Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 893
  1. #286
    Amazing Member Shen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Hey guys, just signed up to the cbr recently but I've followed the Damian Wayne Appreciation threads through the years. Always nice to see people who actually appreciate a character as Awesome as Damian.

    I haven't seen the whole 5G thing yet, so I don't know. I'm wondering if the sister referenced in that timeline is actually his blood relative.

  2. #287
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Hey guys, just signed up to the cbr recently but I've followed the Damian Wayne Appreciation threads through the years. Always nice to see people who actually appreciate a character as Awesome as Damian.

    I haven't seen the whole 5G thing yet, so I don't know. I'm wondering if the sister referenced in that timeline is actually his blood relative.
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!

  3. #288
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Hey guys, just signed up to the cbr recently but I've followed the Damian Wayne Appreciation threads through the years. Always nice to see people who actually appreciate a character as Awesome as Damian.

    I haven't seen the whole 5G thing yet, so I don't know. I'm wondering if the sister referenced in that timeline is actually his blood relative.
    Glad to meet you. As for the sister thing as of right now there are two potential possibilities. The first is Talia has a daughter who would be Damian's biological sister, which is possible and they introduced one in the injustice universe comics. The second would be Earth 2 Daughter of Batman and Catwoman, Helena Wayne the original Huntress who died in Crisis on Infinite Earths but is probably alive again on the new earth 2. Either one would probably be really cool in my opinion, but I'd be lying if I didn't want more of Helena Wayne (I'm a fan of classic JSA and have been reading their old 70's comics when Helena first appeared).

    Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    A) I'm sick of this evil Damian thing. Period. I don't care how ambigious it is.
    B) Calling him "Baby Hitler" is not something I take lightly.
    C) Doomsday Clock says Damian needs to be saved from something, it never said it was an illness or being dead. It could be saving him from "evil" or something similar stupid.
    You know what I am kind of sick of seeing that awful comparison to characters I like in comics, first Cyclops and now apparently Damian. It's an awful comparison and it doesn't work with heroes that we've seen for years be heroes, especially when we have not seen anything to that level of evil. I'd agree with Brainiac 5 that was a unfair assessment.
    I honestly would have preferred it if the reason Damian couldn't stay was because the Legion knew enough about him to know he'd try to take equipment and knowledge from the future back with him
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-15-2020 at 10:35 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  4. #289
    Amazing Member Shen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!
    Thanks, I will!

  5. #290
    Amazing Member Shen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I was asking because when I saw all the discussions going on on 'should Damian have a sister' I was wondering why no-one thought of Maya. I mean, aren't they basically brother and sister?

  6. #291
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I was asking because when I saw all the discussions going on on 'should Damian have a sister' I was wondering why no-one thought of Maya. I mean, aren't they basically brother and sister?
    I wish we got to see more of Damian's and Maya's bond. She could have so easily fitted into his current Teen Titans team. Would have been fun to see her butting heads with Emiko as Damian's second.

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Glad to meet you. As for the sister thing as of right now there are two potential possibilities. The first is Talia has a daughter who would be Damian's biological sister, which is possible and they introduced one in the injustice universe comics. The second would be Earth 2 Daughter of Batman and Catwoman, Helena Wayne the original Huntress who died in Crisis on Infinite Earths but is probably alive again on the new earth 2. Either one would probably be really cool in my opinion, but I'd be lying if I didn't want more of Helena Wayne (I'm a fan of classic JSA and have been reading their old 70's comics when Helena first appeared).
    I'd like to see both - would never happen. But imagine a Helena and Anastasia team up to save Damian

  7. #292
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I was asking because when I saw all the discussions going on on 'should Damian have a sister' I was wondering why no-one thought of Maya. I mean, aren't they basically brother and sister?
    Because Doomsday Clock talked about "Bruce's son" which we assume means Damian and "Bruce's daughter" who also didn't get a name. Maya is not Bruce's daughter.

  8. #293
    Amazing Member Shen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I actually wouldn't mind it being Helena either. I liked the interactions and banter they had when they met, with Damian talking about the call of blood or something, and how broken up Helena was when she'd heard about his death - this would be a nice relationship to see.

    I'd rather not see another Athanasia situation because it's been done before, and it fit the injustice storyline. Either way I hope they start making use of Damian in ways that don't require him to be an angry plot device.

  9. #294
    Amazing Member Shen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I'd like to see both - would never happen. But imagine a Helena and Anastasia team up to save Damian
    That would be Amazing! Can just see Helena trying to keep Athanasia in line, it would be badass and hilarious.
    Last edited by Shen; 01-15-2020 at 11:07 AM.

