Page 2 of 313 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

https://twitter.com/OtterTheAuthor

because Santa's Damian

Happy New Year from the Lil Lads

God, these never fail to be heartwarming. DC, hire this man...or woman...

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The original story of Damian's conception that Morrison misremembered where he is named ibn al Xu'ffasch (Son of The Bat)
    Attachment 90840

In the end, Talia pretended that Ibn died after Talia was attacked so Bruce will focus on being Batman instead of worrying about them and gave the baby away.

I always wonder how it will end up for Damian if Morrison got Talia right.
    Damian would have had a regular upbringing and never would have become part of Batman's life. Only a very cruel person would drag a kid from normal stable life into one of crime fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    God, these never fail to be heartwarming. DC, hire this man...or woman...
    I know right.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Link to old thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

Happy New Year to everyone!

What are your hopes or expectations for Damian in 2020?
    Hopes:
    - Things go back to normal between Dick and Damian.
    - All future reunions between Jon and Damian aren't written by Bendis.
    - Damian and Bruce stop acting like jackasses and start getting along again (Same goes for the Batfamily as a whole, honestly)
    - Things start becoming more like how they were at the end of Tomasi's run where Damian wasn't miserable, had a good relationship with his Dad, and moved past the "Am I good or bad" angst.
    - More good/accurate appearances outside of the comics. Less Ninja Batman and Harley Quinn (though I was, admittedly, amused by that take on him) and more DC Animated Universe and Batman VS TMNT. I'd like to say I wanna see him and Jon in the next season of YJ, but unless time travel is involved that would mean another huge time skip and I do not want that.
    - Instead of trying to turn the Teen Titans into his thing, give him his own team with their own name. Like how Tim had Young Justice.
    - Keep. Deathstroke. Away. From him. And. All. Children!

As for expectations...The only thing in that list I'm actually expecting to happen is a return to form for him and Dick. Maybe more animated appearances too.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian would have had a regular upbringing and never would have become part of Batman's life. Only a very cruel person would drag a kid from normal stable life into one of crime fighting
    So Bruce when he let Tim become Robin XD

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Link to old thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

Happy New Year to everyone!

What are your hopes or expectations for Damian in 2020?
    My greatest hope is that Morrison delivers on the Arkaham Asylum follow up.
    A Supersons animated series would be ace but knowing my luck we'll get a CW show

I would like more positive stories even more writers discovering, using and pushing Damian. I want to see lots of stories with the character in a variety of genres like we have seen before. I hope that continues.
    A batman and Robin title would be a dream but we know that's not going to happen.

a sequel to Batman v TMNT [both the movie and the comics] If possible more focus on Damian and Raph the Bromance I didn't see coming but that was the best thing out of the Comics and movie
    Dick and damian back together again. I don't even need a book just the storiues.

Some other writer explore more about Slade wanting Damian to be his.

Expectations

more of the same
    Damian hasn't had a bad 2019. In fact compared to the rest Damian had a much much better 2019 than all the others aside from Bruce [that's not saying a lot]
    I don't expect huge changes but with Ben as the new Bat Office editor I expect more Damian and even more Taylor writing Damian and Batman
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-01-2020 at 08:36 PM.

a sequel to Batman v TMNT [both the movie and the comics] If possible more focus on Damian and Raph the Bromance I didn't see coming but that was the best thing out of the Comics and movie
    Dude how did you not see that coming? Raphael is basically Damian and Jason molded into one. Those two were bound to butt heads and then become buddies XD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Dude how did you not see that coming? Raphael is basically Damian and Jason molded into one. Those two were bound to butt heads and then become buddies XD
    I know but you get so used to seeing Raph being the counter part to Jason that you start to expect the animators to only see the most basic shallow resemblances. I mean if comic readers make this mistake what hope do the animators have.

Tynion I wasn't surprised since he knows Robins but the animators was a very pleasant surprise.

I need more and more. I hope we get a followup. It was very very well received

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

You mean like if Talia never pretended Ibn died, Talia and Bruce would've been married and retired, raising Damian as a normal kid?

Hmm... but the difference is canon Batman would never give up crimefighting for Talia as long as she's tied to her father, so I see that scenario happens only if Talia fully leaves Ra's.

Otherwise, Talia would keep Damian and raise him in the League, with much more love than canon but still has the League's influence, and Ra's is still going to consider him a vessel candidate.

I imagine if that's the case Damian's first meeting with Bruce will happen in Ressurection of Ra's al Ghul instead

Fantastic Member

You mean like if Talia never pretended Ibn died, Talia and Bruce would've been married and retired, raising Damian as a normal kid?

Hmm... but the difference is canon Batman would never give up crimefighting for Talia as long as she's tied to her father, so I see that scenario happens only if Talia fully leaves Ra's.

Otherwise, Talia would keep Damian and raise him in the League, with much more love than canon but still has the League's influence, and Ra's is still going to consider him a vessel candidate.

I imagine if that's the case Damian's first meeting with Bruce will happen in Ressurection of Ra's al Ghul instead
    That was explored in the Brotherhood of the Bat miniseries, which honestly needs to be revisited. DC keeps missing the boat on Talia and ignoring the popular literary and entertainment trends by focusing on Selina, Ivy, and Harley. Birdbox was huge, as were the various Terminator series. Exploring how Talia succeeds in raising the happy little bean Tallant (who is basically Batman Ninja Damian with Dick Grayson's people skills) in a world tearing itself apart while hunted by her father would be a lot of fun.

It's never going to happen, but the Sarah Connor version of Talia is something readers would buy. Maybe not in the six figures, but probably in the 40 to 50 thousand range if the art is good.

With the right marketing, i.e. aiming towards adult females who formerly made the core Damian Wayne fan base, it could break 50,000 in physical copies and the same if not two to three times that in digital. Especially if there's some nice cheesecake flashbacks to Bruce being a dad and husband before his death.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    That was explored in the Brotherhood of the Bat miniseries, which honestly needs to be revisited.
    Holy... look at all those 90s Batmen!
    Spikes... spikes everywhere
    Who are the rest of the Brotherhood? They all work under Ra's?

Fantastic Member

Holy... look at all those 90s Batmen!
    Spikes... spikes everywhere
    Who are the rest of the Brotherhood? They all work under Ra's?
    Yep. Then Tallant kidnapped and befriended them. That...appears to be a thing regardless of how the son of Talia and Bruce was raised and named. He kidnaps people, becomes friends with them, and turns them into heroes.

I keep hoping that the child/people hoarding that he gets from both his parents becomes a thing. Well, is allowed to be a thing.