Page 214 of 313 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    What didn't you like about Damian in batman and Tec?

I don't get this obsession with making Damian likable in the conventional way. He is supposed to be an annoying posh git who thinks he is the **** and is.

Damian is an interesting and well crafted character who was created to be not so easy to like.
    I enjoyed Supersons as did my kids but anyone who only likes Damian in Supersons isn't a Damian fan

Gatekeeping nonsense aside, you may be misunderstanding what he said- The last time he liked Damian was in Super Sons. Which is a fair notion because Damian's regression started after that book ended (Hi, Didio's return).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't mind Damian's portrayal in Super Sons because like Superbat, that series is intended to be fun time, no canon required, whereas Teen Titans I hold to a higher standard and therefore causing greater annoyance, because it was meant to be his main canon story.

Extraordinary Member

Bruce coming to school Damian and his team now is ridiculous
    I am so sick of him

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I am so sick of him
    Batman is in no position to school anybody, especially when you consider how he's treated his family, friends and coworkers over the years. Unfortunately, all of the characters who should be the ones to come in and school Damian and co, are either not being used or used poorly right now.

Fantastic Member

I really liked Damain's portrayal in Super Sons.

For me a small character defining moment was when Bruce, Clark, Damian and Jon drove out to some fields. Damian was counting down from 10 (Jon was about to take flight), Clark and Bruce were talking and Damian looks at them and says "Silence." LMAO.

Clark then turns to Bruce and says "Did he just tell you to........" and Bruce kind of shrugs. LOL.

The whole series was worth it for that interaction alone in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I am so sick of him
    Hopefully Damian will tear him out about it. Batman is far from being in a position to tell his son what to do anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Hopefully Damian will tear him out about it. Batman is far from being in a position to tell his son what to do anymore.
    Oh hey. We finally agreed on something today lol

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Read the issue and I appreciate that KF was the only one that didn't hit Damian; which is funny after he solo them earlier but it shows that moral in KF that gets talked about a lot but rarely shown.

Anyway, I can't join in the outrage anymore as it gives me a headache. I feel terrible for all of these characters not just Damian and believe everyone of them deserve better writing and direction. Once Djinn left the only place I thought the book would go is up because I still believe she was the worst of the three newbies writing wise but no. 2 years is enough to be in a different place with all of them and I think if Glass' and co wanted to write his teen Suicide Squad then he should've done so with, Crush, Djinn, and RH as new characters with no ties to TT and left Damian, KF, and Arrow out.

I have a polemic opinion about Damian recent actions.

I don't think Damian killing again was a bad written regression. Since Damian got inside the new TT, the problems with Batman, Dick becoming Ric and Alfred death we can see he was getting lost slowly and killing again (that was what he made before Batfamily) make senses to me. In the movie he went back to LoA after Batman going way, Dick death and, it's not showed, but I think Alfred died too.
    Damian has all reasons for believe that no killing method doesn't work and is full of pain and zero emotional support.
    For me Damian is still weak for controlling himself, and how TT said, he does need help.

I believed Damian didn't kill at the previous comic, but in #44 I see how it was built and happened.

Damian killed Nobody for protect his family, and Batman told this is wrong, but now Damian lost 2 members of his family, Alfred was killed in front of him, and lost fathership, brothership and friendship of Dick was the worst for him.
    Damian isn't Dick or Tim that would not kill independent of circumstances (probably?), and he is 13-14, still is going to make too many mistakes and this make him a good character.

I am sad because this make Damian having a break of comics more possible now than ever, but don't think there is not a logic of story or is OOC.

This shows how terrible father Bruce is too, he wasn't by Damian side even one time the bad things happened.

I just don't like to see Damian alone, staying in a group don't means not be alone, Dick is solo, but everybody likes him, he can trust them, he is always with a new girlfriend, Tim is liked by his friends, he is not constantly being criticized, even Jason is an important peace of Outlaws, definitely Artemis and Bizarro love him and want to be keep near, Jason knows it.

