Page 291 of 313 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 4694
  1. #4351
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Djinn and Crush relationship is kinda toxic for me. Like when Djinn concealed Crush's true face with magic so they will look like 'normal girl'
    She did that so they could disguise themselves, it was not meant to hurt crush
    Crush, however got so aggressive and possessive the minute she noticed djinn showing intrest in Damian. The whole thing was a mess.

  2. #4352
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She did that so they could disguise themselves, it was not meant to hurt crush
    Crush, however got so aggressive and possessive the minute she noticed djinn showing intrest in Damian. The whole thing was a mess.
    I think there's an issue when they just hung out on restaurant (not mission related) and Djinn concealed them then when Crush knew it, she became kinda annoyed. Like, they're not criminal, why they must concealed themselves?
    But yeah, Crush before and after Djinn went is really different, almost like different person, which is understandable considering Crush without Djinn is written by Thompson, not Glass

  3. #4353
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I think there's an issue when they just hung out on restaurant (not mission related) and Djinn concealed them then when Crush knew it, she became kinda annoyed. Like, they're not criminal, why they must concealed themselves?
    But yeah, Crush before and after Djinn went is really different, almost like different person, which is understandable considering Crush without Djinn is written by Thompson, not Glass
    So we dont get much commentary on this in comics anymore but people like Gar, beastboy Crush, Lagoon boy, walk around and are heroes but get varying reactions from people. Gar use to be just a green kid, now he's more beast like, but is still a personality/celbrity as he was in the 80s. I recall a pognant scene from young jsutice, when Lagoon boy has saved some children hostages, the kids reel back and then run and hug robin instead. There is a whole c plot on creatures an alien who live on earth disguised to get by in young justice.

    Djinn is ashamed of how she or Crush looks, but she probably know how they appear does not keep people at ease and can dran unwanted attention.

  4. #4354
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That's utter nonsense.

    Damian in Glass teen Titans was extremely relatable as a confused youth who had been used as child soldier by his own parents all his life and was struggling to find a way he felt worked to stop the criminals who keep destroying lives around him. He aligned with Red Hood - someone he had beaten before because he had taken him by surprise - and strapped bomb to himself because he knew it give Jason pause if need be and had nothing of those toxic implications US readers love to see everytime someone isn't entirely from European descent (which is one of you guys problems : your multi-culturalism sucks because it keeps creating walls between people by creating communities instead of forging a nation but it isnt really here nor there)).

    And of course he'd lean more toward the al'ghul teachings because his father's led to the destruction not only of a whole planet but of plenty of innocent peoples because Batman can't prevent the likes of Joker, Black Mask and all from killing untold numbers of peoples. Damian deciding that enough is enough was one of the most heroic things he did, and struggling to try and find the best way to achieve true peace for the peoples of Gotham. He did mistakes of course, but they were born og the best intentions.

    And his team was dysfunctional because his father never even tried to make him get out of his child-soldier mindset. If Batman had truly wanted his son to be normal, he should have barred him entirely from the vigilante business and force him to be just a student in Gotham Academy or something like that. Because then he'd have had to interact with normal kids (mostly) and had to develop a life outside of the war on crime. Instead, Bruce felt it was a great idea to just put him in a Robin costume and call it a day since he barely had to train him at all to make him able to fight alone. Of course he doesn't know how to make a team work, he was never trained to be! With his mother he was trained to rule, it was kill or be killed. With Batman it was obey his every order and that's it! He does what he has been told to do, to command and expects others to obey like they do his fathers. It's not a mistake, it's not even a real flaw. It's the result of what has been his life up until this point.

    And I love Damian as this cold and brutal vigilante who sometimes need to be reined in. And him lashing out at Batman and tearing away the R from his chest was one of his best and strongest moments, because for the first time ever, he got to decide who he was, by himself and for himself. Not to satisfy the ambitions of his mother or his father. To decide who Damian the teenager is, what he wants and what he believe in.

    If three issues laters he is Robin again, alongside Batman, I'm sorry but it's the worst thing which could happen to him and will make this character utterly unreadable. The next time he'll voice any complain, he'll have to shut up because then he'd be a little wimp who does tamper tantrums because daddy doesn't love him enough or another bullshit excuse that Tomasi will puke on the page. It sucks, and it shouldn't be what this character is, a pathetic piece of shit who cries and need the oh so better adjusted Kid Jon or Cassie Sandsmark or Dick or whoever DC will throw at him next to have any sense of a moral compass.

