be more).
    -JY, even if so far hasn't been important enough to have any effect in other books.
    -Handle events so far, almost since the moment he has arrived, and probably further, that do effect other writers book.

And I have the feeling that he has had his fair share of influence in how 5G is being projected, even if it's not his idea.

Yeah, he isn't changing the DCU mechanics with any of his stuff. But I think he has a lot in his bag to rule over, honestly. It's a lot of work, too. But he probably is paid a lot too. I don't think they promised him much more control over the DCU than that (and that is a lot, honestly).
    I think fans overestimate how much influence he has. He has Superman and was able to cancel supersons before he had sold a single issue. Now that the sales are in what other change has he managed?

Wonder comics is a bust. Naomi is the only thing that has legs out of the entire range and that includes YJ which has already dropped to under 20k before issue 12

Synder's disciple is the guy on Batman. Synder's metal and JL so far have been changing the universe. Synder even told us way back that Prime Time was coming back and we laughed but guess who just ca,me back?
    Death Metal Synder's next big Crisis will set the stage for the rest of the changes.

Leviathan the big Bendis event was a huge disappoint both in sales and execution he was already to contracted to do a 2nd which is why we have a 2nd Leviathan to suffer through.
    He claimed Leviathan was going to change the DCU. a claim he's again making and that will just like last time not amount to anything.

Synder and Didio are the ones calling the shots. Tom Taylor just based on his sales has more power than Bendis.

Bendis doesn't have as much power as some think he has characters that DC superman and character that were on the bench and an out of continuity Batbooks. Neal Adams has an out of continuity batbook
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-14-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Bendis... Sometimes the best is not make anything(only stop insulting him in internet).. I can´t see one miracle like with Taylor in his case. Forget Damian and focus in your work.

I would like to see him trolling DamianxS.kid fans.. Only for that I would subscribe to his twitter.

Bendis sees Tim and Steph as one good couple??? PERFECT.. I need more Steph and know that Bendis has one good opinion about her to even create one Steph Batwoman in the Crime Syndicate Earth.

Unfortunatelly he said that he can´t Big Things for her in one interview.(minor appearances) DC said no Stupid Steph haters.
    He seems to be going the other way with the supersons fans. Queer baiting/Bromance baiting writing content that no one asked for.

I'm glad Steph is getting love but it's difficult to not get annoyed at all the hate and lies that TimKon shippers are throwing at her. It's getting to Curran Walters level. Where everyone who likes the pair is accused of being homophobic and misogynistic. I don't have any idea whats behind the claims but shippers are the worst.

I like how Steph is being used. I like their relationship under Bendis than I did under Tynion. I don't believe it's the greatest romance but it's not as bad as jealous fans on tumblr make it seem.

I agree that writers should step away from the chit chat on social media and focus on doing their jobs. It's always the most incompetent writers that are the worst offenders bendis and King

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think fans overestimate how much influence he has. He has Superman and was able to cancel supersons before he had sold a single issue. Now that the sales are in what other change has he managed?

Wonder comics is a bust. Naomi is the only thing that has legs out of the entire range and that includes YJ which has already dropped to under 20k before issue 12

Synder's disciple is the guy on Batman. Synder's metal and JL so far have been changing the universe. Synder even told us way back that Prime Time was coming back and we laughed but guess who just ca,me back?
    Death Metal Synder's next big Crisis will set the stage for the rest of the changes.

Leviathan the big Bendis event was a huge disappoint both in sales and execution he was already to contracted to do a 2nd which is why we have a 2nd Leviathan to suffer through.
    He claimed Leviathan was going to change the DCU. a claim he's again making and that will just like last time not amount to anything.

Synder and Didio are the ones calling the shots. Tom Taylor just based on his sales has more power than Bendis.

