Page 192 of 313 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    From solicitation, Zeh-Ro arc ends on September, and on october is start of 'First Contact arc', with Bruce tries to kill Terry it seems.
    can we just have some books where the family aren't trying to kill each other.

BB's batfamily was on it way to giving us 'regular' family dynamics with everyone accounted for and reduced drama. Now this.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    can we just have some books where the family aren't trying to kill each other.

BB's batfamily was on it way to giving us 'regular' family dynamics with everyone accounted for and reduced drama. Now this.
    This year is "Waynes Randomly Want to Kill" year.

Batman who laughs is just so liked because he is new and there is no much things with him, I don't think if he had 10 years now he would be so popular like Harley. Is a good character, but if a mysterious character appears in a lot of stories this appeal disappears.
    Because of this I LOVED Batman in JL tv show, but when knowing more Bruce Wayne he became less bad ass.

I want a opinion, anyone beside me don't like "official spoilers"? Because when writers say what is going to happen in future comics or there is a cover that implies in things we still don't know I feel like it spoiler surprises. For me is like a movie with trailers that show too much. And is also weird because in another medias the declarations is like "maybe you are going to have a little surprise" *wink wink*, "we can't say nothing yet", "you guys will need to wait".

I think I wasn't in Damian appreciation when I saw this, but Batcow Showed up in TTGO final episode season.

What you guys think that is the possibility of Damian have a appearance in the show?
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 07-24-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I think I wasn't in Damian appreciation when I saw this, but Batcow Showed up in TTGO final episode season.

What you guys think that is the possibility of Damian have a appearance in the show?
    I love that BatCow is so beloved.
    Damian might show up if they have another one of those episodes where they show different robins but all nameless.

I would love for him to show up but I feel there's a deliberate reason why the Robin in the show isn't named. The history of Robin is convoluted.
    Have one who reflects all of them is simpler.

He showed up in DCsHG.

I want a opinion, anyone beside me don't like "official spoilers"? Because when writers say what is going to happen in future comics or there is a cover that implies in things we still don't know I feel like it spoiler surprises. For me is like a movie with trailers that show too much. And is also weird because in another medias the declarations is like "maybe you are going to have a little surprise" *wink wink*, "we can't say nothing yet", "you guys will need to wait".
    I don't mind them since they are teasers designed to get you hooked so you buy the book. Most times they turn out to be misleading, don't tell the full story or just give us part of the story. Like a film trailer.

They never give us the full story.

it's all marketing. Look at Tom King who makes a huge deal of spoiling and teasing big thing's from his story. The dude goes out of his way to bait and reveal stuff that about to happen. Giving away far too much and what always happens. A twist.
    The wedding was a scam all along
    Alfred was supposed to be a fakeout
    Bane hanging the boys - fake out
    Helena- not canon
    Status quo changes that he went to WB to get permission for - nothing or maybe Alfred getting shot
    Not being clear when asked if Bat/cat mini was in continuity thereby getting fan hopes up - Batman writer and Batman editor both came out and confirmed the 12 issue series isn't in continuity.

The spoiler covers are nothing new. Comics have been doing it since the golden age the thing is they never give you the full picture.

Batman who laughs is just so liked because he is new and there is no much things with him, I don't think if he had 10 years now he would be so popular like Harley. Is a good character, but if a mysterious character appears in a lot of stories this appeal disappears.
    Because of this I LOVED Batman in JL tv show, but when knowing more Bruce Wayne he became less bad ass.

I know what you mean. The mystique goes away with some characters or people even then more you learn.

The batman who laughs was somewhat interesting to me at first but now I think I need a break. I like some of the other Dark Batmen better and wish we could learn more about them.

Batman is still badass when used and written properly. There's been too much of him doing uncool things. I like a human Batman and that can be down without turning him into badman.

Look at Batman in the Harley Quinn show, The animated movies, stuff like Robin Rises when he goes to face Darkseid, the recent Batman Beyond where he's old walks with a cane but is still badass.

Batman is misused a lot and is used to prop other or as a plot device to drive others stories by and in a lot of acclaimed stories

Tynion's Rebirth Tec - where everyone dumps on him and Steph Brown even slaps him
    DCeased - where he's so dumb he fails to make his suit bite proof [WTF]. He was made dumb to drive the plot [Damian becoming batman]
    White Knight - he's a bad guy
    LPOFD -He was turned into an uncaring father and an incompetent adult to drive Tim's story
    RhATO Rebirth - He beats Jason to a pulp to drive Jason''s plot.

King's Batman is pretty much Batman at his worst and most unlikable. He isn't even a hero in that run and is down right villainous and stupid. City of bane was his fault

Batman is cool and badass. When written well.

TBWL is popular though his popularity has led to Synder's Padawan desperately trying to emulate his master by introducing all manner of unoriginal new characters in his Batman run. His only been on the title how long and how many characters has he introduced? All of the unoriginal and subpar.

I'm glad that NBC are launching their own comics in the quest for source material for their streaming service.

Netflix's has Miller World
    Disney+ has Marvel
    Hbo has DC

Let the streaming wars begin this will force WB and AT*T to start keeping a closer eye on the comics dept which for decades has been just an old boys club where nepotism is the norm.

Hopefully with HBO facing such intense competition and AT&T being heavily in debt from buying WB the focus will be on performance and demand.

Let the market decide.

This year is "Waynes Randomly Want to Kill" year.
    The issue turned out to be quite good and full of feels. I love this Batfamily and Bruce looks so happy even though they were in danger.

Adult Damian is so well done. I love him as The Demon's Head in his chamber surrounded by candles while working on plans to save the world and Mother Earth.

