Page 186 of 313 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4692
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    Damian isn't a child anymore, he's a teen now, BTW how old was Jason in Under the Red Hood? Wasn't he an older teen? It's kinda difficult to know his age at that time. Batman will be a self-righteous ass, beating Damian and firing him are my expectations from him.
    he was 18 stated in war games

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Honestly I also wonder why Arkham Asylum is still exist, and why there are people whose willing to work on there. That place sounds like some kind of hell for therapists. I mean, every time break-outs are happened, therapists will be villain's first victim, and Harley Quinn is the prime example of 'works go wrong'.

Perhaps someone as pure as him who can survive on Arkham Asylum. Wait no, not really, Joker killed him.
    Sigh, if only death-sentence is exist on DC universe..
    The building and everything is funded by Bruce, but the staffs we don't know

What we do know is there's no shortage of people underestimating Arkham inmates coming from out of town. The reporter that wanted to interview Joker and ended up terrorized for example. So maybe they got their staff from out of town or out of the country.

Within Gotham itself, there are always people like Harley or Punchline, so maybe because they came from Gotham and knows these people since they were children they think they have a better chance.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-18-2020 at 01:03 AM.

I think DC scripts have too much holes, because this the live-action movies are so problematic. In comics they can more or less change a character much faster. If Bruce was a Father like he is in movies, everybody would hate him. And Bruce is always in donation events and parties for charity, how can Arkham, orphanage, street childs and other things is Gotham don't get better? I think DC could resolve some problems and make anothers because looks like Batman and Bruce always invest in the same things but don't worth it, make his action looks pointless.

I have one more question, I almost don't remember Beyond Batman, but I have a flash that the builds was white, did Bruce reformed the city? I also remember there was not a big villain (? Did Gotham became better?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Digital sales mean very little to the comic industry in general.
    I really don't understand why you keep writing in this thread honestly. This is the Damian Wayne appreciation thread and you don't seem all that interested in him.
    Also, this book is terrible even if we ignore Damian. It has one arc that it keeps repeating, the characters are inconsistent as hell, annoyingly dysfunctional and in my personal opinion the characters follow racist stereotypes.
    If you want to enjoy a book like this, fine. But I really don't know what you see in it.
    This is the Damian appreciation thread but that doesn't mean that views/opinions are censored. Damian fans are allowed to share their thoughts on what's going on with him. Good or Bad. Popular or unpopular.

Fans should never be made to feel unwelcome even if you don't share their views. This shouldn't be an echo chamber and we are not here to police comments [so long as they are not just people coming in insulting the character]

You don't have to know what they enjoy in a book or an arc but you do have to respect that those are their feelings.
    How arrogant to claim a fan isn't interested in a character when you don't know them.

Damian and his fans get enough of a hard time without us fighting amongst ourselves.

Some books do better digitally eg Injustice. One of DC's best seller and it was thanks to digital sales.

Re Colin
    I liked Colin a lot. Loved his friendship with Damian. Damian reached out to him showing that he is capable of forming relationships and I hated how Supersons regressed Damian to not only never having friends but incapable of forming relationships.

Damian is emotionally stunned yeah but he's capable of making friends and sustaining relationships

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    Djinn doesn't feel responsible for Damian going this direction, in fact, it pissed me off a lot that she and Damian were together in the brainwashing but in the moment to take responsibility she blamed on Damian and it was almost literally 'Damian forced me to do it'.

I'm still salty about it.

Having Damian going rogue will hurt Batman for a little while until DC will find a way to not make it Batman's fault, I mean Batman's mistake will be making Damian Robin when he shouldn't have done it because Damian was violent, his nurturing, the genetic manipulation used to create Damian, the Al Ghul's blood and Damian's choices, at the end DC will state it's Damian's fault because he couldn't follow Batman's path.
    What about the Wayne blood?
    What about Batman conditioning and manipulation?
    Batman is violent and nurtures his kids to accept and use violence as a positive.

The Al Ghul Blood! because we know that all kids of bad guys end up bad. Like they are somehow tainted.

Damian and Bruce will be at odds for a short while then it'll be back to them being fine.

The thing that makes Damian different and unique is that he isn't like the other Robins. That is his appeal. He never has been. That potential for angst and conflict is what makes him different from the two other options that were rejected when he died.

