Page 222 of 313 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 4692
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Bloodbat for Damian please. It ticks all the cool boxes : you know is dangerous (cause bloodbath), that he is related to the bat by blood and that legacy and heritage are very important to the character.

Come on DC, I didn't want to spell it, but if you really can't be bothered to find a cool nickname for Damian in all the languages he speaks (Arabic, English, probably ancient and modern Greek, Turkic, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, probably Chinese and Japanese) go for something like Bloodbat, not Batkid or Batboy.

Damian is supposed to be surprisingly threatening and dangerous for a small package (if you don't allow him o grow like he should, reaching 14 years old soon I guess), not just ridiculous.
    Bloodbat is badass name, but if with that name means that his costume will be red themed, sorry I will pass. We have enough reds in the family.Personally I like his given name meaning, "to tame" or "to conquer". So maybe they can give him codename on other language means "tame" or "conquer" and sounds badass. Or if DC feels particularly lazy, as they're always lately, Tamer is fine, maybe.

Wow. I usually subscribe to the "they'e just fictional characters, no point getting actually upset about them" but this and Heroes in Crisis hold the tiles of the only comics that have made me so mad that my hands shook. I've never seen something that so perfectly encapsulates why Bruce and Damian have been pissing me off lately.

You know....this would have been good. This could have been good. This could have been good for both of them. If Damian hadn't stopped at the same "your way doesn't work!" shit that Red Hood was on back when he first came onto the scene (One more reason why I'm not a fan of Damian going "Rogue". Kid, you're not unique. You're literally just the old Jason now). If you're gonna call Bruce to the carpet, go all the way. This was your chance to really unload on him. He isn't just a hypocrite. He isn't just failing as a crime fighter. He's failed as a patriarch to your entire family.

Likewise, Bruce. Don't act like you don't know what this is about! "I don't know what brought this on", ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? It goes WAY further than just Alfred (and I wish they would have acknowledged why he started this team in the first place) despite this issue trying to repeatedly hit you over the head with a "this is about Alfred" shaped brick. This is the result of issues the two of you have been having for a VERY long time. And yet you're still barely owning up to anything. Instead you offer up a generic platitude and a hug!? I'd have punched you too! Who knows? Since the family apparently communicates through hitting each other, or some Tom King bullshit, maybe Damian was actually saying "I love you" [eyeroll]

This annual was...actually very well written. And it reminded me of how much I was actually starting to like these Titans. I'm more than ready for this damaging run to end, but I'm glad it's at least ending on a note that doesn't make me hate everyone. As for Damian...I don't agree that it's time for him to move away from Robin. He's still young, selfish, one track minded, and (contrary to what he thinks) very immature. It's funny. Because despite this run being a culmination of all his pent up aggression towards him, it's reminded me of just how alike he and Bruce are.

I do want Damian to find his own identity eventually but...not like this. This ain't the way, chief. I know I'm probably worrying myself over nothing (especially since he's about to be in Tomasi's hands now) but I really am concerned about where things are going with him.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-25-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'm surprised that Bruce admitted his failure. Usually, everyone else is to blame for Bruce's failures and bad behavior.

Surprisingly, I am torn.

In itself, I obviously like Damian clocking Bruce and teeling him his truths. I even like the portrayal of the Teen Titans, especially Emiko and Wallace. I think that Damian is more than able, at thirteen, to become independant precisely ebcause he isn't a normal thirteen years old kid. I find his reasoning logical and Batman's attempt to sway him more than a little ludicrous.

But on the other hand, I feel that the fight with Deathstroke took some wind from the emotional elements of this story which prevented all the other players to go all out, especially Damian on Bruce.

But I still like this issue, especially ebcause of Damian stating that he wants to get away from Batman's shadows. That's great news to my ears and I hope it'll stick, when he'll get his own identity (please, let Jorge Jimenez design the new suit!)

Astonishing Member

As far as colors go:

• Grasyon is blue
    • Jason is red
    • Drake is yellow
    • Damian is green

ya know, i'd be strangely okay with Tim as a yellow Robin and Damian as a green Robin. Just a thought.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 08-26-2020 at 05:32 AM.