    Him going for the kill on Blood and KGBeast doesn't make him a monster, it makes him someone who has decided that enough is enough and that those who have been given all the chances to make amends and never do have to be stopped for good. Him returning to Batman like nothing happened and adhering to his code but with "TT" makes him a trash character and confirm that since Rebirth, he has devolved into a pathetic creation and that Grant Morrison was right to want him dead and fully dead.

    I'd rather he hadn't returned after being killed by The Heretic than to see him as Batman's good boy.
    so much to unpack here but here goes:

    Relatable is subjective. We didn't even get what Damian's motivations for his actions were. Go ahead and tell me the concrete reason given for Damian's actions and what were his motivating thoughts as he escalated his methods?

    Damian hasn't just beaten Jason but he totally eclipses Jason when it comes to smarts, tactics, tech and every single skill we saw him employ in TT.
    Damian was ruining his own covert squad before age 10. He is more lethal and as we saw his plans for a permanent solution to crime in TT were on a whole different league to Jason's rubber bullets in gun tech that Jason has been working for the last how long.

    Damian had NOTHING to learn from Jason and would find the idea of someone he doesn't even rate as anything as a loser offering to help him. That was occ and hence why we never got any details because there is nothing that Jason can teach Damian.

    You shouldn't label people buddy or make assumptions. I'm from Manchester UK so don't know what exactly you are implying but wrong continent.
    What I find toxic is that the issue before we get the Damian strapping bombs to himself. Glass had Alfred [who we just saw in King's Batman mocking and taunting a crying penguin in Batman's own illegal ass jail]Say that Damian was acting not like a Wayne but that he was all Al Ghul like Ra's.

    Yah dis avow the jewish side and blame it all on the Al Ghul side for the up coming negative Middle Eastern stereotype enforcing that's about to be un loaded on us.

    the ironic thing is that Damian was very much acting like a Wayne in the Glass TT run. 100% All his father's bad habits and negative tendencies were in full effect.

    The lack of trust, the using people as tools, the disregard for human rights, the whole acting like he knows better than anyone else, the punishment not fitting the crime, excessive force, lying, double standards, endangering others. Leaving KGB for dead.
    Never leaving a man down, picking fights that look like he has no chance, taking on far more powerful foes and taking on the impossible. Putting himself through torture and risking his life for others even those who are against you.

    These are all Bruce Wayne traits, methods and practises. So NOPE Damian was just doubling down on his Wayne tendencies not the Al Ghul.

    [The brain washing is more JL]

    Now I'm not saying that Damian didn't develop or grow during the run. he did. He learnt how to recruit TM's, he learnt that he's good with people so he's delegating to Emi.
    He tried it his own way which proves that inside Damian is more like his father than we ever knew.

    I'm not saying that there was no good things. Damian returning to Hell for a TM is the most heroic thing that any member of the Batfamily has ever done.

    That is metal and Hardcore. That is a true hero. he's 13, already been to Hell, remembers every single day he spent there and yet he went back to save another person. That is mettle on a different level than I've read from any other hero. Ever!

    That single issue moved Damian to my number no1 hero spot. dethroning Dick Grayson so yeah there were some good but most of it was negative.

    The good there was wasn't also presented as good but left a bit veiled or written in a way that can be seen as negative.

    The team been so toxic was down to Damian but more to do with the a'holes he had as tm's. Crush
    is abusive and jealous, Djinn was handsy and manipulative and RH is selfish, vindictive and not actually a hero.

    They are fickle, have zero principles and in general have issues.

    You say Tomasi made Damian the butt of the Joke in Supersons well so did Glass. How many times did Crush manhandle Damian?

    I liked the moment Damian ripped off the Robin logo. I like that Damian didn't budge an inch on what he thought was right regardless of how wrong we know he is.

    I liked that Damian went after KGB for what he did to Dick .

    DC has a way of handwaving the batfamily closeness so I'm glad that there were stories showing how the family members who really care and have a current relationship with Dick actually did something to retaliate.

    Damian is going back to Robin. That's to be expected. WB isn't about to sacrifice their 2nd most well known Robin. A successful Robin who is even more successful with the casuals than with the niche comic demo.

    Not to mention that I can't see such a global company replacing a minority with another white middle class male from the burb's. [Heck even CW is attempting to race bend Tim for the Titans]

    Damian was always going back to Robin. I know some behind the scenes tried really hard to undermine the character which was what i believe Glass was supposed to do.

