Page 237 of 313 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So even if Dick or Duke is there it won't matter because what he wants is his dad, and his kidnapping the Titans is acting out, if dad is busy with the League then I'll be busy with the Titans.

The question is if Colin, Maya, and Suren are within reach, would he need to kidnap the Titans or just form a new one, with Emiko, Wallace, and Jackson following later?
    It's a good question.
    For me:
    Still about the birthday, if Duke and Dick was there, Damian would not let the manor in that day, what doesn't means he wouldn't leave 1 week later for felling alone again. Dick was far away and Duke had is own team, Batman would keep absent and Damian would go away in a short time

The question is if Colin, Maya, and Suren are within reach, would he need to kidnap the Titans or just form a new one, with Emiko, Wallace, and Jackson following later?
    I think if even just one of them were close, not just available, but close, this would already like being part of something, that is my opinion.

And if he had our dream team would already be likes Damian's TT. So, no sense in kidnapping another group for not being alone.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Just saying, Damian being aggressive with Duke in first Signal, don't really means he disapproves Duke.
    He take much time for expose approbation, like Jon as a Friend, Maya as a competent person, Tim as part of Batfamily, Dick as a brother. I think he already fell in this way much before he shows it. *Also Titus and Alfred (the human).
    Duke is one more "I like this guy, but will never admit it", if Duke ask for help in any moment Damian will say annoying things and help, just like the movie, popcorn thing . It is his tsundere side we talked before, and if this is not being tsundere I don't know what is.
    He also 've admired Bruce since he can remember and just said in new 52, after Nobody thing.

Batman and Robin in new 52 is my perfect Bruce and Damian relationship for me, it's dark, cool, has light cute moments, the steps of they relationship about trust, love, respect is slow but well writted. After Damian cames back I felt a regression :/
    My point is, Damian and Duke has a good potential relationship, but instead developing it further they made Damian antagonized Duke without any resolution, then they almost never interract again except when Duke intentionally made Damian cry. I want him to have a nice stable relationship with at least one of his family member, why DC made him completely estranged with his family (and friends)? If DC can't create new bond between Damian with new character, at least don't ignore or even sever his bond with other people who already has good relationship with Damian. I noticed that DC use the same tactic with Bruce (hence why Batjerk or Bat abusive dad is so loudly complained recently).

Also I want to confirm that I don't have problem with Cass depicted stronger than Damian. Damian for me is like jack of all trades but master of none, since canonly he's good at fight, use many type of guns, sword, katana, dual sword, bow and arrow, throw bataraang with perfect precision, good at art, music instrument, engineering, making strategies, handling animal, acting, medical work, studies, detective work, logical deductive, driving, and apparently magic lately? (tell me if I miss something). But Cass was trained to be good at fight and fight alone since childhood, so it's logical if Cass is master at fight and better than Damian or even Batman. What I don't like is situation when a woman using violence to man when clearly the woman is the the wrong one, but fans see nothing wrong with that even applaud it because apparently 'woman beating man is badass' or something.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

So even if Dick or Duke is there it won't matter because what he wants is his dad, and his kidnapping the Titans is acting out, if dad is busy with the League then I'll be busy with the Titans.

Whoa whoa, let's we get something right. Damian didn't kidnap Titans because he was lonely on his birthday, nor because he wants a friend. He just want Bruce on his birthday like a child who want his dad to treat their birthday as something important for him. When it turns out Bruce couldn't celebrate his birthday with him instead went to work with Justice League, he was settled to spend the rest of his day brooding on top of gargoyle under the rain (for dramatic purpose apparently, wonder where he get that from), but his mother and a gift from his grandpa had to warn him that his cousin and her group choose him and the Titans as Year of Blood target.

So he kidnapped those who were targeted by Mara's group and persuade them to work together with him because they have the same enemy (yes kidnapping is not a good method for that but of all skills that Damian has, social skill is not one of them). He never feels the need to have friends, only allies. He saw Colin as ally, Maya is the one who persistently follow him, he sympathized with Suren because they have similar situation, and he kidnapped Jon not because he wants to be friend with him, but think that Jon needs to be supervised. Sure, in the end they became friends with Damian, but it's not intentional or planned from Damian's side.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 08-30-2020 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1322 View Post

I understand that and I was only point out that if Damian was remove not only Bruce but the other batfamily members with no major hero to step in to he back into the fold the be no story of in the comic.

I like to agree but can you actually say for sure and not sure what actually point is with Damian actions so I just agree for time being.

But your maybe right about Dick going to see Damian but Tim

Sorry it was more to.help me keep track of the point I replaying to then anything else.

Also again sorry more use people say the old characters should be used more as way as attack on the new characters.
    But truthful with amount of time that tim fan push this type argument and trying push misinformation. It hard to tell at time

Yes probably but I feel.I bit bias too give full agreement as two.favourite character happen because of lack of control
    I see..

Damian problems with Batman methods started in Metal..

Anyway. It should be frustating 3 years later after join batman see that all the Bat-enemies that he saw his first year as Robin(even if they died) continue here and that many of them have been here for more than 1 decade escaping from the asylum or prison.. and that there are even more bat-villains now since he joined batman 3 years ago.

Tim? Knowing Damian and Tim fanbases problems with the other better don´t put them together.. Or something will be wrong here and one of the fanbases will complain about the other fanbase guy

I was not saying that for attack New Characters. I continue thinking that the Batwing idea was good.
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-31-2020 at 02:01 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I see..

Damian problems with Batman methods started in Metal..