  10. #295
    Incredible Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I was asking because when I saw all the discussions going on on 'should Damian have a sister' I was wondering why no-one thought of Maya. I mean, aren't they basically brother and sister?
    Eh. She called herself his sister once in a heartwarming moment to let him know she forgave him for killing her father. But at this point I wouldn't put their relationship on the same "surrogate sibling" level that he has with Dick and the other Robins. Which is unfortunate because that's mostly due to writers not giving her much of a chance. Tomasi and Gleason are pretty much the only ones who care about her. And since neither of them are in charge of Damian anymore, I doubt we'll be seeing a further fleshed out relationship between him and Maya anytime soon. I still can't believe Damian's put two Titans teams together and never considered her for either one.

    Honestly, I would love to see Damian with a team that's just Jon, Maya, and Colin. His three closest friends. That would be great. Even if it's the ruined Jon.

  11. #296
    Amazing Member Shen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Eh. She called herself his sister once in a heartwarming moment to let him know she forgave him for killing her father. But at this point I wouldn't put their relationship on the same "surrogate sibling" level that he has with Dick and the other Robins. Which is unfortunate because that's mostly due to writers not giving her much of a chance. Tomasi and Gleason are pretty much the only ones who care about her. And since neither of them are in charge of Damian anymore, I doubt we'll be seeing a further fleshed out relationship between him and Maya anytime soon. I still can't believe Damian's put two Titans teams together and never considered her for either one.

    Honestly, I would love to see Damian with a team that's just Jon, Maya, and Colin. His three closest friends. That would be great. Even if it's the ruined Jon.
    XD ruined Jon indeed.

    I agree about Maya, her creator said he'd take her wherever he went and unfortunately that wasn't with Damian. Story wise, Damian probably thought he was protecting Maya by not choosing her. I would've loved to have seen that team up, I'd even include Suren and Kathy.

  12. #297
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Eh. She called herself his sister once in a heartwarming moment to let him know she forgave him for killing her father. But at this point I wouldn't put their relationship on the same "surrogate sibling" level that he has with Dick and the other Robins. Which is unfortunate because that's mostly due to writers not giving her much of a chance. Tomasi and Gleason are pretty much the only ones who care about her. And since neither of them are in charge of Damian anymore, I doubt we'll be seeing a further fleshed out relationship between him and Maya anytime soon. I still can't believe Damian's put two Titans teams together and never considered her for either one.

    Honestly, I would love to see Damian with a team that's just Jon, Maya, and Colin. His three closest friends. That would be great. Even if it's the ruined Jon.
    I genuinely thought that there would be a book that was Damian, Jon, Maya and Kathy. I'd have bet my life on thats what they were going to do, seriously felt like they were setting it up. Alas was not the case.

  13. #298
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    XD ruined Jon indeed.

    I agree about Maya, her creator said he'd take her wherever he went and unfortunately that wasn't with Damian. Story wise, Damian probably thought he was protecting Maya by not choosing her. I would've loved to have seen that team up, I'd even include Suren and Kathy.
    I honestly wanted a Teen Titans or Super Sons (may Super Kids?) group with Damian, Jon, Colin, Maya, Kathy, and Suren in it. Perhaps with Wallace and Emiko in there too. With guest appearances by the Bizarro Boyz causing hilarious havoc.

  14. #299
    Amazing Member Shen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I genuinely thought that there would be a book that was Damian, Jon, Maya and Kathy. I'd have bet my life on thats what they were going to do, seriously felt like they were setting it up. Alas was not the case.
    DC has a real knack for that, pisses me of at times.(All the time)

  15. #300
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I honestly wanted a Teen Titans or Super Sons (may Super Kids?) group with Damian, Jon, Colin, Maya, Kathy, and Suren in it. Perhaps with Wallace and Emiko in there too. With guest appearances by the Bizarro Boyz causing hilarious havoc.
    If you added a young wonder girl into the line up. Its the sort of thing I could see making an amazing TV show that could be massive.

    Robin, Superboy, and a new Wondergirl + Three new characters in Nobody, Beacon and a third male? Could have been like old teen titans tv show big.


    I wonder how mixing Damians Current Titans with him and jons supersons group would go. Mixing the best from both groups could be interesting

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    DC has a real knack for that, pisses me of at times.(All the time)
    Yeah sometimes I feel they have alot of huge missed oppertunities that were common sense

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •