Page 207 of 313 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4692
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    looks like DC is Cleaning House and while it's sad to see so many lose their jobs I do think it's time the brought in some fresh blood.

As was mentioned on another thread that what we need is to get rid of the fanboys and old guard with their nostalgia googles.

DC Comics is a business and should be run as such.

No more writers getting put on books because they attended a certain someone's writing Class. No more editors slacking off

Personally I hope they bring in people from outside the comics industry. Retaining Jim Lee is a pooper. The guy was there and signed on for all the bad decisions made by DC for decades now.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jim-...losion-rumors/
    Many people in DC Comics is fired. It seems pretty likely the amount of monthly comics will be reduce a lot.

It seems that they are going to focus on the big superhero names. Batman still sells pretty good, so it seems to be pretty likely Batman comics will be a big percenteage.

I wonder what will happen with Damian. Maybe a Batman and Robin comic?
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-11-2020 at 02:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Nothing will happen. He's popular, and WB prefers him, so, they won't remove him completely. If the editorial will be completely changed in favor of someone from the WB, then there is an even greater chance that everything that happened to him over the past couple of years will be canceled.
    I'd be more worried about Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    looks like DC is Cleaning House and while it's sad to see so many lose their jobs I do think it's time the brought in some fresh blood.

As was mentioned on another thread that what we need is to get rid of the fanboys and old guard with their nostalgia googles.

DC Comics is a business and should be run as such.

No more writers getting put on books because they attended a certain someone's writing Class. No more editors slacking off

Personally I hope they bring in people from outside the comics industry. Retaining Jim Lee is a pooper. The guy was there and signed on for all the bad decisions made by DC for decades now.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jim-...losion-rumors/
    I desire you THE BEST Damian..

Probably a bad moment now that seems that he will lose the Robin role during certain time.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Many people in DC Comics is fired. It seems pretty likely the amount of monthly comics will be reduce a lot.

It seems that they are going to focus on the big superhero names. Batman still sells pretty good, so it seems to be pretty likely Batman comics will be a big percenteage.

I wonder what will happen with Damian. Maybe a Batman and Robin comic?
    I doubt a Batman and Robin book will happen. AT&T is only interested in DC comics as a source for content. Batman with Robin isn't a thing that the general public got hyped about. The most successful Robin's we've seen in outside media are usually version's that are not next to Batman.

Supersons is far more likely or something like Nightwing and Robin. DCeased and similar content is also likely since that series is successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Nothing will happen. He's popular, and WB prefers him, so, they won't remove him completely. If the editorial will be completely changed in favor of someone from the WB, then there is an even greater chance that everything that happened to him over the past couple of years will be canceled.
    I'd be more worried about Tim.
    Agreed. Characters like Tim and Steph are the ones who are at risk. Tim in particular. AT&T isn't going to keep pushing characters because nostalgia.

Their focus is on money and characters that are mostly likely to succeed in today's market.

Astonishing Member

DETECTIVE COMICS #1030

Written by PETER J. TOMASI art and

Art and cover by BILQUIS EVELY

Card stock variant by LEE BERMEJO

A new foe called the Mirror has joined the Dark Knight's rogues gallery -- but is there more to this villain than meets the eye? Or is he simply a reflection of the world around him? As the Bat-Family find themselves on the run from the Mirror's army, Damian Wayne lurks in the shadows, plotting his next move in a cat-and-mouse game between father and son that can only end in disaster!

32 pages, 3.99, in stores on Nov. 10.

DETECTIVE COMICS #1031

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art by BILQUIS EVELY

Cover by JORGE JIMENEZ

Damian Wayne has made his move against a familiar threat from Bruce Wayne's past -- so why has the former Boy Wonder targeted none other than Tommy Elliot -- a.k.a. Hush? It may have something to do with the Black Casebook that Bruce liberated from The Joker's territory in the monumental Detective Comics #1027...but how far will Damian go to avenge this grudge from his father's past?

detective1031a.jpg

Teen Titans is cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

At least it doesn't seem like he's a villain, like many people suspected. But I wonder, what's the point of this Casebook.

Tomasi seems to like Damian so I have faith.

I think we will see Damian in another Teen Titans Team in the assumed February relaunch. Maybe they will go for a team similar to the animated movies. I kinda think Damian might be more fun in a Teen Titans book if he wasn't the leader.

Astonishing Member

I doubt that. I think even if he will get back Robin's mantle or just become Bat-family member again, they won't put him in this team in the near future. Maybe he'll stay with Bruce, or he will get his own title, but I think, that next Titans team will definitely hate him, just like the most young heroes. And he obviously will have clash with Dick and Tim because of that.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    DETECTIVE COMICS #1030

Written by PETER J. TOMASI art and

Art and cover by BILQUIS EVELY

A new foe called the Mirror has joined the Dark Knight's rogues gallery -- but is there more to this villain than meets the eye? Or is he simply a reflection of the world around him? As the Bat-Family find themselves on the run from the Mirror's army, Damian Wayne lurks in the shadows, plotting his next move in a cat-and-mouse game between father and son that can only end in disaster!

32 pages, 3.99, in stores on Nov. 10.

DETECTIVE COMICS #1031

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art by BILQUIS EVELY

Cover by JORGE JIMENEZ

Damian Wayne has made his move against a familiar threat from Bruce Wayne's past -- so why has the former Boy Wonder targeted none other than Tommy Elliot -- a.k.a. Hush? It may have something to do with the Black Casebook that Bruce liberated from The Joker's territory in the monumental Detective Comics #1027...but how far will Damian go to avenge this grudge from his father's past?

detective1031a.jpg
    Now we know why on Robin anniversary his story called 'Bat and Mouse'. Cat and mouse game, huh. Selina will be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Tomasi seems to like Damian so I have faith.

I think we will see Damian in another Teen Titans Team in the assumed February relaunch. Maybe they will go for a team similar to the animated movies. I kinda think Damian might be more fun in a Teen Titans book if he wasn't the leader.
    Please, no more Teen Titans for Damian. At least not before he's healed from current character regression.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 08-14-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Teen Titans is cancelled.
    As expected. Wallace and Emiko aren't strong enough to support the book and with that book's treatment for their character, don't think many of their fans rooted for the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    As expected. Wallace and Emiko aren't strong enough to support the book and with that book's treatment for their character, don't think many of their fans rooted for the book.
    A lot of books are being cancelled. But yeah, not sure who was supposed to read this with Damian gone.

Thank god Teen Titans will be cancelled, I am actually surprised it lasted that long lol. I am quite worried with what will happen with Damian, but at least we know it is in Tomasi's hands, and that's certainly a relief!

Now I guess we just have to prepare ourselves for the following months and see where it will end.