Page 308 of 313 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Am I the only one who feels, justified or not, that it's way too soon for that?
    No. I honestly just want a book where Damian gets to be Robin in peace for some time. He's also too young to move on in my opinion. He shouldn't be alone at this age, so I hope we'll get good writing for Talia in the upcoming story.
    If anyone is truly in need of a unique post Robin identity it's Tim Drake.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    No. I honestly just want a book where Damian gets to be Robin in peace for some time. He's also too young to move on in my opinion. He shouldn't be alone at this age, so I hope we'll get good writing for Talia in the upcoming story.
    If anyone is truly in need of a unique post Robin identity it's Tim Drake.
    Agreed.

10 characters

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Am I the only one who feels, justified or not, that it's way too soon for that?
    I also think it's too soon for Damian to take a new identity. Both in story and real world.

Damian hasn't even mastered simple regular society social relations and is still unlearning some of the LOA's conditioned behaviour. He's too young.

He's too young and emotionally stunted to be making such a move.

However I don't believe Damian is about to get a new id. I think he is just going to go back to Robin. I think there was an attempt to get him out of the mantle that is being walked back or is currently in contention.

I get that DC is currently in a state of flux but they are not that dis organised that they can be so confused about the Robin issue. Not to mention that for Tynion a huge Tim fan boy to not make a big seal of Tim becoming Robin again officially makes me feel like there's no change.

he couldn't shut about Babs as Oracle or Cass and Spoiler getting to be Batgirls
    He made such a huge fuss of Tim as Robin again when the BTAS comic series was announced

He also can't stop dropping hints about being in frequent contact WB Montreal re the Gotham Knights game [even asking them recently to drop a Clown hunter easter egg/promo/mention ]

Tynion staying quite on a status quo change for Tim raises questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Seems to be missing a couple of characters. Jason and Titus?

Ric is back to Dick confirmed judging by that garish festive sweater he's rocking.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I also think it's too soon for Damian to take a new identity. Both in story and real world.

Damian hasn't even mastered simple regular society social relations and is still unlearning some of the LOA's conditioned behaviour. He's too young.

He's too young and emotionally stunted to be making such a move.

However I don't believe Damian is about to get a new id. I think he is just going to go back to Robin. I think there was an attempt to get him out of the mantle that is being walked back or is currently in contention.

I get that DC is currently in a state of flux but they are not that dis organised that they can be so confused about the Robin issue. Not to mention that for Tynion a huge Tim fan boy to not make a big seal of Tim becoming Robin again officially makes me feel like there's no change.

he couldn't shut about Babs as Oracle or Cass and Spoiler getting to be Batgirls
    He made such a huge fuss of Tim as Robin again when the BTAS comic series was announced

He also can't stop dropping hints about being in frequent contact WB Montreal re the Gotham Knights game [even asking them recently to drop a Clown hunter easter egg/promo/mention ]

Tynion staying quite on a status quo change for Tim raises questions.
    Yeah, Tynion's saying Harley is trying to be Batman's new Robin, which...yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Seems to be missing a couple of characters. Jason and Titus?

Ric is back to Dick confirmed judging by that garish festive sweater he's rocking.
    I think that's Ace.

Yeah, Tynion's saying Harley is trying to be Batman's new Robin, which...yeah.
    I think some writers [who don't have the numbers to match where they've landed] are so desperate for sales that they resort to gimmicks like pandering, tossing in the hottest sales-guaranteed characters [who cares if their inclusion makes sense] knock off's dressed as originals to drive up sales rather than focus on the story.

King managed to sustain a successful 4 year run with a carrot on a stick and some well aimed tweets/teases. Heck! He's still doing it.

Re the Batman 666debate; I like that Batman a lot. His world, his costume and wanted to see more. It makes sense that a kid as insecure as Damian with all the expectations forced on him from birth will likely feel inferior. Add to that the mind job his upbringing/parental figures did on him then it makes sense for him to worry about measuring up to Dick and Bruce's legacy.

It's also worthwhile to note that that world was conceptualised based on pre growth Damian. That future was a what if for a Character that did not get a redemption journey. A character that didn't die for others. A character who didn't try and try to change. Damian that isn't the hero we've seen. Damian who hasn't learned from all the trails and tribulations along the way.

I feel that current Damian's future should be different.

Unrelated

https://www.cbr.com/interview-ben-ab...-future-state/

Batman Editor Ben Abernathy Teases the Bat-Family's Role in Future State and Beyond
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-19-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Why are they doing a backup story rather than just giving Damian his own solo title again?

I don’t think I’ll be buying Batman/Detective just to get this back up. It sucks because I love Gleb’s art and having him working on my favorite character is going to be fun. But books at $3.99/4.99 just to read the back up story? No thanks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Why are they doing a backup story rather than just giving Damian his own solo title again?

I don’t think I’ll be buying Batman/Detective just to get this back up. It sucks because I love Gleb’s art and having him working on my favorite character is going to be fun. But books at $3.99/4.99 just to read the back up story? No thanks.
    Again those are two of DC best selling titles it’s like being an opening act for taylor swift

Gleb Melnikov teased that there's another new costume for Damian. I'm honestly loving the way he's just freely dropping a bunch of hints!

Astonishing Member

There's a chance it's leading to his solo book later. Or at least something starring him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Gleb Melnikov teased that there's another new costume for Damian. I'm honestly loving the way he's just freely dropping a bunch of hints!
    To go along with his new identity

Where will Damiam appears next??

I have 2 opinions:
    1- maybe DC want Tim being Robin so in future he will move by himself, not for being replaced/fired.
    2- I still see no sense in Damian becoming independent, I still prefer him with a tuto
    **be Robin really means no independence? Because all boys cutted contact with Bruce when they became tt or yj leaders, I think dependence is more about have someone taking care of you. Bruce was not paying attention on Damian for 1 year? Change clothes or ID is more make official.

This broke my Damian as Flame Bird dream TuT)/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Where will Damiam appears next??

I have 2 opinions:
    1- maybe DC want Tim being Robin so in future he will move by himself, not for being replaced/fired.
    2- I still see no sense in Damian becoming independent, I still prefer him with a tuto
    **be Robin really means no independence? Because all boys cutted contact with Bruce when they became tt or yj leaders, I think dependence is more about have someone taking care of you. Bruce was not paying attention on Damian for 1 year? Change clothes or ID is more make official.
    What do mean by next you mean after his backup?