Page 181 of 313 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4692
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    DETECTIVE COMICS #1029

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art and cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT card stock

Card stock variant cover by LEE BERMEJO

After the City of Bane, the Riddler's takeover, The Joker War, and more, the people of Gotham City have had enough. The world is changing for Bruce Wayne, and the question he must ask himself is: What role does the Batman have in a city that rejects him? As the year barrels forward into what will become a turning point for the Dark Knight, Batman must grapple with the very citizens he has sworn to protect...while a familiar face looms large as a new threat on the horizon: Damian Wayne!

32 pages, $3.99, (Card stock variant, $4.99(, in stores on Oct. 27.
    I haven't been buying Dectective but I will definitely get it in October. Now I really wondering what is going to happen in Teen Titans in October. I am really excited to see what Tomasi has planned.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Now I really wondering what is going to happen in Teen Titans in October.

TEEN TITANS #46
    written by ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    card stock variant cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    ON SALE 10/20/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    With Damian Wayne renouncing his role as Robin and leaving the Teen Titans behind, Jon Kent returns from the future and the Legion of Super-Heroes to ask the remaining Titans some tough questions about his best friend. And when Superboy asks questions—he demands answers.

Jon looks so menacing on this solicitation. Emiko calm down, your arrow is useless anyway (unless she has kryptonite somehow).
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 07-17-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post

TEEN TITANS #46
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    ON SALE 10/20/20
    With Damian Wayne renouncing his role as Robin and leaving the Teen Titans behind, Jon Kent returns from the future and the Legion of Super-Heroes to ask the remaining Titans some tough questions about his best friend. And when Superboy asks questions—he demands answers.

Jon looks so menacing on this solicitation. Emiko calm down, your arrow is useless anyway (unless she has kryptonite somehow).
    I know it's big Jon but now I am really excited. I now know I have at least 2 books I am buying in October.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post

TEEN TITANS #46
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    ON SALE 10/20/20

I'm surprised that this book hasn't been cancelled.

Astonishing Member

It can't be Damian on the horse, can he?
    I just hope it's not his new design and serial killer is not him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm surprised that this book hasn't been cancelled.
    Me too. I think it needs to end.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Me too. I think it needs to end.
    It sells well in trades and consistently sells well in digital. Damian fans may dislike the book but quite a few Teen Titans fans rather enjoy it. If your not reading for Damian your not really caring about how this book affects him at all. Also, it out sells the Titans digital comic that is 99 cents. Digital sales and trades are what matters for this book cause one Diamond is not a distributor anymore and comic shops are not open in a lot of places anyway.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Teen Titans #47 (in November) isn't the last issue. They can't last long with only four members and no Trinity representation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

The solicitaations continue to say that Damian will stop to be Robin.

If he left the Robin mantle, what could be his new identity?

Batboy? Batkid?

He'll appears as a sort of opponent to Batman in 'Tec apparently. So I think he'll drop the childish names.

Astonishing Member

My bet, TT will end in November-December. And after Death Metal it'll be complete reboot of the team. They just useless right now, and even when Damian is gone, issue is about him, lol.
    It's obvious, that DC prepares for relaunch. JLO, Outsiders and Batgirl are ending, Nightwing and Red Hood probably also will end soon (of course they will get new volumes after Death Metal). Superman titles and Legion also look like they're heading towards culmination of their storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The solicitaations continue to say that Damian will stop to be Robin.

If he left the Robin mantle, what could be his new identity?

Batboy? Batkid?
    I think Damian would hate both, if he stop being Robin I don't think he will keep a Batfamily name.
    Damian as Flame Bird: I want to belive

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yeah, I don't see the Legion ending anytime soon.

But I wonder what the future has in store for Damian. His best stories (Robin:SOB notably) have seen him being away from Bruce and establishing his own friends (Maya, who has sadly also been hijacked by the Supersons "dynamic", and Sorin notably) but never from Robin.

I think that he's a character able to ditch the mantle and not lose its appeal (unlike Tim who never managed to graduate from the mantle without stealing an entire chuck of Bruce's history and relationship with Ra's and co.) but I don't know what DC wants to do with him. Some soul-searching? Some Deathstroke-like run (I'd love for a Priest-written run of Damian, really) ? So many possibilities. Hopefully, no Supersons nonsense ever again.
    While I don't disdain Jon and Damian as a duo, I wonder how many realize the parallels between that and Colin Wilkes (who, in many respects, was both more street smart and intuitive than Jon, yet also more naive, innocent, and hopefully optimistic, given his circumstances, then Jon)? Like Maya Ducard and Sorin, Colin was an OG bestie to Damian well before Jon. Just as I miss Maya and Sorin, I also miss Colin. (Maps on the side was also cool/cute and missed.)

Korath, if you recall Colin, what did you think about him and his relationship with Damian? Given your misgivings with Damian's typical portrayal with Jon, what was/is your opinion regarding Damian and Colin?
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-17-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm glad to see Tomasi's detective book actually look interesting for once. Like you guys said, if anyone has to write a Damian going evil Tomasi is the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    While I don't disdain Jon and Damian as a duo, I wonder how many realize the parallels between that and Colin Wilkes? Like Maya Ducard and Sorin, Colin was an OG bestie to Damian well before Jon. Just as I miss Maya and Sorin, I also miss Colin. (Maps on the side was also cool/cute and missed.)

Korath, if you recall Colin, what did you think about him and his relationship with Damian? Given your misgivings with Damian's typical portrayal with Jon, what was/is your opinion regarding Damian and Colin?
    I don't think I ever read Gotham Academy so I can't give an opinion just yet