Page 249 of 313 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 4692

I don't see the need to drag out any more contrived drama with the Batfamily. If anyone could write a believable reconciliation between Bruce and Damian, it would probably be Tomasi.

The thing is, for once, the drama wasn't contrived.

But I think I'll just drop comics altogether. This relaunch coming is making clear it's not the kind of story-telling medium worth investing in for someone like me. Not with Manag and B.D. out there.

It looks like Damian is in #1033’s cover, but it looks like he’s not wearing Robin costume. Could it be a new one? New alias?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    It looks like Damian is in #1033’s cover, but it looks like he’s not wearing Robin costume. Could it be a new one? New alias?
    I think it is his Robin costume, it isn't just pretty clear due to the angle.

If Damian get a new costume and alias, it will likely be on January.

Daniele Di Nicuolo drop an image of Damian with a Batsuit (Tom Taylor is involved too). Some think it is about DCeased, but it isn't confirmed. It could be his new suit in continuity (if he stops to be Robin).

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, I can't think of any other time Damian has been involved with Hush.

From Batman : Street of Gotham. I hope Street of Gotham become canon somehow, maybe they will bring Colin back.

Astonishing Member

To be honest, after these announcements, I am no longer sure that this is exactly DCeased. Even with hashtags on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Exactly why I felt Tomasi was NOT the man needed to handle the fallout of Damian and Bruce. IF they'll reconcile like that, I'll just wash my handswith Damian, I guess, because that character will have lost any semblance of integrity and credibility to be - once more - reduced to a joke.
    To be fair, DC (or at least Tynion) mandate huge restoration of Bat-Family. With saying that Bruce become an ass to Dick and Damian because of his grief after losing Alfred on Batman (even though he neglect both on them long before Alfred's death), unknown talk between Tim and Batman on Young Justice, and the declaration that he's actually watching Dick all along (again, it's huge bullshit) current issues somehow are mainly proposed to restore Bruce's reputation on Batfam. And what will improve his reputation more than he 'forgives' his killer son to save his family?
    So yeah, it sucks, but it's kinda expected from DC right now.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 09-11-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think it is his Robin costume, it isn't just pretty clear due to the angle.

If Damian get a new costume and alias, it will likely be on January.

Daniele Di Nicuolo drop an image of Damian with a Batsuit (Tom Taylor is involved too). Some think it is about DCeased, but it isn't confirmed. It could be his new suit in continuity (if he stops to be Robin).
    Makes sense, but what does it mean? I'm so worried omfg hahaha

And I think it is something DCeased related, but perhaps a new series or something? Because it does seem something new, although not completely.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Makes sense, but what does it mean? I'm so worried omfg hahaha

His white outside black inside pants remind me of his fist costume when he met Batman for the first time. If that suit is standard LoA costume, then yeah, you should be worried

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It's funny you should say that, because this TT run is actually what made me warm up to Emiko. Before, I thought she was just another lazy way of making Green Arrow look like Batman by giving him his own Cassandra AND Damian, all in one character (...and I still kinda think that). But I really warmed up to her in Glass' Titans. In fact, she's pretty much the only character that I ended up liking better by the end of it.
    Emiko isn't based on Cass or Damian. She's based on Thea Queen from the Arrow TV series, which is funny, because Thea was in turn based on Mia Dearden and Arrow later introduced Emiko as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    DETECTIVE COMICS #1033

Written by PETER J. TOMASI

Art and cover by BRAD WALKER and ANDREW HENNESSY card stock

Card stock variant cover by LEE BERMEJO

On the eve of some of the biggest changes ever in Gotham City, Batman finds himself at a crossroads with the people of the city he has sworn to protect. A landslide victory for anti-vigilante mayoral candidate Christopher Nakano is bringing with it new legislation to outlaw the Bat-Family's very way of life -- and with his rogues gallery still knocking on his door, Bruce will need to make some tough decisions about the future...