It's what gives him more story potential and why writers like to use him. You can do the regular Dynamic duo with him and you can explore darker unconventional stories thanks to his baggage
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-18-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Batman is violent and nurtures his kids to accept and use violence as a positive.

The Al Ghul Blood! because we know that all kids of bad guys end up bad. Like they are somehow tainted.

Damian and Bruce will be at odds for a short while then it'll be back to them being fine.

The thing that makes Damian different and unique is that he isn't like the other Robins. That is his appeal. He never has been. That potential for angst and conflict is what makes him different from the two other options that were rejected when he died.

It's what gives him more story potential and why writers like to use him. You can do the regular Dynamic duo with him and you can explore darker unconventional stories thanks to his baggage
    ... Eh, I don't think the traditional Dynamic Duo works with Damian and Bruce. With Damian and Dick, yes. But not Damian and Bruce.

And from what I know, there were corporate reasons for those two options not working out, not helped by Snyder having issues with the whole concept of Robin. Look at We are Robin for evidence of that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

What where the two options rejcted when he died?

I read there were plans that Duke would become Robin, but WB wants Damian (due to the DCAU).

Mosameen

IMO Damian problem is Tim Drake. Damian character is very good to expand on in many ways. But to develop him further they have to develop Tim too. Damain can't be more than Robin without Tim finding his way out of Robin's mantle shadow

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mosameen View Post
    IMO Damian problem is Tim Drake. Damian character is very good to expand on in many ways. But to develop him further they have to develop Tim too. Damain can't be more than Robin without Tim finding his way out of Robin's mantle shadow
    I don't think Tim is the biggest problem. After all, DC has relegated Tim a lot in the past.

I think his biggest difficulty to grow as a character is that he is typecast in a role (the troubled boy). It is a role from which he cannot fully grow because his conflicting personality is part of his character's appeal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    ... Eh, I don't think the traditional Dynamic Duo works with Damian and Bruce. With Damian and Dick, yes. But not Damian and Bruce.

And from what I know, there were corporate reasons for those two options not working out, not helped by Snyder having issues with the whole concept of Robin. Look at We are Robin for evidence of that.
    Yeah. The problem is that Bruce is Batman now, so Damian as Robin needs to work with him.

To be fair, I think Damian works better as a dynamic duo for Bruce/Batman than Tim, the relation father-son is still pretty interesting. Although I think a character like Stephanie will probably works better as part of a dynamic duo with Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. The problem is that Bruce is Batman now, so Damian as Robin needs to work with him.

To be fair, I think Damian works better as a dynamic duo for Bruce/Batman than Tim, the relation father-son is still pretty interesting. Although I think a character like Stephanie will probably works better as part of a dynamic duo with Bruce.
    You can Have Batman, Damian and Stephanie as the dynamic duo in Dceased now X9

About the normal issues, After Damian came back from death I was share that he and Bruce would became more close and have a more fluffy relationship, like spending more time together or asking some times "how are you", I was being realistic, I knew Bruce and Damian would not have a big affection relationship, but Damian died for 1 year and now Bruce could hold him again, and in the next issue, when Damian and Bruce acted like this never happened I was heart broke.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post

It does work and we saw it work in the Batman/TMNT multi series by Tynion, Tomasi's Tec, Taylors Tec, The scooby Apocalypse title, Synder's Batman and even Priest's Deathstroke.

So it not only works but we've seen it handled by various writers.

Synder had issues with Robin but he also had planned for Duke to become Robin backed by DC until WB stepped in.

Synder afterall was the one who revealed that WB was the reason why Damian wasn't replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

The problem is that people look at Tomasi's Batman and Robin and expect it to be a Batman and Robin book when in reality it is a father and son getting to know each other not as work partners but as family.

Don't know how some can still say that Bruce and Damian don't work when we've had so many examples of them working. Are people just not reading these books? The series by Tynion I thought most fans have read by now.

Damian's problem is his age until he matures a bit he can't move beyond Robin. Even now that he's headed down a dark path it isn't sustainable because he is a minor [not to mention that is Jason's thing. Bruce can't really have a 13 year old running amok for too long]

Tim's lack of progress both in age and identity is an obstacle but I feel Damian's age is more of the issue. Though Damian can't get older without Tim getting older. Since Tim's story hinges on Jason's death Damian can't jump him either.

Actually Damian has two problems