Page 244 of 313 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not necessarily. They can also be used to expand upon or introduce new adventures. Often times, for me, that would be crossovers. Like seeing how character A from this franchise interacts with character C from another franchise. Like "Multiversal Constant" on AO3 is about the Super Sons, during their original run when they got done helping that one planet, accidentally end up on the Young Justice (season 1) Earth instead of their own. Its an expansion what's already there, but not in a way that completely alters the character.

You could say I'm one of those extremely picky readers; I gloss over most stories and only read a select few. Things like angst, smut, slash, etc are what I purposefully avoid. If writers want to write that, fine. But I won't read it. Its not my thing.
    Is the opposite for me, "crossover" is one of the first things I exclude when I look for fics, but I will try to read this one you wrote above ^w^/
    I like to read fanfics with good characters relationships like #brucewayneisagoodfather.
    Or, very opposite again, mature fics.

Yeah, fics have many "if writers want to write that, fine. But I won't read it. Its not my thing." '^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1322 View Post
    "He's basically saying Damian is a well developed character who doesn't need to rely on a title or role to press on with success going forward,"

Ah then I apologise to both you and him for misunderstood that.

And with you other point here hoping it working out
    Hoping the same

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't see Damian getting back to Robin any time soon. Wouldn't make sense when WB is clearly pushing Tim as the Robin in outside medias now - probably because they've realized that it's his most recognizable feature and he isn't really suited for another identity, when Damian doesn't really need the Robin mantle.
    WB isn't pushing Tim in outside media if they were then Tim in GK would be Tim not Damian. The fact that Tim is Damian shows which Robin they are pushing.

WB isn't a charity.

Robin is Tim's most recognisable id? To who? A handful of Comic fans because gamers and the casuals don't have a clue who Tim [It actually sad watching the reactions to GK on Youtube] If Tim is so recognisable then why is he Damian?

Tim isn't suited for Robin either. Tim was the Robin that broke up the Dynamic Duo. The independent Robin.

Robin these days is the face of TT and Titans that is robins most prominent and profitable role. Tim isn't any of that. That is Dick Grayson.

Tim went back to robin in Young justice which was a huge bust.

Robin is carry Tim these days and I don't think that's what WB or AT&T have in mind. This isn't a charity.

Damian has been successful as Robin. He is more recognisable in the role.

Damian makes so much more money for WB. I'm sure that some at Dc were trying to ruin Damian and squeeze him out [ this is the 2nd time a Robin has been thrown under the bus for the benefit of Tim Drake] but the decision isn't just there's.

No one who knows anything about business will swap Damian for Tim. Only a fanboy obsessed with nostalgia would do that

You do know that it's Tim in Gotham Knights, right ? Down to gadgets and all that jazz which is distinctly non-Damian.

You do know that it's Tim in Gotham Knights, right ? Down to gadgets and all that jazz which is distinctly non-Damian.
    When you saw that robin did you think Tim or Damian?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    WB isn't pushing Tim in outside media if they were then Tim in GK would be Tim not Damian. The fact that Tim is Damian shows which Robin they are pushing.

WB isn't a charity.

Robin is Tim's most recognisable id? To who? A handful of Comic fans because gamers and the casuals don't have a clue who Tim [It actually sad watching the reactions to GK on Youtube] If Tim is so recognisable then why is he Damian?

Tim isn't suited for Robin either. Tim was the Robin that broke up the Dynamic Duo. The independent Robin.

Robin these days is the face of TT and Titans that is robins most prominent and profitable role. Tim isn't any of that. That is Dick Grayson.

Tim went back to robin in Young justice which was a huge bust.

Robin is carry Tim these days and I don't think that's what WB or AT&T have in mind. This isn't a charity.

Damian has been successful as Robin. He is more recognisable in the role.

Damian makes so much more money for WB. I'm sure that some at Dc were trying to ruin Damian and squeeze him out [ this is the 2nd time a Robin has been thrown under the bus for the benefit of Tim Drake] but the decision isn't just there's.

No one who knows anything about business will swap Damian for Tim. Only a fanboy obsessed with nostalgia would do that

I dont know what you are talking about:

1. You CLEARLY recognize that TIM is in Gotham Knights, Tim is the Robin with the Bo Staff and you see him using the Bo.
    Damian is smaller than Tim and he wears a cowl.

2. The Robin who was used in all the Arkham Games was TIM DRAKE and NOT!!!! Damian Wayne.

Tim is recognised by ALL GAMERS and CASUALS because he was the Robin in ALL the Batman Games so far (except Injustice).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Damian's first TT wasn't in San Francisco?
    But, for example, Robin - Son of Batman is a story that's not inside Gotham, he appears there sometimes, but the central idea is Damian, Maya, and his past before Batman. If a new solo gets 6 issues, Damian would stay 6 months way from Gotham (that makes sense with all he said), and keep showing up for the readers.
    *Super sons adventures also happened just in space.
    I just can't see how Damian would suddenly becoming Robin again, also would be better for his development.

And, about becoming like Jon and being just a support character: I am accepting anything (^U^)/
    I just don't want him disappearing.
    I not really work under point he will or won't be robin. Damian could be different identify and suit and still be able work alongside batman

Robin - Son of Batman
    Outside the fact the son batman serve a set point to end Damian arc that being going on which in general Damian had no real arc in rebirth after set point and this would still not actually fix the issue around Damian writing which i.point out many time to you.

