Page 221 of 313 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 4692
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly, he's had the robin moniker for years now. I'm fine with him getting a new name. With Tomasi writing him next, I doubt any tension will really last for long.
    It just seemed to me that Thompson did everything here so that Damian had the opportunity to return to Batfamily (no Titans, he's done with them, probably) without any problems, in the sense that Bruce did not reject him, but, on the contrary, was devastated, admitted that he let him down and asked him to return. And the emphasis is made on the fact that the cause of Damian's breakdown is the death of Alfred and Dick's amnesia, at least one of this will soon be fixed. And Alfred will return, we all know that this will happen. And Tynion said, that their goal to reunite Batfamily.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the main reason why they still went this way here is rather a desire to make Tim Robin again, and give Damian a new alias.

Fantastic Member

Honestly, he's had the robin moniker for years now. I'm fine with him getting a new name. With Tomasi writing him next, I doubt any tension will really last for long.
    I agree with him getting a new alias, and tensions between him and Bruce won't be permanent.
    Though him getting a new name while still working with Bruce just after losing the Robin title.
    I think Tomasi could maybe write off Damian having enough of having the legacy of the Batman and League of Assassins down his throat, and just do his own thing with a new alias symbolizing he's going to choose his own way from now on.
    That way Tim Drake could be the de facto Robin, while they could use Damian's new alias whenever some story plotline needs a side character.

A new Alias is the future! I fundamentally believe Damian is popular enough to end up with his own identity as popular as Nightwing or Red Hood. All it needs is a good writer behind it and a good design!

Listen, I hate this run just like everybody, but I actually kind of liked this annual. I feel it could have been so much worse than this, and I am happy that Bruce didn't act like a complete *******. This is what I wanted, I wanted him to realize that Damian needs help, not to treat him like a unforgivable villain. I don't know what comes next now, but I am glad Tomasi is the one who will write it.

Astonishing Member

This sounds promising.

But, I have been promised new aliases before...and been very disappointed.

Also, a new alias would suggest a new costume...I've been very, very disappointed by new costumes.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, if Damian stop to be Robin, I suspect DC will still want to mantain his connection to Batman. So, I wouldn't be surprised by Batboy or Batkid as his new alias.

I really doubt DC want Damian to be independent from Bruce. I suspect they will send him to the limbo before that.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    This sounds promising.

But, I have been promised new aliases before...and been very disappointed.

Also, a new alias would suggest a new costume...I've been very, very disappointed by new costumes.
    Well, Tim is under Drake alias in the Robin suit.

So, it seems even a new alias doesn't mean a new costume.

Fantastic Member

If Damian would ever get a new alias, just a possibility not saying it might happen.
    What do you guys think his color schemes for his costume should be.
    Dick has the blue and black.
    Jason has the red and black.
    Tim has the red and green.
    Damian? I think his color schemes should be like his outfit in the battle of cowl, white and black? thoughts?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, if Damian stop to be Robin, I suspect DC will still want to mantain his connection to Batman. So, I wouldn't be surprised by Batboy or Batkid as his new alias.

I really doubt DC want Damian to be independent from Bruce. I suspect they will send him to the limbo before that.

Well, Tim is under Drake alias in the Robin suit.

So, it seems even a new alias doesn't mean a new costume.
    See I wanna say Batboy and Batkid sound bad and they'd never go with that but they gave Drake Drake

Bloodbat for Damian please. It ticks all the cool boxes : you know is dangerous (cause bloodbath), that he is related to the bat by blood and that legacy and heritage are very important to the character.

Come on DC, I didn't want to spell it, but if you really can't be bothered to find a cool nickname for Damian in all the languages he speaks (Arabic, English, probably ancient and modern Greek, Turkic, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, probably Chinese and Japanese) go for something like Bloodbat, not Batkid or Batboy.

Damian is supposed to be surprisingly threatening and dangerous for a small package (if you don't allow him o grow like he should, reaching 14 years old soon I guess), not just ridiculous.

