Page 287 of 313 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4692
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I expected more. I get that Tomasi is ignoring stuff, especially if he truly has to bring Damian back to the "good side" in the now last 3 (?) issues of his run
    Yes Tomasi said that he writes Tec book only until issue #1033

Wait, so he's off the book when it returns after Future State? Where did he say that?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, so he's off the book when it returns after Future State? Where did he say that?
    Screenshot_2020-11-11-17-36-27-111_com.twitter.android.jpg

Here's from his twitter. He presumably will be off the book to write something titled "Alexander Nevsky"

Btw, here's sneak peek of Tec #1033 from Tomasi's account. His domino mask is back, so he will be Robin again?

Astonishing Member

He's wearing Robin suit in Death Metal as well, Capullo showed sneak peak from one of future issues.
    Walker, by the way, already had a sneak peek on Instagram from one of the future issues. It depicts Bruce and someone else (the figure is not drawn to the end), but in the hashtags Walker indicated that it is Robin, without specifying which one. Now, apparently, it is clear which one.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 11-11-2020 at 04:33 AM.

Urgh, wonderful. Way to make Damian's character even more pathetic, now he does tamper tantrums and then return back to Robin.

The Rebirth era will have been horrible for him from start to finish save for a few issues of TT it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Urgh, wonderful. Way to make Damian's character even more pathetic, now he does tamper tantrums and then return back to Robin.

The Rebirth era will have been horrible for him from start to finish save for a few issues of TT it seems.
    If that's what it takes to get readable Damian stories again, fine by me. Almost everything about Teen Titans was unenjoyable garbage and the worst part is, ending up that was was basically the only way such story could go in the DC universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Screenshot_2020-11-11-17-36-27-111_com.twitter.android.jpg

Here's from his twitter. He presumably will be off the book to write something titled "Alexander Nevsky"
    I don't think that "Alexander Nevsky" is the "something else for DC" he's talking about here. So while he's probably off Tec he will continue to work for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    If that's what it takes to get readable Damian stories again, fine by me. Almost everything about Teen Titans was unenjoyable garbage and the worst part is, ending up that was was basically the only way such story could go in the DC universe.
    It will make Damian less readable not more. I found that during Glass TT he was far more sympathetic and understandable than anywhere else during Rebirth, even the previous TT run of 2016. Now, he just seems set to become a pathetic little wimp who does tamper tantrums, goes out with grandiloquent tirades only to return like a pathetic dog to his own, with his tail between his legs because reasons.

That's trash tier level of writing and characterization for any character but especially damageable for him.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

It will make Damian less readable not more. I found that during Glass TT he was far more sympathetic and understandable than anywhere else during Rebirth, even the previous TT run of 2016. Now, he just seems set to become a pathetic little wimp who does tamper tantrums, goes out with grandiloquent tirades only to return like a pathetic dog to his own, with his tail between his legs because reasons.

That's trash tier level of writing and characterization for any character but especially damageable for him.

I know it's subjective but I didn't find Glass' Robin to be very sympathetic. He could be entertaining but something about the way the writing justified his actions wasn't likeable.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I know it's subjective but I didn't find Glass' Robin to be very sympathetic. He could be entertaining but something about the way the writing justified his actions wasn't likeable.
    You mean going from a clear Middle Eastern background to strapping a bomb to Damian's chest? Yeah...

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You mean going from a clear Middle Eastern background to strapping a bomb to Damian's chest? Yeah...
    And Damian acting like a sociopath. I felt like I was reading an edge fest and not the fun kind.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

That's quite the read considering Glass TT run was a deliberate attempt at ruining the character. Pushing him to such an unlikable extreme so they can take Robin away him so they can justify/ sway WB to allow them to do so.

Glass crapped on Damian every issue.
    he was pushed around and phy7sically attacked multiple times by Crush
    Was blamed for accidentally killing RH's sis
    Turned into a Suicide bomber
    Took an L from Jason who he had beaten handily before
    Agreed to be mentored by Jason who isn't his even equal in anyway
    Went to hell
    is all AlGhul no Wayne according to Alfred
    his motivations made no sense
    Damian we learnt doesn't really belong in Gotham or with the batfam preferring to hang out with the Middle Eastern refugees in Gotham
    His team are afraid of him despite constantly bullying and smacking him around.

TT was a hate letter to Damian and his fans Masterminded by Glass and those with Power behind the scenes who have been trying to replace him since Snyder took over Batman.

It's been 9 years and I'm still waiting for Damian to have a peaceful tenure as Robin/Batman's sidekick

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I'm glad Damian is getting away scot free with what happened in TT. It wasn't right what they attempted to do to the character.

There's no justification for deliberate character assassination. Damian did not deserve what was done to his character. No character deserves that.

It's fitting that his about turn should be just as swift as his heel turn and make about as much sense. Nicely done Tomasi

I’ve said this before but it’s just so weird that if Damian did kill brother blood we never saw it. He said he did it sure and apparently Batman figured it out, but we never see a flashback or even a recording showing him doing it. If it literally wasn’t for Batman monologuing that Robin killed someone and Damian not denying it you’d think someone set him up.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.