Page 209 of 313 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4692
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I can get behind that. As a big Damian fan and an even bigger Teen Titans fan, seeing the direction they've both headed in together has been...painful, to say the least. A break would probably be for the best while they sort themselves out.

In the meantime, I don't know if I want him back with Bruce. Quite frankly, Bruce doesn't deserve him back. A good chunk of Damian's downward spiral was his fault. If Damian doesn't go off on his own, I'd rather see him just stick with his fellow Robins. Especially Dick. Those two working together is always gold. I'd totally start buying Nightwing again if Damian was around as a supporting character.
    Agree, Bruce gets to much of free pass from writers and some fans regarding how badly he treats his family and friends.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I really doubt Dick is an option.

I suspect the options are likely Bruce or limbo.
    Dick is an option if writers decide to ignore the Ric debacle and focus on telling stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I really doubt Dick is an option.

I suspect the options are likely Bruce or limbo.
    Oh I know there's, like, next to zero chance of him being partnered with Dick for any long period of time. Those days are over, I'm afraid.

Just thinking out loud on what I wish would happen lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-14-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I think we will see Damian in another Teen Titans Team in the assumed February relaunch. Maybe they will go for a team similar to the animated movies.
    They kind of did that in Rebirth, and honestly the current team worked imo way better, having Damian on a team with characters that belong into Dick's gen is just wired.

I don't mind a mixed generation team. That's what my favorite TT run was, back in the early 2000s. They just...need to not make Damian the leader when he's on a team of veterans. All of whom had been leaders of the Titans in some capacity before. That never really made a lot of sense to me.

That was a really solid line up (Wallace notwithstanding). But it felt like every other arc was dedicated to Damian butting heads with someone and showing why him being the leader was a mistake.

Extraordinary Member

I don't mind a mixed generation team.
    But I don't think that that works well with Damian, at least not when he is far younger then the rest of the team.

In the animated series the other characters were aged down closer to his age iirc.

And it doesn't really help that most of these characters should actually be Dicks age.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-14-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Damian worked in TT. Percy's TT was great just that BB was a bully.
    Glass had a mandate.
    Comic fans complain about AnimatedUniverse Damian in Tt but surprise surprise he is the stand out and the one along with raven that the fans embraced.

It's going to be tough because it's clear that what the higher ups and the greater non comic reading market want for Damian are different from what the comic readers what.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So while Damian is busy, Batman Who Laughs is infecting Batcow, Titus and all the super pets

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/SEFwzpvv9i2UwHmXB9HbFD-970-80.jpg.webp
    I am glad they included Clay critter
    I'm also glad WB is reviewing the contract of big writers like Synder, King and Bendis. Enough of this rubbish.
    Also very glad that Taylor is getting so much critical and commercial success with DCesaed and that WB is paying attention.

They need to be pushing more material like DCeased not this representation of snyder's mid-life crisis

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I am glad they included Clay critter
    I'm also glad WB is reviewing the contract of big writers like Synder, King and Bendis. Enough of this rubbish.
    Also very glad that Taylor is getting so much critical and commercial success with DCesaed and that WB is paying attention.

They need to be pushing more material like DCeased not this representation of snyder's mid-life crisis
    Eh, maybe less zombie stuff. Elseworlds is fine, but other than certain character moments, not a fan of the dark stuff Taylor has put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Anyway, he's under Tomasi wing again, and that's the best thing happened with the character since Super Sons. Whatever happens next, I trust Tomasi.
    I trust Tomasi too. I just don't trust DC and their mandated direction for Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I trust Tomasi too. I just don't trust DC and their mandated direction for Damian.
    I'm kinda wondering though. How much of that had to do with Didio? Could things possibly be looking up with him gone?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Preview TT 44

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Every part of that was painful to read. And...honestly it was kinda painful to look at too. What is with this run and its hit or miss art?

I'm kinda wondering though. How much of that had to do with Didio? Could things possibly be looking up with him gone?
    Don't think so. Remember that the annual was originally supposed to come out after Teen Titans 41, so after the Djinn War arc. At this point Damian would have only been responsible for the prison and the brainwashing, he didn't kill anyone.
    Then Didio was fired and the lockdown came along with many changes at DC, including pushing the annual where Damian would lose the mantle back to August and giving us the current arc instead of Thompson's original plans.