Page 243 of 313 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It may or may not be on less scrutable streaming websites...
    Yeah, that's how I watched it. Not a lot of choice with no legal release.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't see Damian getting back to Robin any time soon. Wouldn't make sense when WB is clearly pushing Tim as the Robin in outside medias now - probably because they've realized that it's his most recognizable feature and he isn't really suited for another identity, when Damian doesn't really need the Robin mantle.

Ah, I want a readers opinion.
    There is a couple o fics that talk about Damian having Asperger's syndrome, there is moments that this make much sense for me, and others that I just fell "it's just Damian creation, he was not taught for speak with common persons".
    What are you guys opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't see Damian getting back to Robin any time soon. Wouldn't make sense when WB is clearly pushing Tim as the Robin in outside medias now - probably because they've realized that it's his most recognizable feature and he isn't really suited for another identity, when Damian doesn't really need the Robin mantle.
    I'm not really sure about that, to be honest... I don't know if Damian will be Robin again soon or not, but I don't think they are trying to push Tim as the Robin. I think that maybe a lot of that is related to a lot of weird timing, if you think about it. Damian was originally supposed to give up the mantle in the start of this year, Drake was supposed to be pushed forward. Plans changes, and they ended up happening at the same time that DC Fandome did, in which there's Gotham Knights. But in that gam it makes sense to use Tim as Robin, because it is a new universe, and it doesn't mean Damian will never appear. Other than that, where was Tim Robin recently? Young Justice, in which Damian is eventally going to appear?

I think is just really hard to understand what is happening right now, and all we can do is wait until Damian's arc in Detective starts to see what happens.
    Last edited by the1&onlyE.; 09-07-2020 at 01:55 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Wow so you arguing bad writing is good now because it help your favourite character. You have point if the dc don't push Damian development back how was when was first introduced to give Tim the role back and now is unclear what going to what to Damian all because Tim as character is so badly written he can't fit anything else

outside medias now

And
    No really if that best points you have when the outside medias then how many actually use actually comic event

Or like cartoons have Tim has different characteristic for actually character in comic so you point still moot plus people that read comic and people that just care about the outside medias are two groups so no that not good argument for dc much Damian development just so Tim can be robin again

I don't know if Damian will be Robin again soon or not, but I don't think they are trying to push Tim as the Robin. I think that maybe a lot of that is related to a lot of weird timing, if you think about it. Damian was originally supposed to give up the mantle in the start of this year,

It still bad writing that dc has plan to muck Damian development.
    The problem is not were he is or is robin if the Tim fan what tim.to be stick and never actually developing as character because he just robin the sidekick to batman fine but that actually problem it how d.c. Did it that problem. They could just made identity like they did for Dick
    Last edited by Shadow1322; 09-07-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1322 View Post
    Wow so you arguing bad writing is good now because it help your favourite character. You have point if the dc don't push Damian development back how was when was first introduced to give Tim the role back and now is unclear what going to what to Damian all because Tim as character is so badly written he can't fit anything else

outside medias now

And
    No really if that best points you have when the outside medias then how many actually use actually comic event

Or like cartoons have Tim has different characteristic for actually character in comic so you point still moot plus people that read comic and people that just care about the outside medias are two groups so no that not good argument for dc much Damian development just so Tim can be robin again
    And why you rush in here to protect you dame Tim I don't know
    I don't know if Damian will be Robin again soon or not, but I don't think they are trying to push Tim as the Robin. I think that maybe a lot of that is related to a lot of weird timing, if you think about it. Damian was originally supposed to give up the mantle in the start of this year,

It still bad writing that dc has plan to muck Damian development.
    The problem is not were he is or is robin if the Tim fan what tim.to be stick and never actually developing as character because he just robin the sidekick to batman fine but that actually problem it how d.c. Did it that problem. They could just made identity like they did for Dick
    Yah, Korath is not a Tim fan. I can assure you that. And his post was giving Damian props as a character, not the other way around