Bendis doesn't have as much power as some think he has characters that DC superman and character that were on the bench and an out of continuity Batbooks. Neal Adams has an out of continuity batbook
    The fact that DC is okay with canceling Super Sons to follow his idea, given a whole department of young heroes to play, and okay a story where he unmasked Superman is still too much power for me. Maybe in time, they'll see he's not worth it but if DC likes someone it usually takes a while if at all. Lobdell's Red Hood was never canceled despite dipping below the cancellation line in the time where other writers are replaced left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The fact that DC is okay with canceling Super Sons to follow his idea, given a whole department of young heroes to play, and okay a story where he unmasked Superman is still too much power for me. Maybe in time, they'll see he's not worth it but if DC likes someone it usually takes a while if at all. Lobdell's Red Hood was never canceled despite dipping below the cancellation line in the time where other writers are replaced left and right.
    DC sadly is an old boys club like Harras famously said as long as I'm at with the company Lobdell will always have a job which is too bad for Jason since it means he's stuck with Lobdell

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

DC sadly is an old boys club like Harras famously said as long as I'm at with the company Lobdell will always have a job which is too bad for Jason since it means he's stuck with Lobdell
    Say what you will about Lobdell on other series, but he's the one that brought about the Dark Trinity, developed Jason the most (and in the best way) since Flashpoint, made Jason into a very interesting character. Its about the only series I still truly enjoy since Rebirth ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Say what you will about Lobdell on other series, but he's the one that brought about the Dark Trinity, developed Jason the most (and in the best way) since Flashpoint, made Jason into a very interesting character. Its about the only series I still truly enjoy since Rebirth ended.
    Has he developed him though? He's had the book for how long and he has yet to give him a clear developed purpose or supporting cast. few characters have the luxury of having a steady writer for years and Lobdell has wasted it.

jason is still struggling with the same issues and insecurities since he came back re the family and Bruce. It's still unclear if he's a hero, anti-hero or villain.
    Lobdell isn't good for Jason because he can't make up his mind what the character should be.

He keeps teasing him as a Punisher type but then he writes that Jason will walk back his principals just for the luxury of wearing the bat brand. That robs the character of any agency.

Lobdell makes Jason inconsistent, indecisive and boring. I wish someone else would get a crack at the character. I'm so sick of him having issues with Bruce and the same old same old.

Jason by now should have a well developed and organic part of the DCU that he calls his own if lobdell had been a better writer with a clear vision for the character.

I used to enjoy the book but even when I found the book interesting I still noticed that the character was still dealing with the same issues that he always has and hasn't progressed.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-14-2020 at 07:05 PM.

Fair points, all those. But besides sales, I'm guessing he also has some contract specifications that still would give him control over all those things no mater his sales (superman, his imprint and whatever his say is in the forthcoming events). I mean, we don't have a GA book yet and, iirc, news and rumours, he's still involved in this summer event. I'm also a Marvel reader, and I remember him being the guy to go with events and promoted books even when they haven't sold that well for a while. I remember his Guardians and that Defenders book, for example, the year before he quit Marvel. Because things like that, I've always wondered if it's the sort of issues and clauses that they write in their contracts when they're hired.

Or maybe he gets that much work because he's friendly to other coworkers (easy to work with), experienced, fast and can write several books at the same time.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-14-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Fair points, all those. But besides sales, I'm guessing he also has some contract specifications that still would give him control over all those things no mater his sales (superman, his imprint and whatever his say is in the forthcoming events). I mean, we don't have a GA book yet and, iirc, news and rumours, he's still involved in this summer event. I'm also a Marvel reader, and I remember him being the guy to go with events and promoted books even when they haven't sold that well for a while. I remember his Guardians and that Defenders book, for example, the year before he quit Marvel. Because things like that, I've always wondered if it's the sort of issues and clauses that they write in their contracts when they're hired.
    The big events coming up are Death Metal and 5G non of which are anything to do with Bendis.

I don't know what power he has or what his contract says but his only power moves were made before he even wrote one issue for DC that was getting Supersons cancelled and ageing Jon up that's it. Both of which now he's pathetically trying to make up for by pandering to the fan base with all these guest appearances that no one asked for.

The series of work that are crafting the DCU going forward aren't from Bendis that is clear from the books that changes are spinning out of.