Page 286 of 313 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 4692
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    spoilers:
    I wouldn't want Damian returning so soon to the Bat-family, maybe a neutral stance would be a okay for the end outcome.
    It's just too soon for him to become Robin again, plus in my opinion his rookie assassin outfit is a good look for him, maybe a little redesign would make it better.
    Considering the next issue is a Batman and Robin team up to save the batfamily, Damian immediately be welcomed with open arms is just too soon.
    I mean the Teen Titans still want to bring Damian to justice for the murder, if he actually did it, plus the whole 'Dear Jon' letter would be pointless if he'd just return to the family after one issue.
    end of spoilers
    I gotta agree, as much as people don't like what happened resolving it quickly just makes his character development even cheaper.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

This will not be surprising, because the storyline of the Titans was not written by the people from the Bat-office, now Damian is with them, and it is likely that they just want to throw off the ballast.
    And the vast majority hated that storyline, so it's another reason for them to ignore it.

I accepted a rushed conclusion to the Ric storyline. In fact I welcomed it with open arms. I can accept a rushed conclusion to Damian's current...episode.

Unsurprisingly, not a fan at all of Tomasi reducing the events of TT to Damian having a temper tantrum and being treated like a child - again. Nothing good will come from DC eltting him have his hands on Damian again. He'll only regress the character further and makes him even more of a joke and less of a central character. Ten bucks that if Kid Jons returns then Damian will become entirely adjacent to him - and even dependant on him, somehow.

Really not a fan of this writing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Unsurprisingly, not a fan at all of Tomasi reducing the events of TT to Damian having a temper tantrum and being treated like a child - again. Nothing good will come from DC eltting him have his hands on Damian again. He'll only regress the character further and makes him even more of a joke and less of a central character. Ten bucks that if Kid Jons returns then Damian will become entirely adjacent to him - and even dependant on him, somehow.

Really not a fan of this writing.
    As someone who is still enjoying the Teen Titans run, I'm not a fan of the idea of someone sweeping all the events and developments under the rug in general.

I don't necessarily want everything he did to be swept under the rug. But I also can't say I'd be complaining too much if it was. It's like the Rick situation or Steph's victim syndicate phase in that I wasn't a fan of it from the start and don't really care how it ends, so long as it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Unsurprisingly, not a fan at all of Tomasi reducing the events of TT to Damian having a temper tantrum and being treated like a child - .
    I mean...that's basically what that issue was. Him having his equivalent of a teenage temper tantrum. He got his licks out on Bruce and Bruce let him because he's an angry child who clearly needed to vent.

TT already simplified his actions and motivations by pretending this was all about Alfred and completely ignoring the event that made him start that team in the first place. Which kinda sucks because I actually did like his original motive.
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-10-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I don't necessarily want everything he did to be swept under the rug. But I also can't say I'd be complaining too much if it was. It's like the Rick situation or Steph's victim syndicate phase in that I wasn't a fan of it from the start and don't really care how it ends, so long as it ends.

I mean...that's basically what that issue was. Him having his equivalent of a teenage temper tantrum. He got his licks out on Bruce and Bruce let him because he's an angry child who clearly needed to vent.

TT already simplified his actions and motivations by pretending this was all about Alfred and completely ignoring the event that made him start that team in the first place. Which kinda sucks because I actually did like his original motive.
    I think his original motivation was pretty weak and also pretty pointless. Damian will always fail to find a better way to fight crime because DC less crime means no story and also nobody is ever allowed to be better than Batman. It sucks but that's how DC works. So when I first saw what Glass was trying to do I knew it was doomed. I have no interest in stories like that.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    As someone who is still enjoying the Teen Titans run, I'm not a fan of the idea of someone sweeping all the events and developments under the rug in general.
    I have to disagree, the sooner we forget this book ever existed the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Did Bruce say "sorry" for tried put Jason in Arkham after the fake Penguin's shoot?
    Nope, he told him he "deserved a kick in the ass from time to time" pr something along those lines and thought that made it okay.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    No. Just a hug after dropping the bomb of Roy's death on him. DC then waved it off as "enough".
    What issue this hug happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    What issue this hug happened?
    32 I want to say? Around there anyway.

Astonishing Member

Thank you very much.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

It's actually 27 - two issues after their falling-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    It's actually 27 - two issues after their fallout.
    Been awhile, thanks.

I expected more. I get that Tomasi is ignoring stuff, especially if he truly has to bring Damian back to the "good side" in the now last 3 (?) issues of his run, but this is such a short cut that it feels incredibly boring. The Batfamily having barely any reaction toward what happened also felt wrong. At least half of those characters care for Damian. Or should.

But I agree that the assassin/black-op outfit looks good. Hope we see more of it.