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Yah, Korath is not a Tim fan. I can assure you that. And his post was giving Damian props as a character, not the other way around
    Yes, knowing what d.c. Is doing and that could be the worst possible thing not just for Damian but actually a kid who have complex issue or kid or adults able to get out of gangs or have behaviour issues because people never actually look into the see character in the mainstream They judge from that information so D. C. Outright say Those kids are unchangeable or monster is good how exactly and how given Damian props as a character when his entire character arc witch had an good message is muck up so Tim can be the robin. Kindly explain please

Also, I had more points then just there part you highlighted

You have point if the d.c. don't push Damian development back how was when was first introduced to give Tim the role back and now is unclear what going to what to Damian
    Also being it questioned how he was giving Damian props as a character and I agree with him that Damian don't need be robin to develop as a character thought was the fact he stop being robin my issue in the first place sorry should made that clear from the start
    Last edited by Shadow1322; 09-07-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Ah, I want a readers opinion.
    There is a couple o fics that talk about Damian having Asperger's syndrome, there is moments that this make much sense for me, and others that I just fell "it's just Damian creation, he was not taught for speak with common persons".
    What are you guys opinions?
    Honestly, one of my biggest pet peeves in fanfics, is when things are added to characters that the writer already can't write. So, I avoid them.

Yes, knowing what d.c. Is doing and that could be the worst possible thing not just for Damian but actually a kid who have complex issue or kid or adults able to get out of gangs or have behaviour issues because people never actually look into the see character in the mainstream They judge from that information so D. C. Outright say Those kids are unchangeable or monster is good how exactly and how given Damian props as a character when his entire character arc witch had an good message is muck up so Tim can be the robin. Kindly explain please

Also, I had more points then just there part you highlighted

You have point if the d.c. don't push Damian development back how was when was first introduced to give Tim the role back and now is unclear what going to what to Damian
    Also being it questioned how he was giving Damian props as a character and I agree with him that Damian don't need be robin to develop as a character thought was the fact he stop being robin my issue in the first place sorry should made that clear from the start
    'Damian doesn't really need the Robin mantle'

The bold part was Korath giving Damian props. He's basically saying Damian is a well developed character who doesn't need to rely on a title or role to press on with success going forward, no matter what mask or emblem is attached to his chest.

Got you on the last part. Damian dropping Robin, and Tim dropping the Drake code-name to become Robin again was quite random, especially from Tim's end. It's clearly editorial mandate, where things lead next for Damian in particular is yet to be seen. Hopefully there is something good at play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Honestly, one of my biggest pet peeves in fanfics, is when things are added to characters that the writer already can't write. So, I avoid them.
    But, fanfics aren't more about develops things that comics don't give attention? like characters insecurities and there is more dialogues, or long POVs, also detailed descriptions of feelings with good comparations.
    So ^w^)/ if you don't like fics that added things, what kind do you like (@w@)/ ?
    Ah, so for you 0% chance of Damian having asperger?
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 09-07-2020 at 04:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    'Damian doesn't really need the Robin mantle'

The bold part was Korath giving Damian props. He's basically saying Damian is a well developed character who doesn't need to rely on a title or role to press on with success going forward, no matter what mask or emblem is attached to his chest.

Got you on the last part. Damian dropping Robin, and Tim dropping the Drake code-name to become Robin again was quite random, especially from Tim's end. It's clearly editorial mandate, where things lead next for Damian in particular is yet to be seen. Hopefully there is something good at play.
    "He's basically saying Damian is a well developed character who doesn't need to rely on a title or role to press on with success going forward,"

Ah then I apologise to both you and him for misunderstood that.

And with you other point here hoping it working out

I still prefer Damian having a break from Gotham. Robin is a part of the path, not the final objective.
    *Not a break from comics, he with another friend/mentor/or knowing many good helpfull peoples in "solos" adventures are what I would like...
    If he take all his super pets with him would be more cheerful, he could not has a house, but with his pets anyplace would be a home.
    And now I can't take Klarion of my head, I read a couple of his apparitions, he is like a stubborn/ spoiled Damian's begin. I would love see Damian being pissed of by noticing they look like each other X'D.
    And both have/like cats.