Anyway. It should be frustating 3 years later after join batman see that all the Bat-enemies that he saw his first year as Robin(even if they died) continue here and that many of them have been here for more than 1 decade escaping from the asylum or prison.. and that there are even more bat-villains now since he joined batman 3 years ago.

Tim? Knowing Damian and Tim fanbases problems with the other better don´t put them together.. Or something will be wrong here and one of the fanbases will complain about the other fanbase guy

I was not saying that for attack New Characters. I continue thinking that the Batwing idea was good.
    I have not actually read metal But I thought from how people were comment about it that it happened after he started to question batman methods.

That my issue i thought this part was dealt with especially as this storyline never set up good enough argument that that work to counter his past development that was move in line with follow batmsn idea but killing if the chance was needed if I understand correctly thus why I say he was moving to central point. Plus with Damian have closer bond with dick why would he care about batman way outside the fact it what Dick what him to do so I don't understand why written that way.

Okay I may have forget parts so Damian may have better bond with Bruce then I am remembering

The part new character Yes that my fault for misunderstood you point sorry about that
    Last edited by Shadow1322; 08-31-2020 at 05:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Whoa whoa, let's we get something right. Damian didn't kidnap Titans because he was lonely on his birthday, nor because he wants a friend. He just want Bruce on his birthday like a child who want his dad to treat their birthday as something important for him. When it turns out Bruce couldn't celebrate his birthday with him instead went to work with Justice League, he was settled to spend the rest of his day brooding on top of gargoyle under the rain (for dramatic purpose apparently, wonder where he get that from), but his mother and a gift from his grandpa had to warn him that his cousin and her group choose him and the Titans as Year of Blood target.

So he kidnapped those who were targeted by Mara's group and persuade them to work together with him because they have the same enemy (yes kidnapping is not a good method for that but of all skills that Damian has, social skill is not one of them). He never feels the need to have friends, only allies. He saw Colin as ally, Maya is the one who persistently follow him, he sympathized with Suren because they have similar situation, and he kidnapped Jon not because he wants to be friend with him, but think that Jon needs to be supervised. Sure, in the end they became friends with Damian, but it's not intentional or planned from Damian's side.
    Che... so it has to be that team

Why do people never talk about this? (I don't read these series, in case you can't tell... the moment they made Bruce not attending Damian's birthday I was out. I thought it doesn't make sense considering he was... you know... dead... and all the lengths Bruce went through to get him back and be with him... it doesn't make sense to me that Bruce is unavailable no matter what the reason)

All people talk about is the fact that Damian said, to the Titans, he has no friends. So I thought that's the only reason.

Cass was a new creation in New 52 so Damian wouldn't know her
    You're thinking of Harper Row, Bluebird.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Is there reboot of comics happening and if Damian is no longer robin will be be written out of the comics as other believe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1322 View Post
    Is there reboot of comics happening and if Damian is no longer robin will be be written out of the comics as other believe
    That worried me. I hope they don't want to dissapear Damian from main continuity, so Batman would be younger.

To be clear, I don't think they will totally dissapear Damian since he is too popular, but I'm worried they put him on OGNs (where they could ignore most of his story or change his personality).
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-31-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Something that happened to Damian?
    Definitely has got to be the fact that writers often forget that he has friends besides Dick and Jon.
    I'd want Damian have some friends again.
    Collin Wilkes
    Stephanie Brown
    Maya Ducard
    Soren
    Maps

I'd want Damian to have his own cast of friends for supporting characters, seems like he's portrayed as a lone wolf anti social now aways, which is true about the anti-social part but c'mon. The kid did have friends.
    Yes, I hope to see more of Damian's friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    That worried me. I hope they don't want to dissapear Damian from main continuity, so Batman would be younger.

To be clear, I don't think they will totally dissapear Damian since he is too popular, but I'm worried they put him on OGNs (where they could ignore most of his story or change his personality).
    I thought I had read he's going to be the antagonist in an upcoming Detective Comics story.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I thought I had read he's going to be the antagonist in an upcoming Detective Comics story.
    Out side the fact he not evil but I leave that part and was a badly thought out idea that only was push to make Tim robin again so I hope dc would be smarter enough not to push that idea.

Not Tim as robin. That other part to be clear

You realise you telling to.comment that talking and sometimes entire

different now that actually read you comment more clearly
    He involved and is work against Bruce to.my.understanding the antagonist in that Detective Comics story is not Damian thought

Also I talking about if reboot happen you bring up a comic that still point of this run .
    Last edited by Shadow1322; 08-31-2020 at 06:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Oh I never about point that may remove to make him young it make sense with the push to added all characters from the 90 back in even if I disagree with it.

"I don't think they will totally dissapear Damian since he is too popular,"that fine to say but there not A lot they can do with character as young as Damian who brunch out.

where they could ignore most of his story or change his personality

If they can centralize his character arc and characterise then I been fine with it also it stay close to his it was originally writing but trimmed the fat

You know it’s kind of intriguing looking at the various incarnations of Damian right now

1. The main continuity one whose had it with his father, quit being Robin, and may be back to killing and probably thrown away his friends.

2. Injustice Damian who flat out betrayed his father and sided with Superman, I guess he has the rest of the Regime.

3. DCeased Damian who kind of respects his father and was a little worried about becoming Batman but has done so to honor his dying wish, got to grow up with Alfred and his buddy Jon while apparently starting a relationship with the new Wonder Woman.

How is it that the Damian in a zombie apocalypse is the more well adjusted of the version?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.