    I don't view Damian going back to Robin as weak since I don't actually know what the disagreement with Bruce was.

    The JL losing a planet
    The Refugee place getting destroyed
    Bruce sending him into Gotham and thereby causing Alfred's death
    Bruce letting him be the fall Guy for his bad decisions during City of Bane
    Bruce jumping out of the Shadows at Dick thereby making his amnesia worse
    Dick forgetting him
    His father using him as bait and a meat shield
    his father neglecting him while fussing over a starfish

    I don't know what the reason for their current beef is but Damian coming back after failing to find a permanent solution to crime that's doesn't make him judge/juror and executioner.

    Is okay. It's manly and grown up. Those are big boy problem that face every hero and nation in the world. There is no way of stopping crime permanently. Only fools and bad dictators believe that's possible. So Damian realising this and also realising that he doesn't have the right to deny others their rights is a major growth.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-20-2020 at 05:11 PM.

  5. #4355
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    Did You all here about Grant Morrison coming out as non-Binary?

  6. #4356
    Incredible Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Did You all here about Grant Morrison coming out as non-Binary?
    yeah I read about it.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

  7. #4357
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,692

    Default

    With Dick back I wonder if he can help Damian.

  8. #4358
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    With Dick back I wonder if he can help Damian.
    Damian shouldn't be Dick's responsibility honestly.
    Bruce should step up plus Dick has just been through a very traumatic experience and is in the process of sorting his life out.

    I don't think Dick should be taking on extra responsibilities or other people's responsibilities.

    This is on Bruce. he enjoys taking in other peoples kids and putting them to work. Well it's time for him to put in some work raising his own kid.

  9. #4359
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    yeah I read about it.
    It was surprising but also not at the same time. Congrats to them for being able to come forward and be real about who they are.

    I found their interview very compelling.

  10. #4360
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    so much to unpack here but here goes:

    Relatable is subjective. We didn't even get what Damian's motivations for his actions were. Go ahead and tell me the concrete reason given for Damian's actions and what were his motivating thoughts as he escalated his methods?

    Damian hasn't just beaten Jason but he totally eclipses Jason when it comes to smarts, tactics, tech and every single skill we saw him employ in TT.
    Damian was ruining his own covert squad before age 10. He is more lethal and as we saw his plans for a permanent solution to crime in TT were on a whole different league to Jason's rubber bullets in gun tech that Jason has been working for the last how long.

    Damian had NOTHING to learn from Jason and would find the idea of someone he doesn't even rate as anything as a loser offering to help him. That was occ and hence why we never got any details because there is nothing that Jason can teach Damian.

    You shouldn't label people buddy or make assumptions. I'm from Manchester UK so don't know what exactly you are implying but wrong continent.
    What I find toxic is that the issue before we get the Damian strapping bombs to himself. Glass had Alfred [who we just saw in King's Batman mocking and taunting a crying penguin in Batman's own illegal ass jail]Say that Damian was acting not like a Wayne but that he was all Al Ghul like Ra's.

    Yah dis avow the jewish side and blame it all on the Al Ghul side for the up coming negative Middle Eastern stereotype enforcing that's about to be un loaded on us.

    the ironic thing is that Damian was very much acting like a Wayne in the Glass TT run. 100% All his father's bad habits and negative tendencies were in full effect.

    The lack of trust, the using people as tools, the disregard for human rights, the whole acting like he knows better than anyone else, the punishment not fitting the crime, excessive force, lying, double standards, endangering others. Leaving KGB for dead.
    Never leaving a man down, picking fights that look like he has no chance, taking on far more powerful foes and taking on the impossible. Putting himself through torture and risking his life for others even those who are against you.

    These are all Bruce Wayne traits, methods and practises. So NOPE Damian was just doubling down on his Wayne tendencies not the Al Ghul.

    [The brain washing is more JL]

    Now I'm not saying that Damian didn't develop or grow during the run. he did. He learnt how to recruit TM's, he learnt that he's good with people so he's delegating to Emi.
    He tried it his own way which proves that inside Damian is more like his father than we ever knew.

    I'm not saying that there was no good things. Damian returning to Hell for a TM is the most heroic thing that any member of the Batfamily has ever done.

    That is metal and Hardcore. That is a true hero. he's 13, already been to Hell, remembers every single day he spent there and yet he went back to save another person. That is mettle on a different level than I've read from any other hero. Ever!

