Page 223 of 313 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4692
    Astonishing Member

I'm surprised no one's suggested Flamebird as Damian's new alias.

It fits since he's happiest when partnered with Grayson.

hafid alshaytan - Grandson of the Demon

Bastard Son
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I'm surprised no one's suggested Flamebird as Damian's new alias.

It fits since he's happiest when partnered with Grayson.
    Many people have suggested that. Many times. Even before we knew Damian was gonna go this route. I've never really cared for the name, myself. But at this point, I'll gladly take it.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of issues that Damian needs to work out before he comes close to working with another Batfamily member right now. Even Dick. Granted, Dick should also have a lot to work out right now and it would be cool seeing those two sort themselves out together. But we all know that won't happen.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-25-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Many people have suggested that. Many times. Even before we knew Damian was gonna go this route. I've never really cared for the name, myself. But at this point, I'll gladly take it.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of issues that Damian needs to work out before he comes close to working with another Batfamily member right now. Even Dick. Granted, Dick should also have a lot to work out right now and it would be cool seeing those two sort themselves out together. But we all know that won't happen.

Definitely, he's going to issues with most of the Batfamily after this.
    Top of the list would be Tim, he would rip him a part ala Pre-New 52, remember that issue where he'd recorded Damian as a threat then fought near Crime Alley.
    Jason, remember that issue where Red Hood beats down Damian. Strained relationship.
    Barbara won't approve of Damian going Assassin's Creed kills.
    Cass? wouldn't associate with him. Indifferent
    Steph? wouldn't associate with him. Indifferent.
    Duke? wouldn't associate with him. Indifferent.
    Harper? wouldn't associate with him. Indifferent.
    Dick is the most likely person to give Damian a chance.

Anyone else from the Batfam I missed out?

Still think Damian's new alias, in my opinion, could be Rokh. Simple name, taken from mythology just like Dick Grayson's nightwing.

Astonishing Member

yes, i know.

I meant that no one had suggested it again in the last few hours since the Teen Titans Annual came out.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    yes, i know.

I meant that no one had suggested it again in the last few hours since the Teen Titans Annual came out.
    Because Damian said that he's finally free, so it's more possible that he will have independent name and not become someone's sidekick, even for Dick Grayson

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Definitely, he's going to issues with most of the Batfamily after this.
    Top of the list would be Tim, he would rip him a part ala Pre-New 52, remember that issue where he'd recorded Damian as a threat then fought near Crime Alley.
    Jason, remember that issue where Red Hood beats down Damian. Strained relationship.
    Barbara won't approve of Damian going Assassin's Creed kills.
    Cass? wouldn't associate with him. Indifferent
    Steph? wouldn't associate with him. Indifferent.
    Duke? wouldn't associate with him. Indifferent.
    Harper? wouldn't associate with him. Indifferent.
    Dick is the most likely person to give Damian a chance.

Anyone else from the Batfam I missed out?

Still think Damian's new alias, in my opinion, could be Rokh. Simple name, taken from mythology just like Dick Grayson's nightwing.
    Whether or not Duke would or wouldn't associate with Damian would be context dependent, but would be more than within the realm of possibility. Especially given their strong character moment that occurred during their seminal (in feel and presentation, even if not in actuality) Robin War interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Because Damian said that he's finally free, so it's more possible that he will have independent name and not become someone's sidekick, even for Dick Grayson
    I mean....There is a difference between being partners and being a sidekick.

But yes. I think the whole point of this, unfortunately, is that Damian's gonna be going solo for a while. Which I normally wouldn't mind but....given the current state he's in.....Ugh.

Because despite this run being a culmination of all his pent up aggression towards him, it's reminded me of just how alike he and Bruce are.
    That's really the entire reason Morrison had him be Dick's Robin. Robin is supposed to play off Batman because they have opposing personalities. The light to Batman's darkness. In their case, it was reversed because you have Robin''s darkness bouncing off Batman's light. New 52 just had Robin's darkness and Batman's darkness feeding into each other. It's why writers opted to have Bruce try to be a good father and be a good influence on Damian (become Damian's light) but it really didn't stick and work in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Lol look at how he handled reconciling with Cass in her series. He would probably beat Damian black and blue as a bonding process.
    What hapenned?

Why are you guys suggesting silver color for him?
    I like he with green... there is so many possibilities, Ra's and Batman appearance don't need to be just about color, Damian can use green in many ways that don't remember the Al Ghuls.
    About the name, not with Bat, would make no sense after what he just said...
    I think if Dick talks with Damian would not be contradictory they becoming partners, since Dicks accepts Damian and believes in him, not like "Batman's sons or Al Ghul's grandson". Firebird is not dependent of nightwing wing too like Robin is with Batman.
    But if he would take another name, I think would be less fanciful. Is Damian from Pakistan? The flag has a cool moon and star...
    I can't think in English so well, but I would like if wasn't a full with anger name as death stroke has.
    And, I still don't like the idea of Damian being alone, if he will follow his "own path" I would like if he stays on himalaya with monks.
    Or since Outlaws are ending... I think he and Jason could stay a couple of issues together? They can make this works.
    Damian lost baby tooth 2 years ago, ge is a baby, can't be let by himself yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Bloodbat is badass name, but if with that name means that his costume will be red themed, sorry I will pass. We have enough reds in the family.Personally I like his given name meaning, "to tame" or "to conquer". So maybe they can give him codename on other language means "tame" or "conquer" and sounds badass. Or if DC feels particularly lazy, as they're always lately, Tamer is fine, maybe.
    DC: "Damian" means "Tame", we need a name that meas "Tamer"... let's put his new hero name as... "Damian"
    Everybody saw this coming, but, stil...

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Whether or not Duke would or wouldn't associate with Damian would be context dependent, but would be more than within the realm of possibility. Especially given their strong character moment that occurred during their seminal (in feel and presentation, even if not in actuality) Robin War interaction.
    Yeah, and after the Outsiders, I could see Duke seeking Damian.

But as for an alias... is Justice already taken at DC ? It could fit Damian's motives.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    DC: "Damian" means "Tame", we need a name that meas "Tamer"... let's put his new hero name as... "Damian"
    Everybody saw this coming, but, stil...
    That's why I said if DC feels particularly lazy, which is unfortunately their permanent mood lately.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yeah, and after the Outsiders, I could see Duke seeking Damian.

But as for an alias... is Justice already taken at DC ? It could fit Damian's motives.
    Speaking of which, what happened to Duke? Last I heard he and Cass were on a mission together, what happened?

As for aliases, give or take Damian might just wanna lay low and get a new alias after the recent annual. Let the kid cool off before jumping on to a new name.