BANNED

I still prefer Damian having a break from Gotham. Robin is a part of the path, not the final objective.
    *Not a break from comics, he with another friend/mentor/or knowing many good helpfull peoples in "solos" adventures are what I would like...
    If he take all his super pets with him would be more cheerful, he could not has a house, but with his pets anyplace would be a home.
    And now I can't take Klarion of my head, I read a couple of his apparitions, he is like a stubborn/ spoiled Damian's begin. I would love see Damian being pissed of by noticing they look like each other X'D.
    And both have/like cats.
    Like dick or any of characters that part of barman story less something like them join teen titans were not actually leave Gotham but part another group and can move back forward for each then I still prefer Damian having a break from Gotham is never going to happen. Or if does like Jon Kent they character has no actually development outside maybe be supporting character so it really was not that big of a deal to overall story.

Also dc changing how doing it comics and you idea of removing Damian for Gotham with no attachment to any of other big hero would remove him.

s, he with another friend/mentor/or knowing many good helpfull peoples in "solos" adventures are what I would lik

Again what you believe will work is not true is best for the character especially when say character has set character arc with set group and mentor and friend the point is fix Damian issue not give the writers more way to muck up his character. And solo comic are less like for next while for most characters

*Not a break from comics

His storyline at moment centre in Gotham and around barman . It centre Gotham for a while especially as the character is young
    Last edited by Shadow1322; 09-07-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Like dick or any of characters that part of batman story less something like them joins teen titans were not actually leave Gotham but part another group and can move back forward for each then I still prefer Damian having a break from Gotham is never going to happen. Or if does like Jon Kent they character has no actually development outside maybe be supporting character so it really was not that big of a deal to overall story.

Also dc changing how doing it comics and you idea of removing Damian for Gotham with no attachment to any of other big hero would remove him.

s, he with another friend/mentor/or knowing many good helpfull peoples in "solos" adventures are what I would lik

Again what you believe will work is not true is best for the character especially when say character has set character arc with set group and mentor and friend the point is fix Damian issue not give the writers more way to muck up his character. And solo comic are less like for next while for most characters

*Not a break from comics

His storyline at moment centre in Gotham and around barman . It centre Gotham for a while especially as the character is young
    Damian's first TT wasn't in San Francisco?
    But, for example, Robin - Son of Batman is a story that's not inside Gotham, he appears there sometimes, but the central idea is Damian, Maya, and his past before Batman. If a new solo gets 6 issues, Damian would stay 6 months way from Gotham (that makes sense with all he said), and keep showing up for the readers.
    *Super sons adventures also happened just in space.
    I just can't see how Damian would suddenly becoming Robin again, also would be better for his development.

And, about becoming like Jon and being just a support character: I am accepting anything (^U^)/
    I just don't want him disappearing.

But, fanfics aren't more about develops things that comics don't give attention? like characters insecurities and there is more dialogues, or long POVs, also detailed descriptions of feelings with good comparations.
    So ^w^)/ if you don't like fics that added things, what kind do you like (@w@)/ ?
    Ah, so for you 0% chance of Damian having asperger?
    Not necessarily. They can also be used to expand upon or introduce new adventures. Often times, for me, that would be crossovers. Like seeing how character A from this franchise interacts with character C from another franchise. Like "Multiversal Constant" on AO3 is about the Super Sons, during their original run when they got done helping that one planet, accidentally end up on the Young Justice (season 1) Earth instead of their own. Its an expansion what's already there, but not in a way that completely alters the character.

You could say I'm one of those extremely picky readers; I gloss over most stories and only read a select few. Things like angst, smut, slash, etc are what I purposefully avoid. If writers want to write that, fine. But I won't read it. Its not my thing.