Page 211 of 313 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 4692

Just a friendly reminder of the before times, when things didn't suck. Because I feel like we're gonna need to be reminded of this conversation very soon.

Man, I miss this run. So much.

That run was great yes. Then Rebirth had Batman go full jerk ass and nowadays I can't accept that him and Damian can work or even live together. Bruce's too much of an ******* now to be with his son. He never cared for his birthday, he never seemed to care for him period since 2016. That's very long and it's been very consistent in most titles. That's why I hope Tomasi won't try to make amends between the two. I'll take Damian as an antagonisy even a villain over him working with Bruce again.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That run was great yes. Then Rebirth had Batman go full jerk ass and nowadays I can't accept that him and Damian can work or even live together. Bruce's too much of an ******* now to be with his son. He never cared for his birthday, he never seemed to care for him period since 2016. That's very long and it's been very consistent in most titles. That's why I hope Tomasi won't try to make amends between the two. I'll take Damian as an antagonisy even a villain over him working with Bruce again.
    Nothing in comics is permanent or irreparable. Damian's his son, I don't doubt we're going to see them reconcile even if we don't get a Batman and Robin title with the two of them again.

I get the wish to see Bruce suffering for all the **** he has done, but DC would make Damian get the short end of the stick trust me.
    Just look at how they wrote the Bruce and Damian story in the Robin anniversary special.
    Damian is proven wrong the entire time. He thinks he can fool Bruce and links that to Bruce's failing ways. He wrong and Bruce looks right through his deception.
    Damian runs into the fight thinking he can take the bad guys alone, Bruce has to run after him and is the one that saves their asses after Damian has to admit defeat.
    The only thing we'll get from Damian as a villain/antagonist is him getting **** on. Even if Tomasi doesn't do it, you can bet your ass the rest of DC will.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Bruce smacked Jason for breaking a promise. he was 100% fine with him killing. Damian isn't in Gotham he can kill any one he wants and Bruce won't say peep
    You sure have a weird look at comic books and how heroism in DC works. But the others have already pointed out why you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    This looks interesting. Damian looks badass and lethal
    He literally just got his target taken from him. Which I promise you will be his future if he wants to kill criminals.
    Choosing lethal methods to get rid of criminals DC doesn't want to get rid of only leads to the guy trying to kill them being really bad at his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    I don't care what Damian ends up doing to KGBeast. Dude needs a beat down anyway
    He will survive. He's in the October and November solicitations for Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    You sure have a weird look at comic books and how heroism in DC works. But the others have already pointed out why you're wrong.
    I currently don't view Bruce, Jason and Damian as heroes.
    Damian has killed before and Bruce didn't do anything.
    Bruce was fine with Jason killing outside of Gotham.

If Bruce has covered up one son killing and is fine with another who wears his brand on his chest killing outside of Gotham then he's not that rigid

Bruce was a good dad to Damian in Superman, Supersons, GA, Metal, No Justice and Tec.

Bruce forgetting Damian's Birthday done to make us feel for Damian so I don't blame Bruce since he was intentionally written as a bad father.
    There's however no excuse for King's Batman and Pennyworth RIP.

However if Bruce's kids shunned him whenever he's a douche then he would have no kids.

Astonishing Member

Latest Gothan Knights "leak" (I think you understand, that it doesn't confirm anything yet) claims, that Damian will be Robin in the game.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

spoilers:
    So it settled folks, Damian explicitly admitted that he killed Brother Blood. In front of Bruce nonetheless.
    end of spoilers

So I don't see how Damian will heal from this. D-7 to the inevitable.
    On my 5 stage of grief over the whole run of Damian character assassination, I am officially on acceptance stage. To tired for anger, no use for denial, no hope for bargaining, too fed up for depression, now I can only accept it as *blegh* canon.

Sigh, just, get over it already.

Astonishing Member

Who cares, they're gonna cancel it anyway. Titans really just pointless title right now.

Fantastic Member

Just read Teen Titans issue 44.
    Anyone else and their thoughts on the issue?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    spoilers:
    So it settled folks, Damian explicitly admitted that he killed Brother Blood. In front of Bruce nonetheless.
    end of spoilers

So I don't see how Damian will heal from this. D-7 to the inevitable.
    On my 5 stage of grief over the whole run of Damian character assassination, I am officially on acceptance stage. To tired for anger, no use for denial, no hope for bargaining, too fed up for depression, now I can only accept it as *blegh* canon.

Sigh, just, get over it already.
    Do not grieve for Damian yet.

Soon, DC will do a reboot.

After Death Metal will be Endless Winter.

Somewhere in there will a fresh start.

I suspect much of this garbage will be thrown out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Do not grieve for Damian yet.

Soon, DC will do a reboot.

After Death Metal will be Endless Winter.

Somewhere in there will a fresh start.

I suspect much of this garbage will be thrown out.
    I agree. It's pretty possible Bruce and Damian end up resolving their differences in Detective Comics by Tomasi.

Now, it is possible Tim will still be Drake in the Robin suit, then Damian will still be the only Robin.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-18-2020 at 07:16 AM.