Page 268 of 313 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4692
    Astonishing Member

I trust Tomasi but Tynion on the other hand........ well i strongly suspect that he had something to do with Damian's recently character destruction and the attempt to wrestle Robin away from him.
    And what does Tynion have to do with it, lol? Damian's storyline in TT began back when King ruled Batman, the decision to remove Robin's mantle from Damian was generally made when DiDio was still in power. Tynion had no power over the character, even when he started his run, it was implied that he was just a filler writer who had to bring everything to Ridley's run.
    I would say more, Thompson reduced Damian's actions to psychological trauma because of Alfred just at the moment when Abernathy and Tynion gained power in the Bat-office. Before that, there were no such excuses that clearly serve to make the situation easier.
    The only thing that Tynion can be suspected of is trying to make Tim Robin again.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    And what does Tynion have to do with it, lol? Damian's storyline in TT began back when King ruled Batman, the decision to remove Robin's mantle from Damian was generally made when DiDio was still in power. Tynion had no power over the character, even when he started his run, it was implied that he was just a filler writer who had to bring everything to Ridley's run.
    I would say more, Thompson reduced Damian's actions to psychological trauma because of Alfred just at the moment when Abernathy and Tynion gained power in the Bat-office. Before that, there were no such excuses that clearly serve to make the situation easier.
    The only thing that Tynion can be suspected of is trying to make Tim Robin again.
    1, King never ruled at DC. Snyder did. he was the one that King thanked for his Batman gig. He is the one that got Tynion all his high profile DC gig's. He is Dc's biggest money maker and he calls the shots.

2, The decision to exile Damian from the Batman line and the Batman office was made under Snyder. Even Morrison listed Snyder as one of the reasons why he decided to put his dolls back in the box by killing Damian.

3, Didio had something against Dick's generation. Damian is not anywhere on his radar.

4, Which writer has used Damian frequently when given the chance to use the Batfamily? King

5, Who does removing Damian from the mantle of Robin favour? and who forshadowed the fact that Tim was having problems letting go twice? Tynion.

We as outsiders aren't privy to the full details but we can make an educated guess based on past behaviour and some factual info.

My assumptions are based on past confirmed behaviour and factual info while you base yours on fan made assumptions.

It is implied that Ridley... implied by ..?

Didio confirmed that 5G wasn't what fan's assumed it was.

Fans assumed that Tynion was going to be a filler writer despite the man putting out a news letter with detailed plans. DC never said that Tynion was going to be a filler writer.

Even when Didio was incharge the one attempt we know to remove Damian wasn't made by him but by Snyder. Didio wanted Dick Grayson to die in forever evil. His focus is on the JL and the Titan's generation.

You do know that Abernathy was appointed well before the decision was made to terminate King's run?

At the end of the day we both speculate.

Do you have any data informing your speculations?
    Accurate ones since details like how far back Abernathy's appointment as group editor dates back is clearly inaccurate.

You can verify this on his social media, on this site and when you look at his work history [it includes all the titles that were he's the Batman group editor]
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 10-03-2020 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    City of Bane was Bruce's fault (seriously, what was King thinking), but Bruce did try to get Alfred out of there. Alfred was supposed to escape and once he gave the signal Bruce would send in Damian to replace him as hostage. That was literally the only reason.
    Alfred could have been the one to let the others into the mansion to defeat Thomas once he got the order to kill the hostage, but apparently Bruce didn't want to risk Alfred's life, so he risked Damian's instead.
    Bruce is the worst under King.
    I just hope for the character's sake that King's run end's up retconed.

Batman wasn't a hero under him. he was an incompetent, abusive, cowardly joke. A barely functioning man child.

He absolutely wasn't a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I just hope for the character's sake that King's run end's up retconed.

Batman wasn't a hero under him. he was an incompetent, abusive, cowardly joke. A barely functioning man child.

He absolutely wasn't a hero.
    I keep my opinion of Batman being an anti-hero. I think, if someone that never saw batman read the last 2 years of comics, they would put him in the same category as Jason.
    - Aggressive
    - Even when don't kill let enemies to die
    - Don't respect other heroes/friends/family opinion
    - Lier (not Jason)
    - Spank family.
    - Don't try to deal with problems speaking first.

Batman is more a hero in people's memory than in maaaaaaaanyyy canons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I keep my opinion of Batman being an anti-hero. I think, if someone that never saw batman read the last 2 years of comics, they would put him in the same category as Jason.
    - Aggressive
    - Even when don't kill let enemies to die
    - Don't respect other heroes/friends/family opinion
    - Lier (not Jason)
    - Spank family.
    - Don't try to deal with problems speaking first.

Batman is more a hero in people's memory than in maaaaaaaanyyy canons.
    I get what you mean and I agree though IMO Jason displays more heroic tendencies than Batman. All the Robins for me are more heroic than Batman than batman when you think about it.

Since he evolved into bat Jerk in the 90's Bruce hasn't really been a good man. Batman is a broken victim who never got the help he needs and instead self medicates by punching bad guys.

I get what you mean and I agree though IMO Jason displays more heroic tendencies than Batman. All the Robins for me are more heroic than Batman than batman when you think about it.