    That single issue moved Damian to my number no1 hero spot. dethroning Dick Grayson so yeah there were some good but most of it was negative.

    The good there was wasn't also presented as good but left a bit veiled or written in a way that can be seen as negative.

    The team been so toxic was down to Damian but more to do with the a'holes he had as tm's. Crush
    is abusive and jealous, Djinn was handsy and manipulative and RH is selfish, vindictive and not actually a hero.

    They are fickle, have zero principles and in general have issues.

    You say Tomasi made Damian the butt of the Joke in Supersons well so did Glass. How many times did Crush manhandle Damian?

    I liked the moment Damian ripped off the Robin logo. I like that Damian didn't budge an inch on what he thought was right regardless of how wrong we know he is.

    I liked that Damian went after KGB for what he did to Dick .

    DC has a way of handwaving the batfamily closeness so I'm glad that there were stories showing how the family members who really care and have a current relationship with Dick actually did something to retaliate.

    Damian is going back to Robin. That's to be expected. WB isn't about to sacrifice their 2nd most well known Robin. A successful Robin who is even more successful with the casuals than with the niche comic demo.

    Not to mention that I can't see such a global company replacing a minority with another white middle class male from the burb's. [Heck even CW is attempting to race bend Tim for the Titans]

    Damian was always going back to Robin. I know some behind the scenes tried really hard to undermine the character which was what i believe Glass was supposed to do.

    I don't view Damian going back to Robin as weak since I don't actually know what the disagreement with Bruce was.

    The JL losing a planet
    The Refugee place getting destroyed
    Bruce sending him into Gotham and thereby causing Alfred's death
    Bruce letting him be the fall Guy for his bad decisions during City of Bane
    Bruce jumping out of the Shadows at Dick thereby making his amnesia worse
    Dick forgetting him
    His father using him as bait and a meat shield
    his father neglecting him while fussing over a starfish

    I don't know what the reason for their current beef is but Damian coming back after failing to find a permanent solution to crime that's doesn't make him judge/juror and executioner.

    Is okay. It's manly and grown up. Those are big boy problem that face every hero and nation in the world. There is no way of stopping crime permanently. Only fools and bad dictators believe that's possible. So Damian realising this and also realising that he doesn't have the right to deny others their rights is a major growth.
    My memories about current TT is kinda fuzzy and I refused to re-read it again, but there's some things that I think I have different perspective to take it than majority of reader, like:

    1. Jason as Damian's mentor. Sure, he taught Damian to stole Bruce's money (which is weird because Damian is already rich without his father's money) but just like you said, he didn't teach Damian anything about crimefighting, he only gave Damian information about villains who work under The Other. How did Jason know that? Well, perhaps because his past status as druglord gave him some connection, besides I think he watched over underground shift of power. Something that honestly cannot be done by 13 years old wearing bright costume, no matter how competent he is. So for me Damian Jason stint on TT is not mentor and disciple, but more like informant and employee, and their break up is because Damian thought that Jason betrayed him by giving him information who almost made him and TT get killed. Damian chose Jason as his mentor is OOC indeed, but him using Jason as his informant certainly is not.

    2. Alfred called Damian Ra's Al Ghul. If I remembered correctly, Damian Jason fight happened before the team learned about the secret prison existence, so the only crime Damian has when he met Alfred is about secret prison. We all agree that Alfred calling Damian for secret prison is huge hypocrite on Alfred's part. But looks like Alfred also know how important Jason's mysterious box is and what will Damian do with it. So maybe Alfred called Damian Ra's Al Ghul because Damian wanted to blackmail his own family. Blackmail is not one of jerk acts that Batman ever done (I think?) but Ra's kinda blackmailed his children once in a while.

    I also want some information about Damian's time on hell, too. On Djinn arc it implied that Elias knows Damian before but we didn't get any explanation, just like Jason's mysterious box, those letters, argh

    If I had to describe TT books without my bias to Damian, the word I will use is 'unsatisfying'.

    I've heard a leak say that Damian will be Robin again, but the sources cannot be trusted. Which is sad because the sources also said about Jon will get de-aged.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 11-21-2020 at 11:25 AM.

  11. #4361
    Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The team been so toxic was down to Damian but more to do with the a'holes he had as tm's. Crush
    is abusive and jealous, Djinn was handsy and manipulative and RH is selfish, vindictive and not actually a hero.