Damian became the ones felling being nobody for anyone and having nobody wanting he too.

which comic is this? :

* edited: streets of gotham, >-<
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 08-19-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Read the issue and I appreciate that KF was the only one that didn't hit Damian; which is funny after he solo them earlier but it shows that moral in KF that gets talked about a lot but rarely shown.

Anyway, I can't join in the outrage anymore as it gives me a headache. I feel terrible for all of these characters not just Damian and believe everyone of them deserve better writing and direction. Once Djinn left the only place I thought the book would go is up because I still believe she was the worst of the three newbies writing wise but no. 2 years is enough to be in a different place with all of them and I think if Glass' and co wanted to write his teen Suicide Squad then he should've done so with, Crush, Djinn, and RH as new characters with no ties to TT and left Damian, KF, and Arrow out.
    I actually didn't like KF in the first TT, because he was indecisive, he just keep following the wave, and his powers didn't was too much helpfull but in the new TT I could see how much friend he is, I like this type of characters, he is my second favorite after Damian in the group know, He heart is in the right place for me and he don't want to resolve everything just with force. When he become more self-confident he will be a strong hero and still a good person <333 I don't follow many comics titles, but if he go for a new comic I will try to read.

#morehugsincomics! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    hummmm, don't you think Damian wants this attention? Since he is stubborn and proud I also think he will deny Bruce words too, but I thinks all he wants now is support, more than make justice by killing, but also maybe is too late? I can't wait for read the next 3-5 chapters.

Astonishing Member

Regarding loneliness and absence of emotional support, yeah, Bruce is an ******* and Dick has to kick his ass, when he'll find out all of that. But this is also definitely Damian's fault. And probably that's the entire point of this shitty arc, he just completely missed Alfred's point, which he was trying to explain to him at the beginning of Rebirth. Damian has had two teams with bunch of people. Everyone left. He even had a girl, who had feelings for him, lol. He's lost all of it. In this situation, many are to blame, but seriously, the fact that most people simply could not stand him is Damian's fault, and not of anyone else. It is clear that he was raised not like Dick and Tim, but seriously, no one is obliged to close their eyes to how he behaves.
    Who can support him, when he pushes everyone away? Bruce, Dick and Alfred can't be around him forever, he has Jon and Maya, but they also just can't always stand by his side, holding his hand and pushing back his temper. Except people I mentioned, he treated everyone like ****, that's the fact. And maybe that's entire point of this story, that's the reason, why he failed, where Dick and Tim succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post

This shows how terrible father Bruce is too, he wasn't by Damian side even one time the bad things happened.
    I don't think that's fair. Bruce was with Dick when he was shot, Damian and Bruce were together when Ric woke up and revealed he didn't remember anything and when Bruce was showing Ric to the cave Damian was there and the dialogue tells us Bruce and Damian had talked about the plan to show Ric the cave before hand off screen. We haven't seen it, but is difficult to see how it would even be physically possible for Batman to have avoided dealing with Damian's reaction to the Dick shooting until now.

* About being by Damian side, I talk in a way that is not just fisic. Like Bruce was with Damian in Alfred's funeral too but just made Damian feel more alone and guilt.

I don't fell that Bruce is by Damian side when Dick lost his memory, Bruce was there when he believed Dick was going to get normal, but not after his plain doesn't work. When Bruce need to deal with feelings he just disappears : / hope problems to solve themselves, comeback when all blow up and try to resolve in his worst way possible < /3

Maybe because all the comic's universe works age is a strange way is hard to have a sense what is more or less normal, but "holding Damian's hand for ever" is not close of what I am saying.

"Comfort" is the word I was looking for, Batman can't say "I am here" "Things are going to be all right", "Sorry" "we are going to pass this together" "it's not your fault".

*at least "I am here" would be nice... don't need the other prhases... touching his son's shoulder would be nice... don't being in silence when Damian said Alfred death was his fault would be nice...

I am not crazy, right? I am being pretty reasonable u-u/