Astonishing Member

Tynion said months ago, that Damian is a big part of his 2021 Batfamily plans, so, there will be no limbo.
    Actually, it will be funny, if they will make him a Robin again, like nothing happened. I just remember Doom War, Damian was still Robin there, and that was presumably in the future.
    But if there will be new a alias, probably Tomasi will introduce it at the end of his 'Tec storyline.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 08-25-2020 at 07:55 AM.

This issue was great. Damian was on fire!!!
    I hope he'll get a new alias... I always imagined him intimidating like Death. Black costume with little golden (or silver... Okay) details like his Ra's Al ghul costume....Dark and broody like the bat, but dangerous like Ra's..
    I imagine him as an antihero that watches but rarely intervenes, however when he does, hell breaks over... But that requires an age-up.... Oh and a biblical name must be included as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Tynion said months ago, that Damian is a big part of his 2021 Batfamily plans, so, there will be no limbo.
    Actually, it will be funny, if they will make him a Robin again, like nothing happened. I just remember Doom War, Damian was still Robin there, and that was presumably in the future.
    But if there will be new a alias, probably Tomasi will introduce it at the end of his 'Tec storyline.
    Maybe you read something I didn't, but that's not what he said in the stuff I read. He said they had "big plans" for Damian's return in the bat books. That could be simply referring to Tomasi using him in Detective comics. It doesn't mean Tynion plans to give him a big role in the main Batman book.
    The timeline is a mess, so I would't use Doom War as proof for anything. The order of events was all over the place with that one.

He's not had it long enough and clearly he still needs guidance.

I feel like people are forgetting the purpose of the Robin Mantle. To give lost boys the right direction.

Not to mention that Damian is 13 and Bruce's kid. It'll look pretty dodgy for him to let his underage son just go off heroing on his own while still living under his roof.

Damian is still going to be Robin.

I know that Bruce these days thinks Robin was a failed experiment and says that Batman doesn't need Robin. But Damian still needs his guidance. Especially now after we saw him head down a dark path in his quest to keep civilians safe

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    If Damian would ever get a new alias, just a possibility not saying it might happen.
    What do you guys think his color schemes for his costume should be.
    Dick has the blue and black.
    Jason has the red and black.
    Tim has the red and green.
    Damian? I think his color schemes should be like his outfit in the battle of cowl, white and black? thoughts?
    I think Tim is usually has red and yellow, not green. He wears green only on rebirth and that's carbon copy of original Robin suit which naturally has green. This is why I don't like that Gotham Knight games give Tim green color theme. Besides, Robin logo is yellow for years and Batgirl color is either purple or orange so why they give green for Tim?

Okay, I'm getting out of topic. For me I'd like if Damian's new name and costume aren't connected to either Bat or Al-Ghul. Just like he said, he's free from them. I've always thought that green is his color theme (and honestly he looks good on green) but it kinda makes him linked to Ra's Al-Ghul. The same logic applies to black. So maybe his color theme can be grey or silver, just like his Batman666 costume, and as emphasis that he's the blend between two world and two ideology.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I think Tim is usually has red and yellow, not green. He wears green only on rebirth and that's carbon copy of original Robin suit which naturally has green. This is why I don't like that Gotham Knight games give Tim green color theme. Besides, Robin logo is yellow for years and Batgirl color is either purple or orange so why they give green for Tim?

Okay, I'm getting out of topic. For me I'd like if Damian's new name and costume aren't connected to either Bat or Al-Ghul. Just like he said, he's free from them. I've always thought that green is his color theme (and honestly he looks good on green) but it kinda makes him linked to Ra's Al-Ghul. The same logic applies to black. So maybe his color theme can be grey or silver, just like his Batman666 costume, and as emphasis that he's the blend between two world and two ideology.
    Tim originally used green color like other Robins. He started to use his "red" Robin in OYL (Robin 148). So, he uses green most of his time as Robin.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-25-2020 at 10:17 AM.