Not quite who Talia had planned and nurtured him to be but still at the same time we could see what she said he would be. The next Alexander.

I hope he carries on his current path.

Matt talking to Goliath was just the best thing next to father and daughter in matching Black and Blues and mayor Grayson calling Damian kid and robin.

Yeah. This issue was a great read.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

The issue turned out to be quite good and full of feels. I love this Batfamily and Bruce looks so happy even though they were in danger.

Adult Damian is so well done. I love him as The Demon's Head in his chamber surrounded by candles while working on plans to save the world and Mother Earth.

Not quite who Talia had planned and nurtured him to be but still at the same time we could see what she said he would be. The next Alexander.

I hope he carries on his current path.

Matt talking to Goliath was just the best thing next to father and daughter in matching Black and Blues and mayor Grayson calling Damian kid and robin.

Yeah. This issue was a great read.
    Yeah, and Dick called him Robin, made us remember that just like Dick is Batman's ultimate (original) Robin, Damian is also Dick's ultimate kid and Robin.

I don't mind them since they are teasers designed to get you hooked so you buy the book. Most times they turn out to be misleading, don't tell the full story or just give us part of the story. Like a film trailer
    Speaking about teaser, both solicitation of 2 latest issues of Batman Beyond is incorrect. On Batman Beyond #44 solicit and cover implied that Damian will fight Terry but it didn't happen. On Batman Beyond #45 it says that Damian had to put aside his feeling for the 'pretender' to work together, but Damian didn't even cast side eye to Terry. So yeah, just like you said, those solicits is there just to attract us, and often (if not always) misleading.

I like how Jurgens writes Damian. He also wrote Nightwing Annual #2 and also created Jon, that man is great. Don't like his Dick a.k.a Nightwing though. Pun not intended

I know what you mean. The mystique goes away with some characters or people even then more you learn.

The batman who laughs was somewhat interesting to me at first but now I think I need a break. I like some of the other Dark Batmen better and wish we could learn more about them.

Batman is still badass when used and written properly. There's been too much of him doing uncool things. I like a human Batman and that can be down without turning him into badman.

Look at Batman in the Harley Quinn show, The animated movies, stuff like Robin Rises when he goes to face Darkseid, the recent Batman Beyond where he's old walks with a cane but is still badass.

Batman is misused a lot and is used to prop other or as a plot device to drive others stories by and in a lot of acclaimed stories

Tynion's Rebirth Tec - where everyone dumps on him and Steph Brown even slaps him
    DCeased - where he's so dumb he fails to make his suit bite proof [WTF]. He was made dumb to drive the plot [Damian becoming batman]
    White Knight - he's a bad guy
    LPOFD -He was turned into an uncaring father and an incompetent adult to drive Tim's story
    RhATO Rebirth - He beats Jason to a pulp to drive Jason''s plot.

King's Batman is pretty much Batman at his worst and most unlikable. He isn't even a hero in that run and is down right villainous and stupid. City of bane was his fault

Batman is cool and badass. When written well.

TBWL is popular though his popularity has led to Synder's Padawan desperately trying to emulate his master by introducing all manner of unoriginal new characters in his Batman run. His only been on the title how long and how many characters has he introduced? All of the unoriginal and subpar.

I'm glad that NBC are launching their own comics in the quest for source material for their streaming service.

Netflix's has Miller World
    Disney+ has Marvel
    Hbo has DC

Let the streaming wars begin this will force WB and AT*T to start keeping a closer eye on the comics dept which for decades has been just an old boys club where nepotism is the norm.

Hopefully with HBO facing such intense competition and AT&T being heavily in debt from buying WB the focus will be on performance and demand.

Let the market decide.
    I thought similar when I heard about Morrison heading up the Launch of NBC/Boom's foray into comics. Only reason AT&T isn't looking at the comics division for sale or even shutting em down. lets face it batman is the only comic character that's moving comics in any serious way. Comics are a niche dying market.

They are valuable sources for original streaming content. HBO is scrambling for content to sell subs since they missed the Covid boost which ended up favouring Disney+ a ton.

The lock-down was payday for streaming services.

Hopefully it puts DC Comics under the microscope and they get rid of the old system that has festered favouritism and mismanagement of characters.

Bring in business people and get rid of some of the comic fanboys that way nostalgia is thrown out the window.

Streaming might have thrown comics a lifeline as bigger companies follow Netflix's example.

I enjoy that show

Yeah, and Dick called him Robin, made us remember that just like Dick is Batman's ultimate (original) Robin, Damian is also Dick's ultimate kid and Robin.

Speaking about teaser, both solicitation of 2 latest issues of Batman Beyond is incorrect. On Batman Beyond #44 solicit and cover implied that Damian will fight Terry but it didn't happen. On Batman Beyond #45 it says that Damian had to put aside his feeling for the 'pretender' to work together, but Damian didn't even cast side eye to Terry. So yeah, just like you said, those solicits is there just to attract us, and often (if not always) misleading.

I like how Jurgens writes Damian. He also wrote Nightwing Annual #2 and also created Jon, that man is great. Don't like his Dick a.k.a Nightwing though. Pun not intended
    It was a fun issue. Even R'as was finally gone!
    We know Damian sees Dick as his older brother (rightfully), even though they also have a father/son thing going on too. So, I wonder how Damian will get along with Dick's daughter? Will be interesting, to be sure.

Astonishing Member

So, I wonder how Damian will get along with Dick's daughter?
    Kingdom Come contains the answer for your question)

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Kingdom Come contains the answer for your question)
    Yeah, would rather not contemplate that kind of relationship developing.