    They are fickle, have zero principles and in general have issues.
    Which only still falls back on Damian for choosing them knowing all 3 were new to the hero game, and inexperienced. He was prepared to accept responsibility should any of them messed up, specifically R.H.

    Djinn - A 4000 year old genie that was used as a weapon for evil deeds for centuries
    Crush - An orphaned half Czarnian raised by drug addicts, and was found in an underground fight club
    R.H. - A smart, isolated, irrational thinking teen overwhelmed with survivors guilt.

    I didn't considered them a holes but giving their origins their personalities were definitely not going to be the nicest in the world.

    So the dysfunction was gonna, and should have happened. The one thing every member had in common was that they had issues which was cleverly written addressed in issues 23-24.

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    You say Tomasi made Damian the butt of the Joke in Supersons well so did Glass. How many times did Crush manhandle Damian?
    She only manhandled him knowingly once; but then again she has all the male members at least once or twice. That was pretty her whole shtick of being the tough lez girl. Damian wasn't exclusive in that regard.
    Last edited by Grandmaster_J; 11-21-2020 at 10:14 AM.

  12. #4362
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Which only still falls back on Damian for choosing them knowing all 3 were new to the hero game, and inexperienced. He was prepared to accept responsibility should any of them messed up, specifically R.H.

    Djinn - A 4000 year old genie that was used as a weapon for evil deeds for centuries
    Crush - An orphaned half Czarnian raised by drug addicts, and was found in an underground fight club
    R.H. - A smart but irrational thinking teen overwhelmed with survivors guilt.

    I didn't considered them a holes but giving their origins their personalities were definitely not going to be the nicest in the world.

    So the dysfunction was gonna, and should have happened. The one thing every member had in common was that they had issues which was cleverly written addressed in issues 23-24.



    She only manhandled him knowingly once; but then again she has all the male members at least once or twice. That was pretty her whole shtick of being the tough lez girl. Damian wasn't exclusive in that regard.
    And it good on Damian for being so open minding and tolerant that he decided to give them a chance. That shows character and the kid never once complained about them. no he took on and accepted them faults and all.
    I am not Damian and to me they are a holes. I am the one complaining not Damian. I get why they are the way they are but understanding doesn't =liking if it were then characters like Damian would be beloved.


    She manhandled him more than once. Knowingly or not doesn't matter and we are not talking about the other tm we are talking about Damian. The character I care about and therefore the one whose writing affects me the most emotionally.

    I didn't appreciate the tough 'lez' girl stereotype one bit. Something about Crush's writing bugged me and now that you say that. That's what was off. She was a stereotype of the butchy militant/hard lesbian.

    The team were a'holes objectively since they went along with everything and then later turned on Damian. They were ARSEHOLES.

    No, sorry they ARE SPINELESS ARSEHOLES.

  13. #4363
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    My memories about current TT is kinda fuzzy and I refused to re-read it again, but there's some things that I think I have different perspective to take it than majority of reader, like:

    1. Jason as Damian's mentor. Sure, he taught Damian to stole Bruce's money (which is weird because Damian is already rich without his father's money) but just like you said, he didn't teach Damian anything about crimefighting, he only gave Damian information about villains who work under The Other. How did Jason know that? Well, perhaps because his past status as druglord gave him some connection, besides I think he watched over underground shift of power. Something that honestly cannot be done by 13 years old wearing bright costume, no matter how competent he is. So for me Damian Jason stint on TT is not mentor and disciple, but more like informant and employee, and their break up is because Damian thought that Jason betrayed him by giving him information who almost made him and TT get killed. Damian chose Jason as his mentor is OOC indeed, but him using Jason as his informant certainly is not.

    2. Alfred called Damian Ra's Al Ghul. If I remembered correctly, Damian Jason fight happened before the team learned about the secret prison existence, so the only crime Damian has when he met Alfred is about secret prison. We all agree that Alfred calling Damian for secret prison is huge hypocrite on Alfred's part. But looks like Alfred also know how important Jason's mysterious box is and what will Damian do with it. So maybe Alfred called Damian Ra's Al Ghul because Damian wanted to blackmail his own family. Blackmail is not one of jerk acts that Batman ever done (I think?) but Ra's kinda blackmailed his children once in a while.