Ozymandias94

Call him Outcast, give him a katana with black and silver theme costume.

Not a fan of Outcast myself. I think it'll take away some of his agency away. Damian is choosing this and he should own it. Frankly, he isn't wrong at all in here.

Astonishing Member

Not a fan of Outcast myself. I think it'll take away some of his agency away. Damian is choosing this and he should own it. Frankly, he isn't wrong at all in here.
    Yeah. Them having Damian name himself "Outcast" (or accepting someone else dubbing him that name) casts the light that this wasn't a willful, legitimate choice of Damian's own. It gives too much weight to Batman or the Al'Ghuls (sp?) via implying he's "missing out" by choosing to separate himself from their influence. This would be tone-deaf given the circumstances and meaning behind Damian's choice in the first place, and as Korath says, would strip the agency (and gravitas) away from Damian having made that choice.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-25-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Bloodbat for Damian please. It ticks all the cool boxes : you know is dangerous (cause bloodbath), that he is related to the bat by blood and that legacy and heritage are very important to the character.

Come on DC, I didn't want to spell it, but if you really can't be bothered to find a cool nickname for Damian in all the languages he speaks (Arabic, English, probably ancient and modern Greek, Turkic, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, probably Chinese and Japanese) go for something like Bloodbat, not Batkid or Batboy.

Damian is supposed to be surprisingly threatening and dangerous for a small package (if you don't allow him o grow like he should, reaching 14 years old soon I guess), not just ridiculous.
    Bloodbat sounds too much like an edgy 90's hero to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bloodbat sounds too much like an edgy 90's hero to me.
    It may or may not be intentional

How about "True Bat"?

"Demonbat?"

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

As much as I like Bloodbat, he's dissociating, so no bat in the title, not even low bat

It needs to be something that is neither bat, demon, or bird because his dissociating from all of them

Green Hood

no

Something an edgy preteen would use

Night Reaper

You want edgy? what about....Deathblow
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Wow. I usually subscribe to the "they'e just fictional characters, no point getting actually upset about them" but this and Heroes in Crisis hold the tiles of the only comics that have made me so mad that my hands shook. I've never seen something that so perfectly encapsulates why Bruce and Damian have been pissing me off lately.

You know....this would have been good. This could have been good. This could have been good for both of them. If Damian hadn't stopped at the same "your way doesn't work!" shit that Red Hood was on back when he first came onto the scene (One more reason why I'm not a fan of Damian going "Rogue". Kid, you're not unique. You're literally just the old Jason now). If you're gonna call Bruce to the carpet, go all the way. This was your chance to really unload on him. He isn't just a hypocrite. He isn't just failing as a crime fighter. He's failed as a patriarch to your entire family.

Likewise, Bruce. Don't act like you don't know what this is about! "I don't know what brought this on", ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? It goes WAY further than just Alfred (and I wish they would have acknowledged why he started this team in the first place) despite this issue trying to repeatedly hit you over the head with a "this is about Alfred" shaped brick. This is the result of issues the two of you have been having for a VERY long time. And yet you're still barely owning up to anything. Instead you offer up a generic platitude and a hug!? I'd have punched you too! Who knows? Since the family apparently communicates through hitting each other, or some Tom King bullshit, maybe Damian was actually saying "I love you" [eyeroll]

This annual was...actually very well written. And it reminded me of how much I was actually starting to like these Titans. I'm more than ready for this damaging run to end, but I'm glad it's at least ending on a note that doesn't make me hate everyone. As for Damian...I don't agree that it's time for him to move away from Robin. He's still young, selfish, one track minded, and (contrary to what he thinks) very immature. It's funny. Because despite this run being a culmination of all his pent up aggression towards him, it's reminded me of just how alike he and Bruce are.

I do want Damian to find his own identity eventually but...not like this. This ain't the way, chief. I know I'm probably worrying myself over nothing (especially since he's about to be in Tomasi's hands now) but I really am concerned about where things are going with him.
    Having just read the issue, I agree with you. It's not something I wanted to happen to Damian's character, but it was a good idea referencing nightwing getting shot and alfred dying as for why Damian had this change of character as of late.