Page 245 of 313 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 4692
    Astonishing Member

If yes, do you think it's possible for DC to wipe out characters like Duke and Damian from the main continuity?
    No. Why should they do that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I think it's impossible to wipe out Damian from main continuity. His animated movie series are well accepted, he's kinda popular on Injustice (yes, he's popular as Dick's killer but still), he has graphic novel (yes, it's Ian Wayne not our Damian but still), and his character are considered fresh and full of potential story (and feeding Batman angst). At least I don't think DC will remove him before making crappy stories about him getting girlfriend. Duke is kinda more possible to get wiped out, but his existence is safe as long as Synder stays, except if Synder gets Morrison muse and want to kill his own creation.
    They always write Damian differently from one story to another. His character is kinda grey, so it's hard for writers to have one absolute agreement of his characterization, they will have their own perception about how to write Damian properly.

I've heard that it's not reboot that will come, but relaunch.
    I think it's impossible to wipe out Damian from main continuity.

Yet you list off points from outside the main continuity.

They always write Damian differently from one story to another. His character is kinda grey

Damian from main continuity
    Outside the teen titans has not been written differently from one story to another his story arc was the same and using story outside the main continuity don't go against that point . And whatever your point was with the character is kind of grey is lost to me

Also no I didn't think he be removed from the main continuity or dc in general
    Last edited by Shadow1322; 09-08-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Man, Damian not being here for this just feels like a punch to the gut after being hugged. Whatever direction DC decides to go with him, I hope he and Dick can at least get the reunion they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Man, Damian not being here for this just feels like a punch to the gut after being hugged. Whatever direction DC decides to go with him, I hope he and Dick can at least get the reunion they deserve.
    Does he ask about Damian at all? Because he probably would (and then get an awkward silence). And then he'd bring up Alfred...

Ha, he even brings up how it felt like they acted like he didn't exist .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does he ask about Damian at all? Because he probably would (and then get an awkward silence). And then he'd bring up Alfred...
    The most acknowledgement we get for Damian is a hallucination of him being one of the people to help bring Dick to his senses.

Ha, he even brings up how it felt like they acted like he didn't exist
    Just for the very next page to reveal that Bruce has actually been stalking Ric this whole time and was just giving him space to "find his way back on his own". Which I still call bullshit on. Your son was shot in the head, Bruce. He is literally brain damaged and you had more than enough resources to fix him. That was not the time to let him go on some self destructive journey to find himself XD

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1322 View Post
    I think it's impossible to wipe out Damian from main continuity.

Yet you list off points from outside the main continuity.
    My point is he has many exposure, and he sells much money on most of them (I don't know how much Ian Wayne sells and I don't want to know). Those exposure will bring new fans, and DC can't put him out of continuity or they will risk losing his new fans and his old fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1322 View Post
    They always write Damian differently from one story to another. His character is kinda grey

Damian from main continuity
    Outside the teen titans has not been written differently from one story to another his story arc was the same and using story outside the main continuity don't go against that point . And whatever your point was with the character is kind of grey is lost to me.
    I know I shouldn't use "grey" word, sorry it's kinda hard for me to depict it. It's not only about his morality between Al Ghul tutelage and Batman's lesson, which is also often different depend on the writer, but also with his attitude. Like, Damian's attitude is somewhat between childish bratty behavior and forced maturity and the way to balance that is depend on the writers. Take this for example. Seeley is one of people who wrote good Damian, and he wrote him loves game like Cheese Viking. This gaming aspect attached to him like on DC holiday with Jon, or Flash issue when Barry recalling Wallace playing game together with Damian and the rest of current TT. But Gleason disagree on that. In his opinion, Damian will see game as beneath him and will not like it because it's waste of his time. And we can't say either one of them is wrong, because in the end, writers have the right to have different perspective about Damian.

It really is sad that Damian wasn't there. But I am sure they will eventually reunite! I'm not sure if it will be in Nightwing or in Detective Comics, but it will happen!

And at least he made a little appearance in this panel:

nightwing.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    It really is sad that Damian wasn't there. But I am sure they will eventually reunite! I'm not sure if it will be in Nightwing or in Detective Comics, but it will happen!

And at least he made a little appearance in this panel:

nightwing.jpg
    Is that Donna?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that Donna?
    The Michael Jackson lookin' one, right next to Damian? Yeah, that's her.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

The most acknowledgement we get for Damian is a hallucination of him being one of the people to help bring Dick to his senses.

Just for the very next page to reveal that Bruce has actually been stalking Ric this whole time and was just giving him space to "find his way back on his own". Which I still call bullshit on. Your son was shot in the head, Bruce. He is literally brain damaged and you had more than enough resources to fix him. That was not the time to let him go on some self destructive journey to find himself XD
    Oh come on, let your son go on some self destructive journey to find himself is always good method of parenting, right Bruce?
    RCO019_1582253353.jpg

Astonishing Member

Whatever direction DC decides to go with him, I hope he and Dick can at least get the reunion they deserve.
    Probably Tomasi's 'Tec, Batfamily was mentioned in solicits of this storyline.

The events of Teen Titans (as well as Young Justice) is all Reverse Flash's fault. He hypnotised Wallace into letting Damian get away with his antics (he also tricked Bart into bringing back YJ instead of the Flash Family). Without Thawne's meddling, Wallace would've probably reined Damian in before it was too late.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So that's just one more thing I can go ahead and blame Wallace for XD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The events of Teen Titans (as well as Young Justice) is all Reverse Flash's fault. He hypnotised Wallace into letting Damian get away with his antics (he also tricked Bart into bringing back YJ instead of the Flash Family). Without Thawne's meddling, Wallace would've probably reined Damian in before it was too late.
    Well that good I think

But what if they fix it I don't read much flash sorry
    Last edited by Shadow1322; 09-08-2020 at 01:11 PM.

So that's just one more thing I can go ahead and blame Wallace for XD
    In this instance it would be more fair to blame Thawne for making Wallace act this way.