Page 270 of 313 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4692
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I really hate the idea that Damian needs Jon or now Cassandra to not lose it.

But I also don't see his actions in TT as bad. For me, they were just logical and justified.

His actions in TT towards KGBeast are reasonable but what he did throughout the entire run with Djinn and Emiko was very Amanda Waller of him. He doesn't even have the experience like Amanda to back it up.

I'm also tired of the cliche that brooding characters just need the right cheerful extrovert to change them. What's wrong with introverted characters?
    Last edited by OopsIdiditagain; 10-07-2020 at 06:06 AM.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Wrong text ><

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Damian got "Batman needs Robin to not get insane" or "Selina is the one who became the light of happiness on Batman's life or something like that" treatment. Seems like everyone collectively agree that Waynes can't handle their own emotion by themselves. But with their tracks for lashing out every time something went wrong, that's almost justified.
    What should be Damian's reaction? "Whatever happens to you I will keep fine because I work alone, I am the night, I am a lonely symbol that no ones wants but needs. TT"?
    I think all heroes lost control when who they love die, Tim was like this, Bruce freak out when he lost Damian, Jason cried about Roy (I think he kept well because he had Artemis and Bizarro), Superman become crazy about losting Louis.
    Also Damian's Robin is Robin, Cassandra is totally different from Selina and the 3 are the triad that Batman allows his team works being friends.
    Damian is the Batman who share his feelings and looks for treatment, he looks for help for handle with feelings by himself, just avoid feelings is the opposite of deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    His actions in TT towards KGBeast are reasonable but what he did throughout the entire run with Djinn and Emiko was very Amanda Waller of him. He doesn't even have the experience like Amanda to back it up.

I'm also tired of the cliche that brooding characters just need the right cheerful extrovert to change them. What's wrong with introverted characters?
    I also think Damian's actions in TT is logical, but I don't think in him about someone so introverted, he is more like someone who repress himself for being afraid of relationships, buuut, agree he is a little to cheerful in DCeased. I love introverted characters with a nice background, they are almost always my favorite in animes, but don't like when this happens just because the character is in deep pain and this never changes. A good example of this is Matt of Digimon 1, he is introverted, have a little sad story, but he deal with this and become more happy, but don't become a cheerful character, he is in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I really hate the idea that Damian needs Jon or now Cassandra to not lose it.

But I also don't see his actions in TT as bad. For me, they were just logical and justified.
    He doesn't but heavens forbid any positive growth by Damian be down to the character. How dare he have any agency.

How come when it's good the credit goes to others but when it's bad it Damian being the shitty kill hungry brat he always was or regression?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    He doesn't but heavens forbid any positive growth by Damian be down to the character. How dare he have any agency.

How come when it's good the credit goes to others but when it's bad it Damian being the shitty kill hungry brat he always was or regression?

Why can't there been an inbetween though? It's either an edgy boy who pushes everyone away or a sad boy who needs people to reach out to him to show any shade of kindness.

Why not just a chill but snarky character?

Why can't there been an inbetween though? It's either an edgy boy who pushes everyone away or a sad boy who needs people to reach out to him to show any shade of kindness.

I'd like to say because he's 13 and insecure as all hell so he over compensates both as a mask but also because he's desperate to prove himself and yearns for approval.

Damian's got a lot to unlearn, overcome and accept due to his upbringing and the environment he grew up in. His current environment isn't helping It must suck to be replaced how many times. Once by a Starfish. Harsh!

Bruce isn't the best father or role model.
    letting him take the fall for Alfred's Death.
    Instructing Damian on how to own and operate an illegal arse jail.
    teaching him that stopping a heart and restarting it is a totally okay thing to do.
    Being proud and giving him praise after he had just hijacked Cyborgs system without his consent. Team mates aren't tools Bruce.
    Never once correcting him/told him off the many times he's uttered that blood son crap.

Bruce is pretty much taking the Alfred approve to parenting. Enable the worst tendencies and let kid get away with shit.

He kind is in between? He is not Bruce or Impulse (one of my new babiesss), the problem is: there is many middles, because everything that is not in the extremities are in middle, but for tendencies we think our middle is the best middle, I can say "Dick is not in the middle", just because I would prefer he being less funny, but he is already in the middle, but not the middle I want (just an example, love Dick how he is).

*OP characters make me itch* =what this means?
    *Why not just a chill but snarky character?* Jason is already like this right? I love it =u=)/ he is not mean, but a funny sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    He kind is in between? He is not Bruce or Impulse (one of my new babiesss), the problem is: there is many middles, because everything that is not in the extremities are in middle, but for tendencies we think our middle is the best middle, I can say "Dick is not in the middle", just because I would prefer he being less funny, but he is already in the middle, but not the middle I want (just an example, love Dick how he is).

*OP characters make me itch* =what this means?
    *Why not just a chill but snarky character?* Jason is already like this right? I love it =u=)/ he is not mean, but a funny sarcastic.
    overpowered characters make me itch.

Jason is more outgoing than Damian imo. Damian's humor's a bit more dry.

overpowered characters make me itch.

Jason is more outgoing than Damian imo. Damian's humor's a bit more dry.
    Agree and agree, as I sad, Damian is a little too cheerful, but I like to see he in a happy future, he hugs Jim is now one of my favorite panels. But Damian was still pretty angry cat with the aliens, aren't him? He being soft with friends and stubborn angry cat with who he doesn't knows is pretty good for me.
    I know many people will hate this idea, but if there is a DCeased 8 years after this currently time, I would love to see a Damian's child.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Damian's appearance in Death in The Family leak

Now the question is, how much exactly age difference between Damian and Jason? I'm always under impression that it's no more than 10
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 10-09-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Now the question is, how much exactly age difference between Damian and Jason? I'm always under impression that it's no more than 10
    Pre flashpoint between 8 or 9 years imo.

Post flashpoint it is hard to pin down how old Jason is actually supposed to be.

(And if you by the Publishing date of Son of the Demon, he would have been born when Jason was Robin, so he would have been around 12 years younger, but that wouldn't really with the pre flashpoint ages.)

Not to mention the whole artificially aged thing. Sometimes its referenced, other times it looks like Damian aged normally (so to speak).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not to mention the whole artificially aged thing. Sometimes its referenced, other times it looks like Damian aged normally (so to speak).
    When they talked about Damian aged artificially?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    When they talked about Damian aged artificially?
    Tomasi mentioned it in an IGN interview but he also said not to think about it too much