Page 216 of 313 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    Because it's Dick we are talking about.....
    My heart... T^T

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think Tynion really wants Tim to be Robin and with Synder's power backing him he is trying to make Tim Robin since he got the Batman gig.

However like the 3 Batgirl's thing we saw in Joker War and like the Jarro Robin thing in Synder's JL it's just going to be shared and not official.

If DC doesn't know what else to do with Tim then might as well have back as another Robin. Sure it doesn't fix the problem but it'll put a band aid on it and make some disgruntled fans happy.

For a while at least.
    Maybe that's why Tim is called Drake even in the Robin suit. That way he could look like Robin without being called Robin (while Damian is the only one called as Robin).

In the 3 Batgirl's thing, it is possible they could be a Batgirls group, but only Barbara is Batgirl.

Although it also depends how much this situation will last. I suspect a general relaunch will happen soon.

I'm also not sure Damian will lose the mantle of Robin forever. If we think about it, probably the reason why Damian was going to stop being Robin in the start was because of 5G, which makes sense, since we would have a new Batman. However, now this event will apparently not happen, but they can't just erase the storyline; they must go all the way and finish it. I am not sure where Damian would be during 5G, which would last five years, but I always got the impression that he would get out of the spotlight for a while and come back after this was over in 2026, when Doomsday Clock teased the "it is june 17th 2026, Superman goes on a quest to find Bruce Wayne's lost daughter... so she can save Bruce's son", which to me is obviously about Damian. But if the 5G won't happen, will this? So now I am wondering if these events teased in the future will still happen, even if earlier.

Now going to November's solicitacions Detective Comics #1031, it says "It may have something to do with the Black Casebook that Bruce liberated from The Joker’s territory in the monumental Detective Comics #1027...but how far will Damian go to avenge this grudge from his father’s past?", which to me souns very... interesting, I guess. We don't know what this Black Casebook is yet, but it seems important. What if has something to do with those things teased in Doomsday Clock?

Anyway, I just threw in a lot of weird theories, but my point is: we need to be patient, because I think something big is about to happen and Damian might be involved somehow. Perhaps we will only know if this is true or not when 2021's solicitations start to come out, but, at least for me, there's something in the air! (i might be totally wrong though lol)
    Last edited by the1&onlyE.; 08-20-2020 at 06:48 AM.

I still want to know about baby Hittler thing.

And don't want Damian to go way. I can deal with 3 months, but I stopped readind DC comics first time Damian died, I like other characters, but read without Damian isn't a option for me
    u'_'u)/

Tim is becoming robin in the preview of Batman 99.
    I don't know what ''big plans'' Tynion was talking about for Damian, but so far I'm not impressed.
    Big plans for me mean an solo ongoing where he can have his own adventures without interference from Bruce, the Titans or Jon.
    Last edited by delaviux; 08-21-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by delaviux View Post
    Tim is becoming robin in the preview of Batman 99.
    I don't know what ''big plans'' Tynion was talking about for Damian, but so far I'm not impressed.
    Big plans for me mean an solo ongoing where he can have his own adventures without interference from Bruce, the Titans or Jon.
    Tim uses the Robin suit in Nightwing #73, but he seems to still be called Drake. It is weird.

I suspect Damian will still be the only Robin.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Preview TT Annual #2

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

So... I guess restaurant scene is forgotten now? Since they already set to make Alfred's death as the reason for Damian's changing

Fantastic Member

Oh man, I can already picture Tim's reaction, it'll be Pre-new 52 levels of spite between him and Damian.
    Don't think Damian will appear again after Detective Comics 1030 and 1031, He's going to get shelf for a while.
    Best case they'll do a whole reset arc where's he's back at the manor being robin, mild case scenario he's not robin but still appears in issues, and worse case he's going to be shelf for a long time.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I see. Joker War doesn't include Damian in Batman #99 but include Tim wearing the Robin suit but calling himself Drake in Nightwing because the story about Damian quitting Robin and how it transition to Tim isn't published yet.

It looks like the reading order will go from Teen Titans to Young Justice to Joker War

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    https://i2.wp.com/aiptcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/teen-titans-annual_23.jpg?resize=768%2C1181&ssl=1
    https://i2.wp.com/aiptcomics.com/wp-...8%2C1181&ssl=1

So... I guess restaurant scene is forgotten now? Since they already set to make Alfred's death as the reason for Damian's changing
    Man this run has been one hell of a rollercoaster. I've gone from hating it before it even started, to hating it after it started, to slowly warming up to it, to actually kinda liking it, and now I hate it again and wish it never happened. Even if we did get some good characters like Djinn out of it and Wallace became significantly less annoying than he was in the other run. I might hate this more than what's happening with Jon right now.

Just....please let Tomasi save this boy. He doesn't have to go back to Bruce. Hell, he doesn't even necessarily need to go back to being Robin right away. Just...get him and the Teen Titans out of this nightmare that reeks of Didio's edgelord mandates.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-21-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post

Herm, Batman. You hold criminal against their will all the time... and it's also what prisons are for, by the way. It's more the lack of due process you should highlight, and you're terribly misplaced to judge him on that... And the mind-wiping. Well, you are against it, but it had results, far better than your methods...

Yeah Bruce doesn't really have a leg to stand on here, unless he's just doing this because he knows what he does is bad and doesn't want his son to go down the same road. In which case...lead by example, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah Bruce doesn't really have a leg to stand on here, unless he's just doing this because he knows what he does is bad and doesn't want his son to go down the same road. In which case...lead by example, bitch.
    Pretty sure we are supposed to forget that it's something he does...

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Pretty sure we are supposed to forget that it's something he does...
    It's what DC does. Making Batman look better than he actually is by shitting on everyone else and ignoring what he has done.

They are trying to use Bruce as the morally correct good guy here, ignoring that he doesn't fit that role while Damian is supposed to be wrong and morally corrupt.
    I was pretty annoyed when I saw the page in issue 43 where Damian claimed Bruce didn't go far enough when he only broke KGBeast back (according to the editor's note in Batman 85). That's not what happened, Bruce broke KGBeast's neck and left him lying there in the snow "to get his own damn help" in 57. But I guess that didn't fit the point Damian was trying to make in Teen Titans.