Since he evolved into bat Jerk in the 90's Bruce hasn't really been a good man. Batman is a broken victim who never got the help he needs and instead self medicates by punching bad guys.
    I mean, Jason, anti-hero that he is, doesn't have lethal plans for his closest friends and keeping them in the dark about it for one. And he also treats them as friends. Not tools (see Red Hood Rebirth). He may not always be completely honest, but its far from the world shattering consequences that Bruce tends to go to.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Damn it, I guess we won't be seeing that Morrison sequel to Arkham Asylum with Damian.

https://www.gamesradar.com/grant-mor...asylum-sequel/

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Damn it, I guess we won't be seeing that Morrison sequel to Arkham Asylum with Damian.

Suspected as much for sometime. With no news, Morrison's new gig and packed schedule it just wasn't feasible anytime soon.

At least it's not a definite never so who knows. This isn't the 1st time Morrison has shelved works to only return to it later.

heck he claimed that he has said everything he had to say about batman [his reason for not taking part in the tec 1000 issue] but we know how that turned out when tec 1027 rolled up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I mean, Jason, anti-hero that he is, doesn't have lethal plans for his closest friends and keeping them in the dark about it for one. And he also treats them as friends. Not tools (see Red Hood Rebirth). He may not always be completely honest, but its far from the world shattering consequences that Bruce tends to go to.
    It's remember me in the TV show Harley says she is a "villain, but not a bad person", Bruce is kind the opposit? And, yeah, people can like Batman as a hero, but Jason is a better friend ♡♡♡
    Thinking about The Boys (that I don't watch), it's about how be a hero don't means being a good person and how status and power give a free pass for breaking the law (I think), and many heroes of comics (that don't do this critics) are like this.
    There is another hero that fake being a egocentric playboy for cover them identity? I feel like Bruce had many possibilities for hide Batman and he got Don Juan personality just because.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Aww I was looking forward to this.

I hope he comes back to it someday.

It's remember me in the TV show Harley says she is a "villain, but not a bad person", Bruce is kind the opposit? And, yeah, people can like Batman as a hero, but Jason is a better friend ♡♡♡
    Thinking about The Boys (that I don't watch), it's about how be a hero don't means being a good person and how status and power give a free pass for breaking the law (I think), and many heroes of comics (that don't do this critics) are like this.
    There is another hero that fake being a egocentric playboy for cover them identity? I feel like Bruce had many possibilities for hide Batman and he got Don Juan personality just because.
    He pretends to be a playboy because it's the opposite of the Batman persona. Just like no one connects mild mannered reporter Clark Kent to the All Powerful Gob like being Superman.

It's difficult to imagine pampered society fop Bruce Wayne as the intimidating no nonsense Dark Knight.

They are polar opposites.

He pretends to be a playboy because it's the opposite of the Batman persona. Just like no one connects mild mannered reporter Clark Kent to the All Powerful Gob like being Superman.

It's difficult to imagine pampered society fop Bruce Wayne as the intimidating no nonsense Dark Knight.

They are polar opposites.
    It makes senses, but if he pretends to be mild mannered millionaire wouldn't has the same effects? Also, other heroes like Dick don't need to pretend have a opposite personality... also Flash, or Kara, or Green Lanterns.
    I always have a thing with how identities are secretes without voice distortion and when all face or almost all face shows up, while I keep reading I forget about this, but so someone in the story says "my secret identity" and I remember how weird it is covered. Even if Clark and Superman have polar opposite personalities, they are exactly the same XD. I was so sure something is going to happens when he shows up naked in the new movie and get close of Louis, like, "now she will know since the begins!!! What will happens?!?!" But nop, no glasses = no clark.
    And since Bruce is not a playboy anymore, doesn't mean that the playboy personality was never necessary?

I love the expression "polar opposite" ♡♡♡

It makes senses, but if he pretends to be mild mannered millionaire wouldn't has the same effects? Also, other heroes like Dick don't need to pretend have a opposite personality... also Flash, or Kara, or Green Lanterns.
    I always have a thing with how identities are secretes without voice distortion and when all face or almost all face shows up, while I keep reading I forget about this, but so someone in the story says "my secret identity" and I remember how weird it is covered. Even if Clark and Superman have polar opposite personalities, they are exactly the same XD. I was so sure something is going to happens when he shows up naked in the new movie and get close of Louis, like, "now she will know since the begins!!! What will happens?!?!" But nop, no glasses = no clark.
    And since Bruce is not a playboy anymore, doesn't mean that the playboy personality was never necessary?

I love the expression "polar opposite" ♡♡♡
    Thanks

I suppose the Billionaire *Playboy is Iconic now but when I think about it I don't recall many comics where Bruce is a *Playboy in the traditional sense. A socialite, a Fop and an eligible Bachelor yes but never a *playboy.

Heck the comics usually portrays him as a Romantic. The dude has been engaged lots of times. Has been willing to give his night time activities for love multiple times.

He is such a lovesick puppy that there's a well known gag [do you wanna know my secret identity] that he falls in love so easily and gives his heart so willingly that he always reveals his secret identity to women.

I recall the movies portraying him as a *playboy [as in man-ho] and some very old comics where he gets kidnapped or is portrayed as being a combat useless rich boy/fop.

The Bruce being a '*playboy' thing is still a thing. That is he is still a society boy who the public associate more with Gala's and less with being a badass ninja detective.

I don't mind either way so long as I get good stories. I enjoyed the goofy old comics where Clark Kent gets trolled by the office bully or Gotham Socialite Bruce Wayne gets held hostage and then shenanigans ensue.

*Playboy doesn't always mean flirt/man-ho it can also mean party boy. Someone who lives the high life and doesn't have much responsibilities
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 10-05-2020 at 11:35 AM.