    I also want some information about Damian's time on hell, too. On Djinn arc it implied that Elias knows Damian before but we didn't get any explanation, just like Jason's mysterious box, those letters, argh

    If I had to describe TT books without my bias to Damian, the word I will use is 'unsatisfying'.

    I've heard a leak say that Damian will be Robin again, but the sources cannot be trusted. Which is sad because the sources also said about Jon will get de-aged.
    I saw those leaks and I don't believe them but that's not why I say Damian will go back to Robin [he never actually stopped being Robin]

    I say that because
    1, Damian is far more successful than Tim as Robin and WB is a business so the money influences the decision.
    2, DC doesn't decide who gets to be Robin officially. Robin's value comes from outside the comics

    Damian isn't going anywhere especially when DC and WB are investing so much in his generation.

    I didn't like the Djinn arc but I liked that Damian went back to Hell for a tm after his past experiences. I think the reveal that Damian went to Hell was supposed to be a negative. To demonise him but for me it's a positive and compelling thing.

    This 10 year old went to hell and he's ready to go back to save another. That doesn't make him a monster that makes him a selfless soul and a Hero.

    The whole use of Jason was ill advised and made no sense. It was a dud and all it did was implicate Jason in this whole mess. It made him look like a petty corrupter of innocents.

    Bruce gives you a beating and then you proceed to corrupt his 13 year old who then goes on to takeover your niche and do it better than you ever did in the 10 years you've been trying.

    I was pissed that Glass just had Jason come on and beat Damian up but in the end the story wound up Damian taking over Jason's niche in the franchise and doing jason's job much better than Jason ever did.

    Ofcourse this was due to Priest and the Terminus Agenda which undermined what Glass did and showed why the idea of Damian needing Jason was rubbish. the intricated thought, design and planning being Damian's Terminus Agenda. The longterm planning of all his contingencies [which would have involved the recruitment of Djinn] puts Damian up there with the best.

    It demonstrates just how Machiavellian he is but also makes him not just a really threat but a great actor. How much of his plans rested on Djinn when we think about makes him a master manipulator.

    There was some good in the run but when you sit and think about it, the fact that so much was dependent on Djinn really makes the whole run read differently. It makes Damian really like a super villain and that moment where he recruits her becomes less adorable.

    Man I wish we had Damian's inner thoughts.

    The Terminus Agenda was a great deal of fun. Loved the rivalry between Damian and Slade and Slade trolling the ever living shit out of Damian was a high point of the run.
    Priest and Slade elevated the run however the vagueness of Damian's thought process and motivations ruins the whole thing.

    Like I said before the part Djinn later goes on to play makes the fact that Damian recruited her so much more sinister. Did he target her on purpose for her powers and her ring? Did he recruit Crush because he knew about her lifestyle and used Djinn as bait thereby ensuring her loyalty? I might be over thinking but that's what happens when we aren't given proper motivations.

    On Bruce and blackmail. Bruce does use blackmail all the time. Both physical and emotional. Remember what he did to Jason in his quest to bring Damian back?

    What he did to Steph in order to motivate Tim to return?

    What he's being doing to Dick Grayson for decades now? What he did to Frankenstein? Heck what he did to penguin in batman just a few issues before in Batman [the reason why he was locked up in Bruce's jail]

    Bruce does use Blackmail.

  14. #4364
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,978

    Default

    If Damian returns to the Robin mantle, it'll also makes him one of the most pathetic characters ever written, and certainly the least deserving of the Robin title to ever have held it up. If he can throw it, tear it down and go all dramatic about it only to take it back as if nothing happened... I'm sorry but this character will be a sorry joke and DC would be well deserved to treat it as such. Throw him abck to Super Sons, have him be the pathetic piece of garbage he was in that book and starts him chosing to be called Ian in main continuity and whatever the hell peoples apparently want for this boy, because he won't be worth shit anymore.

  15. #4365
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    If Damian returns to the Robin mantle, it'll also makes him one of the most pathetic characters ever written, and certainly the least deserving of the Robin title to ever have held it up. If he can throw it, tear it down and go all dramatic about it only to take it back as if nothing happened... I'm sorry but this character will be a sorry joke and DC would be well deserved to treat it as such. Throw him abck to Super Sons, have him be the pathetic piece of garbage he was in that book and starts him chosing to be called Ian in main continuity and whatever the hell peoples apparently want for this boy, because he won't be worth shit anymore.



    There canít be another Robin right now. The way itís been explored through Damian, prevent Bruce from ever having another child in the role.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •