Page 301 of 313 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 4692

Just read Challenge of the Super Sons as well.

spoilers:
    A fun issue, just like how it was meant to be. Like Jon not wanting to rip his shirts anymore, and Damian 1 upping his teacher. As for Jon being "angry", I saw that as him being annoyed that he lost 2 weeks for nothing when Damian solved the issue without much trouble. But man, didn't realize how badly I needed just a simple and fun series like this. Like a palate cleanser.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

It seems like Damian appeared alongside Bat-family at the end of latest Nightwing issue. Or another artist screwed up and draw Tim like a kid, who knows.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It seems like Damian appeared alongside Bat-family at the end of latest Nightwing issue. Or another artist screwed up and draw Tim like a kid, who knows.
    I bet it was Tim, he's supposed to be short, and Damian should be a tall ten.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    Judging by the hair, it seems like Damian.
    The other seems to be Tim.

Na that Robin looked too smol to be Tim. Not to mention the anime hair.

These types of comments pretty much demonstrate why 2 Robins is problematic and why Tim being only 3 years older than Damian is a problem.

DC needs to at least age up Tim, make RR distinct from Robin or give Damian a tan
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-16-2020 at 01:41 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Na that Robin looked too smol to be Tim. Not to mention the anime hair.

These types of comments pretty much demonstrate why 2 Robins is problematic and why Tim being only 3 years older than Damian is a problem.

DC needs to at least age up Tim, make RR distinct from Robin or give Damian a tan
    The problem is that Tim is Robin in the upcoming Gotham Knights game. And DC want to reflect that.

[I do think they need to "Nightwing" Tim at this point, but even before Other Media swung back to Tim, there's reasons the attempts haven't stuck - Red Robin is a really crappy name that isn't nearly distinctive enough (although I actually liked his Brett Booth N52 costume) and Drake-as-codename is worse, if not for the same reasons.]

No. Damian is 13 now, and 10 year old Jon was taller than him! Damian isn't tall at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    The problem is that Tim is Robin in the upcoming Gotham Knights game. And DC want to reflect that.

[I do think they need to "Nightwing" Tim at this point, but even before Other Media swung back to Tim, there's reasons the attempts haven't stuck - Red Robin is a really crappy name that isn't nearly distinctive enough (although I actually liked his Brett Booth N52 costume) and Drake-as-codename is worse, if not for the same reasons.]
    With all the things going on, I really do think that Tim Drake's role as Robin is just perfect, too perfect that he can't escape it. That somehow, I think, he shadows over Damian as Robin.
    Unless, in the future there's a guy/gal that gets the Eureka to finally get Tim in a role that's not Robin perfectly, he's better off as Robin.

As for Damian, well, honestly. He works better outside the Bat family, as a rookie vigilante. Codename? up to the writers, but I'm pitching on the Rokh.
    Also, is it just me, or would Stephanie Brown's Spoiler outfit go well with Damian. Maybe a color change, and it'll look good on the kid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Tim also appear in the latest Nightwing issue.

The Batfamily members there seems to be Bruce, Dick, Barbara, Tim and Damian.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    With all the things going on, I really do think that Tim Drake's role as Robin is just perfect, too perfect that he can't escape it. That somehow, I think, he shadows over Damian as Robin.
    Unless, in the future there's a guy/gal that gets the Eureka to finally get Tim in a role that's not Robin perfectly, he's better off as Robin.

As for Damian, well, honestly. He works better outside the Bat family, as a rookie vigilante. Codename? up to the writers, but I'm pitching on the Rokh.
    Also, is it just me, or would Stephanie Brown's Spoiler outfit go well with Damian. Maybe a color change, and it'll look good on the kid.
    I'm curious, what are you basing this on? What stories do we have to show that Damian who is still learning how to fit into regular society and unlearn the habits drilled into him by the cult he grew up in works best outside the Batfamily?

If TT taught us one thing it's that Damian needs supervision and guidance. If Supersons taught us anything it's that Damian needs to spend more time learning how to be a real boy.

I don't think Damian at 13 should be on his own. I know he was left all alone at 10 and that gave us RSOB but that wasn't good for him and as soon as Bruce got his memory back he went looking for him.

If the Bat office is focusing on bringing the family back together then the youngest shouldn't be left to his own devices. That's how we got where we are at the moment.

Tim as Robin impacts Damian same as Jason as Robin did Dick. Fans complained till Dick was settled in his new id and the new guy was no longer seen as an obstacle.

Tim should be over this hurdle already. The RR identity and series should have been that. DC shouldn't have faltered or given in to nostalgia. That was a successful series for Tim.

Sadly because they all share the same skills moving on to something unique isn't easy and fans are also resistant. Gotham can only take so many Batman-lites.

The irony is that characters like Batwing, Signal are the ones with the most potential to really thrive but DC isn't doing anything with them. They bring something to the table beyond allrounder with gadgets and detective skills
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-16-2020 at 07:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

Jurgens liked several tweets on Twitter where he was thanked for adding Damian to his Christmas story, this is most likely confirmation.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Damian's 13/14
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Damian new costume looks rad

Astonishing Member

Another question is what title he will get.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Damian new costume looks rad
    Fingerless gloves? I.....suddenly remember my teenage phrase. Oh my god Damian is on teenage phrase
    So Damian will not come back as Robin? So new codename for him?