32 pages, $3.99, (Cardstock, $4.99), available on Dec. 22.
    Copycats, that sounds just like what's happening in Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Emiko isn't based on Cass or Damian. She's based on Thea Queen from the Arrow TV series, which is funny, because Thea was in turn based on Mia Dearden and Arrow later introduced Emiko as well!
    I haven't caught most of the Arrowverse but from what little I have seen in heard, it is very much "Ollie is Batman-lite". Even if it wasn't the intent, I still get major Cass and Damian vibes off of Emiko.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    DETECTIVE COMICS #1032

Variant cover by LEE BERMEJO

Father vs. son round two! Batman and Damian Wayne are once again butting heads after Bruce uncovers the missing Black Casebook pages in the clutches of his estranged son. But when the notorious Hush captures the entire Bat-Family, the Dark Knight and the former Boy Wonder must put aside their differences to help Nightwing, Batgirl, Signal, Orphan, Red Hood, and Batwoman survive!

32 pages, $3.99, (cardstock, $4.99), available on Dec. 8.

DETECTIVE COMICS #1033

Card stock variant cover by LEE BERMEJO

On the eve of some of the biggest changes ever in Gotham City, Batman finds himself at a crossroads with the people of the city he has sworn to protect. A landslide victory for anti-vigilante mayoral candidate Christopher Nakano is bringing with it new legislation to outlaw the Bat-Family's very way of life -- and with his rogues gallery still knocking on his door, Bruce will need to make some tough decisions about the future...

32 pages, $3.99, (Cardstock, $4.99), available on Dec. 22.
    You know what? If this is going where I think it's going, I'm okay with it. Does Bruce deserve Damian back? Hell no. He doesn't deserve any of the Batfam's loyalty. But I'll take them finding a way to reconcile over what's been happening to Damian for the past two or so years. Especially if it's done by Tomasi, who is the absolute best when it comes to writing those two not just as Batman and Robin, but as father and son.

Do I think Damian should leave Robin behind? Eh. Based on how long he's held the title, I'd be okay if he moved on. But not like this. Not in the way TT was building him up to do it. Do I want to see Damian and Bruce make up? Not particularly. Not unless Bruce acknowledges how fucked up it was that he let his son go this long thinking Alfred's death was his fault. But, again, I'll take it because I think it beats the downward spiral he was going on after Djinn left the team (technically, it started way before but that's when it got worse). If they do make peace with each other, I'm glad Tomasi will be the one bringing them back together.

If I got to decide, I'd probably keep them estranged at the most. They don't really...speak to each other but Damian's still mostly a hero and he's there whenever the whole Batfam is needed.
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-11-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I haven't caught most of the Arrowverse but from what little I have seen in heard, it is very much "Ollie is Batman-lite".
    Honestly, he himself isn't, they just used the League of Assassins and a couple of Titans villains (Deathstroke and HIVE), and gave Felicity a couple of storylines adapted from Batgirl comics (the spinal implant first used in New 52 and the daughter of Calculator story that Wendy Harris had in Steph's run). He has a Team, not just a sidekick. What the comics adapted from Thea for Emiko was primarily the costume design and the half-sister relationship.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The thing is, for once, the drama wasn't contrived.
    Any drama spinning from King's run feels contrived at this point.

Yeah, but at least Jason has his own book where he gets to be the star and MC. Not the butt-end of a joke like in Supersons for Damian or a book where he is crushed by a legacy far too heavy for any character to bear nowadays (Teen Titans).

And Jason proved to still be somewhat estranged from Batman in Event:Leviathan and even in Three Jokers (even if I don't really like this book so far).

Damian will just get back in line and be the good little unwanted child adoring his father or something, instead of growing and developing into his own character. It just sickens me.

It would be cool if he got a solo mini after leaving TT. I think neither Tim or Damian should go back to being Robin.

SO. No Damian in December solicitations?

Anyway.. I think that I saw him Behind Tim in one comic cover with a lot of characters... Maybe something related with Metal.