. If a new solo gets 6 issues, Damian would stay 6 months way from Gotham (that makes sense with all he said

He back next month which probably given ending to issue with Bruce and Damian and it set just after joker war. I mean right after it for the wording.

I just can't see how Damian would suddenly becoming Robin again, also would be better for his development

We're made robin again right away it not my issue but him.And Bruce fix this issue and the writers find a way push Damian back into his previous that they muck up is my issue.

solo gets 6 issues,

And dc with few post and new information they were unlike to do solo comic for near future for most character but Again son.of batman serve a set point and they should not keep repeating this point because some like these moments

Also I think you misunderstood point outside fact I rather this train wreck of a storyline that happening with Damian ended so hopeful they do more interesting thing with the character. You ask for could have be done before 2nd teen titans annual to better set up the development and full the gaps in the writing
    Last edited by Shadow1322; 09-08-2020 at 04:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    When you saw that robin did you think Tim or Damian?
    Yeah. When I saw the first screenshots, all I knew was that it could be either or at that point. With how DC and wider media have no issue "borrowing" from each Robin as they see fit, it really was a tossup. It wasn't until later when someone mentioned that they had confirmed it was Tim (which wasn't confirmed right away during the initial reveal) that I knew they were going with the name of "Tim" but with Damian's costume aesthetic and original crew-cut hairstyle.

Astonishing Member

I want to mention that it was the creators of the game who choose Tim for Gotham Knights. They want to develop this character in that story (it is even possible Tim will left the Robin mantle at the end of the story).

They are also the creators of Arkham Games, where they also have Tim as Robin.

So, it doesn't seem that WB was really pushing Tim in this situation.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-08-2020 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I dont know what you are talking about:

1. You CLEARLY recognize that TIM is in Gotham Knights, Tim is the Robin with the Bo Staff and you see him using the Bo.
    Damian is smaller than Tim and he wears a cowl.

2. The Robin who was used in all the Arkham Games was TIM DRAKE and NOT!!!! Damian Wayne.

Tim is recognised by ALL GAMERS and CASUALS because he was the Robin in ALL the Batman Games so far (except Injustice).
    Can you relax a bit?
    It's just a fictional character and it doesn't matter, in the end, who is who in that game. And yes, "TIM" is not *the* Tim in GK. Apart from the Bo and the hood (that Damian wears) the costume and the hair scream Damian.
    Last edited by Yennefer; 09-08-2020 at 06:15 AM.

I agree that the best thing we can do is to wait for the detective comics.
    About something else... I haven't understood something: Is a reboot near in the way? If yes, do you think it's possible for DC to wipe out characters like Duke and Damian from the main continuity?
    Will they write Damian differently?

Default Something interesting.

Guys, I recently watched the "V for Vendetta"... The movie. And seeing V... His general style, advanced vocabulary, precision in martial arts, his class, the books, the old soul and the mask.... I thought Damian. Like, if Damian was an adult, I believe his *aesthetic* (I am not talking about V's ideology) would be of V's.
    What do you think?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I want to mention that it was the creators of the game who choose Tim for Gotham Knights. They want to develop this character in that story (it is even possible Tim will left the Robin mantle at the end of the story).

They are also the creators of Arkham Games, where they also have Tim as Robin.

So, it doesn't seem that WB was really pushing Tim in this situation.
    I don't like games in general so I really don't know how storytelling on game work, so if we choose Tim as our character, we will explore Tim's story on the game? About Damian on that game, I think they will retell Damian's origin on that game, like some kind of quest to save Bruce's blood son from LoA. But on the other hand the game placed mainly on Gotham so I don't know if they will bring LoA to Gotham or the main four will teleport to Infinity Island.
    (Ha look at me, talking about game when the only game I've ever finished is Cooking Academy. Forgives me if I've made a mistake with my noobness)

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    I agree that the best thing we can do is to wait for the detective comics.
    About something else... I haven't understood something: Is a reboot near in the way? If yes, do you think it's possible for DC to wipe out characters like Duke and Damian from the main continuity?
    Will they write Damian differently?
    I think it's impossible to wipe out Damian from main continuity. His animated movie series are well accepted, he's kinda popular on Injustice (yes, he's popular as Dick's killer but still), he has graphic novel (yes, it's Ian Wayne not our Damian but still), and his character are considered fresh and full of potential story (and feeding Batman angst). At least I don't think DC will remove him before making crappy stories about him getting girlfriend. Duke is kinda more possible to get wiped out, but his existence is safe as long as Synder stays, except if Synder gets Morrison muse and want to kill his own creation.
    They always write Damian differently from one story to another. His character is kinda grey, so it's hard for writers to have one absolute agreement of his characterization, they will have their own perception about how to write Damian properly.

I've heard that it's not reboot that will come, but relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I think it's impossible to wipe out Damian from main continuity. His animated movie series are well accepted, he's kinda popular on Injustice (yes, he's popular as Dick's killer but still), he has graphic novel (yes, it's Ian Wayne not our Damian but still), and his character are considered fresh and full of potential story (and feeding Batman angst). At least I don't think DC will remove him before making crappy stories about him getting girlfriend. Duke is kinda more possible to get wiped out, but his existence is safe as long as Synder stays, except if Synder gets Morrison muse and want to kill his own creation.
    They always write Damian differently from one story to another. His character is kinda grey, so it's hard for writers to have one absolute agreement of his characterization, they will have their own perception about how to write Damian properly.

I've heard that it's not reboot that will come, but relaunch.
    Is the relaunch worse?? What do you mean?